1655 5 2015-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adamastor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 616079 ft

South Africa

Good day DJI

I just did an extensive project where I travelled nearly 2000km in less than a week.
The project required me to travel to at least 4 or 5 different remote sites far from cellular reception.
Flight statistics for the past 10 to 15 days are: 5hr 33min : 59 973m : 54 flights

I experienced no major issues.

What does pain me though, is the fact that I have to power up the remote control to get the Inspire 1 out of and into travel mode.
Sometimes I need to ready the machine but leave the camera not mounted as the area I work in does not always have roads and the surface is very bumpy.
Other times I just need to travel a km or 2 to the next position and then it is nice to put the Inspire 1 in the flight case while travelling - the landing gear of the operational mode machine fits perfectly in some of the resesses of the flight case to travel fully set up with the lid open.
Working from the back of a vehicle and constantly having to power up the remote and the Inspire 1 to change travel mode to mount and take off the camera is a real pain!

Is there no way that you brainy guys can use the optical and sonar sensors to change the travel state?
Something like passing the back of your hand under the sensors 4 times for the machine to rise out of or lower into travel mode?
Even spreading your fingers as if you are showing someone a "4" as in four fingers and waving that below the sensors?
You could even build in a "failsafe" or "latching" state that allows the logic to only go into or out of travel mode after checking the hight of the sensors above the surface and vice versa.

The second thing that really gets me is the fact that even though I "cache" the maps by "looking forward" to my day's work on my iPad mini 2 wi-fi, I have no maps in the field and it tells me "Map loading" even after returning to base. When I open the flight log, I see the maps, but still it says "Map loading".
I would also like to to be able to change the name of the location as generic maps names are not functional for my purpose.

Hope to see DJI do something about these two items soon.

By the way... without waypoint flying (which was promised and I bought my Inspire because of it...) I am getting quite good at flying "free hand"

2015-8-28
Use props
kaaooss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2743143 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Member Wolfman posted this in a topic about cases in the Discuss thread, I know your pain. This could be an answer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H2E2ez38AzY
2015-8-30
Use props
InspireHelp
lvl.2

United States

Storing your Inspire 1 in landing mode will definitely work around this issue. Landing mode cases are pretty large and in charge. It's generally not such an problem unless you're traveling by plane (or you drive a MINI Cooper) though.

Here are some other commonly uses landing mode cases:
http://www.InspireHelp.com/#CasesI1

2015-8-30
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

InspireHelp Posted at 2015-8-30 14:41
Storing your Inspire 1 in landing mode will definitely work around this issue. Landing mode cases ar ...

Are you a DJI moderator as your avatar is not the usual DJI avatar or name.  Please amend if you are a DJI representative so that we on the forum know who is from DJI.

Thanks in advance
2015-8-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-8-30 12:28
Are you a DJI moderator as your avatar is not the usual DJI avatar or name.  Please amend if you a ...

GB44 he is not a Moderator or DJI employee.  
2015-9-5
Use props
chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 242247 ft
United States

Ive been seeing InspireHelp giving some incorrect advise or help on the forum.
2015-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules