9255 95 2023-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

@SpillyDilli- this thread is specifically about RID for the Phantom 4 RTK, an Enterprise-level product. Please post your questions about consumer-grade DJI drones in the appropriate forums.
2023-9-5
Use props
Mark Scacco3
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-5 03:56
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response.
We confirmed with our teams. Our engineers are still working on the new firmware.
Please wait patiently for the update.

What is the status of the firmware update?
2023-9-8
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yes, please provide an update on the update. The end of August was a week ago. The FAA RID deadline is a week away.
2023-9-8
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

patiam Posted at 9-8 06:08
Yes, please provide an update on the update. The end of August was a week ago. The FAA RID deadline is a week away.

The FAA says that it will be delayed and that there will be an announcement before the 16th.
2023-9-8
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mr. Strat Posted at 9-8 19:04
The FAA says that it will be delayed and that there will be an announcement before the 16th.

@Mr. Strat, I have heard that rumor as well, do you have an official citation supporting it? Please share it if so.

Otherwise please don't cloud the air with uncorroborated information. This is difficult enough as it is.
2023-9-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Mark Scacco3 Posted at 9-8 05:39
What is the status of the firmware update?

We are sorry that we do not have more relevant information about the status. We will urge and ask our teams again.
2023-9-9
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for letting us know, @DJI Wanda. It helps to hear the status from you, even if it is not good news. Communication is much better than silence.

Please do inform the developers and those directing them that DJI's Enterprise customers are in dire need of RID compliant firmware and deserve better than this. There is one week until the RID deadline. Rumors that the deadline will be delayed are unverified. Until the FAA makes an official statement on the matter, the deadline remains 9/16.
2023-9-9
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
United States

Mr. Strat Posted at 9-8 19:04

Can't find the video now, but an FAA official made the announcement at an expo in Las Vegas yesterday.
2023-9-9
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mr. Strat Posted at 9-9 19:10
Can't find the video now, but an FAA official made the announcement at an expo in Las Vegas yesterday.

If you're referring to David Boulter, Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety at FAA's keynote at the Commercial UAV Expo on 9/6,

I don't believe he said it would be delayed. He said we would "get relief" (seek to 24:50 if video does not start there, DJI forum is weird), but wasn't able to say what that would be. He would not come out and say the deadline would be delayed.

I realize some are reporting the deadline will be delayed based on Boulter's statements at the Expo:
https://insideunmannedsystems.co ... -official-confirms/

But until there is an official announcement by the FAA, this is all hearsay.

2023-9-9
Use props
Mark Scacco3
lvl.1

United States

patiam Posted at 9-9 20:10
If you're referring to David Boulter, Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety at FAA's keynote at the Commercial UAV Expo on 9/6,

https://youtu.be/rmJqpWfO7qQ?feature=shared&t=1492

watching faa webinar now and there is a process for requesting a deviation from the remote id requirement. here is contact info:

Remote ID Deviation Request.png
2023-9-11
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mark Scacco3 Posted at 9-11 16:55
watching faa webinar now and there is a process for requesting a deviation from the remote id requirement. here is contact info:

I haven't seen the webinar, but by my reading of the RID ruling Part 89.105 says deviations can be granted, but only as defined in Part 89.120, which allows deviations for "aeronautical research" which most UAS ops aren't.

I'm sure they'll be super responsive and able to grant deviations in a timely manner also (not).
Link to the webinar or recording?
2023-9-11
Use props
Mark Scacco
New

United States

patiam Posted at 9-11 20:48
I haven't seen the webinar, but by my reading of the RID ruling Part 89.105 says deviations can be granted, but only as defined in Part 89.120, which allows deviations for "aeronautical research" which most UAS ops aren't.

I'm sure they'll be super responsive and able to grant deviations in a timely manner also (not).

The presenters did not say deviations were limited to any specific section. In fact, they almost said the opposite: that deviations can be granted in most areas and that the "ask" is not complicated.

No link to a recording was provided.

2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_TrB0W8yZSUyE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23671 ft
United States

So the 'relief' they are offering is the ability to call a special agent and ask permission (which the contact info is the same as the 'general questions' info and last updated in 2020), or email to ask for a deviation that has no specific form or format for submittal? I dont even know what to say to that being the official response.
2023-9-12
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I re-read the RID rule, and have a modified take on § 89.105.

"In § 89.105, the rule allows the Administrator to authorize deviations from the operating requirements. The Administrator could issue such deviations when he or she determines that there is a need, and that the deviation would not adversely affect safety or that appropriate mitigations are in place to provide a level of safety at least equal to that provided by this rule. " (p54)
https://www.faa.gov/sites/faa.go ... teID_Final_Rule.pdf

Throughout § 89.105  the phrase "Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator" is used, and not only wrt to § 89.120. So it does appear that the FAA can grant deviations for any reason.

But the logistics of sending emails to ask for and receive deviation authorization in a timely manner sounds very sus. I guess we'll see how responsive and accommodating the FAA is on this. Seems like it would be  whole lot easier to just delay the deadline.
2023-9-12
Use props
Mark Scacco
New

United States

FAA Extends Remote ID Enforcement Date Six Months - March 16, 2024
https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/faa-extends-remote-id-enforcement-date-six-months
2023-9-13
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

And there you have it.  As @Mark Scacco posted, FAA has announcesd a 6-month estension until March 16, 2024!

This is a MUCH better solution than the "deviation" one mentioned previously.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id
https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/faa-extends-remote-id-enforcement-date-six-months

FAA RID EXTENSION

FAA RID EXTENSION
2023-9-13
Use props
Crazy_0wl
lvl.1

United States

So are we going to have to wait until the next deadline before the update comes or is DJI just going to force pilots to buy one os their new products?
2023-9-14
Use props
Kirk2814
lvl.2
United States

Crazy_0wl Posted at 9-14 07:32
So are we going to have to wait until the next deadline before the update comes or is DJI just going to force pilots to buy one os their new products?

There's an update available! Installed it on the remote and aircraft, though not sure how to find the actual remote ID....
2023-9-21
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Kirk2814 Posted at 9-21 13:05
There's an update available! Installed it on the remote and aircraft, though not sure how to find the actual remote ID....

They're supposed to make some sort of announcement when it is released. Got a link, or is this something that just popped up on the RC?
2023-9-21
Use props
Kirk2814
lvl.2
United States

patiam Posted at 9-21 18:20
They're supposed to make some sort of announcement when it is released. Got a link, or is this something that just popped up on the RC?

Well, it was listed on the RC yesterday but it also was and is on the DJI Download Center for the Phantom 4 RTK, link below:

https://www.dji.com/mobile/downloads/products/phantom-4-rtk

And then this morning I came across this article:

https://dronedj.com/2023/09/22/dji-drone-remote-id-p4/#:~:text=DJI%20Phantom%204%20RTK%20and,location%20information%20to%20other%20parties.

If anyone figures out where the Remote ID is listed please share.
2023-9-22
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

@DJI Wanda where is the official DJI announcement of this firmware release?

Given how much users have been clamoring for it, why are we only hearing about it from 3rd-party sources?
2023-9-23
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
United States

patiam Posted at 9-23 15:41
@DJI Wanda where is the official DJI announcement of this firmware release?

Given how much users have been clamoring for it, why are we only hearing about it from 3rd-party sources?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D815%26typeid%3D815
2023-9-23
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

@Mr. Strat that's the July announcement of DJI's RID promises for consumer drones. This discussion is about RID for the Phantom 4 RTK, an Enterprise drone.

The thread you linked is not relevant to this discussion. Other than questions and pointers to this thread, there is no discussion in that thread of the P4R at all, and certainly no official announcement of the fw update for it.
2023-9-23
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
United States

patiam Posted at 9-23 19:27
@Mr. Strat that's the July announcement of DJI's RID promises for consumer drones. This discussion is about RID for the Phantom 4 RTK, an Enterprise drone.

The thread you linked is not relevant to this discussion. Other than questions and pointers to this thread, there is no discussion in that thread of the P4R at all, and certainly no official announcement of the fw update for it.

It shows that DJI has no plans for an RTK update.
2023-9-24
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mr. Strat Posted at 9-24 19:03
It shows that DJI has no plans for an RTK update.

No, it doesn't. That thread is about CONSUMER drones. THIS THREAD is about the Phantom 4 RTK, an ENTERPRISE drone.

In THIS THREAD a DJI moderator has promised an RID update for the P4R. That update seems as if it may have been released. My question, to which you responded with an irrelevant link, was why @DJI Wanda had not posted an announcement here, and the only announcements on the web seem to be by 3rd-party, non-DJI sources.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand, but I'll not dilute the S/N here any further by responding to irrelevant postings.
2023-9-25
Use props
Drone_on_and_on
lvl.2
United States

My drone, controller, and DRTK2 are all 100% up-to-date with the latest firmware, and I have also been unable to find the Remote ID options or serial # in the controller settings or GSRTK app.

However, when I plug my drone into Assistant 2, the release notes make it seem like you will still need a 3rd party module (see picture below). I thought this would not be the case for the P4RTK, that we would be getting a standard Remote ID firmware update, right?

2023-9-25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Drone_on_and_on Posted at 9-25 15:27
My drone, controller, and DRTK2 are all 100% up-to-date with the latest firmware, and I have also been unable to find the Remote ID options or serial # in the controller settings or GSRTK app.

However, when I plug my drone into Assistant 2, the release notes make it seem like you will still need a 3rd party module (see picture below). I thought this would not be the case for the P4RTK, that we would be getting a standard Remote ID firmware update, right?

@Drone_on_and_on, no, that just says that you can only use the update with GS-RTK on the built-in-device controller. The only current option for running GS Pro is to use a 3rd-party module, as there is no RID fw update for that mode yet
As to where to find the RID info after installing the update, I can't help, as I am holding off installing it until the smoke clears.
2023-9-25
Use props
Kirk2814
lvl.2
United States

Ok, well finally figured out where it's listed. Ok the main screen in GS RTK, hit the triple-dash icon in the top left of the screen and then tap on the drone icon (third down) with the drone on and connected. It lists the broadcast remote ID there.

I downloaded the Dronetag scanner app today while doing a flight and sure enough I was getting that same remote ID listed with updates every three seconds or so. Pretty accurate info as far as AGL and location.

That all said - the updated user manual said there's suppose to be a verification check with the remote ID before every take off that's visible on the GS RTK screen not have not seen it or anywhere that it would be logged easily accessible.
2023-9-26
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Kirk2814 Posted at 9-26 13:42
Ok, well finally figured out where it's listed. Ok the main screen in GS RTK, hit the triple-dash icon in the top left of the screen and then tap on the drone icon (third down) with the drone on and connected. It lists the broadcast remote ID there.

I downloaded the Dronetag scanner app today while doing a flight and sure enough I was getting that same remote ID listed with updates every three seconds or so. Pretty accurate info as far as AGL and location.

Thanks for the info @Kirk2814!
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz
lvl.2

United States

I upgraded the firmware on My P4 RTK to ver 02.02.0616 and the RID serial number now shows up on the "Aircraft Info" screen of the GS RTK app on the controller.  However, the RID doesn't show up on the Drone Scanner app on my Iphone or Android tablet.  Is there another step I need to take to activate the RID?  I also have a DroneBeacon db120 but it pops right up on Drone Scanner when I switch it on.
2023-10-14
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I upgraded mine today and flew as well, but didn't see the broadcast on the DroneTag app or my SDR.

Truth is, I don't really care if it works or not... I just want to be "compliant". And until the P4R has an FAA Certificate of Compliance @ https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs, what the drone does or does not transmit and whether we can see it on an app doesn't mean squat.
The bottom line is, we (Part 107 PICs) need to be flying a UAS with a Certificate of Compliance and the associated firmware at the soonest possible date, and no later than March 16, 2024.

We're not there yet.

2023-10-14
Use props
IanSW
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz Posted at 10-14 13:50
I upgraded the firmware on My P4 RTK to ver 02.02.0616 and the RID serial number now shows up on the "Aircraft Info" screen of the GS RTK app on the controller.  However, the RID doesn't show up on the Drone Scanner app on my Iphone or Android tablet.  Is there another step I need to take to activate the RID?  I also have a DroneBeacon db120 but it pops right up on Drone Scanner when I switch it on.

Same. I'm assuming it doesn't actually work and this is just another half baked firmware upgrade from DJI, 1 step forward and 3 steps backwards. Can't wait to no longer be in the DJI ecosystem...
2023-10-17
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI please advise as to when the P4RTK will be listed as RID compliant on the FAA site https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs
Supposed RID-compliant fw updates do not make us compliant. Unless FAA recognizes our aircraft then we can't fly as of March 16, 2024. I know that seems non-imminent, but we are compelled to become compliant ASAP, regardless of that date.

Can you comment on when the P4R will be listed as compliant?
2023-10-17
Use props
Kirk2814
lvl.2
United States

As for not seeing your Remote ID on the Dronetag Scanner app, I was having issues as well and found at that you need to disable wifi scan throttling on your device. I think Android and had to do it thru developer options, but once I did it was working perfectly and getting updates on the Remote ID and the drone's location every 2 seconds or so.
2023-10-25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Kirk2814 Posted at 10-25 17:10
As for not seeing your Remote ID on the Dronetag Scanner app, I was having issues as well and found at that you need to disable wifi scan throttling on your device. I think Android and had to do it thru developer options, but once I did it was working perfectly and getting updates on the Remote ID and the drone's location every 2 seconds or so.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

Note that the P4RTK is STILL NOT LISTED as RID compliant on the FAA site https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs

It would be great to know from DJI when we can expect that. This is supposedly "Enterprise" gear for "Professional" use, and it sucks to see Mini's and other consumer/hobbyist drones compliant but not the P4RTK.
2023-10-26
Use props
djiuser_V89vMpuqvNe5
New
Flight distance : 43711 ft
France

I read today that the Sep Firmware release for the Phantom 4 Multispectral now includes the Remote ID functionality.  My question is can DJI confirm this, confirm that it is deployed globally and not just for the US, that is applies also to the RTK and also provide guidance as to where on the controller one can confrim that the functionality is enabled?
2023-10-29
Use props
djiuser_V89vMpuqvNe5
New
Flight distance : 43711 ft
France

I read today that the Sep Firmware release for the Phantom 4 Multispectral now includes the Remote ID functionality.  My question is can DJI confirm this, confirm that it is deployed globally and not just for the US,  that is applies also to the RTK  and also provide guidance as to where on the controller one can confrim that the functionality is enabled?
2023-10-29
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_V89vMpuqvNe5 Posted at 10-29 07:36
I read today that the Sep Firmware release for the Phantom 4 Multispectral now includes the Remote ID functionality.  My question is can DJI confirm this, confirm that it is deployed globally and not just for the US,  that is applies also to the RTK  and also provide guidance as to where on the controller one can confrim that the functionality is enabled?

Got a link?

BTW the P4M RID thread is here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D744%26typeid%3D744

and despite multiple pleas for updates no official DJI moderators have commented with any useful information.
2023-10-30
Use props
djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz
lvl.2

United States

Kirk2814 Posted at 10-25 17:10
As for not seeing your Remote ID on the Dronetag Scanner app, I was having issues as well and found at that you need to disable wifi scan throttling on your device. I think Android and had to do it thru developer options, but once I did it was working perfectly and getting updates on the Remote ID and the drone's location every 2 seconds or so.

Glad to hear you were able to get it working. Thanks for the throttling suggestion.  Unfortunately, disabling the wifi scan throttling didn't do the trick on either of my Samsung Android tablets.  I couldn't find anything on a similar setting for IPhones. Given that the only common thread to the problem is when trying to detect the P4 RTK, (since the db 120 works normally) I suspect the problem is with the drone itself and is something DJI needs to resolve.  
2023-11-7
Use props
djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz
lvl.2

United States

patiam Posted at 10-26 09:39
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

Note that the P4RTK is STILL NOT LISTED as RID compliant on the FAA site https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs

Did you get a chance to try what Kirk2814 suggested?
2023-11-14
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules