Broke remote after Firmware update
1336 8 2023-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
babybang
lvl.1

Belgium

Hi,
My DJI RC-N1 for my  DJi Mavic Air 2 just completely died after i updated the firmware.

the Remote turned in to a brick, doesn't charge or turn on.
What can DJi do sins it's clearly the firmware update that caused this, been reading that i'm sadly not the only person this happened to (google youtube etc).

2023-6-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Before you throw in the towel, have you tried to see if Assistant 2 from PC or Mac can address the RC-N1?

If not, download Assistant 2 for Consumer Series, then plug a usb-c cable from the computer into the bottom USB port of the RC-N1. If you can see the device, you may be able to do a refresh or upgrade and reload the firmware.
2023-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. Could you please test it with another cable/charger to see if the LED will turn on when charging? If not, you can submit a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-6-16
Use props
babybang
lvl.1

Belgium

TonyPHX Posted at 6-15 21:18
Before you throw in the towel, have you tried to see if Assistant 2 from PC or Mac can address the RC-N1?

If not, download Assistant 2 for Consumer Series, then plug a usb-c cable from the computer into the bottom USB port of the RC-N1. If you can see the device, you may be able to do a refresh or upgrade and reload the firmware.

thanks for your reply! i tried everything you mentioned to no avail.  
2023-6-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

babybang Posted at 6-17 23:17
thanks for your reply! i tried everything you mentioned to no avail.

Oh man, well, it sounds like it is time for a trip to the service department.  Good luck and hope you are back in the air soon!!
2023-6-18
Use props
djiuser_0UoQmwTg7wxt
New
Philippines

same happened today, how in the hell they are not getting sued for killing off RCs which cost hundreds of dollars
2023-12-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

A

djiuser_0UoQmwTg7wxt Posted at 12-17 01:34
same happened today, how in the hell they are not getting sued for killing off RCs which cost hundreds of dollars

Hello there. If I may ask, have you already tried charging the remote and does it light up? And can you please confirm if it is completely powerless and not just a black screen? If you can turn it on but show a black screen, please press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to force power off the remote. If the issue persists please try refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2. Thank you.
2023-12-17
Use props
Alessia and Lee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52 ft
Hong Kong

Same here, updated the flight path and it fried my RC. Out of warranty but it's DJI's fault.
1-15 07:03
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Alessia and Lee Posted at 1-15 07:03
Same here, updated the flight path and it fried my RC. Out of warranty but it's DJI's fault.

Hi. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I replied to you in the other post. Here's the link Please check. Thank you.
1-15 14:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules