United Kingdom

2023-6-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great top down shot DA.    I guess if you need your boat out you have to give them a bit of a heads up as some of the bigger boats sandwiched in will take some time to remove.  They did maximize the use of available space.  
2023-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice shot, and a great collection of small craft.  Are they light enough to be launched manually?
2023-6-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

It is well-organized indeed. The last section maybe a bit less but that one's not exactly untidy either.
2023-6-22
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Oh yes, very tidy.
2023-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great shot!
2023-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-22 03:32
Nice shot, and a great collection of small craft.  Are they light enough to be launched manually?

Yes,  to the left of that image is a slip way into the water.  
2023-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-22 03:07
Great top down shot DA.    I guess if you need your boat out you have to give them a bit of a heads up as some of the bigger boats sandwiched in will take some time to remove.  They did maximize the use of available space.

Yes and for once it seems well organised.  
2023-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 6-22 04:18
It is well-organized indeed. The last section maybe a bit less but that one's not exactly untidy either.

Maybe thats the next section to get the tidy treatment.   
2023-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks Peter.  
2023-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-22 05:55
Yes,  to the left of that image is a slip way into the water.

Handy positioning then
2023-6-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 6-22 06:03
Maybe thats the next section to get the tidy treatment.

Might well be possible.
2023-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2023-6-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-22 05:58
Yes and for once it seems well organised.

It does appear to be well organized.    

After I finished diving in the lake just after lunch today I had a bit of a confrontation with a couple of jet skiers.  I had my diving buoy up and prominently displayed as required but they kept buzzing right over me.  I had to be very, very careful while ascending to the surface.  Fortunately, during the back and forth with them I was able to memorize their registration numbers and reported them.  I also reported that both reeked of alcohol and were probably too intoxicated to be dirving jet skis.  Shortly after I got a call from the Local marine law enforcement asking if I wanted to bring charges against them for reckless endangerment.  Of course I said yes as they needed to be taught a serious lesson.  The officer said that most likely they will be fined and prohibited from operating jet skis for 12-18 months.  Both refused a field sobriety test so that had to submit a blood sample so they may face additional charges.  I told him I had no issues appearing in court to testify against them.  
2023-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-22 07:10
Handy positioning then

I suspect someone planned for that at some point,     many years ago I beleieve thats where the swimming club was located with their floating changing rooms.  
2023-6-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-23 01:37
I suspect someone planned for that at some point,     many years ago I beleieve thats where the swimming club was located with their floating changing rooms.

Ah. What became of them, l wonder.
2023-6-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-23 01:58
Ah. What became of them, l wonder.

At some point it was given to the sea scouts,   but what happened then is a mystery to me ]

2023-6-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-22 14:22
It does appear to be well organized.   

After I finished diving in the lake just after lunch today I had a bit of a confrontation with a couple of jet skiers.  I had my diving buoy up and prominently displayed as required but they kept buzzing right over me.  I had to be very, very careful while ascending to the surface.  Fortunately, during the back and forth with them I was able to memorize their registration numbers and reported them.  I also reported that both reeked of alcohol and were probably too intoxicated to be dirving jet skis.  Shortly after I got a call from the Local marine law enforcement asking if I wanted to bring charges against them for reckless endangerment.  Of course I said yes as they needed to be taught a serious lesson.  The officer said that most likely they will be fined and prohibited from operating jet skis for 12-18 months.  Both refused a field sobriety test so that had to submit a blood sample so they may face additional charges.  I told him I had no issues appearing in court to testify against them.

Sounds dangerous to me.    Seems a theme with Jet Skis though,  I saw a pair in the moorings the other day go screaming through creating a huge wake,  and a couple of the yacht people were screaming something at them.   I guess thats why so many places here ban them.
2023-6-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-23 02:39
At some point it was given to the sea scouts,   but what happened then is a mystery to me ]

A useful amenity for them no doubt.  That looks like an old pic .
2023-6-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-23 02:56
Sounds dangerous to me.    Seems a theme with Jet Skis though,  I saw a pair in the moorings the other day go screaming through creating a huge wake,  and a couple of the yacht people were screaming something at them.   I guess thats why so many places here ban them.

I own a jet ski and have nothing against them.  However, like anything else they need to be driven safely and the operators must respect marine laws such as no wake, diver areas, etc.  Law enforcement notified me that both are in jail now for Driving Under the Influence as their blood tests came back at twice the legal limit to be operating a motorized craft.  Making a weekend in jail will give them time to sober up and realize what idiots they are.
2023-6-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-23 04:01
A useful amenity for them no doubt.  That looks like an old pic .

Yes,   I think that was the 1960's. Although I am beginning to doubt my understanding of the place.    I sent the drone along the coast there looking for any signs of all the rocks they loaded it with to stop it from floating too much but sadly I found no sign of them.
2023-6-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-23 14:16
I own a jet ski and have nothing against them.  However, like anything else they need to be driven safely and the operators must respect marine laws such as no wake, diver areas, etc.  Law enforcement notified me that both are in jail now for Driving Under the Influence as their blood tests came back at twice the legal limit to be operating a motorized craft.  Making a weekend in jail will give them time to sober up and realize what idiots they are.

Thats nice and swift,   our legal system here couldnt do that.    Released the next day with a date to return usually.  
2023-6-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-23 23:54
Thats nice and swift,   our legal system here couldnt do that.    Released the next day with a date to return usually.

Both could have been arrested and then released on bond but neither could post a bond so in jail they sit.  
2023-6-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-23 23:48
Yes,   I think that was the 1960's. Although I am beginning to doubt my understanding of the place.    I sent the drone along the coast there looking for any signs of all the rocks they loaded it with to stop it from floating too much but sadly I found no sign of them.

Maybe it has succumbed to the ravages of time.
2023-6-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-24 02:36
Both could have been arrested and then released on bond but neither could post a bond so in jail they sit.

Oh dear that is such a shame isn't it.  
2023-6-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-24 04:07
Maybe it has succumbed to the ravages of time.

I thought that as the hull had been filled with rocks that they might still have been visible.
2023-6-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-26 00:30
I thought that as the hull had been filled with rocks that they might still have been visible.

A lot can happen in 60 years though
2023-6-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-26 00:38
A lot can happen in 60 years though

Very true Mr B,   Perhaps someone took them for a rockery.  
2023-6-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-26 01:07
Very true Mr B,   Perhaps someone took them for a rockery.

2023-6-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-26 00:30
Oh dear that is such a shame isn't it.

If you do the crime be prepared to do the time.  They are due to be arraigned today and will see how many charges they face and if the bond will be increased.  They may be sitting in jail for quite a while.
2023-6-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'd be surprised,    As a kid we went to the isle of white and we say some old guy filling a gold Granda with big rocks from one of the beaches.  
2023-6-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-26 03:36
If you do the crime be prepared to do the time.  They are due to be arraigned today and will see how many charges they face and if the bond will be increased.  They may be sitting in jail for quite a while.

Good news,   will you being going along to watch and gloat.  
2023-6-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-26 04:09
You'd be surprised,    As a kid we went to the isle of white and we say some old guy filling a gold Granda with big rocks from one of the beaches.

Granada Theft Auto
2023-6-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-26 04:13
Good news,   will you being going along to watch and gloat.

Not for the initial arraignment as that will only require the Prosecutor.  The Prosecutor told me that he thinks they will plea bargain for lesser charges on the DUI but for reckless endangerment he is not going to allow a plea bargain.  He said they are looking at 5-10 years, especially consider their past track record.  He couldn't go into that but it doesn't bode well for them.  
2023-6-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's funny what you recall from child hood.
2023-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-27 23:52
It's funny what you recall from child hood.

I can recall stuff from my youth a lot easier than things that have happened in the last 12 months - and occasionally the last 12 hours
2023-6-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-26 07:50
Not for the initial arraignment as that will only require the Prosecutor.  The Prosecutor told me that he thinks they will plea bargain for lesser charges on the DUI but for reckless endangerment he is not going to allow a plea bargain.  He said they are looking at 5-10 years, especially consider their past track record.  He couldn't go into that but it doesn't bode well for them.

Ouch,   thats going to sting,  let's hope they learn a lesson from it.  
2023-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 23:55
I can recall stuff from my youth a lot easier than things that have happened in the last 12 months - and occasionally the last 12 hours

My mums getting like that,    so far Im not suffering that issue.    Although SHMBOd would be very happy if  my memory wasnt as good.
2023-6-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-28 00:45
My mums getting like that,    so far Im not suffering that issue.    Although SHMBOd would be very happy if  my memory wasnt as good.

Thereby hangs a tale, evidently. But out of respect for SHMBO I won't press you on the details
2023-6-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules