Heavier setup dji base plate screw for focus motor is slipping
956 2 2023-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ianf
lvl.1

United States

This seems so elementary but, I'm stuck. Any suggestions are welcomed.
lumix gh6 + small rig cage + metabones XL + Sigma 24-70 + dji focus motor -  is my setup on the rs3 pro

The rs3 pro base plate provided with purchase must be used due to the focus motor screwing in from the side (no problem)

First I balance the tilt axis. Good to go. Lock the tilt axis.

Then when I go to balance the roll axis, after unlocking, the entire setup slips, causing the camera to move physically.

I then loosen the lens support and move the camera back to what seems like the original starting point. Secure the lens support again and

now I'm out of balance on the tilt axis and have to start over, and over, and over, and over.

No joke, I would completely miss what I'm hired to film messing with this rs3 pro that touts heavier payloads. I love dji!

Never had an issue with any of your products....but this rs3pro has me perturbed, to say the least.

2023-6-15
Use props
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24754 ft
Australia

My first attempt at balancing my FX6 on my RS3Pro was after a few beers. Nearly ended up with the whole assembly in bits as it shook itself across the table.

I'd suggest balance just the camera and cage as a rig first. First balance point - lens to the ceiling, then level then roll.
If that works then add in the focus motor. I found it was much harder to balance with a focus motor doing the zoom as the balance point changes with zooming as well as adding more weight than you think to the front.
2023-6-15
Use props
ianf
lvl.1

United States

Haha!!

You must be a gimbal whisperer, my dude! Thanks so much!!

I can resume my filming life
2023-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules