Cable to connect to iPad Pro USB-C
1628 13 2023-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yodermk
lvl.2

United States

Hi, just got an iPad Pro 11" 4th Gen, and a holder that holds it and the Mavic 2 controller nicely.  I also bought a MicroUSB to USB-C cable to connect them.

Problem is, I can't get a DJI Go 4 connection to the controller with the new cable. It DOES charge the controller from the iPad, just the Go 4 app doesn't show a connection.

The tiny cable that came with the drone does work, but it's nowhere near long enough to use it in the mounting aparatus.

Here is the cable I bought: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BR378CG1?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
And here is the holder I bought: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098JPS1VJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Any suggestions? If I need a different kind of cable, what should I buy?

Thanks much!

2023-6-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to reinstall the DJI Go 4 app on your mobile device and check if the issue persists? Also, if you have a spare cable, please try to use a different USB communication cable to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There's nothing special about the cable you need.
But a different cable because you got a dud.

And the suggestion to reinstall the app was just ridiculous.
Ignore it.
2023-6-29
Use props
yodermk
lvl.2

United States

Cable I got was a 2 pack, tried both. :/

Yeah reinstalling the app doesn't make sense when it works with the (too short) cable that came with the drone.
2023-6-30
Use props
yodermk
lvl.2

United States

Someone else indicated that it works with this cable, but I don't see any difference between it and the one I got. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DVL ... 7ephxHMChE&th=1
2023-6-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

yodermk Posted at 6-30 03:47
Someone else indicated that it works with this cable, but I don't see any difference between it and the one I got. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DVLB1I4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share&fbclid=IwAR2EToDpuFVfqsn_MxhXPvDU338GBBdxX9DAhL3cVXaeJFZZd7ephxHMChE&th=1

You shouldn't need a particular cable.
It should work with almost any cable with the correct cables.
The one/s you bought first were unusual in that they didn't work.
2023-6-30
Use props
yodermk
lvl.2

United States

Yeah, it would be instructive to figure out *why* they didn't work. I'd try them with something else that does data transfer, but can't think of anything else I still have that uses MicroUSB.
2023-6-30
Use props
schmeggy929*
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69764 ft
United States

I have the same problem. Mavic 2 Pro and 2021 iPad Pro. Tried multiple Micro USB to USB-C cables. None will show a connection to the controller. And if another admin suggests to reinstall the DJi Go 4 app again I will report them. You are not helping, stop reading from a script and if you are going to respond it better be useful.
2023-7-4
Use props
yodermk
lvl.2

United States

Someone elsewhere told me to look for an OTG cable.  Doing that I found and ordered this.  Looks like it is the correct answer.  Will report back when it arrives on Tuesday. https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2023-7-8
Use props
yodermk
lvl.2

United States

Aaaaaauuughgh!  That cable doesn't work, despite all indications that it should!  I'm getting very very frustrated!  Can a DJI rep seriously not help with this in a real way?  Again it works with the short cable so reinstalling the app makes no sense.  (I had just installed it anyway.)
2023-7-11
Use props
yodermk
lvl.2

United States

ok I just reinstalled the app as a complete shot in the dark.  Didn't help.
2023-7-11
Use props
yodermk
lvl.2

United States

Maybe it's a dud cable. Given multiple reviews saying that it should absolutely work, that may be the safest explanation.  Guess I'll contact Hanatora.
2023-7-11
Use props
yodermk
lvl.2

United States

Wow .... got it to work with a regular phone USB-A to USB-C cable, using the other (USB-A) port on the controller that I forgot existed!

Really wish a DJI rep could have suggested that ...
2023-7-12
Use props
leicastar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3948074 ft
Germany

I have a similar problem with connecting my iPad Pro 2021 to Mavic 2 Pro: it worked perfectly, with various USB-C to USB-A cables. Then, suddenly, about a month ago; it stopped working. Only cable which works now is the ultra-short USB-C to USB-Mini cable from DJI, making it impossible to place the iPad in convenient position.

I have tried now other cables ina  shop, such as a Hama USB-C to USB-Mini cable, but no connection.

Any suggestions how to solve this problem? Thanks.

Martin
2023-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules