12Next >
5453 43 2023-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcial Wills
lvl.2
Flight distance : 818422 ft
Costa Rica

I have had my Mini 3 Pro for about 9 months and 100+ flights. It never showed any problem. It was a very reliable drone for me in all that time.
A few weeks ago I updated the firware to version 01.00.0600 using the DJI Assistant 2 v2.1.16. This was the very first time I used DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware, all the other times I updated the firmware using the DJI Fly app.

After that last firmware update, I started having problems.

Basically, there is good connection between the controller and the drone only if the controller's antenas are pointing in straight line to the drone from a very short distance (1 meter or less).
If the antena deviates as little as 15 degrees or more from the drone, or if the distance between the controller and the drone is bigger than 1 meter then I get the following message:

- Weak signal. Adjut Antenas
- Image transmission signal may
be blocked. Position remote
controller to face aircraft and
adjust antennas for optimal
signal strength or fly at higher
altitud (Code: 80004)

When this happens the image freezes and there is no way to control the drone. This happens in land and in air.

This is what I have done to try to solve the problem
- I went to fly to different locations to eliminate the possibility of interference at home. Issue persists.
- I went to fly to a remote location in the forest where for sure there is minimal interference. Issue persists.
- Swapped the USB cable in the controller.
- Reset All Settings.
- Updated DJI Assistant 2 to version v2.1.18
- Reflashed firmware version 01.00.0600

I suspect the problem is being caused by having used DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware or by the firmware itself.
Is there any way to downgrade the firmare?
What do you recommend me to do?

I have care refresh but I rather to solve the problem remotely than shipping my drone to DJI because currently I am in other country.

Thanks in advance!
2023-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello. The distance of image transmission is closely associated with various factors in the current environment, including the interference of Wi-Fi signals, signal transmitting power, relative direction and location of signal reception, obstructions, etc. I’ll troubleshoot for you step by step. Please rest assured. What is the maximum image transmission distance after several tests flying your aircraft? Please collect the recorded video of the image transmission during the flight for our further confirmation.
2023-6-24
Use props
aurisoft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91529 ft

Lithuania

Same here with my M3. Just change transmission to 5ghz. I just updated fly app, it need to be confirmed in air, but it looks it should be back to normal.
2023-6-25
Use props
aurisoft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91529 ft

Lithuania

I can say, that transmission problem is still there. If I am in auto, connection looses every few seconds. It stays normal when I choose 5ghz. So it is a huge problem and hope it will be solved asap.
2023-6-26
Use props
RAYMARO
lvl.3

Spain

me paso lo mismo al actualizar anteriormente todo andaba bien.saludos.
2023-6-26
Use props
RAYMARO
lvl.3

Spain

aurisoft Posted at 6-26 06:24
I can say, that transmission problem is still there. If I am in auto, connection looses every few seconds. It stays normal when I choose 5ghz. So it is a huge problem and hope it will be solved asap.

Yo tengo que poner 5.8 para volar la banda dual no funciona.saludos
2023-6-26
Use props
RAYMARO
lvl.3

Spain

2023-6-26
Use props
Marcial Wills
lvl.2
Costa Rica

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-24 22:26
Hello. The distance of image transmission is closely associated with various factors in the current environment, including the interference of Wi-Fi signals, signal transmitting power, relative direction and location of signal reception, obstructions, etc. I’ll troubleshoot for you step by step. Please rest assured. What is the maximum image transmission distance after several tests flying your aircraft? Please collect the recorded video of the image transmission during the flight for our further confirmation.

Hi Mindy.

Thanks for willing to help with my case.
My apologies for not replying to your message sooner. I was in a two weeks expedition in the forest with no access to internet.

The maximum image transmission distance is very random. After several flight attempts, a couple of time it transmitted from approximately 50 meters, but other times it does not transmit at all from 0 meters distance.

In that video I was literally holding the drone with one hand and the controller with the other hand one facing to the other. The only moment in where there was image transmission the controller was at 10 centimeters from the drone.

Please let me know if you need more videos or anything else from my end.

Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks!
2023-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Marcial Wills Posted at 7-9 13:23
Hi Mindy.

Thanks for the video provided. Please try to refresh the firmware again to see if the issue still exists. https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series If so, we recommend you submit a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-7-10
Use props
Marcial Wills
lvl.2
Costa Rica

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-10 04:56
Thanks for the video provided. Please try to refresh the firmware again to see if the issue still exists. https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series If so, we recommend you submit a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support

Hi Mindy.

I refreshed the firmware but the issue persists.
I have not created the case to send the drone to DJI because I have been interned in the forest working in a project, far away from the city.

I have a quick question for you. I have asked support by chat and in this forum to help me to downgrade the firmware, but no body has replied to that specific request. Is it that the firmware cannot be downgraded without the DJC RC controller? I have a NC-R1 controller, but if needed I can get a friend's RC controller sent to me to get the downgrade done. I am asking this because I have seen posts in other forums saying that they solved this same problem by having the firmware downgrade sent directly to the RC controller by DJI support without having to send them the drone

PD. I am not native english speaker. I hope what I said makes sense.

Regards,
2023-8-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy.

Stuck in the forest is a bad place for RC connection, trees will degrade the signal.
Downgrading the FW is not an option anymore as far as i am aware.
2023-8-20
Use props
Marcial Wills
lvl.2
Costa Rica

Bashy Posted at 8-20 16:22
Stuck in the forest is a bad place for RC connection, trees will degrade the signal.

Thanks for the input.
We are at a high point. I have line of sight to the area that we cover, and also this is the only drone having problems. The other 2 drones in the project are fine.
2023-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Marcial Wills Posted at 8-20 16:10
Hi Mindy.

Please note that only the firmware versions listed on the DJI Assistant can be upgraded or downgraded. If possible, we recommend you test it in a different open area to see if the issue still exists. If so, we still recommend you send it back for further diagnosis.
2023-8-22
Use props
djiuser_z1Bqg5ERLHHF
New

France

Hello all
I have air 3
When i fly, i can’t more than 1km far
Update is ok
Band 2,4 or 5 gh is the same
Anten are ok
What can i do ?
The product is new

Thank you
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_z1Bqg5ERLHHF Posted at 8-23 02:48
Hello all
I have air 3
When i fly, i can’t more than 1km far

Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience. The main factors that affect the image transmission distance are firmware, signal transmitter power, attenuation, obstruction, and electromagnetic interference. Please check the notes below and see if it will help:
1. Check the aircraft image transmission distance in your country.
2. Check if the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update the firmware to the latest versions first.
3. Check the remote controller antenna position. Please place your remote controller antenna in the optimal position.

4. Keep note of tree and house obstructions near the flying field. After flying for a period, note the obstruction near the horizontal line to ensure that there are no visible obstructions in the aircraft's direction.
5. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. Please turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check the real-time channel quality. Or provide a screenshot or a recorded video for us to see significant interference. If the interference is significant, we recommend changing the flight environment. Common electromagnetic interference sources include but are not limited to Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage power lines, high-voltage transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and television broadcasting towers.
If the issue persists after following the steps above, kindly provide us a video of the operation together with the screenshot of the About page showing the RC firmware, Aircraft firmware, and App version. Thank you for your kind understanding and valued support.
2023-8-23
Use props
The_Saint
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2648 ft
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-24 22:26

My mini 2 had exactly the same problems and therefore it crashed beyond repair...
2023-8-26
Use props
The_Saint
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi Mindy.

Stop waiting your time.... They won't help you unless you insured your drone...
2023-8-26
Use props
The_Saint
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Advertises flying your drone through the Trees...  it should not loose connection... Andat a distance of  0 cm i can block the connection by sticking my hand between the drone and the Remote...  ergo... It sucks...
2023-8-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The_Saint Posted at 8-26 11:00
DJI Advertises flying your drone through the Trees...  it should not loose connection... Andat a distance of  0 cm i can block the connection by sticking my hand between the drone and the Remote...  ergo... It sucks...

Youre forgetting 1 important factor, DJI will not advertise anything illegal, therefore, the demo video was done close in, also, the drone didn't stay behind a tree.

FYI, don't stick your hand in front of the controller ;)  Blocking the radio signal will cause issues, i mean, look at previous drones, when someone is flying directly above their position and they come on here complaining about the signal dropping out, what do we always tell them?

The RC signal is LOS, the same as most radio signals, thats why public radio masts as so high, it goes out in a wave, if it hits an obstruction thats going to degrade the signal, thats why there are dead spots, I live surrounded by forest, its bad here for public radio, prob doesn't help me by having an older car mind but it does highlight the issue all the same.
2023-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The_Saint Posted at 8-26 10:54
My mini 2 had exactly the same problems and therefore it crashed beyond repair...

Hi there, we are sorry to know about the accident. We recommend that you start a case through the link below and send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-8-28
Use props
fans64d76018
lvl.1
Flight distance : 369042 ft
Brazil

same problem here... mini 3 pro, same reported firmware version and it just started to present very low RC signal even when the drone is close.

It's weird because started all of a sudden and, since them, I can't fly this drone with confidence anymore. I'm afraid it has burned some internal component but this drone has no incidents whatsoever. Never crashed!
2023-9-26
Use props
djiuser_D9CkJzT2CYAy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3923422 ft
Indonesia

I have the same issue, it happened first on a flight, fortunately it landed with RTH safely, but after that the range of signal is no more thay 1 Meter, I contacted support and they made me upgrade firmwares through laptops but finally they have no idea, they ask me to send it to  a repair center under my cost, because it's 3 months out of of warranty, and I did, I am in SE Asia traveling but in Indonesia they say they can delay up to 3 months in repairing and they sent it back to me as it 8s and they even sent any report on the possible solution, basically they get rid of the problem.

I never crashed the drone or something like that, it's not a cheap drone and as it seems we are some with that issue and they should do something to help us solve the problem and if it's a software issue it's their fault and they should not charge for the repair or replace the faulty unit. I will send a claim again If someone wants to join we can send it together, contact. E through IG @soydonpablo.
2023-10-27
Use props
COFFEE CITY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125243 ft

Vietnam

Marcial Wills Posted at 8-20 16:10
Hi Mindy.

I'm also experiencing the same situation, not only you and me but also many others after updating the new firmware. Even after that I downgraded the firmware but it still happened. To downgrade you need to use the old version of the software on your computer.
2023-12-2
Use props
COFFEE CITY
lvl.1

Vietnam

djiuser_D9CkJzT2CYAy Posted at 10-27 20:32
I have the same issue, it happened first on a flight, fortunately it landed with RTH safely, but after that the range of signal is no more thay 1 Meter, I contacted support and they made me upgrade firmwares through laptops but finally they have no idea, they ask me to send it to  a repair center under my cost, because it's 3 months out of of warranty, and I did, I am in SE Asia traveling but in Indonesia they say they can delay up to 3 months in repairing and they sent it back to me as it 8s and they even sent any report on the possible solution, basically they get rid of the problem.

I never crashed the drone or something like that, it's not a cheap drone and as it seems we are some with that issue and they should do something to help us solve the problem and if it's a software issue it's their fault and they should not charge for the repair or replace the faulty unit. I will send a claim again If someone wants to join we can send it together, contact. E through IG @soydonpablo.

Damned! That's my problem now too! My M3P also just ran out of original warranty, after updating the firmware, it immediately had the same problem as you. Is it possible for firmware to corrupt software? Because I downgraded to the previous firmware, and it still happens, or was the previous firmware changed as well? You're making me start to doubt DJI.
2023-12-2
Use props
COFFEE CITY
lvl.1

Vietnam

fans64d76018 Posted at 9-26 16:46
same problem here... mini 3 pro, same reported firmware version and it just started to present very low RC signal even when the drone is close.

It's weird because started all of a sudden and, since them, I can't fly this drone with confidence anymore. I'm afraid it has burned some internal component but this drone has no incidents whatsoever. Never crashed!

More and more people are having the same problem as me. Now every time before flying I hold the controller close to the plane, then manually switch it to 5.8Ghz. What a nightmare!
2023-12-2
Use props
COFFEE CITY
lvl.1

Vietnam

Which downgrade version? I haven't updated the software on my computer, so the option to downgrade on the software is still there, but to no avail! I've downgraded both the flight and controls, but it still crashes. Are there any reliable downgrades? The new firmware has ruined my confidence! Oh DJI!
2023-12-2
Use props
fanscaa32121
New
Singapore

Hi all, I have a 1 year old mini 3 pro with RC 2 controller and have been having the exact issue the last 2 weeks. It's definitely not a *actual* transmission blocked situation cos my transmitter is RIGHT NEXT to the drone.

I just updated the drone and rc1 firmware to the latest one with the DJI Assistant and to no avail. I still get the same problem.

Now, because it is Christmas and I have some time on my hand, I played with the transmission settings and something I did seems to help - setting transmission signal to manual and selecting 2.4GHz. (Selecting 5GHz doesn't help, it still tells me transmission is being blocked, and neither does selecting AUTO help)

Now it doesn't do the ridiculous thing of telling me that there is something blocking my transmission signals when my rc1 is right next to the drone.

I have not taken it to flight yet - it is raining crazy right now. Will update more when weather is better!
2023-12-24
Use props
fanscaa32121
New
Singapore

djiuser_D9CkJzT2CYAy Posted at 10-27 20:32

I've flew quite a few times with this intermittent transmission problem. What would basically happen is that the RC1 would get the Transmission Blocked error message and my RC1 screen displaying the drone image would go black and white and then the drone would start returning home. Then about 8 seconds later the RC1 would re-establish connection and I would cancel RTH and continue to fly the drone.

Basically the drone wouldn't crash, but I'm just unable to be very productive flying it as it would cancel any ongoing video such as Hyperlapse. Which is very irritating.

In my other post, I mentioned that switching to
1. Manual frequency selection on my RC1
2. Selecting 2.4Ghz

Seems to stabilize the connection.
Haven't tried flying with it yet.

It's quite irritating.
2023-12-24
Use props
Marcial Wills
lvl.2
Costa Rica

It's been a long time I have not been able to fly my drone due to this issue.

I bought the 2yrs care refresh, but DJI does no accept that I send them my drone from my current location out of the US. They require me to ship the drone from within the US, but I cannot go back to the US in the near future because I am working in a project in other country.

I offered to ship the drone from my current location and after they fix it they can return it to my home address in the US. They said No

Bummer
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Marcial Wills Posted at 12-25 09:06
It's been a long time I have not been able to fly my drone due to this issue.

I bought the 2yrs care refresh, but DJI does no accept that I send them my drone from my current location out of the US. They require me to ship the drone from within the US, but I cannot go back to the US in the near future because I am working in a project in other country.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused. You may contact some of your relatives or friends in the US for you to send the unit to them and ask them to contact us to ship the unit to our facility. After the repair process is done, DJI will ship back the unit to your address in the United States. Hope this helps. We appreciate your understanding. Happy holidays!
2023-12-26
Use props
fanscaa32121
New
Singapore

fanscaa32121 Posted at 12-24 22:40
I've flew quite a few times with this intermittent transmission problem. What would basically happen is that the RC1 would get the Transmission Blocked error message and my RC1 screen displaying the drone image would go black and white and then the drone would start returning home. Then about 8 seconds later the RC1 would re-establish connection and I would cancel RTH and continue to fly the drone.

Basically the drone wouldn't crash, but I'm just unable to be very productive flying it as it would cancel any ongoing video such as Hyperlapse. Which is very irritating.

Ok, I've recently managed to fly it with this workaround that I mentioned - switch transmission to manual and set to 2.4GHz band.

It works quite well - I was able to fly it some distance.
Looks like it is a usable workaround for me.
2023-12-31
Use props
budyoke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16129 ft

Indonesia

I have also the same problem, i already downgrade firmware for Rc and DJI Mini 3 pro, each time downgrade 1 version try it. From the latest firmware until 4 level downgrade version, and the problem still exist. But if i connect the DJI Mini 3 pro with DJI Motion Controller 2 and goggle 2 it is normal. Pls DJI team handle this issue soon.. and also firmware to match the RC-N1 using Goggle 2, it was so good to have
2-6 21:42
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

Same issue here on my Mini3pro after firmware update (drone and RC) i need to select 2.4 ghz to have stable reception. What is the probleme?  RC firmware ?
3-21 07:56
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

any solution ?
3-21 08:48
Use props
Marcial Wills
lvl.2
Costa Rica

I had to make use of the warranty/care refresh support.

I sent them the drone, they fixed the connectivity problem and other problems I got after a crahs,..  and they then sent it back to me.

It is working great now
3-21 09:55
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

but i didn't have a crash i have just update firmware
3-21 10:37
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Rud Posted at 3-21 07:56
Same issue here on my Mini3pro after firmware update (drone and RC) i need to select 2.4 ghz to have stable reception. What is the probleme?  RC firmware ?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please tell us more about the issue you experienced when selecting the 2.4 GHz transmission? You may download the DJI Assistant 2 software, install it to your computer, update/refresh the firmware of both aircraft and the remote controller then check if the issue persists. You may download the software using the link below. Please keep us posted.

https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
3-21 20:53
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

Thanks for your response Paladin, I also did all the things you mentioned. If I select dual band, I have to place my RC very close to the mini3pro (10 cm) to have enough signal to deal with the mini3pro. if I uncheck dual band and select 5.8GHz only, same problem, but if I select only 2.4GHz I have strong signal like before
3-22 01:32
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

ok i sent it back to dji again 3 weeks to wait...
3-22 08:21
Use props
Marcial Wills
lvl.2
Costa Rica

Rud Posted at 3-21 10:37
but i didn't have a crash i have just update firmware

Yes.. I am sorry. I did not phrase my answer correctly

What I meant to say is that I was not able to solve the firmware/connectivity problem remotely. If I wanted to fix that the only one resource was to send my drone to DJI for them to fix it... but since I was still able to fly in channel 2.4Hz I decided not send my drone to repain.

It was until many months later that my drone crashed and I had no other option than to send  it to repair, and they fixed both problem the crash and the firmware/connectity issue
3-22 08:34
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules