Dji Avata freezing video problem
1583 7 2023-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grmi22
lvl.1

France

Since I bought the avata about 8 months ago, I keep having recording issues. I usually do several attempts to make sure I have the proper footage I need. Most of the time the first attempt is the good one and records normally, besides spliting the footage in 2, the recording looks fine.  I would fly with the first battery and then change the battery and do a second flight do get a better footage but most of the time the second footage would freeze for quite a long time and sudenly unfreezes along the way!! Making the footage unusable.
Does anyone encounter the same issue and has a fix for it ? ( besides mounting a gopro )
2023-6-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Grmi22. Sorry for the delayed reply. Can you please send us a video of the freezing issue when it occurs? You may upload your video in Google Drive and then send the link here for us to check. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-7-6
Use props
Grmi22
lvl.1

France

DJI Tony Posted at 7-6 01:48
Hi, Grmi22. Sorry for the delayed reply. Can you please send us a video of the freezing issue when it occurs? You may upload your video in Google Drive and then send the link here for us to check. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.

Here is the link of the video. It happened to me every time on the second attempt after changing the battery. First attempt is usually fine and the second one always freezes like that!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13j8dNYAxI478RcaFVyQ_bsvusrxuPDmu/view?usp=drive_link
2023-7-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Grmi22 Posted at 7-6 12:33
Here is the link of the video. It happened to me every time on the second attempt after changing the battery. First attempt is usually fine and the second one always freezes like that!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13j8dNYAxI478RcaFVyQ_bsvusrxuPDmu/view?usp=drive_link

Thank you for the information. Can you please follow the steps below?
1. Check whether the aircraft firmware and goggles firmware are the latest. If not, update it to the latest versions first. You can upgrade or refresh the firmware by using our DJI Assistant 2 that you can download from dji.com/downloads to your computer.

2. Check whether the aircraft’s flight distance has exceeded the maximum transmission distance of the goggles (normally, the image transmission freezes when the maximum transmission distance of the remote controller or goggles is exceeded).

3. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment such as large metallic objects, Wi-Fi, radio, and Bluetooth frequencies. Please turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check real-time channel quality. If the interference is still significant, we recommend changing the flight environment.

4. Check whether the channel selection is set to Auto in the image transmission settings of the goggles.

5. Check whether the device is too hot.

6. Check whether the original video in the microSD card also has a freezing problem, If it is, we recommend sending the product to DJI for repair.
2023-7-6
Use props
Grmi22
lvl.1

France

DJI Tony Posted at 7-6 20:10
1. Check whether the aircraft firmware and goggles firmware are the latest. If not, update it to the latest versions first. You can upgrade or refresh the firmware by using our DJI Assistant 2 that you can download from dji.com/downloads to your computer.

It seems that everything you mentioned was in order before the flight and even all calibrations were also done! Since the beginning I started using this drone, the first flight is always successful and the video does not freeze on the first attempt but the second flight after changing the battery always freezes regardless of the conditions of the environment ! I will try again but this time i will turn off everything ( remote + goggle's battery ) and change the drone  battery and see if things reset and allow the video to record normally !
2023-7-8
Use props
Grmi22
lvl.1

France

Grmi22 Posted at 7-8 04:13
It seems that everything you mentioned was in order before the flight and even all calibrations were also done! Since the beginning I started using this drone, the first flight is always successful and the video does not freeze on the first attempt but the second flight after changing the battery always freezes regardless of the conditions of the environment ! I will try again but this time i will turn off everything ( remote + goggle's battery ) and change the drone  battery and see if things reset and allow the video to record normally !

Update : I tried again 2 times and I'am getting jerky footage... some parts of the video are freezing again and then footage ok toward the end. I will be sending the drone for repair because It is not reliable! I'am uploading the first footage that recorded fine and then the last one that shows jerky parts / freezings parts and then suddenly recorded ok toward the end so you can look at it if you dont mind and see all the different problems that occurred within the same environment . Thank you

- First link ( the good one that recorded fine ) :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L3_oriiJ5fezoKjkMewRFEmSaeejWGo6/view?usp=sharing

- Second link ( jerky / freezing / then ok towards the end footage )
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G1eH1U3NYnXhKY31efPvOrgfUHCRPUrW/view?usp=sharing
2023-7-8
Use props
Grmi22
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-6 20:10

Little question : I have Dji care refresh. Should I send the drone back under regular warranty ( free ? ) or use my care refresh  ( but i guess i would have to pay a fee )  
2023-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Grmi22 Posted at 7-8 11:34
Little question : I have Dji care refresh. Should I send the drone back under regular warranty ( free ? ) or use my care refresh  ( but i guess i would have to pay a fee )

Hi, Grmi22. You can use the DJI Care Refresh if you would like to replace your aircraft but yes, there would be a replacement fee. But if you're not in a hurry, you can send the drone under regular repair so we can check if it can be covered by the manufacturing warranty (if the aircraft is still within the 1-year warranty). If you want, you can DM me the drone's serial number for me to check if it's still within the 1-year warranty. I'll wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules