Front position lights goes off
925 13 2023-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TubeHead
lvl.1

Germany

Hello forum community,

I don't use the P4P that often as I live in a military security area. That's why I usually only get around to doing a lap every few weeks.

Today I had time again, but I didn't get to fly at all.
At first there was a complaint about an allegedly defective SD card (Emtec Class 10, 32GB), which was no longer accepted even after checking and full formatting on the PC and also in the drone itself; The card is definitely OK without any defect and was also used before... Well, it doesn't matter... There is now a 23GB from another manufacturer in it.
To test whether everything works, I flew a round in the garden. I noticed that after a short time the position lights in the front, which were constantly lit, went out; the rear flashing lights continued to operate. After checking all possible settings I could not find any error.
So I just turn off the drone itself and turn it on again. The lights were all back. So one more lap and the lights went out again...

Does anyone have an explanation for this problem and, more importantly, a solution? I have no advice here...

Greetz
Micha

2023-6-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please check the settings under DJI GO 4 app, go to settings > main controller settings > advanced settings. Scroll to the bottom, and you'll see “Turn on Head LEDs”. Toggle that to turn on/off the front LEDs. If the issue persists, please confirm if you did experience an error message on the app or send us a short video showing the unit while flying. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-21
Use props
TubeHead
lvl.1

Germany

Good morning,

the reference to "settings > main controller settings > advanced settings > Turn on Head LEDs" is correct, but that was the first thing I looked for. It could have been that I accidentally changed it. Yesterday evening I also set it to "LEDs off" as a test and then back to "LEDs on", but that didn't change the fact that they went out during the flight.
There is also no error message when I change the setting. On the ground, it simply does what it is supposed to: it switches the LEDs on and off.
However, what I haven't tested yet is whether anything changes after the error occurs in the air when I toggle the LEDs. I will make up for this attempt today and ask my daughter to record this test flight on video in the hope that the error can be reproduced (you surely know "Murphy's Laws")...

Greetz
Micha

EDIT say:
A test flight is probably nothing today. Strong storms approaching with thunderstorms and hailstones the size of tennis balls...
Hasn't gotten here yet, but right now I don't have anyone handy to film the flight...
... we will see ...

2023-6-21
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

It sounds like you may have a short somewhere.  This maybe something you have to send it back to DJI to test.
2023-6-22
Use props
TubeHead
lvl.1

Germany

Shawgod Posted at 6-22 08:36
It sounds like you may have a short somewhere.  This maybe something you have to send it back to DJI to test.

... I do not think so ...
In the event of a short circuit, they would sometimes light up, sometimes not (or never again if the drivers are burnt). But It's not like that. They work on take-off and eventually exit in flight, both front LEDs at the same time. They stay off until I turn the bird off and on again. In the event of a short circuit, they would not light up either...
From my experience as an electronics engineer, I think it's very unlikely...
2023-6-22
Use props
TubeHead
lvl.1

Germany

The weather was good this afternoon, so my daughter and I tried to capture the error on video.
I'll cut it together in a moment, but the fact is that the LEDs work perfectly when starting and go out shortly after the lift-off. The attempt to switch the LED off and on again via the menu also fails.
After we were able to capture this halfway on video, another error occurred:
During the vertical landing approach, I suddenly received an error message that a braking process had been initiated and I was asked to release the stick?!?
On the one hand I had already let go of it because it wanted to let the bird hover for a while, on the other hand I was no longer able to move the bird in any direction or let it yaw. Only up and down went.
And something else is striking: the video image on the tablet has masses of fragments at a distance of just 3 meters. This is new too...
Unfortunately, the ScreenRecorder shredded the video... I'll try again if necessary

EDIT say: WTF!!!
img-2023-06-23-23-12-23.png
Who can explain this to me?!? Remote is the original GL300F i have never changed... And shure it's a P4P an nothing other...

2023-6-23
Use props
TubeHead
lvl.1

Germany

Ok... new try ...

Meanwhile I have all restore to factory defaults and also reflash the firmware twice. Totally pointless

Problem still exist and stress with many more faults. Today the following:

• Font position lights goes off after take off
  • Live- Video extremly fragmentet and many drops at 2 and 5 GHz; makes no diffenence
  • Takes arround 5 minutes (!!!) to brimg them back to ground from arround 30 meter
  • SOmetimes no commands acceptet
  • Sometimes 'battery error'
  • Sometimes 'brake error'
  • Sometimes 'GPS lost'
  • ... and some little more

Here are some pictotes out of the GO- App (ScreenRecorder) and also from my smartphone that I have placed under the Drone.

... live video errors

... live video errors

... live video errors, lost controll temporary

... live video errors

... live video errors

many bull...t

many bull...t

more bull...t

more bull...t

LEDs ON while lift off

LEDs ON while lift off

LED just go OFF

LED just go OFF

LED's off while comming down

LED's off while comming down

LED goes on while switching the Drone off

LED goes on while switching the Drone off

2023-6-24
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Why does the led lights bother you so much? Are you flying at night? Cause depend on where you live, its illegal to fly at night anyways. The led light should only turn off when you are recording, so it doesn't show up in your video. If the lights turn off and you are not recording then something is wrong. But tell yourself, is the led light really a must?
2023-6-24
Use props
TubeHead
lvl.1

Germany

But tell yourself, is the led light really a must?

Is that a serious question?

2023-6-24
Use props
TubeHead
lvl.1

Germany

Update:

This is a reproducible firmware problem!

Since DJI no longer allows/offers a downgrade (they probably know why...), I downgraded the drone to V01.05.0300 with DDD/DSP (two flash processes to be on the safe side) and also reset everything to factory default.
I just did some short test flights, roughly the same distances and altitudes as described in the post above (same location).
No more (notable) problems! Only the flashers went to permanent red parallel to the error message that the sensors pointing downwards have a problem (they do that also with 0600).

Now another update to V01.05.0600 (via Assistant) and the problems are all there again!

Again downgrade to 01.05.0300 and everything works again.

With all due respect:
With a $50 toy I can understand that if the firmware is knitted with the hot needle, but with a high-priced part like the Phantom series?!?
Is this DJI's intention (increase in sales)? Aren't the FW releases tested beforehand?
Or does DJI think that anyone who broke their drone due to faulty firmware will still buy a DJI again?
I don't want to imply anything here, but these suspicions come to mind, especially when you see/read the many identical or similar reports on YT & Co....

Here are the Logfile from 0300:

## 10:44:54
Schwaches GPS-Signal. Schweben im Atti-Modus instabil. Bitte besonders vorsichtig fliegen.
## 10:45:25
Startpunkt aufgezeichnet. Höhe des Rückflugs: 30M
## 10:45:57
## 10:47:13
Fehler: Abwärts gerichtete Sensoren. Fluggerät auf niedriger Höhe instabil. Vorsichtig fliegen.
## 10:48:14
Bremsvorgang. Steuerknüppel loslassen und anschließen Flug fortsetzen.
## 10:50:23
## 10:50:51
Schwaches GPS-Signal. Schweben im Atti-Modus instabil. Bitte besonders vorsichtig fliegen.
## 10:51:25
## 10:56:28
## 10:57:32
Fehler: Abwärts gerichtete Sensoren. Fluggerät auf niedriger Höhe instabil. Vorsichtig fliegen.
## 10:58:00
Fluggerät befindet sich in der Nähe des Startpunkts. Autom. Rückkehrfunktion leitet autom. Landung ein.
## 10:58:00
Hinderniserkennung bei Landung deaktiviert. Vorsichtig fliegen.
## 10:58:12

And here from yesterday with the 600:

## 15:56:12
## 15:56:45
## 15:57:10
## 15:57:17
## 15:57:19
## 15:57:22
## 15:57:28
## 16:00:13
## 16:00:15
## 16:00:25
## 16:00:35
## 16:00:40
## 16:00:46
Fehler: Batterie
## 16:00:54
## 16:01:14
## 16:01:28
## 16:01:35
## 16:01:47
## 16:02:53
Rechtes Rädchen gesperrt. Zum Anpassen bitte drücken.
## 16:03:01 Rückwärts gerichtete Hinderniserkennung nicht funktionsfähig.
Umgebungslichtverhältnisse zu schwach.
## 16:03:36
## 18:38:30
## 18:38:46
## 18:38:53
## 18:38:55 Rückwärts gerichtete Hinderniserkennung nicht funktionsfähig.
Umgebungslichtverhältnisse zu schwach.
## 18:41:06
## 18:42:04
## 18:42:06
## 18:42:09
## 18:42:10
## 18:42:11
## 18:42:11
## 18:43:37
## 18:44:35
## 18:46:09
## 18:46:37
Fluggerät befindet sich in der Nähe des Startpunkts. Autom. Rückkehrfunktion leitet autom. Landung ein.
## 18:46:37
## 18:46:54
Fehler: Batteriesignal. Bitte Verbindung zur Batterie überprüfen.
## 18:46:54
## 18:47:08
## 18:47:36
## 18:47:40
## 18:48:07
## 18:48:08
## 18:48:08
## 18:48:12
## 18:48:18
## 18:48:29
## 18:48:30
## 18:48:32
## 18:48:35
## 18:48:38
## 18:48:39

2023-6-26
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

If it were the firmware then we all would have the problem.  There has to be something in your drone that is causing this to happen.  I still say this needs to go into DJI for help.
2023-6-26
Use props
TubeHead
lvl.1

Germany

... that can be, but then it has to be something that is influenced by the different firmware revisions. This fact can be reproduced at will and therefore cannot be discussed away.
Besides, it's not just hit me... If you use a search engine of your trust, you will find some pilots with exactly and/or near the same problems, which were obviously already reported with the P3.
And also here in the forum there are pilots who even lost their drone on the first flight after the update, who had no problems before the update and traveled many miles without any problems under the same conditions.
Of course, with a lot of imagination, a different interpretation of the facts, or simply for marketing reasons, one can claim that this is a pilot's problem (however one then interprets a "pilot's problem"). And there are also many people, especially nowadays, who prefer to say "fuck it, bad luck", because a precise research into the causes seems too strenuous, too complicated, too time-consuming or they have so much money that those of the Losing around $1500 doesn't matter. But I'm not that kind of person, either in one way or another.
2023-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TubeHead Posted at 6-26 01:18
Update:

This is a reproducible firmware problem!

Hi there, we will try to troubleshoot the issues one by one. May I confirm if you mean there is a downward sensor error after you update the firmware? Could you please provide us with a screenshot to check it further?
2023-6-27
Use props
TubeHead
lvl.1

Germany

Hu?
Logfile and ScreenShots are many upward. Video last try with 0600 is https://steamradio.de/dji/Recorder_20230624_184347.mp4

The Sensors are not important. Prio 1 are that I can't use the P4P with Firmware 0600; absolutly unsave to fly if I lost control and/or can't see where I'm right now...

But for the moment I stay and nailed 0300 and block all updates...

2023-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules