Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-7 05:40
Yeah, I've heard a few of those stories.  The big advantage to private schools is the student to teacher ration is half of what it is in public schools.  Also, the teacher requirements are more stringent but they do get paid a lot more.

Out of curiosity how big is an average class, here a public school is usually about 30 kids.
2023-7-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-8 01:09
Out of curiosity how big is an average class, here a public school is usually about 30 kids.

By state law the maximum class size is 25 students in public schools.  Private schools usually have 10-12 students per teacher.  Easy to see why some parents prefer to pay out of pocket for private schools as there is so much more 1 on 1 time between student and teacher.  

Average class size in the early 2000s was 18 students per public school class.  So the influx of immigarants and population growth of current residents have increased the class sizes quite a bit.
2023-7-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-8 05:27
By state law the maximum class size is 25 students in public schools.  Private schools usually have 10-12 students per teacher.  Easy to see why some parents prefer to pay out of pocket for private schools as there is so much more 1 on 1 time between student and teacher.  

Average class size in the early 2000s was 18 students per public school class.  So the influx of immigarants and population growth of current residents have increased the class sizes quite a bit.

OK So fairly similar to here as most lessons will have two teachers or a teacher and an assistant.  
2023-7-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-8 23:39
OK So fairly similar to here as most lessons will have two teachers or a teacher and an assistant.

Unfortunately not in the local school district.  There is one teacher per class with no assistants.  Budget cuts took them a few years back.  Now several schools share one Career Counselor instead of one in each school.
2023-7-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-9 05:06
Unfortunately not in the local school district.  There is one teacher per class with no assistants.  Budget cuts took them a few years back.  Now several schools share one Career Counselor instead of one in each school.

I dont know about know,  but when I was at school one of the teachers did the Career Counselor work on top of teaching.
2023-7-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-10 01:49
I dont know about know,  but when I was at school one of the teachers did the Career Counselor work on top of teaching.

That's they way it was when I was in school also.  She was an excellent teacher but only a so-so counselor.  
2023-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules