M3 Enterprise props vs M3 props
1567 23 2023-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

What's the difference in the Mavic 3 propellers and the Enterprise propellers? Even though they have the same designation numbers stamped on them, CLEARLY they have a different shape/airfoil.

Anyone know what the effect of this is? Are the Enterprise props capable of more lift? The 3T weighs 25 grams more than a regular Mavic 3 and can lift another 100 grams over that (spotlight, RTK, speaker).

I crashed my 3T the other night into some trees and all 4 of the propellers got trashed. Somehow the drone got "spit" out of the tree and then landed on its own... and 1 of the prop mounts broke off in the motor, so I think it landed with just 3 motors. Crazy! I'm super impressed by the build quality of the Mavic 3 series. The thing's a freakin tank! Cleaned it all up & not a scratch on the entire drone or the cameras (cleaned it for 2 hours with jewelers magnifiers).
2023-6-18
Use props
greystoke.eng
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

Two tests I did, comparing the props types, Mavic 3 Pro, vs the 3 Enterprise pro. Essentaially, the RPM runs the same, and they both have identical noise (Db) levels. That was all I could test on a quick and dirty testing. I think they are essentially the same with tip differences.
2023-6-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

FYI, the numbers molded into the props are pitch and diameter.
2023-6-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, DRONE-flies-YOU!. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic 3 propellers (9453) are soft propellers with soft plastic tips that can avoid injury and meet legal requirements in some regions while DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series propellers (9453F) are hard propellers. These kinds of propellers are designed to meet high-intensity operation requirements.

The DJI Mavic 3 Consumer Series propellers and DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series propellers are interchangeable. Still, we recommend against doing so because the operating scenarios of these two kinds of propellers are different. We recommend that you use DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series and DJI Mavic 3 Consumer Series with the corresponding propellers respectively.

2023-6-18
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-18 19:21
Hi, DRONE-flies-YOU!. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic 3 propellers (9453) are soft propellers with soft plastic tips that can avoid injury and meet legal requirements in some regions while DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series propellers (9453F) are hard propellers. These kinds of propellers are designed to meet high-intensity operation requirements.

The DJI Mavic 3 Consumer Series propellers and DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series propellers are interchangeable. Still, we recommend against doing so because the operating scenarios of these two kinds of propellers are different. We recommend that you use DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series and DJI Mavic 3 Consumer Series with the corresponding propellers respectively.

Excellent information… thanks!
2023-6-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 6-18 21:55
Excellent information… thanks!

You're most welcome, DRONE-flies-YOU!. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2023-6-22
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-18 19:21

When will said high-intensity operations be made available for the M3E? So far the only trick mine can do is fly a straight line while snapping pictures. Granted, it does this trick very well. It's nothing I would consider as a "high-intensity operation". Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-22 19:32
When will said high-intensity operations be made available for the M3E? So far the only trick mine can do is fly a straight line while snapping pictures. Granted, it does this trick very well. It's nothing I would consider as a "high-intensity operation". Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi, Johnnokomis. Both 9453 and 9453F propellers are designed to meet high-intensity operation requirements. Are you having issues with your M3E propellers? If yes, please clarfiy the issue. Thank you.
2023-6-26
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-26 07:48
Hi, Johnnokomis. Both 9453 and 9453F propellers are designed to meet high-intensity operation requirements. Are you having issues with your M3E propellers? If yes, please clarfiy the issue. Thank you.

Hi, Gamora. Thank you for your concern in the matter. My M3E props appear to be working as expected. The issue seems to be originating from the hardware that the props are attached to. Could the lack of countless features and camera settings on the M3E be related to the props attached to the drone? I have never tried it but is there a chance things like active track, adjustable frame rates and white balance control could be unlocked with consumer Mavic 3 props? It might sound silly but not any worse than a company releasing a commercial grade product with less usability than their entry level product line. I look forward to hearing your insider knowledge on the matter.
2023-6-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-26 09:17
Hi, Gamora. Thank you for your concern in the matter. My M3E props appear to be working as expected. The issue seems to be originating from the hardware that the props are attached to. Could the lack of countless features and camera settings on the M3E be related to the props attached to the drone? I have never tried it but is there a chance things like active track, adjustable frame rates and white balance control could be unlocked with consumer Mavic 3 props? It might sound silly but not any worse than a company releasing a commercial grade product with less usability than their entry level product line. I look forward to hearing your insider knowledge on the matter.

2023-6-26
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-26 09:17

I really don't see the problem here. I simply carry the entire Mavic lineup and the M30T with me AT ALL TIMES.

I've got the Mavic 3 for all my smart tasks, the Mavic 3 Classic for the cruise control feature, the Mavic 3 Pro for the outstanding cinematic capabilities, the Mavic 3 Enterprise just in case I am suddenly compelled to map an area, the Mavic 3 Thermal for portable thermal capability, and finally the Matrice 30T for flying search and rescue in any weather. It's simply, really... just spend around $35,000 and have a Uhaul trailer with a generator with you at all times. Easy!
2023-6-26
Use props
Trevor Pleco
New

South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-6-18 19:21

So are these props just for the DJI Mavic 3 Pro model or all Mavic 3 models ?  I note when I purchased the Mavic 3 Pro Cine combo , it came with the DJI 9453 F CW props ..  Are all props for the Mavic 3 Pro version then low noise ?
2-6 00:53
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Trevor Pleco Posted at 2-6 00:53
So are these props just for the DJI Mavic 3 Pro model or all Mavic 3 models ?  I note when I purchased the Mavic 3 Pro Cine combo , it came with the DJI 9453 F CW props ..  Are all props for the Mavic 3 Pro version then low noise ?

If you can get the Enterprise props, on my Classic, I get around 5 minutes more flight time. All else remains the same, sound, flight characteistics.
2-6 07:03
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-6 07:03
If you can get the Enterprise props, on my Classic, I get around 5 minutes more flight time. All else remains the same, sound, flight characteistics.

Which ones are you referring to?

DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series Propellers

or

DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series Low-Noise Propellers

I have both and there is absolutely a difference in sound.  I haven't noticed a difference in any other area though.
2-7 08:59
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Trevor Pleco Posted at 2-6 00:53

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out regarding this matter. Please know that these propellers are low-noise and can be used with the Mavic 3 series (Consumer drones). I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
2-7 23:36
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-6 07:03
If you can get the Enterprise props, on my Classic, I get around 5 minutes more flight time. All else remains the same, sound, flight characteistics.

Was it not you who pointed out to me that we cannot estimate the coherence of flight times between two different flights for various reasons... ?

And now you announce 5 minutes more, just that, just by changing the propellers.

I want to believe you but hey, I have the impression that your opinion is like the autonomy of your drone, it changes depending on the wind.
2-8 00:01
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-8 00:01
Was it not you who pointed out to me that we cannot estimate the coherence of flight times between two different flights for various reasons... ?

And now you announce 5 minutes more, just that, just by changing the propellers.

Yes, from testing in identical situations. 150' altitude, straight up doing sunset timelapse with no wind. The E props get from 3 - 5 minutes flight time. Consisrently! Not a one-time event.
2-8 06:35
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

I fly pretty much identical routes with my drones doing my research project. I run a M3T to do the structure study, a 3E that did the mapping and a 3 Cine when I just need pics. The flights are quite far, but within LOS rules. I have to launch from an area where I have permission to takeoff and land and fly onto the Navajo Reservation, where I can be in the air over, but not take off and land on. I have been running this project in the Canyon Diablo region for around 6 months now. I try and only run the enterprise drones when I have to due to the risk of loss, steep canyon and all. I have both kinds of props and a set of Master Airscrew orange set given to me. I cannot tell any difference in flight time between any of them. The only thing that showed up as much faster battery burn was when I used the M3Pro. It was a battery hog. Why I sold it off and stick with the Cine. It gets way better battery time, and for me I can run a photo observational run of the study area in one flight vice two with the Pro. If I could get 5 minutes more with just changing the props I would have dumped all the consumer props. I have two extra sets of Enterprise props, so it is not a not having them thing.

Now just for contemplation. If DJI had developed a superior airfoil for the Enterprise props, why didn't they supply them with the M3Pro to counteract the weight/battery consumption issue (I am not the only person who has this issue with the M3Pro). That would not have cost them an extra penny, just what they stuff in the box.
2-8 13:54
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-6-18 19:21

I didn't know that. Thank you. Are the batteries the same?
3-24 18:23
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-24 18:23

Batteries are the same but they have 2 different firmwares installed. Swap a battery from a M3Pro to an M3E or vice versa and you'll see a battery firmware update notification. The only difference that I know of is the 4 little LEDs can be disabled in discrete mode on the Enterprise line.
3-24 20:40
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-24 20:40
Batteries are the same but they have 2 different firmwares installed. Swap a battery from a M3Pro to an M3E or vice versa and you'll see a battery firmware update notification. The only difference that I know of is the 4 little LEDs can be disabled in discrete mode on the Enterprise line.

Thank you. I purchased some Pro batteries in a fly more kit to use for the enterprise. The price was lower than the enterprise kit. Just wanted to make sure that I could use them.
3-25 02:40
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-24 18:23

Hi, BetterBizTech. Yes, as Johnnokomis mentioned above, DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series batteries and DJI Mavic 3 Consumer drone batteries are the same other than differences in firmware.

The firmware of DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series batteries have been optimized based on the enterprise operation scenarios. When the battery is fully charged, the voltage will decrease gradually as the battery cycle count increases to extend the battery service life.

When the Consumer drone batteries are inserted into the Enterprise drone, a prompt will automatically appear in the DJI Pilot 2 app stating that “Firmware version inconsistent with other devices versions”. Then the battery firmware will be refreshed to the Enterprise version. Please follow the app prompt to complete the firmware update.

Similarly, when the Enterprise drone batteries are inserted into the Consumer drone, a prompt will automatically appear in the DJI Fly app stating that “Firmware version inconsistent with other devices versions”. Then the battery firmware will be refreshed to the Consumer version. Please follow the app prompt to complete the firmware update. Hope this helps.
3-26 06:53
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you. It seemed to upgrade and works great.
3-26 18:39
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-26 18:39
Thank you. It seemed to upgrade and works great.

You're most welcome, BetterBizTech. Have a safe flight always!
3-26 20:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules