Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz Posted at 11-14 07:39
Did you get a chance to try what Kirk2814 suggested?

I have not, sorry. As I mentioned, I don't really care if it works or not, as long as the FAA considers it compliant. I was kind of just trying to see if I could read the RID info in the app just for fun.
2023-11-14
Use props
orstateparks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332218 ft
United States

I finally got around to doing the firmware upgrade on my P4 RTK and do indeed see the RemoteID Serial Number in DJI Pilot. However I went to FAA Drone Zone to edit my current registration as being Remote ID compliant and entered the RemoteID SN and got back an Invalid Number error. Poking around the forums I see that most folks are advised to use a "1581F" prefix plus the aircraft SN and then a "0" at the end. I double checked the number inside the battery compartment and it is indeed the number in Drone Zone but the RemoteID number showing up in DJI Pilot is totally different. Shouldn't these numbers be the same???

Aircraft SN (battery compartment): 0V2DGxxxxxxxxx
RemoteID SN (DJI Pilot): 1581F0UYKGxxxxxxxxxx
2023-11-28
Use props
orstateparks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332218 ft
United States

orstateparks Posted at 11-28 16:30
I finally got around to doing the firmware upgrade on my P4 RTK and do indeed see the RemoteID Serial Number in DJI Pilot. However I went to FAA Drone Zone to edit my current registration as being Remote ID compliant and entered the RemoteID SN and got back an Invalid Number error. Poking around the forums I see that most folks are advised to use a "1581F" prefix plus the aircraft SN and then a "0" at the end. I double checked the number inside the battery compartment and it is indeed the number in Drone Zone but the RemoteID number showing up in DJI Pilot is totally different. Shouldn't these numbers be the same???

Aircraft SN (battery compartment): 0V2DGxxxxxxxxx
I contacted support and they told me not to use the old battery compartment number. I tried entering the new RemoteID number into Drone Zone and it appears to have worked.
2023-11-28
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Still not listed as FAA compliant @ https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs. We can install this fw update til the cows come home but it doesn't make us legal in the U.S. until the FAA gives their blessing.

Any updates from DJI regarding a timeline for this?
2023-12-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The word around the campfire is this cost-effective device will satisfy the new FAA rule and make your old P2, P3, Mavic, etc. FAA compliant.  

Amazon.com: Holy Stone FAA Compliant Remote Identification broadcast Module Spare Parts for GPS Drones with Camera for Adults 4K, Remote ID broadcast Module Parts comply with US FAA Regulation; No worry about FAA : Electronics

credit:  msinger on the pp site
2023-12-3
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

there are probably a dozen 3rd party aftermarket RID solutions. looks like this one might be more available than others, and at least it is has an FAA DOC.

thanks for another RID module tip, but the P4R w/ current fw is supposed to be RID compliant without one. that's kind of what we're discussing here.
2023-12-3
Use props
groh2059
lvl.2

United States

I don’t know how many of you this would affect, but just as a heads up, if you update your P4RTK with RID firmware update and fly with the SDK controller, you will have to downgrade back to previous version.  The RID firmware update apparently only works with standard controller.

Greg
PS. Apologies in advance if this was already covered.

2023-12-14
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

thanks groh2059-
That's good info that i don't believe has been posted here previously. Although I do think the DJI download page may mention the RID update is only for the remote w/ built-in device.
2023-12-14
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Japan

Aaaaand, as of 12/07/2023, the P4 RTK is finally listed as RID compliant by the FAA!

https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs/RID000000752

But of course no DJI mods or other representative could be bothered to come here and make that announcement, despite repeated questions on the topic.

Yay.
2023-12-22
Use props
Alex-NE.FL.
lvl.1

United States

Hey folks, not sure if you have found the solution for the remote ID pertaining to the Phantom 4 RTK as well as the Phantom 4 V.2 I posted this video to help out a few pilots I work with who were having similar issues. I recently had to renew my registration for both drones and wanted to get it done right and not have to worry about it with the deadline approaching. Everyone including myself were waiting for the "Update" from DJI. In the video I explain how to find both.
Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/21uQwJP_CXc?si=qAVzZEk_wyVWM5LB

https://youtu.be/21uQwJP_CXc?si=qAVzZEk_wyVWM5LB
2-29 18:44
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thanks @Alex-NE.FL.

This has been resolved for some time.
2-29 18:50
Use props
ekraemer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58189 ft
United States

Now that it's listed as compliant and with the deadline this week, I'm still fighting with the update. I've updated the controller and the drone to the correct firmware version, and followed the steps mentioned in multiple forums, but I'm still having a problem.

The controller still isn't showing the RID for my P4R.

When I select the aircraft information under Device Management, it's still not showing.
I read about others having the same issue, but due to the timeline of compliance recognition, I've yet to find one that was answered.

3-14 06:48
Use props
djiuser_17FDBuBcTlnT
lvl.1

United States

patiam Posted at 2023-12-14 11:27
thanks groh2059-
That's good info that i don't believe has been posted here previously. Although I do think the DJI download page may mention the RID update is only for the remote w/ built-in device.

Has anyone heard about update for the SDK controller?
Thanks,
Mark
3-14 09:49
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

AFAIK there is no RID fw upgrade for the SDK controller, nor is there a plan to release one. But I could be wrong.

Sure would be nice if DJI would be more forthcoming on this stuff, eh?
3-18 13:07
Use props
tapirvolador
New

United States

Hi,

Is there any update on the Remote ID for the Phantom 4 RTK. I updated both the controller (built-in screen) and the aircraft to the latest firmware version, but I don't see the Remote ID in the Aircraft Info.

Thanks.

4-6 12:06
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The RID number is "1581F<drone S/N>0" (ends with zero).

Use that to update your registration at the FAADroneZone.
4-8 08:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules