Compass`s noise is too high ???
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hartmannfeger
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,

my Phantom 3 P telling me an error every first time i want to start.

Compass`s noise is too high. Please restart aircraft.

when i restart the copter the message is always the same, but when i let him on and turn it al little bit left or right in the axis it will work.

No metal or electronic in a crcle of 100m

any one an idea ???

Oli

Germany

2015-8-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

What is under the ground where you are flying.  There could be power lines, metal pipes, high metal containing earth.  Some places the dirt is actually magnetic.  There are other possibilities.  Are you seeing it at other locations?  Are you calibrating your compass?
2015-8-27
Use props
Jinhyun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37277129 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

today's EMF is bad. (kp=6)
It seems that the influence of the Earth's magnetic field.
2015-8-28
Use props
hartmannfeger
lvl.1

Germany

I calibrate the IMU and Compass but it will be the same.

The error is indoor and outdoor the same. I`m starting on a field out of nowhere from my case (Hardcase) so the copter is not on the ground to protect the camera.
At Home i start from a wooden Plate
I testet it indoor with no Props on, it is always the same error, but when i circle the copter a little bit it will be fine.
2015-8-28
Use props
hartmannfeger
lvl.1

Germany

Today it was fine , no Problem to start . Autotakeoff works too.

Thanks
2015-8-28
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

hartmannfeger Posted at 2015-8-29 03:57
Today it was fine , no Problem to start . Autotakeoff works too.

Thanks

see what u think

http://forum.dji.com/thread-29354-1-1.html
2015-8-28
Use props
hartmannfeger
lvl.1

Germany

No that was not my error.

When i want to start maken the CRC a little windows slide from the left : Commpass`s noise too high .... it come also when i do the Auto Takeoff.

But Yesterday it worked fine , no error
I think my Copter is a Girl so i will rename it in her i think it will helping
2015-8-28
Use props
jhwjr1
lvl.1

United States

I was plagued by this "Compass Noise Too High" problem after reassembling my P4k Pro following a crash. Tried lots of things, but this finally worked. When I get the error, I grab the Phantom from the top, palm on the top of the drone, lift is a few inches from the ground, rotate it around in a swivel motion with my hand, set it back down and fire up the propellers from the remove immediately. Works EVERY time. Hope that helps. Would have saved me LOTS of failed outings to know this a few months ago.
2016-4-18
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Im getting the Compass Noise Too High message too... I cant believe its fixed by rotating in a swivel motion... ok Ill try it! I will also calibrate everything again...
2016-6-10
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I calibrate compass over my head where there's nothing to interfere with it.  Since you keep having the same problem, but you say you take off from your hard case, I'd eliminate the hard case and try it again.  In fact, you might get someone to help you by holding it off the ground and see if the error still exists.  Be sure that person had no metal around.
2016-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules