Mavic 3 Pro Avoidance Sensors - Sensitivity Adjustment?
1303 7 2023-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OlBigJon
lvl.3
United States

Just upgraded from Air2S to M3 Pro - the obstacle avoidance sensors seem a lot more sensitive and space restrictive than the Air 2S.  Any way to loosen up sensitivity without completely disabling?

2023-6-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic 3 Pro can detect obstacles in all directions with extreme precision. Multiple sensing cameras with a wider range of detection help Mavic 3 Pro respond to obstacles earlier. In a well-lit environment, Mavic 3 Pro can avoid obstacles faster and more smoothly, capturing stable footage safely even when flying laterally or backward. We don't have an option to lower the obstacle avoidance detection but we can set it as Bypass, Brake, or Off. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-29
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-29 17:28
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic 3 Pro can detect obstacles in all directions with extreme precision. Multiple sensing cameras with a wider range of detection help Mavic 3 Pro respond to obstacles earlier. In a well-lit environment, Mavic 3 Pro can avoid obstacles faster and more smoothly, capturing stable footage safely even when flying laterally or backward. We don't have an option to lower the obstacle avoidance detection but we can set it as Bypass, Brake, or Off. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Your Facebook Official Group admins are racists. Get it checked if you can.
2023-6-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Set the OA to bypass then select Nifty. This makes it less sensitive to things around it
2023-7-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

dreamtuner Posted at 6-30 01:22
Your Facebook Official Group admins are racists. Get it checked if you can.

Hello there, dreamtuner. We apologize if you feel that way. Kindly please provide us the transaction history via PM so we can check it further and provide you updates on this. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-2
Use props
djiuser_9S036shSvhQX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 669636 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-6-29 17:28

Any way to increase it slightly? Or adjust at all? Twice it hasn't sensed trees without leaves. I live in wisconsin and in the winter our trees are bare so they are just branches. Twice I didn't get any kind of alert prior.
2-18 06:04
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_9S036shSvhQX Posted at 2-18 06:04
Any way to increase it slightly? Or adjust at all? Twice it hasn't sensed trees without leaves. I live in wisconsin and in the winter our trees are bare so they are just branches. Twice I didn't get any kind of alert prior.

Thank you for your feedback. We will record this concern of yours as a suggestion and will forward it to our relevant team for future consideration. We highly recommend flying the aircraft in an open area with less to no interference to ensure flight safety. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a good one.
2-19 02:10
Use props
djiuser_9S036shSvhQX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 669636 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-18 06:51
You are expecting too much from the sensors.  There are plenty of videos online showing OA does not perform well against bares branches, wires, or in low-contrast situations.  You have to temper your expectations & fly within the limitations of the technology.

I am 100% sure that you are correct lol. I was a little hasty and excited for the upgrade. Definitely not a mistake I'll make again.
2-19 05:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules