916 21 2023-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went on the DJI website to search for support for getting a replacement cover for the USB port on my Mavic 2 Pro. I filled out what I thought was a message to support asking them to send me a new cover which I would install. This morning I find a return label from DJI to send back the whole drone. This is not necessary or possible as I have a job coming up in the next week. Is there somebody who can tell me where I can get a replacement USB port cover for this drone?
Mavic2USBcover.jpg
2023-6-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ebay is probably your best bet but, at a guess, new they will be expensive .... for what they are. Second hand you'd need to ensure the tether's plug is complete etc.. In the mean time sellotape etc?
2023-6-16
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-16 06:20
Ebay is probably your beast bet but, at a guess, new they will be expensive .... for what they are. Second hand you'd need to ensure the tether's plug is complete etc.. In the mean time sellotape etc?

eBay? Searched "mavic 2 pro usb port cover," and came up with dozens of accessories. Nothing close. Cover with tape, why didn't I think of that.
2023-6-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Look at Aliexpress.
2023-6-16
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AliExpress a no go. Did a search and found 2 possibles. Waiting to hear back from DroneFly to see if they have one. If not, will order from China though it will take weeks to arrive.
Thanks to all for suggestions
2023-6-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at
[url=https://www.ebay.com/itm/166144407133?hash=item26aefa765d:gUwAAOSw81tkeiMP&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4Jwni%2Fbx3TZJ5i1EkAlll0NUaPwiM%2BQrcRrN2JWglKGJ7WDWWxI%2BUFGIcSaJOcVEZ2sqZVd2dEwnMjT2cEN8tal7C1TK6vvefdZ13iTbRq66vrVtR2LdNv%2ByqAvvFJ4gTR7oOlACm4E2364SQhjKojsXzZlc%2BjbNgeHGlASCHQd0xb6pikZRlTUiPZ1IrvGA3DByNOpkpApAjO3uws1mLYfiuBaM8uyXzdcXviyp59GGNNkKcZ4DgxpRPBHWEoU130oMs9qTES0f3LC3kNmBDpCNPu%2B8PMKAZcAiatvWSt7o%7Ctkp%3ABFBM4p6Z05hi]https://www.ebay.com/itm/1661444 ... Ctkp%3ABFBM4p6Z05hi[/url]
2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. Sorry to tell you that we do not sell the part you mentioned separately. Therefore, we recommend you send it back for further assistance.
2023-6-16
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-16 09:16
Have a look at
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1661444 ... Ctkp%3ABFBM4p6Z05hi

By any chance did you notice, "Shipping: May not ship to United States." Clicking on Details makes it clear shipping is only to Europe unless you want to jump through hoops to contact sellerand likely pay highly for shipping.
2023-6-17
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-16 23:03
Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. Sorry to tell you that we do not sell the part you mentioned separately. Therefore, we recommend you send it back for further assistance.

How sensible and costly is this solution for an easily installed $0.05 piece of plastic?
2023-6-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marty Markoe Posted at 6-17 03:00
By any chance did you notice, "Shipping: May not ship to United States." Clicking on Details makes it clear shipping is only to Europe unless you want to jump through hoops to contact sellerand likely pay highly for shipping.

No I didn't but being in the UK that doesn't show up for me. Though it does say "International shipment of items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges."
2023-6-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As a temporary fix, mould a bit of blue-tack to shape?
2023-6-17
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-17 06:17

Have been flying for several weeks without a USB port cover. There have been no problems. Just got around to finding the cover, thanks to many suggestions in this discussion. Ordered yesterday from China for $9.99 including shipping. Got tracking # this AM.
2023-6-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marty Markoe Posted at 6-17 06:39
Have been flying for several weeks without a USB port cover. There have been no problems. Just got around to finding the cover, thanks to many suggestions in this discussion. Ordered yesterday from China for $9.99 including shipping. Got tracking # this AM.

Glad the best solution was resolved
2023-6-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-17 06:17

I see that the OP  has been ordered but I think bluetack might be a dodgy idea, I'd be concerned about bits breaking off and screwing up the contacts.
2023-6-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-17 08:04
I see that the OP  has been ordered but I think bluetack might be a dodgy idea, I'd be concerned about bits breaking off and screwing up the contacts.

When warm, Bluetack peels off surfaces easily. Only when its cold does it risk fracturing or crumbing. I was thinking more of a thin layer rather than stuffing the entire orifice.   I'd maybe warm it with a hairdryer before peeling it off.  Happily, the OP has found the ideal solution - a replacement part direct from DJI.
2023-6-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

These work great.  : )
https://www.dronevalley.com/stor ... ng_Port_Covers.html

And these:
https://www.amazon.com/Compatibl ... ps%2C162&sr=8-5
2023-6-17
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 6-17 17:22

The links you reference show items that plug the USB C input. They don’t cover the open space. This may or may not be critical but thinking from an aerodynamic perspective it's best to cover the whole opening.
2023-6-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Marty Markoe Posted at 6-18 04:30
The links you reference show items that plug the USB C input. They don’t cover the open space. This may or may not be critical but thinking from an aerodynamic perspective it's best to cover the whole opening.

I think you have radically overestimated the value of the perceived aerodynamic deficiency.  : )  But whatever you feel most comfortable with.  
2023-6-18
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 6-18 06:24
I think you have radically overestimated the value of the perceived aerodynamic deficiency.  : )  But whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Radically aesthetic as well.
2023-6-18
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 6-17 17:22

So funny, I use these on my Skydio 2+ and used the spare for my M2P as well. Works great! My M2P also has a loose cover over the SD slot. Been using the same little piece of blue painters tape for years.
2023-6-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 6-19 02:01
So funny, I use these on my Skydio 2+ and used the spare for my M2P as well. Works great! My M2P also has a loose cover over the SD slot. Been using the same little piece of blue painters tape for years.

: ). Yep, simple, effective, and more convenient than the dji cover that is always a PITA to remove.
2023-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Marty Markoe Posted at 6-17 03:04
How sensible and costly is this solution for an easily installed $0.05 piece of plastic?

Hope you understand that it may be not able to send this part for the user to install on his own since it's partially connected to the drone. If you still want to deal with it, we recommend you send it back for further assistance. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules