Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fly Safe feature messing things up
557 3 2023-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simonphoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13789 ft
United States

For the third time I've planned a shoot by checking on a few apps to make sure the air space I was going to shoot in was clear. All of the apps recommended by the FAA showed me the space was good and I was clear to fly. When I got to the site the DJI app won't allow take-off telling me I need permission to fly in that area.
I wrote the FAA, asking them about this and they wrote back telling me they get a lot of emails about this issue with the DJI app.
I'm getting some upset clients and it's pretty frustrating.
Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the Fly Safe feature on the DJI app? Or, if not, is there a way to get around it. I've written DJI and I keep getting referred to a different department. The last email I got from them told me I had written to the DJI Fly Safe department and instead I needed to contact the Fly Safe Department. ???????
If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Here's the amail I got from the FAA if anyone's interested:

Hey Frank, Sorry to hear that happened - it's one of the biggest headaches I hear about from drone pilots.

From  the sounds of it, you're running into the DJI Fly Safe system. It's  totally separate from LAANC and your Part 107 compliance, and it acts  more as a safety system to prevent pilots from unknowingly launching  near an airport.

At first glance, that airport is likely  uncontrolled (Class E starting at 700 ft). You don't technically need  authorization to fly there, but the DJI system picks it up as a hazard.  In most cases, you should just be able to accept the warning in the DJI  app and continue with your flight.

2023-6-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to know about the inconvenience this has caused. I was able to locate your ticket number by using your Forum account. I will coordinate this with our relevant team for further assistance. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-6-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. DJI’s geofencing system is built as a proactive feature to address concerns in a number of highly sensitive locations related to legitimate aviation safety and national security. Flight limitations are implemented at locations that raise the most serious aviation safety or national security concerns, including nuclear power plants, airports, etc. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.
2023-7-1
Use props
simonphoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13789 ft
United States

Thanks, no need to apologize, it's nothing you guys did. And thanks for answering my question. I'll get all this drone stuff figured out one of these days...
2023-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules