Can't activate head tracking
2766 14 2023-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salter10
lvl.1

Canada

Hello folks. Trying to turn on head tracking for the Avata in my Goggles 2, the icon at the top menu is "greyed out". In other words, it's not active/clickable. Any advice? Thanks in advance. Salter.  
2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please connect your DJI Goggles 2 via DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware to see if the issue persists? You may download the software using the link below. If the issue persists, please take a picture or screenshot showing the shortcut menu on the goggles so we can check it. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-6-16
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Which controller are you using? The head tracking is only compatible with the Motion Controller/Motion Controller 2.
2023-6-17
Use props
Salter10
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks @dnddad324. I'm using a Motion Controller 2.
2023-6-17
Use props
Salter10
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-16 19:10
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please connect your DJI Goggles 2 via DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware to see if the issue persists? You may download the software using the link below. If the issue persists, please take a picture or screenshot showing the shortcut menu on the goggles so we can check it. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
2023-6-17
Use props
Salter10
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-16 19:10
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please connect your DJI Goggles 2 via DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware to see if the issue persists? You may download the software using the link below. If the issue persists, please take a picture or screenshot showing the shortcut menu on the goggles so we can check it. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

I updated both controller and Goggles 2 with the latest firmware. The problem persists. Any ideas about additional solutions? Thanks!
2023-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Salter10 Posted at 6-18 18:51
I updated both controller and Goggles 2 with the latest firmware. The problem persists. Any ideas about additional solutions? Thanks!

Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you please post a screenshot showing the issue so we can check it further? After connecting your DJI RC Motion 2, does the "greyed" out issue still persists? Lastly, please confirm what firmware version are you using with your motion controller and goggles. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2023-6-19
Use props
Salter10
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-19 02:14
Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you please post a screenshot showing the issue so we can check it further? After connecting your DJI RC Motion 2, does the "greyed" out issue still persists? Lastly, please confirm what firmware version are you using with your motion controller and goggles. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you for the reply. To your question: yes, it's still greyed out/not clickable after connecting Motion 2. I'm trying it when everything is just about ready for a flight (controller, goggles and drone connected and ready).
What's the best way to take a screen shot of the image in Goggles 2?

1. Goggle 2 FW: V01.06.0000
2. Controller 2 FW: V02.00.0700

Edit: I'm afraid I screwed up. I'm flying with the remote controller 2, not the motion controller. And obviously it's not supposed to work with this type of controller. Which is a bummer, but that's another topic. Sorry for the confusion and thank you everyone for your helpful feedback.
2023-6-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Salter10 Posted at 6-19 05:52
Thank you for the reply. To your question: yes, it's still greyed out/not clickable after connecting Motion 2. I'm trying it when everything is just about ready for a flight (controller, goggles and drone connected and ready).
What's the best way to take a screen shot of the image in Goggles 2?

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, the Head Tracking feature is not supported when using the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-6-21
Use props
djiuser_gllSiBVBsQnr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6634721 ft
United States

Since we can use the rc and rc pro as well with the goggles 2, will we ever get head tracking support? I don't like the motion controller 2 for precise movements and control. I prefer the rc pro.
2023-8-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_gllSiBVBsQnr Posted at 8-1 03:44
Since we can use the rc and rc pro as well with the goggles 2, will we ever get head tracking support? I don't like the motion controller 2 for precise movements and control. I prefer the rc pro.

Hello, there. Head Tracking is supported when DJI Mavic 3 Consumer Series is used with DJI Goggles 2 or DJI Goggles Integra.
2023-8-1
Use props
djiuser_gllSiBVBsQnr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6634721 ft
United States

Yes, but you have to use the motion 2 controller. I want precise movements and control of my RC Pro. It would be nice to have head tracking with the goggles 2 and the RC Pro, N1, RC, etc.
2023-8-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_gllSiBVBsQnr Posted at 8-1 07:15
Yes, but you have to use the motion 2 controller. I want precise movements and control of my RC Pro. It would be nice to have head tracking with the goggles 2 and the RC Pro, N1, RC, etc.

you can get precise movements and control using the motion 2 controller, what are you talking about?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=294983
2023-8-1
Use props
FreeSoul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 842152 ft
Germany

The Saint Posted at 2023-8-1 11:47
you can get precise movements and control using the motion 2 controller, what are you talking about?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=294983

You think the Jiggle in the Walkway is precise Movement?
2-12 17:12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_gllSiBVBsQnr Posted at 2023-8-1 07:15

Hi, there. Thank you for sharing your suggestion with us. Please know that this request has been forwarded to our relevant team and your input will be heard as well. Kindly pay attention to our official website for future updates.
2-14 01:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules