Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

nightfly Posted at 7-1 16:48
there is a leaked pic now

Na,too early for a mini 4 release as they are still working on releasing the Air 3.
2023-7-1
Use props
AroundTheWorldz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220367 ft
France

As I expected, the value of the Classic has considerably dropped. You can now find it where I live for 1000 euros. That's 750 euros cheaper than a few days ago... So at that price, it could be interesting for those who are interested.
2023-7-4
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6224147 ft
Germany

As for the cameras, it seems to me a 1" sensor with one of the M3P telephotos. Not sure which
2023-7-5
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

nightfly Posted at 7-1 16:51
nobody knows but it will be "better" than air 3
pro is now triple camera so...

And Air 4 should be better again. I want to see final specs of Air 3 (and RC2 as I do not own DJI RC) and then I can decide if it is worth of upgrade...
2023-7-5
Use props
AroundTheWorldz
lvl.2
France

Weirdly, RC2 seems to be sold in fly more combo only.
2023-7-5
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

fable Posted at 7-5 01:11
As for the cameras, it seems to me a 1" sensor with one of the M3P telephotos. Not sure which

Hope its at least a 1" sensor and not what is on the mini 3 pro.I have visions of it having a
somewhat smaller sensor along with the 166mm 7x half inch sensor on the second camera.
To keep the weight down under 500grams.The 3x 70mm second camera would sure be nice.
2023-7-5
Use props
TechOps
lvl.2
Flight distance : 443583 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where is the link?
2023-7-5
Use props
Whatever_12
lvl.3
Flight distance : 354639 ft
Poland

It looks like no side sensors.
2023-7-6
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like it's ready to ship...let's go DJI
IMG_0004.png
2023-7-6
Use props
JmsWms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3344603 ft
United States

Whatever_12 Posted at 7-6 03:36
It looks like no side sensors.

The front and back sensors cover both front/rear, as well as side. Pretty much the same as Mavic 3.
2023-7-6
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Mastoras Posted at 7-6 04:16
Looks like it's ready to ship...let's go DJI

The Air 3 along with the two new controllers hit the FCC filings today.should be getting close now.
2023-7-6
Use props
waynepj3gmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Will it charge with USB-C?? Any details on flight time and camera specs? If I sell my mini 3 pro and Mavic 3 I should be able to get the Air 3 with zero new dollars out of pocket. Call it a drone consolidation program.
2023-7-6
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

virtual Posted at 6-29 08:09
Not sure if I need dual camera but I like the new drone and upgraded RC2! Looking forward to see more details...

Me too,
I understand the RC2 update with the external antenas to mitigate the tranmission issues with the original, but looking at the N2 controller which has no external revision, I wonder if a new transmission system like O4 will be released making the very expensive RC PRO obsolete.
I was kind of hoping that we could purchase the new RC2 standalone like we do with the RC controller to use with the Mavic 3 family.

Perhaps O3 Pro like the one on the new Inspire 3?
It's so hard to keep up with tech!

-FC
2023-7-6
Use props
Andre vd Weide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

find this on fccid.io site
2023-7-7
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

not a leak but a fake pic
2023-7-10
Use props
Jake Andrew
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Starting at....
2023-7-11
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

As nice as this is, I just purchased the Air2s in January and have no intention of moth balling mine at all or selling it.  I love mine, even if the Air 3 is superior in a lot ways.  I just can't justify the cost of another drone at this time.  I am going to estimate the cost of this around $1200 and I have a huge investment in a case, extra pros, a case and most of all lot of batteries.  The Air2s does everything that I ask it to do.   
2023-7-11
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No 1 inch sensor. Not an upgrade. DJI Missed on this one.
2023-7-11
Use props
AroundTheWorldz
lvl.2
France

I saw leaks of the official page describing the Air 3:

The drone will have

- 2 cameras: A wide angle camera with an aperture of f/1.7 and a 3x Medium Tele Camera with an aperture of f/2.8, both working on a 1/1.3-inch-CMOS sensor as we saw recently.

- 2.7K Vertical Shooting on both cameras

- 4K 60 FPS on both cameras

- 4K 100 FPS Slow motion

- 10-bit D-Log M and 10-bit HLG color modes on both cameras

- 48 MP Photos on both cameras

- Quickshots / Mastershots, Night Mode

- Omnidirectional sensors

- 46 Minutes flight time

- Occusync O4 Transmission system providing a range of 20 kilometers and a 1080p 60 fps live feed.

- Spotlight 2.0

- Active track 5.0

- Point of interest 3.0

I can send the leaks here if it's allowed.
2023-7-12
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

"nice" move from 1" sensor size in Air 2s to 1/1.3" in Air 3
maybe the 3pro will have a 1/2" size as in Air 2
2023-7-12
Use props
AroundTheWorldz
lvl.2
France

nightfly Posted at 7-12 01:34

Knowing DJI, I  could bet that the 1 inch sensor will be reserved for the Air 3S
2023-7-12
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

DubSound Posted at 7-11 23:07
No 1 inch sensor. Not an upgrade. DJI Missed on this one.

I dont know about that,it may surprise people.
2023-7-12
Use props
FL1111
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1267972 ft

United States

I am really hoping they have some IOS SDK ready to go.
2023-7-12
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

nightfly Posted at 7-12 01:34

As the image sensor was great upgrade for Air 2S, smaller and not very atractive sensor (I don't like 48 Mpix "fake" resolution) for Air 3 sounds like a fail to me...
2023-7-12
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

virtual Posted at 7-12 08:54
As the image sensor was great upgrade for Air 2S, smaller and not very atractive sensor (I don't like 48 Mpix "fake" resolution) for Air 3 sounds like a fail to me...

I am not so sure that it will be a failure.DJI just does not do stuff like that.
The Air 3 has not even been released,and with no reviews on it.And
already it is being written off,trashed and being beaten up on.lol.
I guess some things never change.Just watch after its been out a while
and has some time to mature,the sales will be through the roof,maybe this
part can be laughed at but it is true.46 MINUTE BATTERY LIFE , sounds terrible.
In the end the Air 3 is an important release,they had to start somewhere with a
Dual camera setup,so they can build off of that.When or if an Air3S < I am going to
say it probably will happen,then it will have the probable 1" main camera and a 1.1.3
tele. second camera.Forgot O4 transmission in the Air 3 , what a bummer.
2023-7-12
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Freetime Posted at 7-12 09:29
I am not so sure that it will be a failure.DJI just does not do stuff like that.
The Air 3 has not even been released,and with no reviews on it.And
already it is being written off,trashed and being beaten up on.lol.

True. There are no official specs, no reviews. But sensor size and aperture are very important for camera drone IMPOV while zoom or vertical shooting is not that important for me...
I like the other upgrades but if the main sensor is smaller then Air 2S I would wait for reviews a consider spending on Air 3 thoroughly.
2023-7-12
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

Disappointed with the lack of 1" sensor. I was primed to 'upgrade' from my Air 2S which I've had since launch, but will now wait.

It's a shame, but DJI seem to have compromised on every release of late. Mavic 3 - released way too early and long teething problems from launch, Mavic 3 classic - compromised camera (for me anyway), Mavic 3 Pro - too heavy even with certification in some regions, and now the Air 3 with this. I get there are improvements elsewhere, but I'll be waiting for the Air 3S and in the meantime happily enjoy extending the life of my 2S and it's many accessories
2023-7-12
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Red Zeppelin Posted at 7-12 23:33
Disappointed with the lack of 1" sensor. I was primed to 'upgrade' from my Air 2S which I've had since launch, but will now wait.

It's a shame, but DJI seem to have compromised on every release of late. Mavic 3 - released way too early and long teething problems from launch, Mavic 3 classic - compromised camera (for me anyway), Mavic 3 Pro - too heavy even with certification in some regions, and now the Air 3 with this. I get there are improvements elsewhere, but I'll be waiting for the Air 3S and in the meantime happily enjoy extending the life of my 2S and it's many accessories

Its not even known if there ever will be an Air 3s.Nothing is certain.The new sensors will end up
being on par,if not better than a 1" sensor,after all it is updated current technology.And in my books
with all the other improvements made,this is a major upgrade.i would assume the 1/1.3 sensors in
the Air 3 will have been improved and should not be compared to a what is in the mini 3 pro that has
the same size sensor,that is  already a year old. Technology advances a lot in only 1 year.
2023-7-13
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

Freetime Posted at 7-13 03:46
Its not even known if there ever will be an Air 3s.Nothing is certain.The new sensors will end up
being on par,if not better than a 1" sensor,after all it is updated current technology.And in my books
with all the other improvements made,this is a major upgrade.i would assume the 1/1.3 sensors in

I guess we'll see. You only have to look at DJI's recent timelines to see how they either improve on an option (M3 Pro) or remove features for a cheaper alternative (Classic). I'd say the demand for a 1" sensor  version of the Air 3 is already there judging by reactions online to the 1/1.3 revelation.

I don't think I'm the only one skipping this offering after the spec reveal, but let's see how real world (not paid influencers) react to it when it's put through some genuine testing. Happy to be proved wrong, but as it stands, not for me.
2023-7-13
Use props
Drone332
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295121 ft
Greece

Hi everyone! I want to get my first drone for awesome videos while I travel. I have decided on the DJI Mini 3 Pro and can't decide which remote to get (RCN1 or RC) You guys are the pros and I wanted some feedback. Thank you!!!

I have already done a lot research on this topic and I am leaning towards the RC purely because it is newer. I have an Iphone 13 pro which is what I would use if I got the rcn1. Thanks in advance for all the feedback!!!
2023-7-13
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Might tempt me to part ways with my Mav Pro 2, although it’s not worth much now. Would sit along side my Mini 3 Pro well.
2023-7-13
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Red Zeppelin Posted at 7-13 05:58
I guess we'll see. You only have to look at DJI's recent timelines to see how they either improve on an option (M3 Pro) or remove features for a cheaper alternative (Classic). I'd say the demand for a 1" sensor  version of the Air 3 is already there judging by reactions online to the 1/1.3 revelation.

I don't think I'm the only one skipping this offering after the spec reveal, but let's see how real world (not paid influencers) react to it when it's put through some genuine testing. Happy to be proved wrong, but as it stands, not for me.

Exactly my feeling from this situation. I like other upgrades (like OA, O4 or flight time), I like DJI RC 2 but lower quality image sensor is (very likely) dealbreaker for me...
2023-7-14
Use props
djiuser_H0dlEhFSagEc
lvl.1

Spain

AroundTheWorldz Posted at 7-12 02:27
Knowing DJI, I  could bet that the 1 inch sensor will be reserved for the Air 3S

Nop, you are wrong, the 1 inch sensor will mounted in the 3ª version, the Air 3 Classic......
2023-7-16
Use props
djiuser_H0dlEhFSagEc
lvl.1

Spain

And why not an Air 3, with the Mavic 3 Classic camera ? 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad Camera with 20 MP.
Probably the weight of this camera is lighter than the one in the new Air 3. And with a 1,333 inch sensor
2023-7-16
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

virtual Posted at 7-14 01:09
Exactly my feeling from this situation. I like other upgrades (like OA, O4 or flight time), I like DJI RC 2 but lower quality image sensor is (very likely) dealbreaker for me...

No one know yet how good the new sensors will in the Air 3.But I don't think I would call it a
lower quality camera sensor by any means.All we need is a release date for the Air 3,last I heard
it could happen on July 25th,according to dronexl.
2023-7-16
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Freetime Posted at 7-16 08:50
No one know yet how good the new sensors will in the Air 3.But I don't think I would call it a
lower quality camera sensor by any means.All we need is a release date for the Air 3,last I heard
it could happen on July 25th,according to dronexl.

Funny thing is and using the mavic 3 pro as an example.I do not hear anyone crying about the 3X camera
performance in that drone,which has a 1/1.3 sensor.So I think the Air 3 main camera being the same size
in camera sensor will only be better yet.The Air 3 will end up being a great upgrade,and yes including the
camera.
2023-7-16
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

AroundTheWorldz Posted at 6-30 04:29
Not in such a short time and even less considering that the Air 3 is a direct competitor to the Mavic 3 Classic and that we thought DJI would skip the Air 3 not to kill sales of the Classic.
If they want to disrespect customers who spent thousands of euros and reduce cycles between drones they should at least offer a program to give us the opportunity to swap drones.

Well? Do you still think you would like to swap the drones?

You see... You were worried about nothing... The Air 3 is just a fat Mini 3 Pro with a fan and an extra lens...
2023-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules