Missing Data - media not saved to SD Card or internal storage
4471 31 2023-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AnnieNesta
New
United Kingdom

Heya -

I've been shooting on my DJI Mini Pro 3 (images and video) and have just encountered a very strange issue with missing data.

I just took the drone up for a quick spin to take some family photos but when I went to put them onto my computer they weren't on the SD card nor had they somehow ended up on the drones internal storage. Footage from the previous day was on the SD card, and when I then switched it all back on and took a test photo with the same SD card, the test image showed up too.

I know that the SD card was properly insterted while shooting the missing media as it told me I had 360 images worth of space on the card and it made all the right noises when capturing images and recording video during the flight. I tested to see what would happen if the card maybe wasn't inserted properly and it just doesn't show up so I know this wasn't the issue.

I've been shooting on a Sandisk Extreme V30 32GB microSD ever since I got the drone 8 months ago and have not had any issues like this.

The only two things I can think that were unusual about this flight are: I didn't format the card before flying and I normally always do, hence it having footage on it from the day before. And after taking some photos as JPEGs I switched to RAW.

Any ideas? I'm sad to have lost the family pictures but really just want to avoid this occuring on in the future on actual shoots when it would really matter!

Thanks
2023-6-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, AnnieNesta. Thank you for reaching out. Please check the current naming of the saved files on the drone. If they are consecutive, it indicates that no files have been lost; if there are gaps, a loss may have occurred. We recommend to try replacing the SD card. Here are the Recommended microSD Cards for DJI Mini 3 Pro:

Hope this helps.
2023-6-13
Use props
fans2608c414
New
United States

I had the same thing happen to me today! I shot footage just a couple of hours before that too, and everything was there from that shoot. On this shoot, it showed that it was recording video and snapping photos on my shoot.  When I went to transfer footage later it was no where to be found, the entire flight nothing was saved. There was 250 GB left, also nothing on the internal recordings. This is obviously a bug that needs to be fixed as many people use this drone for professional use and it can really screw up someone's schedule when you have to go back and film something twice. Not to mention if you were filming something that was unmissable and unknowingly your footage is all being recorded and apparently deleted at the same time. Oh and to Joe smarty pants above, I am using a reccommended SD card. Nice try.
2023-7-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans2608c414 Posted at 7-20 06:33
I had the same thing happen to me today! I shot footage just a couple of hours before that too, and everything was there from that shoot. On this shoot, it showed that it was recording video and snapping photos on my shoot.  When I went to transfer footage later it was no where to be found, the entire flight nothing was saved. There was 250 GB left, also nothing on the internal recordings. This is obviously a bug that needs to be fixed as many people use this drone for professional use and it can really screw up someone's schedule when you have to go back and film something twice. Not to mention if you were filming something that was unmissable and unknowingly your footage is all being recorded and apparently deleted at the same time. Oh and to Joe smarty pants above, I am using a reccommended SD card. Nice try.

This is obviously a bug that needs to be fixed.
Are you sure about that?
How are you shooting video and stills?
Are you stopping the video to shoot stills?
Did you stop the video before powering the drone down?
2023-7-20
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

Thankfully, the posts on this and several other DJI forum threads prove that I am not going crazy! DJI has done something which made ny drone go crazy. SORT IT OUT PLEASE!!!!
DJI Mini3Pro
I am experiencing the same problems, with the SAME SD cards that I have always used!
These cards are listed in the mini3pro specs on your website at https://www.dji.com/au/mini-3-pro/specs
SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB V30 A2 microSDXC
SanDisk Extreme Pro 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
I shoot panoramas in RAW+JPEG (I only use the Raw files, but the drone shoots the jpegs in order to (badly) stitch a low resolution jpeg panorama.
Previously, the drone would store the DNG + JPEG files on the SD card, now I discover that only the badly stitched low resolution pano is saved there.
It is as if DJI have totally killed the DNG panorama feature.
Because I had some urgent jobs and DJI locally couldn't solve the problem, I bought a new Mini3Pro (drone only), set it up today and made a test.
SAME PROBLEM!WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THIS DRONE?
Here is an example of a 360° panorama shot in DNG frame format, converted to Tiff files, stitched in PTGUI Pro then converted to a virtual tour online.
Resolution is about 260 Mpx and I hope that you can't see any stitching errors!
https://www.hiddenmelbourne.com.au/camberwell-town-hall/
PLEASE SORT THIS OUT URGENTLY
Barney from Melbourne  Australia
2023-9-15
Use props
djiuser_fLi3DZOS2JpX
New

Canada

I thought I was the only one!!
Anyone found out any solutions??
2023-9-19
Use props
djiuser_fLi3DZOS2JpX
New

Canada

The clips in the morning are still there but the afternoon ones disappeared. I stopped recording before landing the drone. It’s all about the tracing shooting clips disappear. Same SD card taking tracing footages the same day. The morning footages are still in SD card, while the afternoon ones disappeared. It just doesn’t make any sense.
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_fLi3DZOS2JpX Posted at 9-19 13:13
The clips in the morning are still there but the afternoon ones disappeared. I stopped recording before landing the drone. It’s all about the tracing shooting clips disappear. Same SD card taking tracing footages the same day. The morning footages are still in SD card, while the afternoon ones disappeared. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Hello there. May I please know what SD card are you using when this issue occurred? Thank you
2023-9-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

deleted didn't quote the person
2023-9-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_fLi3DZOS2JpX Posted at 9-19 13:10
I thought I was the only one!!
Anyone found out any solutions??

It might be an idea to check the flight log for an affected flight. I don't know what happens when using some of these ' automated flight '  modes but when taking normal photos and video the flight log records the action of taking images, in the columns entitiled CAMERA.isPhoto and CAMERA.isVideo .

Airdata might also show thumbnails.
2023-9-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh Posted at 9-15 21:14
Thankfully, the posts on this and several other DJI forum threads prove that I am not going crazy! DJI has done something which made ny drone go crazy. SORT IT OUT PLEASE!!!!
DJI Mini3Pro
I am experiencing the same problems, with the SAME SD cards that I have always used!
It might be an idea to check the flight log for an affected flight. I  don't know what happens when using some of these ' automated flight  '  modes but when taking normal photos and video the flight log records  the action of taking images, in the columns entitiled CAMERA.isPhoto and  CAMERA.isVideo .

2023-9-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans2608c414 Posted at 7-20 06:33

It might be an idea to check the flight log for an affected flight. I  don't know what happens when using some of those ' automated flight  '  modes but when taking normal photos and video the flight log records  the action of taking images, in the columns entitiled CAMERA.isPhoto and  CAMERA.isVideo .

2023-9-20
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

I am going around in circles with my local DJI shop where I bought the drones. They sound like a broken record..."update to the latest firmware".
Well, I've done that and both drones have the problem, the old and the new.
I am using a recommended SD card on their list SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB V30 microSDXC.
I have 2 of these, they work fine in my camera and my larger drone.
The drone goes through the panorama sequence normally, shooting JPEG + DNG, but when I lok at the sd card only the low res jpeg pano stitched by the drone is on it.
When the drone was working properly, after landing I could view the DNG files on my RCN1 screen, now all that I can see is the low res jpeg pano and all the other frames jpeg and dng are gone.
The drone is doing it's sequence properly then wiping the files from the sd card.
2023-9-20
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 9-20 01:48
Hello there. May I please know what SD card are you using when this issue occurred? Thank you

Tony, thanks for your question. I have made several posts about this problem, gone to my DJI store to show them the problem. I am using Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB V30 A2 Micro SDX. I have two of these cards and also several others of larger capacity. They used to work faultlessly in the drone and work perfectly in my Sony A7R4 which pumps in 60Mpx RAW image frames at a much faster rate than the drone. It's not the cards, it's not a defective drone. I bought a second brand new drone from the store so that I could continue working but that has exactly the same problem. The problme lies in a firmware "upgrade", which has "downgraded" the drone.
2023-9-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh Posted at 9-20 22:13
Tony, thanks for your question. I have made several posts about this problem, gone to my DJI store to show them the problem. I am using Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB V30 A2 Micro SDX. I have two of these cards and also several others of larger capacity. They used to work faultlessly in the drone and work perfectly in my Sony A7R4 which pumps in 60Mpx RAW image frames at a much faster rate than the drone. It's not the cards, it's not a defective drone. I bought a second brand new drone from the store so that I could continue working but that has exactly the same problem. The problme lies in a firmware "upgrade", which has "downgraded" the drone.

Hi. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please send me the following information?
1. DJI Mini 2 firmware version;
2. The appearance photo of the microSD card (with a logo);
3. The process description before and after the photos/videos are lost (involving the details regarding the shooting, export, and check of the photos/videos lost);
4. DJI Mini 2 aircraft log files (flight records);
5. The actual shooting time of the photos and videos deemed to be missing (to locate the logs).
I will refer this issue to the related team. I appreciate your patience.
2023-9-29
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

Hi Tony
This issue is driving me crazy and the drones have been at the DJI store for weeks now and they can't resolve the issue.
These are the SD cards that I purchased from them to make the tests, so that nobody could say that I was using the wrong cards.

Samsung 256 Pro Plus U3 A2 V30
Samsung 256 EVO Plus U3 A2 V30
The firmware version was updated to V01.00.0600 and that is when the problems started.
The drone would no longer record the DNG or JPEG image frames from the panorama shoot mode.
It will go through the shoot correctly, stitch the jpeg images then delete all the image frames and only leave a badly-stitched low resolution panorama on the SD card.
Often, nothing will remain on the SD card, blank, Nada. Nothing.
Today I updated the drone firmware to V01.00.0700 which was released 2023-09-26.
This hasn't improved the situation and the problem is not solved and I now have two DJI Mini 3 Pros which are not working.
The logs are taking a time to download due to the large number of flights. HOW DO YOU WANT ME TO SEND THEM TO YOU?
I can share them with you on Google Drive, because this platform won't handle such a large amount of data.
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh Posted at 10-2 20:58
Hi Tony
This issue is driving me crazy and the drones have been at the DJI store for weeks now and they can't resolve the issue.
These are the SD cards that I purchased from them to make the tests, so that nobody could say that I was using the wrong cards.

Hi there. Thank you for the information. Yes, you can upload the flight records to Google Drive and then send me the link. Thank you very much.
2023-10-2
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 10-2 21:29
Hi there. Thank you for the information. Yes, you can upload the flight records to Google Drive and then send me the link. Thank you very much.

Hi Tony
The flight records are at this Google Drive link for you.
Flight records for Mini 3 Pro
I actually don't do much "flying" as I use the drone mainly for capturing panoramas of approx 250Mpx size for virtual tours about the history of Melbourne Australia.
Aerial view of Camberwell Town Hall and surroundings
PLEASE SORT OUT THIS PROBLEM, I have two Mini3Pro drones which I can't use to train new photographers and if they don't work I can't recommend them.
Kind regards, Barney
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh Posted at 10-2 22:11
Hi Tony

I understand the inconvenience. I will send the information to the related department to check on this. I appreciate your patience.
2023-10-2
Use props
EllinorWilliam
lvl.2

It is strange that your DJI  missing data issue only occurred after switching to RAW format, but it is possible that there is a correlation. RAW files are much larger than JPEG files, and it is possible that the SD card was not able to write the data to the card fast enough, resulting in data loss. It's also possible that there was a software glitch with your drone or SD card that caused some of your data to be lost. This is less likely, but it's still worth considering. So updating the firmware could help or if you only lost the RAW files, try shooting in JPEG only for a while to see if the problem persists.
2023-10-4
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

EllinorWilliam Posted at 10-4 00:53
It is strange that your DJI  missing data issue only occurred after switching to RAW format, but it is possible that there is a correlation. RAW files are much larger than JPEG files, and it is possible that the SD card was not able to write the data to the card fast enough, resulting in data loss. It's also possible that there was a software glitch with your drone or SD card that caused some of your data to be lost. This is less likely, but it's still worth considering. So updating the firmware could help or if you only lost the RAW files, try shooting in JPEG only for a while to see if the problem persists.

Hi Ellinor
My local DJI store asked this same question, so in order to eliminate that I use the top speed SD cards recommended and purchased from them...although my previous cards used to work perfectly.
I have always shot in RAW format (actually RAW+JPEG) and both formats were stored on the SD card.
Now, the only image on the SD card is the DJI badly stitched low resolution panorama, and often nothing.
I have two Mini3 Pro Drones, both used to work, now neither works.
I can shoot individual Jpeg or DNG frames, but 90% of the time, when I land from a panorama shoot, all the images are missing from the SD card, except for the low res badly stitched jpeg pano.
Go figure! The issue is driving me crazy , especially since the preview feature on the controller (press the button to see the images on the card), is no longer working. It only shows me the low res jpeg pano.
2023-10-5
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh Posted at 10-2 22:11
Hi Tony

Hi Tony
It has been a few days now since I posted my logs and the otger data that you requested.
What is happening with your analysis?
Two drones, one brand new, the other 1 year old. I have had both of them checked by my local DJI workshop. They find no physical problems or damage to the drones. The SD cards are brand new, supplied by the DJI store,,,so that problem is elminated.
The only issue is the DJI Firmware update, which must have broken the image storage.
Regds, Barney
2023-10-5
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

Hi Tony
The other, major problem is that the image previews on the controller screen aren't showing anymore.
All that shows is the low res badly-stitched jpeg panorama.
That means, I have no way of knowing whether the DNG frames are on the SD card or not.
Regds, Barney
2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh Posted at 10-5 16:18
Hi Tony
It has been a few days now since I posted my logs and the otger data that you requested.
What is happening with your analysis?

Hello, Barney I'm sorry for the late response. May we also have the serial number of your drone? Thank you very much.
2023-10-7
Use props
EllinorWilliam
lvl.2

djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh Posted at 10-5 16:10
Hi Ellinor
My local DJI store asked this same question, so in order to eliminate that I use the top speed SD cards recommended and purchased from them...although my previous cards used to work perfectly.
I have always shot in RAW format (actually RAW+JPEG) and both formats were stored on the SD card.

I believe that you should contact DJI support for a professional help.
2023-10-8
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 10-7 01:40
Hello, Barney I'm sorry for the late response. May we also have the serial number of your drone? Thank you very much.

Hi Tony
I have two drones Mini3Pro. Because I am starting a training group and recommend the DJI Mini3 Pro for my students so that I can teach them how to capture and create panoramas of high quality and resolution from the DNG files captured by the Mini3Pro, I had to go out and buy a second Mini3Pro while the first one was returned to DJI delater for analysis.
Drone 1 S/N
1581F
4XFC2
25S00   or possibly OO
65S3H

Drone 2 S/N (the new drone that I bought)
1581F
4XFC2
36L00
74PAJ

Please sort this out, it is now very urgent!
2023-10-14
Use props
fvp1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190971 ft
Philippines

I had this same issue very recently. I've been shooting daily videos and pictures of a constructions site the whole time believing that everything was being saved in the SD card.  To my surprise, when I was copying the SD card contents to my laptop, I noticed that there were no pictures and no videos saved for the past 6 days and every picture that I take was not reflecting in the SD card even though it seemed everything was perfectly normal with the drone.

Upon closer inspection, however, I noticed that, in the directory view, the new pics were listed together with the old pics. Apparently, the numbering of the filenames were reset which made the new pictures become named like old files. If I sort by file date, the new files would be easier to see. I'm not sure whether old files are being overwritten or whether the new files are being named to a non-existent filename. I haven't really investigated because it didn't matter to me as I have already backed up the old files. I'm just glad I found the new files.

I don't recall setting anything that would specifically cause this. However, based on the file dates of the files that were "missing", it seems that it was caused by an update that I did around that time. I'm not exactly sure though. I hope it doesn't happen again.
2023-10-16
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

fvp1 Posted at 10-16 06:40
I had this same issue very recently. I've been shooting daily videos and pictures of a constructions site the whole time believing that everything was being saved in the SD card.  To my surprise, when I was copying the SD card contents to my laptop, I noticed that there were no pictures and no videos saved for the past 6 days and every picture that I take was not reflecting in the SD card even though it seemed everything was perfectly normal with the drone.

Upon closer inspection, however, I noticed that, in the directory view, the new pics were listed together with the old pics. Apparently, the numbering of the filenames were reset which made the new pictures become named like old files. If I sort by file date, the new files would be easier to see. I'm not sure whether old files are being overwritten or whether the new files are being named to a non-existent filename. I haven't really investigated because it didn't matter to me as I have already backed up the old files. I'm just glad I found the new files.

Sorry, but this problem is with us now and it is out of our control. DJI have broken the panorama faunmctionality with a firmware "upgrade". It should be called a "downgrade".

his issue is an ongoing problem for me. I capture spherical panoramas in DNG format to process into TIFF, then stitch into areial panoramas of ~ 248 Mpx, like this example: Camberwell Town Hall Sunset
Camberwell Tonw Hall Sunset
The DNG files do not show in the image previews after landing. The only thing that shows is the DJI badly stitched, low resolution panorama.
I can do a test panorama shoot in my office space, leave the SD Card in the drone, connect the drone USB to my PC and verify that the DNGs are on the card.
Then I can go out on a job and shoot a panorama with the same drone and SD card (still in the drone), do the shoot, and come back to my office and find that there are no DNGs on the card.
The card has not been reformatted or taken out of the drone.
This is a total disaster for commercial shoots and looks very unprofessional. If I go back and reshoot, there is still no guaranteee that the images will be on the SD card.
YES, I wait for the timer indicator below the shuutter button to count down to zero to indicate that the downlaod to the card is complete.
YES, I use a professional SD Card of the type and speed rating recommended by DJI.
This drone has become a total joke since you "updated" the firmware.
In case this was a drone fault, I bought a brand new 2nd drone...it has exactly the same problems.
I have been reporting this issue for months but DJI is in denial. I took both drones to my DJI workshop and left thenm there for a month.
They can't fix the problem and both drones are useless.
I want my money back so that i can go and buy a professional drone.
2023-10-18
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

DJI are completely non-responsive on this issue despite several posts
My Mini3 Pro firmware has been updated from V01.00.0600 to V01.00.0700 but this doesn't fix my problem of "lost" DNG image files after shooting a panorama.

I borrowed a drone from a friend who IS successfully shooting panoramas.
His drone is on Firmware V01.00.0450 2022-12-22

His drone stores the DNG file in a folder labelled DCIM, my drone only saves the final badly stitched low resolution panorama and throws away all the other DNG image frames of the panorama.
YES! I have specified that the panorama must be captured in Jpeg+Raw. I have shot many panoramas with this drone.
STOP DENYING THE PROBLEM DJI AND GIVE US THE ABILITY TO FACTORY RESET THE FIRMWARE TO A WORKING STATE
Regds, Barney
2023-10-22
Use props
alexkkatsikas
New

Australia

Exactly the same happened to me today 10/12/2023 there a flight logs of both areas I put the drone up and took multiple photos and videos. I have the DJI Mini 3 Pro and used it with a SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC. at some point it said storage full even though I had just deleted everything off of it, but still let me take photos and videos of the area. I need all that footage! and its missing! why? what's going on?
2023-12-10
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

alexkkatsikas@gmail.com Posted at 12-10 05:20
Exactly the same happened to me today 10/12/2023 there a flight logs of both areas I put the drone up and took multiple photos and videos. I have the DJI Mini 3 Pro and used it with a SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC. at some point it said storage full even though I had just deleted everything off of it, but still let me take photos and videos of the area. I need all that footage! and its missing! why? what's going on?

Have you tried taking the SD card out, putting it in your computer and running a scan/repair on it to see if there are any errors?
I've had the occasional one mess up when I forgot to shut off recording and just shut off the drone.
Reformatting has also worked for me.
2023-12-10
Use props
djiuser_tmzijAfNrz9I
New

New Zealand

Hey there somthing similar happend with me to.
I did som filming, when to transfer the footage over.
For there to be one photo that I took and 4 srt files with no videos to come with it
Dissapointed because had some good shots on there.
1-1 23:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules