948 3 2023-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Darryl Severn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91490 ft

Australia

2nd attempt to post...

We are new to the Inspire 2 and hiding the FPV window on the 2nd controller is something we are struggling with. We have the primary controller set up for the pilot and the 2nd for the videographer. An  Android tablet on the primary and Android phone on the 2nd.

The videographer obviously needs to see the main camera image, but the FPV window stays stubbornly over the top of it in the middle of the screen. On the tablet whennthe FPV is minimised it shrinks down to the bottom right, but not on the phone.

Any ideas what we are missing? Until we get this sorted it's difficult to get usable footage as we can't properly see what we are shooting.

Thanks,
Darryl
2023-6-28
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Im trying to remember off the top of my head, but there should be a button you can set as a shortcut to bring the FPV/map view from picture-in-picture in the center of the screen to one thats just in the lower left or right hand corner.

Once its down in the corner you should be able to toggle to full screen picture from the main camera by swiping up on the screen (start swiping from somewhere in the middle of the screen, not right at the bottom).

Ill check for sure when I get home later, but Ive never had a problem where the FPV is stuck being most of whats showing on the second controller.
2023-6-29
Use props
Darryl Severn
lvl.2

Australia

Mike9129 Posted at 6-29 02:52
Im trying to remember off the top of my head, but there should be a button you can set as a shortcut to bring the FPV/map view from picture-in-picture in the center of the screen to one thats just in the lower left or right hand corner.

Once its down in the corner you should be able to toggle to full screen picture from the main camera by swiping up on the screen (start swiping from somewhere in the middle of the screen, not right at the bottom).

Thanks for your help Mike. I also have a suspicion that being on a phone rather than a tablet is part of the problem. I think I will buy a cheap tablet tomorrow that will be dedicated to that drone and see if that makes a difference.
2023-6-29
Use props
Darryl Severn
lvl.2

Australia

Darryl Severn Posted at 6-29 03:15
Thanks for your help Mike. I also have a suspicion that being on a phone rather than a tablet is part of the problem. I think I will buy a cheap tablet tomorrow that will be dedicated to that drone and see if that makes a difference.

I now have a 2nd 10.1" tablet and all the problems are solved. It just doesn't seem to like setting a phone up in the secondary role.

I didn't have to configure anything to get the display working, and the joysticks now do both yaw and pitch on the gimbal whereas before we only had yaw. Not sure why changing the display effected the joystick controls, but it did.

Thanks for your assistance Mike.

Darryl
2023-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules