No more 'Continue' in Waypoints in Fly 1.10.6 !!!
3209 39 2023-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I went out today to fly one of my saved waypointflights. When the RC Pro was up and running it showed the message that here was a new version of Dji Fly.
Release Notes : "Fixed some issues and optimized overall app quality". So, I installed the new version.

I reviewed the principal settings of the flight and noticed : no more 'Continue'-choice in the setting for what to do on signal loss.

99 % of my flights are waypointflights.
If this is definitive I will just sell all my (8) DJI-drones and look for a new passtime.

I'm not often furious but now I am, in the first place because there is no warning at all in the release notes about the important change and loss of features.

2023-6-28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

This is to stick to the regulations. In theory it's not a problem because you will lose the VLOS before the RC signal.

Loss of VLOS = RTH

Unless you operate in BVLOS in a specific scenario, where indeed, yes it becomes annoying. But in this case a mini 3 may not be suitable.
2023-6-28
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-28 09:15
This is to stick to the regulations. In theory it's not a problem because you will lose the VLOS before the RC signal.

Loss of VLOS = RTH

So why no mentioning of this change in the release notes ?

Anyway this makes my Mavic 3's useless to me. When you can't even fly automatically anymore in an otherwise perfectly safe region but with trees and hilltops that influence your signal, then my drones have no use for me anymore. That sounds dramatic but isn't meant that way. It's just reality.
I can go back to my Mavic 2 Pro's and Litchi but that would mean a diminished picture quality and less features of the flight.
2023-6-28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

PhanFran Posted at 6-28 09:25

Anyway this makes my Mavic 3's useless to me. When you can't even fly automatically anymore in an otherwise perfectly safe region but with trees and hilltops that influence your signal, then my drones have no use for me anymore. That sounds dramatic but isn't meant that way. It's just reality.

DJI has never considered it useful to notify users of major changes, unfortunately this is not going to change today.  

So if we understand correctly, you only operate BVLOS and outside the regulatory framework.  You're right, changing hobbies is a reasonable solution.
2023-6-28
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-28 10:04
DJI has never considered it useful to notify users of major changes, unfortunately this is not going to change today.  

So if we understand correctly, you only operate BVLOS and outside the regulatory framework.  You're right, changing hobbies is a reasonable solution.

OMG, what an excellent example of a biased statement. The only thing i said was that i sometimes need to have the possibilty to continue a WP-flight when there is a short signal loss. That doesn’t say a thing about being VLOS  or BVLOS. I think you need to consider barking at an other tree.
2023-6-28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

PhanFran Posted at 6-28 10:42
OMG, what an excellent example of a biased statement. The only thing i said was that i sometimes need to have the possibilty to continue a WP-flight when there is a short signal loss. That doesn’t say a thing about being VLOS  or BVLOS. I think you need to consider barking at an other tree.

Nobody have never lost signal in VLOS with a drone in optimal conditions. If you lose it, I invite you to send your drone for repair.
But to say that the presence of a tree or a hill cuts off the signal, unless you go behind it...

We interpret what you write. Don't try to divert the conversation, we all understand what you're doing with your drone, unfortunately it's not really the community spirit here.

So yes once again, I understand, the fact that DJI does not communicate is very painful, but in this specific case unless you are an operator who practices in BVLOS, I do not see where the problem is. It is a safety function.
2023-6-28
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't use waypoints often. Could you explain the "continue" function. I'm getting that the issue is that previous to the new firmware (or is it just the app that is updated?) if you had plotted out a course that would take you to a point where you lost signal, the flight would continue through all the waypoints regardless of the lost signal. Is that correct?  I've not known there was any way to actually fly after signal loss without an auto return to home. So one could plot a flight around a small mountain and completely lose connection but it would continue?? And now that is not possible. Do I have that all correct?
2023-6-28
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

digibud Posted at 6-28 11:06
I don't use waypoints often. Could you explain the "continue" function. I'm getting that the issue is that previous to the new firmware if you had plotted out a course that would take you to a point where you lost signal, the flight would continue through all the waypoints regardless of the lost signal. Is that correct?  I've not known there was any way to actually fly after signal loss without an auto return to home. So one could plot a flight around a small mountain and completely lose connection but it would continue?? And now that is not possible. Do I have that all correct?

Yes that is correct.
2023-6-28
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-28 10:54
Nobody have never lost signal in VLOS with a drone in optimal conditions. If you lose it, I invite you to send your drone for repair.
But to say that the presence of a tree or a hill cuts off the signal, unless you go behind it...

Thank you for defining the ‘community spirit’.
2023-6-28
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

PhanFran Posted at 6-28 11:08
Yes that is correct.

thanks for the heads up. I never knew that was possible. I don't know when I might have use of that but will not update for now.
2023-6-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PhanFran. Thank you for reaching out. Let us confirm this with our relevant team, we'll let you know once we receive an update. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could always remove the update and go back to the previous version.
2023-6-28
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

One major thing I have learned while using DJI drones is if your current software setup is working perfect with the drone then NEVER EVER update any part of the system, sneaky additions like this are added and sometimes rollback is not an option, just sold my DJI FPV last week that was running an early firmware with FCC setup, a few days later sold my MP2 this was also running a very early firmware setup with SC the same in FCC mode, advised both buyers to only update if they dont mind the risks involved happening, in other words, if it isnt broke dont fix it, just got my M3 left now and haven't flown that in 14 months so probably sell that next.
2023-6-29
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

I don't know about the full sized Mavics, but I thought that the Mini series relied on 'virtual sticks' control for any automated flight.

In other words, if signal is lost then the virtual sticks control commands cannot be sent to the drone anyway, so continuing an automated mission wouldn't be possible.

Only drones where the whole flight plan it transferred to the drone before the mission starts would be able to continue in the event of signal loss.

Or is that not the case? Is the virtual stiicks control limitation just part of the SDK for 3rd party developers/apps and official DJI apps are able to send fully autonomous missions that are supported directly in the drone...
2023-6-29
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

No Original Thought Posted at 6-29 01:29
I don't know about the full sized Mavics, but I thought that the Mini series relied on 'virtual sticks' control for any automated flight.

In other words, if signal is lost then the virtual sticks control commands cannot be sent to the drone anyway, so continuing an automated mission wouldn't be possible.

You atre right: with 'virtual sticks' youy need constant connection with the aircraft.
Mavic 3 has no 3rd party apps that can be used for WP-flights as it's SDK has not been (and probably will never be) released.
2023-6-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PhanFran. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. Upon testing with the 1.10.6 App version, they didn't encounter the same issue. They also checked that the RC Pro built-in APP version is still a 1.10.0 version. Can you please confirm if you update the app manually to version 1.10.6? If so, please provide us with the operation video, app log, exact test date, and time for further checking. Thank you.  Below are the steps on how to get the app logs from the DJI RC Pro:
1. Power on the remote controller.
2. Connect one end of a USB-C cable to the USB-C port at the bottom of the DJI RC Pro remote controller, and connect the other end to the computer
3. Find the disk named “DJI RC Pro” in the hard disk root directory.
4. Double click and open the “internal shared storage”, and follow the path “Internal Storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG” to find the app log file folder, and copy the entire folder to DJI.
2023-6-29
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-29 07:56
Hi, PhanFran. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. Upon testing with the 1.10.6 App version, they didn't encounter the same issue. They also checked that the RC Pro built-in APP version is still a 1.10.0 version. Can you please confirm if you update the app manually to version 1.10.6? If so, please provide us with the operation video, app log, exact test date, and time for further checking. Thank you.  Below are the steps on how to get the app logs from the DJI RC Pro:
1. Power on the remote controller.
2. Connect one end of a USB-C cable to the USB-C port at the bottom of the DJI RC Pro remote controller, and connect the other end to the computer

Hey Gamora,

I will try to send you the folder to you guys but it is 122 mb large so I will have to use wetransfer.
Here some pictures that show the version of the app on my RC Pro and the choices for signal loss.
2023-6-29
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7965640 ft
  • >>>
United States

MY RC Pro is on 1.10.6 and i have the "CONTINUE" option still.

2023-6-30
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

fdnyfish Posted at 6-30 09:40
MY RC Pro is on 1.10.6 and i have the "CONTINUE" option still.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Thank You for the update. this means that there is something different with my RC Pro or with my Fly 1.10,6...
Problem is : i'm an IOS-guy and not at all familiar with android. Have to look for solutions to reinstall Dji Fly.
2023-6-30
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

fdnyfish Posted at 6-30 09:40
MY RC Pro is on 1.10.6 and i have the "CONTINUE" option still.
[view_image]
[view_image]

I did a reset to factory on the RC Pro and so got back to version 1.10 of Dji Fly. “Continue” is back. Wil try  to install 1.10.6 again but strangely the RcPro  doesn’t tell me there is an update available.
2023-7-1
Use props
Marion M
lvl.1
United States

@DAFlys
Can you tell me how to revert back to the previous version of DJI Fly?

I'm having trouble with the new version 1.10.6 on my iPhone 8 Plus and it keeps losing connection to the remote.  Is anyone else have this issue?
2023-7-8
Use props
Harmls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3985705 ft
Netherlands

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-28 10:54

I have flying spots where the signal after 150 meters is gone and the drone does an RTH. Fairly open terrain but there are people who have an illegal jammer. I fly with a DJI Mini 3 Pro and with a DJI Air 3. The fact that the DJI Air 3 loses the signal so quickly is not good.
2023-8-28
Use props
Harmls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3985705 ft
Netherlands

In the manual page 40

When using Waypoints Flight in the EU. the behavior of the aircraft when the remote controller signal is lost cannot be set to Continue.

It's a European law you must alway have control

:-(
2023-9-2
Use props
djiuser_pwahflv8U6c7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2082251 ft
Netherlands

PhanFran Posted at 6-28 09:25

I have the same issue
2023-12-3
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

get the last firmware set on ot.  thats not that difficult to reinstall last firmware pad.  
2023-12-4
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

digibud Posted at 6-28 11:16
thanks for the heads up. I never knew that was possible. I don't know when I might have use of that but will not update for now.

theres literally no point in waypoints without continue.  lol.  this company keeps getting worse an worse.  its not regulations either.   
2023-12-4
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

a factory reset does not get rid of it on mine.  this is a glitch, dji can fix it.  should not rth.  its the users choice.  its not djis business, just like its not their business if someone exceeds a speed limit with car from there.  anyway.  i think its glitch.  @dji.  this is a safety issue.  people who acutlly use wp an plan, need the funtionality.  there is no predicting when interference or signal loss. this can happen right in front of you.   
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Due to EU regulations, there is no "Continue" option at Signal Lost behavior for the Waypoint function from DJI Fly v1.11.0.  We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-12-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-4 06:49
a factory reset does not get rid of it on mine.  this is a glitch, dji can fix it.  should not rth.  its the users choice.  its not djis business, just like its not their business if someone exceeds a speed limit with car from there.  anyway.  i think its glitch.  @dji.  this is a safety issue.  people who acutlly use wp an plan, need the funtionality.  there is no predicting when interference or signal loss. this can happen right in front of you.

Hi there. We do apologize if you are having issues related to the post. Please confirm what specific drone and remote controller are you using so we can assist you further. In addition, does the issue occurs after firmare update or app update? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-12-5
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-5 04:10
Hi there. We do apologize if you are having issues related to the post. Please confirm what specific drone and remote controller are you using so we can assist you further. In addition, does the issue occurs after firmare update or app update? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I am using the mavic 3 cine and the RC pro.  The controller I have was a recently replaced one.  Through dji.  This controller does not even list the mavic 3 cine in it anymore.  

I did not notice a difference in flight software until I read the post here.  So the first thing I did was flash the controller, an it did not fix the problem.

When waypoints was first added it had continue.  When it switched to what it is now, I don't know.  I suspect the replaced controller has to do with is.  
2023-12-5
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-5 06:19
I am using the mavic 3 cine and the RC pro.  The controller I have was a recently replaced one.  Through dji.  This controller does not even list the mavic 3 cine in it anymore.  

I did not notice a difference in flight software until I read the post here.  So the first thing I did was flash the controller, an it did not fix the problem.

Install the latest Fly.
2023-12-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-5 06:19
I am using the mavic 3 cine and the RC pro.  The controller I have was a recently replaced one.  Through dji.  This controller does not even list the mavic 3 cine in it anymore.  

Thank you for your response. Kindly please make sure to update the DJI Fly app on your DJI RC Pro to the latest version. DJI RC Pro has two ways to update/upgrade the built-in DJI Fly App, there are two ways as follow:

1. When the DJI RC Pro is connected to the Internet (connected with Wifi), enter the DJI Fly App, click [Profile] - [Settings] - [About] - [Check For Updates] to detect the latest version of the app and update it. The screenshots of the specific steps are as follows:

2. Download the installation package (apk file) through the computer and directly connect the RC Pro to the computer through a type-C cable or use the SD card method and transfer it to the RC Pro, and find the corresponding installation package file for installation.

1) Download the APK file (for Android) from the official DJI website
2) Move the file to the root directory of the SD card; or connect the RC Pro to the computer via a type-C cable and move it to the built-in storage of the RC Pro.
3) Enter the corresponding path through the RC Pro file manager (named "Files" on RC Pro) , find the apk file, and click the file to install.

If you use an SD card, please first select the path as SD card in the file manager, and then find the corresponding apk file:

4) Click the file to update/upgrade (the update in this way will cover the original App version and the original data will not be lost)
2023-12-7
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-7 02:01
Thank you for your response. Kindly please make sure to update the DJI Fly app on your DJI RC Pro to the latest version. DJI RC Pro has two ways to update/upgrade the built-in DJI Fly App, there are two ways as follow:

1. When the DJI RC Pro is connected to the Internet (connected with Wifi), enter the DJI Fly App, click  - [Settings] - [About] - [Check For Updates] to detect the latest version of the app and update it. The screenshots of the specific steps are as follows:

I went through an updated the controller an drone.  One thing that still stands is my controller no longer has "mavic 3 cine" in it.  The one I sent in for repair did.

And waypoints is still missing the continue option.

Should I send it back in?  My controller is out of factory warranty, is there a way that this could be covered under warranty?  

Direct message me if you would like.  Thanks you.  
2023-12-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-7 06:26
I went through an updated the controller an drone.  One thing that still stands is my controller no longer has "mavic 3 cine" in it.  The one I sent in for repair did.

Did you update the just controller? Or the Fly app also?
2023-12-7
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-7 06:53
Did you update the just controller? Or the Fly app also?

Everything, drone , app, controller.  
2023-12-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-7 06:26
I went through an updated the controller an drone.  One thing that still stands is my controller no longer has "mavic 3 cine" in it.  The one I sent in for repair did.

Thank you for your response. Could you please upload a short video showing the issue and send the link here so we can check? You may upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube. We appreciate your cooperation.
2023-12-10
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-10 06:18
Thank you for your response. Could you please upload a short video showing the issue and send the link here so we can check? You may upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube. We appreciate your cooperation.

Sure I will make a quick video by the days end.  Thanks for the reply.  
2023-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-10 06:48
Sure I will make a quick video by the days end.  Thanks for the reply.

You're welcome. Please keep us posted with the video once available. Thank you.
2023-12-11
Use props
fansdbb2991d
lvl.2
United States

Tony64 Posted at 6-29 00:09
One major thing I have learned while using DJI drones is if your current software setup is working perfect with the drone then NEVER EVER update any part of the system, sneaky additions like this are added and sometimes rollback is not an option, just sold my DJI FPV last week that was running an early firmware with FCC setup, a few days later sold my MP2 this was also running a very early firmware setup with SC the same in FCC mode, advised both buyers to only update if they dont mind the risks involved happening, in other words, if it isnt broke dont fix it, just got my M3 left now and haven't flown that in 14 months so probably sell that next.

Amen! Never, never, never update when things are going well. If DJI didn't make the best hardware, I would switch vendors. I write most of my own software, so I don't have to fly the way that DJI wants me to fly, but please don't tell the Drone police.
2023-12-12
Use props
Zitlo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1767136 ft
Spain

The key concern isn't that DJI discontinued this feature in accordance with EU regulations; rather, it's that this change was not clearly communicated in the release notes. It appears to have been enacted covertly, putting the customers at a disadvantage. This approach, unfortunately, has significantly diminished my respect and trust for DJI. Henceforth, I will seriously reconsider any future purchases of their products.
1-3 06:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules