12Next >
20424 48 2023-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Litchi has released a Beta for Mini 3 pro (whole new app)  https://forum.flylitchi.com/t/new-litchi-pilot-beta/10621

Sounds like you must be an existing Litchi App owner to use.

Won't work on DJI RC (can't load up apps) but I purchased a DJI RC-N1 to try out.

Haven't tried yet but will, basic functionality so far but more to come!
2023-6-30
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

what's litchi
2023-6-30
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Eagerly waiting for your review
2023-6-30
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Litchi is an alternate fly app to DJI Fly. It's been around for many years and uses DJI's development SDK (code interfaces for various drone functions). DJI don't condone its use, but they still provide the SDK - go figure.

Many have argued that it's a more stable app than DJI's, and it's main advantage is that it supports pre-planned flight paths with waypoints. You can download the flight path to the drone, and it will follow the instructions autonomously (so you need to make sure the path is flyable within the battery charge).
2023-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Won't work on DJI RC as they haven't released the SDK for that controller yet.    Some of us can install apps on that controller.  
2023-7-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do have the Litchi App, but only the dedicated DJI RC for the Mini3Pro. Even so I'll still await your findings with interest.
2023-7-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please keep us posted Bussty.  Interested to see how well it works.
2023-7-1
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-1 01:13
Won't work on DJI RC as they haven't released the SDK for that controller yet.    Some of us can install apps on that controller.

Is it possible to get other apps on the smart controller?
2023-7-1
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

like litchi?
2023-7-1
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

How are you able to install other apps on the RC controller? I thought it was a locked down Android Build for a reason i.e. allowing other apps to be installed may affect the integrity of the controller. Further, I thought the SDK was for Android, and not for the RC controller as such.
2023-7-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Potato mini Posted at 7-1 09:37
Is it possible to get other apps on the smart controller?

Smart controller supports apps out of the box and they made an SDK for the controller,  but the DJI RC doesn't have an SDK yet for apps to use and probably wont.
2023-7-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 7-1 15:32
How are you able to install other apps on the RC controller? I thought it was a locked down Android Build for a reason i.e. allowing other apps to be installed may affect the integrity of the controller. Further, I thought the SDK was for Android, and not for the RC controller as such.

The SDK has to support the controller and the drone,    So no way to use any 3rd party control apps on he DJI RC as they haven't added that to the SDK and I dont see that they will.

As for apps Ive only got a launcher on mine and a notes app.
2023-7-3
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Hi all

Sorry haven't been on here for ages. Painting my house, work and family have meant droning has taken a back seat but excited about Litchi Pilot. Hoping to get out for my Annual 6 day Winter Photography Trip this month.

Litchi are doing it properly developing a new Litchi platform  slowly, checking each stage before they go. So far I can after installing Litchi...

* Using a DJI RC-N1 (after you rebind to that controller - just launch DJI Fly, Power Up Mini 3 Pro, try and connect, hold drone power button for 5 sec then pair as per DJI Fly app.) Restart controller then select one time start using Litchi Pilot and you are in.
* Have connection to the Mini 3 Pro via camera
* Limited Photo and Exposure Control
* Take photos and videos (can't focus so far as I can see - maybe autofocus is on for now)
* Load a Waypoint Flight Path that you have planned using Litchi Mission Hub
* I can start props with joystick down and inwards and turn off the same
* Just now waiting for the 4 day Southerly Storm to die down and try out a flight.

Using Litchi Mission Hub from within a stand alone app Litchi Virtual Mission  https://mavicpilots.com/threads/virtual-litchi-mission.31109/  you get an amazing ability to design missions including grids, spirals and orbits and then launch these through Google Earth to first see a 3D altitude path of where you are going to fly and then get to virtually fly the mission from the drones perspective including interpolated waypoints and POI's. Is an amazing bit of kit!

Will report more as weather/time permits...

Cheers

Bussty

2023-7-3
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-3 00:15
The SDK has to support the controller and the drone,    So no way to use any 3rd party control apps on he DJI RC as they haven't added that to the SDK and I dont see that they will.

As for apps Ive only got a launcher on mine and a notes app.

How do you even get to that? my remote won't let me do that
2023-7-3
Use props
ShadowyMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48392 ft
Canada

The Waypoint Flight Path sounds very promising.
2023-7-3
Use props
Nixit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70997 ft

United States

Only works with android devices connected to the RC-N1.  iOS users must wait or get a cheap android phone I guess.  Ugh...
2023-7-5
Use props
djiuser_ZYbeECrqlmh1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77323 ft
France

Bussty Posted at 7-3 01:44
Hi all

Sorry haven't been on here for ages. Painting my house, work and family have meant droning has taken a back seat but excited about Litchi Pilot. Hoping to get out for my Annual 6 day Winter Photography Trip this month.

Thanks for your tests and feedback!
This New Litch Android app in test also works with thé DJI Mini 3? (Not PRO)
2023-7-6
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-3 00:15
The SDK has to support the controller and the drone,    So no way to use any 3rd party control apps on he DJI RC as they haven't added that to the SDK and I dont see that they will.

As for apps Ive only got a launcher on mine and a notes app.

how do you even get there? my remote opens directly to dji fly
2023-7-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Potato mini Posted at 7-6 12:33
how do you even get there? my remote opens directly to dji fly

I installed the Samsung launcher on it.
2023-7-7
Use props
Mirec5050
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656555 ft
Slovakia

Nixit Posted at 7-5 14:07
Only works with android devices connected to the RC-N1.  iOS users must wait or get a cheap android phone I guess.  Ugh...

brag to us hero, how much did your amazing iphone cost??? my "bad" android samsung S21 utra 1400€
2023-7-7
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-7 01:23
I installed the Samsung launcher on it.

The remote comes with a built In launcher, but is it locked? Or does the Samsung launcher work better?
2023-7-7
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-7 01:23
I installed the Samsung launcher on it.

where did you get it?
2023-7-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Potato mini Posted at 7-7 10:40
where did you get it?

I have done the same but Its really more of a gimmick than out else, truth be told the novelty will wear thin once you realise what you cant do still.

If you still must, go over to the Mavic Pilots forum, it can be found there, use the search...
2023-7-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-7 19:26
I have done the same but Its really more of a gimmick than out else, truth be told the novelty will wear thin once you realise what you cant do still.

If you still must, go over to the Mavic Pilots forum, it can be found there, use the search...

Im mostly using it for a notes app so that I can check commands etc on there which is handy,  but is some ways launching the fly app each time is getting boring.
2023-7-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Potato mini Posted at 7-7 10:40
where did you get it?

From APKpure.   I tried the S7 and S10 versions but the S7 version was more stable.
2023-7-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Potato mini Posted at 7-7 07:26
The remote comes with a built In launcher, but is it locked? Or does the Samsung launcher work better?

There's no launcher built in,   you have to add one to see any extra apps you install.
2023-7-8
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-8 01:02
There's no launcher built in,   you have to add one to see any extra apps you install.

so you just  down load the app from a computer or phone than transport it to the remote?
2023-7-8
Use props
cmarines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 331762 ft
Canada

I did try the Beta for Mini 3 Pro and worked fine for 20 waypoints:
2023-7-14
Use props
ws46060
Second Officer
United States

I just used the latest beta of LitchiPilot with my Mini 3 pro.  I had used the DJI RC (not the pro) with my Mini 3 pro, but I switched the binding to an N1 controller that I have for my mini 2.  LitchiPilot is installed on my Samsung S10+, and LitchiPilot was able to load a mission that I created for my mini 2, and executed it without error.  It hit all the waypoints.  It executed the actions prescribed (start & stop recordings, adjust camera tilt, take photos, and return to home).  So far, so good....
2023-7-14
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Are any of you getting "Flight Interrupted. Flight Mode Changed" ??  I'm about to test Force Stopping DJI Fly before I launch Litchi Pilot. As I live in a Geo zone I seemingly have to launch to confirm access to my Geo zone then have been closing that and launching pilot (not Force Stopping). When I ever launch a mission it starts the drone it rises 2m then stops and I get that warning "Flight Interrupted. Flight Mode Changed" ??  I'm also going to try driving out of my Geo zone and trying but hopefully it's not that but the first as easier to sort. Whatever the cause it will be good feedback for Litchi.
2023-7-14
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

Won't work on DJI RC as they haven't released the SDK for that controller yet.    Some of us can install apps on that controller.

how, via usb?
2023-7-14
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

CAUSE OF "FLIGHT INTERRUPTED. FLIGHT MODE CHANGED" AND MISSION NOT RUNNING
So I trialed my mission outside the Geo Zone and it ran fine! So the Geo Zone appears to be causing the issue. I'm hoping Litchi can sort as even though when in a Geo Zone the mission won't run you can still fly the drone manually using the Litchi Pilot (after you have gotten authority from DJI) so if you can fly it manually there must be something triggering the flight mode change in the mission scenario that Litchi can fix. Here's hoping... I have also passed feedback via the app option.

I'm pretty sure when I had the Mini 1 I could use missions in my Geo Zone using Litchi so hopefully is just a bug that can be solved.

Force Stopping DJI Fly appeared to have no impact.
2023-7-14
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

Does Litchi fix the Home Point bugs? The Fly app screen for moving the homepoint is intolerably small to manipulate, and a person on the move, can lose the drone as it goes back over bad territory to the old home point. It also has a limit of 2km from the drone.
2023-7-14
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Update re Geo Zones. From the Litchi Developers, appears the latest SDK from DJI supporting the Mini 3 Pro is different from previous versions in that even if Geo Unlocked if you try and launch or approach within 30m (approx) of a Geo zone the control of the drone will return to the sticks and any VSC (Virtual Stick Commands) will cease. This means the autonomous mission will stop or just not start at all. They are waiting to see if DJI have any solution but until then you won't be able to fly a mission using Litchi Pilot in or near a Geo zone. Let's hope DJI allows this if authorization is held for the flight via DJI Flysafe.
2023-7-17
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-8 01:02
There's no launcher built in,   you have to add one to see any extra apps you install.

how???
im still stuck
2023-7-24
Use props
Philipjgr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140207 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello, as far as I remember I have not posted anything on this forum yet. I also have the Mini 3Pro with the DJI RD controller. Bought the DJI RD N1 especially for the Litchi app, which I used on the Mini 2. Some people dumped this one, that's how I got it for a decent price. Downloaded the Beta app 2 waypoints routes made near me. But the weather here in the Netherlands has not really been suitable for the last 2 weeks to try out the Mini 3 Pro with the Litchi app. If all goes well, I'll try it on Thursday. So I will let you know what my experience is.
2023-8-7
Use props
Philipjgr
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mooi weer vandaag, dus neem de DJI Mini3 pro mee naar buiten met de Beta Litchi software. Van te voren een waypoit route gemaakt om te proberen. DJI-software ziet de camera, maar de Beta Litch vindt mijn drone niet met de DJI RC-N1 Geen idee waarom, iemand heeft een idee. Ik voeg een screenshot bij van mijn Samsung A52

Screen Beta Litchi

Screen Beta Litchi
2023-8-10
Use props
cmarines
lvl.4
Canada

Try next on your Android phone:

Settings \ Apps \ DJI Fly \ Force Stop.Same for Litchi (old one)

Then start Litchi Pilot. The drone should be powered on.

2023-8-10
Use props
Philipjgr
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

cmarines Geplaatst op 8-10 10:53
Probeer het volgende op je Android-telefoon:

Instellingen \ Apps \ DJI Fly \ Forceer stop. hetzelfde voor Litchi (oude)

Thank you! It works now. Will give it a try tomorrow. Only I can't remember how to start the waypoint, a year and a half ago. First in the air and then? Will I receive a notification?

2023-8-10
Use props
cmarines
lvl.4
Canada

Philipjgr Posted at 8-10 12:05
Thank you! It works now. Will give it a try tomorrow. Only I can't remember how to start the waypoint, a year and a half ago. First in the air and then? Will I receive a notification?

After drone is recognized, load the waypoints and you will see a "Play" button (as triangle) to start the waypoint. I usually take off manual, then press Play once in the air. Some people press Play on the ground and drone will takeoff by itself. I did not try this.
2023-8-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules