600 6 2023-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hesveymartin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192825 ft
Philippines

Hey DJI community,
As a fellow beginner drone pilot, I wanted to share some of the lessons and insights I've gained throughout my journey. While I may still be new to the world of drones, I believe that sharing experiences can be valuable for others starting on this exciting adventure.
  • Embrace Patience and Persistence: When I first started flying, I was eager to perform complex maneuvers right away. However, I quickly realized the importance of taking it one step at a time. Mastering the basics and gradually progressing has been key to building my confidence and skill set.
  • Learn from Mistakes: Mistakes are bound to happen, and they can be great learning opportunities. Whether it's a minor crash or flying without memory card, or forgetting to charge your batteries ahead. I've come to appreciate these moments as chances to grow. Analyzing what went wrong and understanding how to avoid similar situations in the future has been invaluable.
  • Start Small, Dream Big: Don't be intimidated by the vast possibilities of drone flight. Begin with simple flights in open areas to get comfortable with the controls. As you gain confidence, challenge yourself with new flight paths, maneuvers, and aerial photography/videography techniques. The sky is the limit!
  • Explore Different Environments: Don't limit yourself to one flying location. Venturing into various environments has allowed me to experience diverse flight conditions and adapt my piloting skills accordingly. From open fields to urban settings, each environment presents unique challenges and rewards.
  • Connect with the Community: Engaging with other drone pilots has been immensely helpful in my journey. Joining forums such this one, social media groups, or local drone clubs has allowed me to learn from experienced pilots, get tips, and even find flying buddies. The sense of camaraderie and shared passion is truly inspiring.
  • Document Your Progress: Keeping a flight log or journal has been an enjoyable way to track my progress and reflect on my flights. Jot down flight details, experiences, and any insights gained. It's a personal record that allows us to see how far we've come and encourages us to push further.
  • Share the Beauty: One of the most rewarding aspects of drone flying is capturing breathtaking aerial photos and videos. I've discovered the joy of sharing these visuals with friends, family, and online communities. It's a fantastic way to inspire others and showcase the unique perspectives drones offer.

Remember, we all start as beginners, and our experiences can contribute to the growth of the drone community. Don't hesitate to share your stories, ask questions, and seek advice. Let's support and encourage each other as we embark on this thrilling journey of becoming skilled drone pilots.
FLYSAFE everyone and happy droning!  

2023-6-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good points!
2023-6-23
Use props
hesveymartin
lvl.2
Philippines

Thanks Capt Montfrooij!!!
2023-6-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hesveymartin Posted at 6-23 22:09
Thanks Capt Montfrooij!!!

You're welcome!
2023-6-24
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Well-thought-out list. Will be good to reference this if/when I get a drone of my own. Also, many things on this list, such as learning from mistakes and having patience in learning one-step-at-a-time also apply to handheld camera filming. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and may you have many great flights
2023-6-24
Use props
hesveymartin
lvl.2
Philippines

HGDC84 Posted at 6-24 14:59
Well-thought-out list. Will be good to reference this if/when I get a drone of my own. Also, many things on this list, such as learning from mistakes and having patience in learning one-step-at-a-time also apply to handheld camera filming. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and may you have many great flights

Thanks my friend! Good on having your first drone! looking forward to see you great footages..flysafe and stay safe my friend!
2023-6-25
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

hesveymartin Posted at 6-25 02:16
Thanks my friend! Good on having your first drone! looking forward to see you great footages..flysafe and stay safe my friend!

Thanks, don't have a drone at least yet, but I am considering about getting a Tello if I manage to get enough money and/or DJI Credit through the forum points. For now, my DJI equipment to go are the handheld Pocket 2 and the DJI Mic :-)
2023-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules