PH3 Battery Balancing Procedure
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PilotDan
lvl.1
United States

I have a new-old-stock battery that after charging causes the typical "broken cell" error and shows that the cell voltages are out of balance by 0.2v between the highest and lowest cells.

Is there any procedure for invoking a balance on the battery?  I can't find any information about it but it seems like pretty basic functionality for an "intelligent" battery pack...?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

2023-6-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dan. Thank you for reaching out. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for Phantom 3 and its accessories starting January 5, 2023. We’re sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. Hopefully, other users can provide you recommendations about the issue that you're having. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-6-26
Use props
PilotDan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-26 19:43
Hi, Dan. Thank you for reaching out. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for Phantom 3 and its accessories starting January 5, 2023. We’re sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. Hopefully, other users can provide you recommendations about the issue that you're having. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Figured I'd add a response here in case someone came looking --

It appears the PH3 batteries do have a balancer, but it is only enabled while they are powered on.  I was able to get the cells in balance by powering it on before connecting it to the charger, letting it charge until it turned off, waiting a few hours and then repeating 2 more times.
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PilotDan Posted at 7-24 15:27
Figured I'd add a response here in case someone came looking --

It appears the PH3 batteries do have a balancer, but it is only enabled while they are powered on.  I was able to get the cells in balance by powering it on before connecting it to the charger, letting it charge until it turned off, waiting a few hours and then repeating 2 more times.

Thank you for adding this information, hopefully, it will help other users as well with the same inquiry.
2023-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules