“Flight Record Storage Limit” question(s)
828 9 2023-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9df1eb6c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6975486 ft
Canada

“Flight Record Storage Limit”....

Please forgive me if this has been hashed out elsewhere, but I’m looking to get some clarity on my setup for a better understanding of the process at hand.

I’m working with two DJI RC’s, one for my Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Classic, and another RC for my new Mavic 3 Pro.
Originally when I began with the Mini 3 Pro I worked with the RN1 (which I know longer use) and iPhone.

Since the M3 Classic, I’ve moved the Mini3P onto the RC that came with the Classic.
The RC that came with the Mavic 3 Pro serves _just_ the Mavic 3Pro.

Now about the flightlogs.

1- I have AirData on the iPhone which I use to synchronize with the DJI Fly app AFTER I’ve uploaded from whichever RC was used for a flight.
2- I then sync my AirData (on the iPhone).

Of late, I’m getting that Flight Record Storage Limit Reached message when flying.

a- Am I to understand that if I’m out and don’t have wifi, the older flight records will be deleted to make room for the new ones?

b- And then when I do connect to wifi to upload, generally once home, the older flight records from the other RC and/or on my iPhone will REpopulate to the RC I just finished uploading from?

c- And will what I’ve already uploaded to the cloud (my older files) will also repopulate to the RC I next use?

And finally, my flight records will remain on DJI’s servers regardless of what I do with whichever controller I’m using. If I wipe out the records locally on the controller, they’ll remain on the servers so long as I log into the same account used to upload.

And final to the final lol, would I be better served to simply move all three drones to just one RC?

Thanks in advance….

2023-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Regarding the "Flight Record Storage Limit Reached", this prompt is not an error message, it is a reminder that is mainly to remind you to upload the flight records. If you want to dismiss the prompt, after ensuring that the flight records are uploaded to the cloud, manually clear the flight record cache; or connect the DJI RC to Internet. If the flight records are successfully synchronized to the server, the prompt stops showing up. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-28 19:04
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Regarding the "Flight Record Storage Limit Reached", this prompt is not an error message, it is a reminder that is mainly to remind you to upload the flight records. If you want to dismiss the prompt, after ensuring that the flight records are uploaded to the cloud, manually clear the flight record cache; or connect the DJI RC to Internet. If the flight records are successfully synchronized to the server, the prompt stops showing up. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi Paladin,

sure about what you are writing??

Sync the logs with DJI does not remove them from the RC storage!
So the prompt "Flight Record Storage Limit" does say that the disk space to store logs is getting full....

If you are right that do change this message prompt to a better prompt wich adress the missing sync action.....

The RC has limited capacity to store flightlogs!  

Last RC Firmware update i had to remove flightlogs from the RC to make more free space to get the firmware installed!

cheers
JJB

2023-6-28
Use props
fans9df1eb6c
lvl.2
Canada

Clearing my reply to repost accordingly.
2023-6-29
Use props
fans9df1eb6c
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-28 19:04

Appreciate that, thanks, but to be more specific, c
an you respond to my questions contained within my post, specifically:

a- Am I to understand that if I’m out and don’t have wifi, the older flight records will be deleted to make room for the new ones?

b- And then when I do connect to wifi to upload, generally once home, the older flight records from the other RC and/or on my iPhone will REpopulate to the RC I just finished uploading from?

c- And will what I’ve already uploaded to the cloud (my older files) will also repopulate to the RC I next use?

And finally, my flight records will remain on DJI’s servers regardless of what I do with whichever controller I’m using. If I wipe out the records locally on the controller, they’ll remain on the servers so long as I log into the same account used to upload.

And final to the final lol, would I be better served to simply move all three drones to just one RC?

Thanks again,
2023-6-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With regards to b-  
Bear in mind that I do not have a DJI RC but, in the Fly App on an Android phone, it is possible to list the various drones that have flight logs stored in the App's file system. I would imagine the FLY app on the DJI RC can do the same thing.
On a phone not only can the App show the various drones represented but it can list the flight logs for a chosen drone. I use that feature to 'separate out' my flight logs prior to moving them to computer i.e. In the App I display all the logs belonging to drone "A" then, looking at the phone via computer, I find those logs and move them to drone A's folder on the computer.
I then do the same thing for drone "B" etc. etc.
Over all and with regard to downloading 'missing' logs from DJI, your description of what syncing does matches my extremely limited experience of syncing. I have seen very old logs reappear.

To be honest I have the impression that I have, after the fact, noticed the reappearance of Go & Go4 App logs after doing a sync in the Fly app but I think my recollection of the process used is mistaken. Whilst I have certainly had Go & Go4 App logs reappear it may be that I synced those Apps as well as Fly and then moved the Go & Go4 logs, via computer and for reasons no longer remembered, from Go & Go4 to Fly.
2023-6-29
Use props
fans9df1eb6c
lvl.2
Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-29 05:33
With regards to b-  
Bear in mind that I do not have a DJI RC but, in the Fly App on an Android phone, it is possible to list the various drones that have flight logs stored in the App's file system. I would imagine the FLY app on the DJI RC can do the same thing.
On a phone not only can the App show the various drones represented but it can list the flight logs for a chosen drone. I use that feature to 'separate out' my flight logs prior to moving them to computer i.e. In the App I display all the logs belonging to drone "A" then, looking at the phone via computer, I find those logs and move them to drone A's folder on the computer.

Much appreciate that. I'll have a look on my iPhones' Fly App and the on the two RC as well.

I do drag everything over onto my mac once every week or two when I have doubts which also get's Backblazed just as an added precaution.

But at the rate I'm going, it would be good to streamline my workflow and would certainly help to have a clarity when multiple controllers are in play (individually of course).

If I move all 3 drones to one RC, I'll still rely on my iPhone to sync AirData which allows me to review each log should I need to.

Then the question will become... "Will I still get reminders, and how often will I need to clear my flightlog cache on the RC if it continues to REpopulates with older files?"

Again, having clarity is paramount for me in order to feel confident about my workflow.
2023-6-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans9df1eb6c Posted at 6-29 06:06
Much appreciate that. I'll have a look on my iPhones' Fly App and the on the two RC as well.

I do drag everything over onto my mac once every week or two when I have doubts which also get's Backblazed just as an added precaution.

HI,

I always copy my flightlogs to my computer, connected via usb-c cable
When there are about 20 logs on the RC, i delete them from the RC.
So never have a error that the RC is too full.

Video recording are saved on the SD card.

cheers
JJB

2023-6-29
Use props
fans9df1eb6c
lvl.2
Canada

I'll consider this closed for now.

- Cleared caches on 2 RC Controllers after syncing to the cloud.
- Fly App shows the new logs on my iPhone.
- AirData synced to backup/update
-Will Continue to copy files from iPhone to Mac for further backing up by dragging the "FlightRecords" folder into dedicated folder on the mac.

- And have moved my M3C to same (newer) controller as the Mavic 3 Pro and keep my older RC as a spare backup with the Mini3Pro on it, but will it repopulate with all the files??? We'll see, that's yet to be answered/resolved.

Sheeesh...don't think I've missed anything. lol

Will monitor to watch for repopulation of files should that happen and see if I need to revisit.

Cheers
2023-6-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JJB* Posted at 6-28 23:37
Hi Paladin,

sure about what you are writing??

Hello, JJB. We appreciate your response. We will coordinate this feedback of yours to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and valued support. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules