Mini 3 pro video distortion
796 5 2023-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mak H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 245919 ft
United Kingdom

Hi. Ive been experiencing a ripple distortion on some of my Mini 3 provideo shots
I have drone on auto settings with no filter. In these shots it is locked to a target but its happened when not locked before.
The rotors are clean, undamaged and secure. The 2nd shot in the video takes quite a large arc, so i dont think its due

to a specific angle to the sun. It is quite rare, but happened 3 times over two separate visits to this castle.  Any ideas please?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH1SvsElHvM

2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, please check whether there is foreign matter or dust on the gimbal. If so, please remove them. We recommend you check whether the gimbal and propellers have obvious damage or misshapen. Please also calibrate the gimbal for a test. May I ask whether the issue only appears in windy or severe cold environments? We recommend you test in a different place to see if the issue still exists.
2023-6-11
Use props
Mak H
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-11 19:51
Hi there, please check whether there is foreign matter or dust on the gimbal. If so, please remove them. We recommend you check whether the gimbal and propellers have obvious damage or misshapen. Please also calibrate the gimbal for a test. May I ask whether the issue only appears in windy or severe cold environments? We recommend you test in a different place to see if the issue still exists.

Hi Mindy. Thanks for the reply.
The gimbal is clean. The blades are clean, undamaged and secure. Temperature was 20°c. Wind was light. All other shots were fine. Will calibrate later and test again tomorrow. It is a fault that has happened before while the drone is moving rather than hovering(at the time i thought maybe it was to do with the sun and camera/rotor frequency). I just wondered if there was something situational that i should be looking to avoid or minimize when planning my shots in future to stop me coming home with useless footage.
2023-6-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mak H Posted at 6-12 01:07
Hi Mindy. Thanks for the reply.
The gimbal is clean. The blades are clean, undamaged and secure. Temperature was 20°c. Wind was light. All other shots were fine. Will calibrate later and test again tomorrow. It is a fault that has happened before while the drone is moving rather than hovering(at the time i thought maybe it was to do with the sun and camera/rotor frequency). I just wondered if there was something situational that i should be looking to avoid or minimize when planning my shots in future to stop me coming home with useless footage.

Okay, looking forward to your test result. Please also note that if the control stick is strongly pushed, the aircraft flies at high speed, and the jelly effect occurs. In this case, please operate the control sticks gently.
2023-6-12
Use props
Mak H
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-12 01:40
Okay, looking forward to your test result. Please also note that if the control stick is strongly pushed, the aircraft flies at high speed, and the jelly effect occurs. In this case, please operate the control sticks gently.

That is a strong possibility, think i had it going quite fast. Had not heard of Jelly effect. Did a search and while the examples i saw looked more like jelly, it could possibly be this. Odd that it isnt more persistant and on some of my other shots in similar conditions. Will experiment tomorrow and see if i can force it to happen by flying fast. At least i'll know what to avoid and where the line is. Thankyou, hopefully it wont reappear if i know the cause.
2023-6-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mak H Posted at 6-12 02:48
That is a strong possibility, think i had it going quite fast. Had not heard of Jelly effect. Did a search and while the examples i saw looked more like jelly, it could possibly be this. Odd that it isnt more persistant and on some of my other shots in similar conditions. Will experiment tomorrow and see if i can force it to happen by flying fast. At least i'll know what to avoid and where the line is. Thankyou, hopefully it wont reappear if i know the cause.

Okay, looking forward to your update.
2023-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules