Mavic 3 Pro video errors
1437 10 2023-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kraig702
lvl.2
United States

I have the Mavic 3 and the Mavic 3 Pro, my Mavic 3 Pro is having issues playing back 5k videos and I'm also unable to load them into DaVinci, it's saying no media in Davinci Resolve. I can shoot the same video in the same formats with the same sd cards on the Mavic 3 and load it onto the same computer and it works perfectly, but the Mavic 3 pro is not working right for me in 5k, it is also giving me extremely long file names which I now know how to change in the controller settings but this has never happened with any of my other DJI drones from the long file names to the playback issues. Is anyone else having this problem?
2023-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, could you please tell us more details about the issue you encountered? May I ask you failed to playback the video on the remote controller or on your computer? As for the import issue, could you please provide us with a picture to check the error message?
2023-6-27
Use props
kraig702
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-27 02:20
Hi there, could you please tell us more details about the issue you encountered? May I ask you failed to playback the video on the remote controller or on your computer? As for the import issue, could you please provide us with a picture to check the error message?
I just had a client reach out to me and now he is also having this problem with my footage. He can not get video editors to recognize the files. I took them off sd card and put them onto computer, when I put them into daVinci resolve editor they do not work, but when I upload to google drive they play through Google drive, but then I download them to the computer and try to play and edit with daVinci resolve and or final cut and they will not work. Please help
2023-7-7
Use props
kraig702
lvl.2
United States

I ended up having to convert from h.264 to h.265 and this has fixed my issue, but the question is why?
2023-7-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

kraig702 Posted at 7-7 07:32
I just had a client reach out to me and now he is also having this problem with my footage. He can not get video editors to recognize the files. I took them off sd card and put them onto computer, when I put them into daVinci resolve editor they do not work, but when I upload to google drive they play through Google drive, but then I download them to the computer and try to play and edit with daVinci resolve and or final cut and they will not work. Please help

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Did you see any error messages at that time? We saw that your issue has been resolved by changing the coding format, right?
2023-7-8
Use props
kraig702
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-8 00:02
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Did you see any error messages at that time? We saw that your issue has been resolved by changing the coding format, right?

Yeah I fixed it because I spent $80 on a code converter, but why isn’t it working right in the first place, why isn’t 5k footage in h.264 format even an option on the drone if it doesn’t work?
2023-7-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

kraig702 Posted at 7-8 06:31
Yeah I fixed it because I spent $80 on a code converter, but why isn’t it working right in the first place, why isn’t 5k footage in h.264 format even an option on the drone if it doesn’t work?

May I ask if the video recorded is 10-bit H.264? The DaVinci free version does not support 10-bit H.264. We recommend that you try DaVinci Studio/Final Cut/PR for editing.
2023-7-9
Use props
kraig702
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-9 01:25
May I ask if the video recorded is 10-bit H.264? The DaVinci free version does not support 10-bit H.264. We recommend that you try DaVinci Studio/Final Cut/PR for editing.

I’m not using the free version and yes it is 10-bit and also won’t play in GoPro player, QuickTime , and also skips while playing in Elmedia, it’s also not because of my computer as it’s very capable, and it’s not the sd cards either. I don’t know I’m just not going to shoot in mp4 format anymore and when winter arrives and work slows down I’ll probably send it in to be looked at.
2023-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

kraig702 Posted at 7-9 16:13
I’m not using the free version and yes it is 10-bit and also won’t play in GoPro player, QuickTime , and also skips while playing in Elmedia, it’s also not because of my computer as it’s very capable, and it’s not the sd cards either. I don’t know I’m just not going to shoot in mp4 format anymore and when winter arrives and work slows down I’ll probably send it in to be looked at.

If it would be possible, you can test more software. If you need any assistance later, please let us know.
2023-7-9
Use props
djiuser_DWhtJXll0zXZ
lvl.1

Austria

Hi,
I'm having the exact same issue.
Mavic 3 Pro footage, 5.1K resolution, D-LOG, H.264.
I'm also using the paid version of Davinci Resolve.

Why is it not supported for standard DAWs like Davinci or Final Cut pro (which is also not working)?
1-23 09:26
Use props
Felixtm
lvl.1

United States

I'm also having this problem. it used to work fine before but all the 5k clips I just shot are blacked out while the 4k ones shot on the 3x and 7x cameras are all fine.
5k, 24p, d-log h264. tring to import to final cut on a mac studio.

I just tried the adobe media encoder bt it converts the 5k 760mb file into a compressed 45mb version with banding in the sky. not a good solution.
2-22 20:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules