App Froze (didn't crash) on Android
881 1 2015-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImmortalCulture
lvl.2

Canada

So I was doing photos, and been running the drone a fair bit that day (6th or 7th battery) while traveling around the country side. Everything had been find until the app froze. This has never happened to me before; I've had the app crash (shutdown) and restart itself.  I wait 4 min for it to reset before resetting it myself. When it came back on, it said aircraft connected, new homepoint set check the map (this was rather concerning as the drone was rather far away) but the camera view in the app said disconnected and upon a second try the same result. Needless to say I was very lucky to get the bird back.

Just wondering if anyone else has had it freeze like this....?  Galaxy S4 with 4.4
2015-8-27
Use props
LarryBanks
lvl.1

Canada

I've had the app crash in flight several times (DJI Pilot and now DJI GO), usually it all reconnects without issue. However the other day, I had a special kind of crash:

The app crashed mid-flight, and when it re-launched it refused to reconnect. I pressed the RTH button and the drone (thankfully) came back without an issue... From that point onward, the app would never reconnect to the drone under any circumstance... Turn the drone on, turn the remote on, no connection even though they're right next to each other.  The app would freeze or crash, etc...  Sometimes, even when the app isn't running, I hear the phone say something about 'welcome to your aircraft' or whatever it says...

I managed to get the connectivity restored by uninstalling the app, deleting the DJI folder in the filesystem (I use a Nexus 6), and then re-installing it... But since then, I've been having weird problems with the live video and the files written to the memory card...

2015-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules