123Next >
9039 95 2023-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
orstateparks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332218 ft
United States

The last update from DJI about Remote ID for the Phantom 4 RTK that I can find was April 10th ( https://enterprise-insights.dji.com/blog/remote-id-dji-enterprise-drones?)  with the statement that they would release a firmware update to make the model compliant. Its been over two months, which means we're two months closer to Septemer 16th and the new rule implementation deadline. Is there additional information about when the P4 RTK will get the necessary firmware update to provide the Remote ID broadcast capability?

2023-6-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We currently have no information about that. Please stay tuned to our official channel and the notification we sent. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-26
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

So is there any update on this? Does DJI even care about its "Enterprise" customers enough to respond meaningfully on this forum?
2023-7-3
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

We need an update of P4 RTK RID compliance please. The official post at

https://enterprise-insights.dji. ... i-enterprise-drones

has not been updated since April 10, 2023.

When will RID come to the P4 RTK? Time is getting short...
2023-7-19
Use props
orstateparks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332218 ft
United States

The communication on this is incredibly frustrating. DJI provided a Remote ID Statement (7/01/2023)  for their non-enterprise drones but we can't get an update on the gear we've shelled out big bucks for and rely on for business.
2023-7-20
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Agreed. Thanks for the link to the thread regarding non-enterprise gear. And we haven't had an update since April.
2023-7-20
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thanks to Aerotas for highlighting this issue and turning up the heat on DJI
https://www.aerotas.com/blog/wil ... emote-id-compliant?

" All of the current generation drones, including the Mavic 3 Enterprise and Matrice 300/350 drones, are already Remote ID compliant.  But DJI’s most popular enterprise drone still isn’t.  
We’ll be honest, part of the reason we are publishing this is to hopefully put more pressure on DJI to update and release the Phantom 4 RTK firmware to make it Remote ID compliant as soon as possible.  While we understand the desire to try and push people to newer drones, delaying the release of this firmware is bad for DJI’s customers in general.  We know that people love the Phantom 4 RTK: we do too!  But with Remote ID coming very soon, businesses need to start making decisions now if they want to keep flying."

C'mon, DJI start treating your customers with the most popular DJI Enterprise drone the way they deserve.

2023-7-21
Use props
S C
New

Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-26 04:20
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We currently have no information about that. Please stay tuned to our official channel and the notification we sent. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Total irresponsible of DJI to not have come up with solution for Phantom4…it was $2000 drone and disappointed that DJI doesn’t care about those customer that are loyal to their product…guess what will b going somewhere else for my next drone!!!
2023-8-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

S C Posted at 8-3 07:48
Total irresponsible of DJI to not have come up with solution for Phantom4…it was $2000 drone and disappointed that DJI doesn’t care about those customer that are loyal to their product…guess what will b going somewhere else for my next drone!!!

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Once we have any updates, we will publish the news and put it on the official channels. Please stay tuned to our website. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-4
Use props
coold
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-4 04:36
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Once we have any updates, we will publish the news and put it on the official channels. Please stay tuned to our website. Thank you for your understanding and support.

"..sorry for the inconvenience caused"?  That's it? I don't think DJI realizes the impact their negligence/in-action is having on many of their customers' bottom lines. Perhaps they do and are simply ok with it in order to boost sales of their new products. Very reminiscent of the Ford Pinto Fiasco which nearly ruined Ford's reputation (https://www.autoweek.com/news/a2 ... ords-reputation-it/)

DJI already is already battling bad public relations with the constant questions of will its products be banned by US government agencies. Some have, others are considering it. The RID fiasco and DJI's mismanagement of it is surely not helping.  I have been a long-time user and supporter but I am starting to look at other options as well as recommend them to clients, colleagues and co-workers within the FAA. It is not soleyl because of the RID issue either. DJI's recent barrage of products and swift obsolescence and lack of support of fairly recent equipment is quite alarming.  

2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

coold Posted at 8-7 10:23
"..sorry for the inconvenience caused"?  That's it? I don't think DJI realizes the impact their negligence/in-action is having on many of their customers' bottom lines. Perhaps they do and are simply ok with it in order to boost sales of their new products. Very reminiscent of the Ford Pinto Fiasco which nearly ruined Ford's reputation (https://www.autoweek.com/news/a2099001/ford-100-defective-pinto-almost-took-fords-reputation-it/)

DJI already is already battling bad public relations with the constant questions of will its products be banned by US government agencies. Some have, others are considering it. The RID fiasco and DJI's mismanagement of it is surely not helping.  I have been a long-time user and supporter but I am starting to look at other options as well as recommend them to clients, colleagues and co-workers within the FAA. It is not soleyl because of the RID issue either. DJI's recent barrage of products and swift obsolescence and lack of support of fairly recent equipment is quite alarming.

We sincerely apologize for that. We have forwarded this issue to our related teams. We also hope there will be a firmware update soon. We will continue forwarding the request.
2023-8-8
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.2
China

S C Posted at 8-3 07:48

The latest I know from DJI support is that the P4R firmware supporting US Remote ID will be released at the end of this month.
2023-8-9
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DKGPST Posted at 8-9 05:20
The latest I know from DJI support is that the P4R firmware supporting US Remote ID will be released at the end of this month.

Got a link or reference, or was this just personal comms?
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Latest update:
Our engineers confirm that we will release a firmware version for Phantom 4 RTK to be compliant with US RID at the end of August.
2023-8-10
Use props
djiuser_5H0CD2AAWRnt
lvl.3
United States

Is this just the P4P RTK or does that include the P4P V2?
2023-8-10
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-10 03:32
Latest update:
Our engineers confirm that we will release a firmware version for Phantom 4 RTK to be compliant with US RID at the end of August.

Hi DJI Wanda- that is great news. Kind of down to the wire, but good to know that there is at least a planned release date. Thank you for sharing the information here!
2023-8-10
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_5H0CD2AAWRnt Posted at 8-10 06:33
Is this just the P4P RTK or does that include the P4P V2?

Someone official from DJI will probably confirm,  but according to this thread

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... page%3D1&page=1

RID is coming to the P4  Pro V2.0 "by December 31st, 2023 at the latest"

Not sure if it will end up coinciding with the FW update for the P4R that is supposed to happen by the end of August.
2023-8-10
Use props
djiuser_5H0CD2AAWRnt
lvl.3
United States

You would think the firmware would be similar.   Therefore, easy to get both done.  But, who am I to say.
2023-8-10
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_5H0CD2AAWRnt Posted at 8-10 11:03
You would think the firmware would be similar.   Therefore, easy to get both done.  But, who am I to say.

other than the RTK GNSS, the hardware is identical. but how similar the fw is, we do not know. and even if they are THE SAME, it wouldn't be out of character at all for DJI to release them completely separately for no apparent reason.
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

patiam Posted at 8-10 08:45
Hi DJI Wanda- that is great news. Kind of down to the wire, but good to know that there is at least a planned release date. Thank you for sharing the information here!

You are most welcome.
2023-8-11
Use props
djiuser_5H0CD2AAWRnt
lvl.3
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-11 06:25
You are most welcome.

@DJIWanda,

Can you update us on when the P4P V2 will get its firmware?

Thanks
2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_5H0CD2AAWRnt Posted at 8-12 06:42
@DJIWanda,

Can you update us on when the P4P V2 will get its firmware?

Hi, you may check this link:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D815%26typeid%3D815
2023-8-13
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

Will the P4P ver 1 get the update?
2023-8-13
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-13 03:38
Hi, you may check this link:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=293343&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D815%26typeid%3D815

Which says, as already pointed out in this thread, "by Dec 31st 2023 at the latest".

I think we'd all like an update on that estimate, as that was posted July 1st.
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

patiam Posted at 8-13 13:22
Which says, as already pointed out in this thread, "by Dec 31st 2023 at the latest".

I think we'd all like an update on that estimate, as that was posted July 1st.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will recommend users refer to the official announcement.
2023-8-14
Use props
djiuser_5H0CD2AAWRnt
lvl.3
United States

Why are you dancing around the question?  Can you not give us an update?
2023-8-15
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

3 more days in August (or 2, depending on where you are)... How's that firmware update comin'?

How about an update on the update?
2023-8-28
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi @DJI Wanda!

It's August 31st in the USA!

Any news on the P4 RTK firmware update with RID that was to be released "at the end of August"?

I have scheduled research flights throughout September. Given the history of, shall we say, "unforeseen developments" with many DJI firmware updates, I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to get, apply, and TEST the promised update ASAP, as the clock is ticking towards a September 16th deadline.

Or is there a new supposed release date? Please advise.
2023-8-31
Use props
UAV_BN1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55167 ft
United Kingdom

Presumably this concerns the USA and not the UK as we have not there is no firm consensus from the CAA about RID.
2023-9-1
Use props
Mark Scacco3
lvl.1

United States

Latest update:

@DJI Wanda, what is the status of the release of this update? Please share a link to the firmware update.

Thanks,
Mark
2023-9-1
Use props
Drone_on_and_on
lvl.2
United States

Latest update:

Hi @DJI Wanda,

Is there any update on the Remote ID firmware for the Phantom 4 RTK?
2023-9-1
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

*crickets*
2023-9-1
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Heeeey maybe the promised P4R firmware with RID has been delayed a bit so that it can come with a controller update as well that will fix GS RTK with the the ability to set/change mission endpoints, easy and safe terrain awareness that doesn't try to crash the drone, panoramic photos, a minimum altitude lower than 25 m AGL, no geofencing, and an improved RTK GUI that separates out antenna height from the base station Z coordinate, allows one to view the Custom Network RTK password, reads mountpoints from the NTRIP caster, and allows saving setups!

I'm OK waiting a few more days for all these enhancements, how about everybody else?!?

Oh wait. I must be dreaming. Never mind.

2023-9-2
Use props
SpillyDilli
lvl.1

United States

As of today, I turned on my Phantom 4, went to the Settings tab and there is indeed a Remote Identification option. I haven't gone through those steps but it looks like Remote ID exists for the Phantom 4.
However, I do not see the Phantom 4 in the Declaration of Compliance (DOC) list on the FAA website. Are we good to go or no?

Edit: I discovered that the Remote Identification option in the DJI interface has been here for quite a while, so I am not sure what exactly changes in the software update.
2023-9-3
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

If DJI would COMMUNICATE WITH THEIR USERS more effectively we wouldn't be guessing about what is going on.

For Enterprise users depending on DJI gear to make a living, this isn't just about being able to use the gear we paid for- this is about our livelihoods. Flying is not just a hobby, or recreation. If we can't fly, we don't get paid.

2023-9-3
Use props
SpillyDilli
lvl.1

United States

It is pretty confusing.

“All DJI drones that were made before the Remote ID rule took effect but without RID-compliant firmware, are capable of operating with Remote ID functionality by means of an add-on Remote ID broadcast module.”

So without the firmware, we are forced to buy modules that are 3rd party
2023-9-3
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Aaaaaaaand I was just notified by NOAA that their RID compliance deadline is August 31st, not September 16th like the FAA (both are feds, have no idea why NOAA's is earlier). So DJI's failure to release the RID-compliant firmware update has already resulted in cancellation of work (for us), lost funding, and lost opportunity to collect data that can't be retrieved.

We had a project to conduct UAS ops aboard a NOAA research vessel on the books for months now. The costs for the personnel, equipment, and platform are in the multiple 10's of thousands. And now we can not execute due to DJI's failure to provide RID support for the P4R. Looking into doing the job with the RID -compliant ANAFI Ai, but it may be too late with all the paperwork involved.

THANKS DJI, for your awesome support of Enterprise clients! (not)
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response.
We confirmed with our teams. Our engineers are still working on the new firmware.
Please wait patiently for the update.
2023-9-5
Use props
SpillyDilli
lvl.1

United States

Thank you DJI Wanda, will these be updates for all older drones, i.e the Spark?
2023-9-5
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for the update @DJI Wanda.

Tell your engineers that DJI's failure to release the promised firmware update nearly resulted in the cancellation of UAS ops for an important NOAA research project, and that it was only the RID-compliant Parrot ANAFI Ai (a competitor's product) that saved the project.

Enterprise customers are not hobbyists or recreational flyers. We need our aircraft to make our living, and must follow all local, state, and federal rules. We need aircraft that will allow us to do so. If DJI wants to sell Enterprise UAS and be taken seriously in this market, you need to start treating your professional customers in a professional manner.
2023-9-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules