12345678910Next >
103541 373 2023-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

DJI, the global leader in civilian drones and creative camera technology, is dedicated to providing our valued customers with important updates regarding compliance with the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA)remote identification (remote ID) regulation.  

Remote ID refers to a drone's ability to transmit identification and location information during flight, which can be received by relevant parties. By implementing remote ID, the FAA aims to enhance situational awareness, streamline airspace management, monitor compliance, and support law enforcement efforts. According to FAA, all drone pilots required to register their UAS must operate their aircraft in accordance with the final rule on remote ID beginning September 16, 2023.

All DJI drones manufactured after September 16, 2022, such as Mavic 3 Pro, Mavic 3 Classic, Inspire 3, and DJI Mini 3, all have built-in remote ID capabilities. For drone pilots operating other DJI models to ensure compliance with the remote ID requirements, they have three options:

1.    Update the Drone’s Firmware: Several of DJIs latest and most popular drone models have obtained, or will soon receive firmware updates to support remote ID functionality. These updates guarantee that you can adhere to the FAA's remote ID regulations.  
2.    Purchase a Separate Broadcast Module: In cases where certain drone models cannot receive firmware updates for remote ID, customers have the option to purchase a separate broadcast module. This module can be retrofitted onto your drone and broadcasts identification and location information as required by the remote ID rule.
3.    Fly within FAA-Recognized Identification Areas (FRIAs): FRIAs are specific locations recognized by the FAA where drones can operate without the need for remote ID transmission.

While we strive to support as many customers as possible, certain older drone models cannot receive firmware updates for remote ID due to hardware compatibility limitations. For owners of unsupported drone models, we encourage you to consider purchasing a separate broadcast module to ensure compliance with remote ID regulations.

Below outlines the status of the Remote ID compliance of DJI’s consumer drones:

Drone Model Name

Broadcast Module Needed?

Mini 3 Pro

No

Air 2S

No

Avata

No

Mavic 3

No

Mavic 3 Cine

No

Mavic 3 Classic

No

Mini 3

No

Inspire 3

No

Mavic 3 Pro

No

Mavic 3 Pro Cine

No

FPV

No;   Firmware upgrade will available by August 31, 2023 at   the latest

Mavic Air 2

No;   Firmware upgrade will available by September 30, 2023   at the latest

Mavic 2 Zoom

No;   Firmware upgrade will available by December 31, 2023   at the latest

Mavic 2 Pro

Phantom 4 Pro v2.0

At DJI, we are passionate about driving the drone industry forward while ensuring safety and compliance. We appreciate your support and understanding as we navigate the evolving landscape of drone regulations.

2023-6-30
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for this, I guess?
2023-7-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately, firmware upgrades for Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom and Phanton 4 Pro V2.0 are all coming after the mandatory implementation date of September 16, 2023.  this means these drones are "grounded" until the firmware is made available.  The other option to be able to fly legally while awaiting the projected firmware dates would be to purchase a 3rd party add on broadcast module.  

Seems as if DJI developer team is way behind the power curve on getting the firmware updates out before the implementation dates.  
2023-7-1
Use props
NobodyImportant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 355030 ft
United States

So the mini 2 will not get an upgrade to implement Remote ID?   
2023-7-1
Use props
djiuser_qrSRnbtwlPuO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23891 ft

Netherlands

Hello guys! Im new just bought my first drone a mini 3 I love it
2023-7-1
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

Well, I guess I am 2/3 there. I have an Avata and an FPV so they have or will have built in RID. Yay!  However I also have a mini 2 and that will require a module.  Good news is I only have to buy one.  But it is not good news for anyone flying under the recreational exemption since the module will put it over 250g.  
2023-7-2
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.2
China

NobodyImportant Posted at 7-1 04:54

Mini 2 does not need Remote ID, if it is used for pure recreational flight.
2023-7-2
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.2
China

Ranger7777 Posted at 7-2 10:11
Well, I guess I am 2/3 there. I have an Avata and an FPV so they have or will have built in RID. Yay!  However I also have a mini 2 and that will require a module.  Good news is I only have to buy one.  But it is not good news for anyone flying under the recreational exemption since the module will put it over 250g.

Mini 2 does not need registration and Remote ID, if it is used for pure recreational flight. If used for part 107 flight, registration and a Remote ID module are really needed.
2023-7-2
Use props
Kernel Droner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 748156 ft
United States

I'm really curious now. The Mavic Pro Platinum, which has already received a Declaration of Compliance from the FAA, is not mentioned in your list. What is its current status?

2023-7-3
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
United States

I have my 107 and on rare occasions do non-recreational flights.
2023-7-3
Use props
RemoteFlyte
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1375630 ft
United States

DKGPST Posted at 7-2 22:28
Mini 2 does not need registration and Remote ID, if it is used for pure recreational flight. If used for part 107 flight, registration and a Remote ID module are really needed.

Actually, if you are a 107 pilot, ALL of your drones have to be registered, regardless of weight. It would then require remote id.
2023-7-3
Use props
El_fader
lvl.1
Flight distance : 676014 ft

United States

I might be the last of the Spark flyers, can't seem to find anything related about optional remote modules that would work with it.

The only other forum thread discussing this issue for the Spark is here (without a definitive answer from DJI):  https://forum.dji.com/thread-247396-1-1.html
2023-7-3
Use props
djiuser_oWritdriRrOw
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the information!
Could you elaborate on the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced / M200 / M210 / Inspire 1 and whether they will be compliant through software upgrade or not?
2023-7-3
Use props
Dr.Bees
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85787 ft
United States

meaning they made it where you have to have your phone always plugged in and the screen on. Even if you have an FPV headset on your face to comply draining the headset battery forcing you to buy a spare
2023-7-3
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.2
China

djiuser_oWritdriRrOw Posted at 7-3 15:56
Thanks for the information!
Could you elaborate on the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced / M200 / M210 / Inspire 1 and whether they will be compliant through software upgrade or not?

https://enterprise-insights.dji. ... i-enterprise-drones
2023-7-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any update on Mini 2 support?
2023-7-3
Use props
Dave Z
lvl.3
Flight distance : 90098 ft
United States

Thank you, DJI. As you can see there were a lot of Phantom 4 Pro V2 owners who were very upset to be told earlier that the P4Pv2 would not be getting Remote ID. https://www.change.org/p/petitio ... remote-id-compliant Will Remote ID be available for both the Pro (standard controller) and Pro+ (smart controller) versions?
2023-7-4
Use props
kvk67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092267 ft
United States

NobodyImportant Posted at 7-1 04:54

Mini 2 is not required to be registered, therefore not required to use RID.
2023-7-4
Use props
kvk67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092267 ft
United States

Ranger7777 Posted at 7-2 10:11
Well, I guess I am 2/3 there. I have an Avata and an FPV so they have or will have built in RID. Yay!  However I also have a mini 2 and that will require a module.  Good news is I only have to buy one.  But it is not good news for anyone flying under the recreational exemption since the module will put it over 250g.

Mini 2 not required to have RID.
2023-7-4
Use props
djiuser_BmTOksEdAq6D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92828 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-1 03:59
Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately, firmware upgrades for Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom and Phanton 4 Pro V2.0 are all coming after the mandatory implementation date of September 16, 2023.  this means these drones are "grounded" until the firmware is made available.  The other option to be able to fly legally while awaiting the projected firmware dates would be to purchase a 3rd party add on broadcast module.  

Seems as if DJI developer team is way behind the power curve on getting the firmware updates out before the implementation dates.

It's "at the latest".  While I share your sentiment of "my drone is potentially grounded for 2 weeks", it's still better than dropping $300 on a RID module (which you could still do).
2023-7-4
Use props
djiuser_BmTOksEdAq6D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92828 ft
United States

Thank you DJI for saving me $300 on a RID module!!!
2023-7-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_BmTOksEdAq6D Posted at 7-4 12:13
It's "at the latest".  While I share your sentiment of "my drone is potentially grounded for 2 weeks", it's still better than dropping $300 on a RID module (which you could still do).

True.  I guess it all depends on how "at the latest" plays out by DJI.  I'm not buying an add on module.  Worse case I'll just fly my Mini 3 Pro or Skydio 2+ in the meantime.
2023-7-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will buy a module just to have one just in case.  In fact, I will need one for my Autel Evo 2 V1.  As a recreational pilot, you only need to have one module and you can move it from drone-to-drone as you fly each of them.  I don't expect them to be $300 or $400 but more likely averaging about $100 or less by the end of the year.  However, if a million DJI drones are all of a sudden not needing the module, this could put a dent in the market and keep the prices a bit higher.  The Mini 3 is not required to have RID but DJi gave it so maybe they should give it to Mini 2 as well which would keep the weight under 250 without a module and you can probably still use it overseas when they get RID.
2023-7-4
Use props
djiuser_RTnOXNY9qyy6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 317513 ft
United States

Thank you, DJI! I was very hopeful and confident that a firmware update for RID compliance would be made available for the Air 2. Thank you for making that happen for real!
2023-7-4
Use props
djiuser_RTnOXNY9qyy6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 317513 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-1 03:59
Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately, firmware upgrades for Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom and Phanton 4 Pro V2.0 are all coming after the mandatory implementation date of September 16, 2023.  this means these drones are "grounded" until the firmware is made available.  The other option to be able to fly legally while awaiting the projected firmware dates would be to purchase a 3rd party add on broadcast module.  

Seems as if DJI developer team is way behind the power curve on getting the firmware updates out before the implementation dates.

Are you kidding me, Mr. 525 feet flying distance?  DJI is making it so that these owners won't necessarily have to buy a new drone to meet RID compliance! That's awesome - thank you DJI!
2023-7-4
Use props
fans36f1997b
lvl.1
United States

What about mavic air 1
2023-7-4
Use props
fireshadow540
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107566 ft
  • >>>
United States

what about the Mavic Air 2 Enterprise Advance?
2023-7-4
Use props
Giebler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81280 ft
United States

I am thrilled that you will provide Remote ID for the Mavic Air 2.  I only wish you had let us know earlier as I just bought an Air 2S thinking that the Air 2 would never have remote ID.
2023-7-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_RTnOXNY9qyy6 Posted at 7-4 15:10
Are you kidding me, Mr. 525 feet flying distance?  DJI is making it so that these owners won't necessarily have to buy a new drone to meet RID compliance! That's awesome - thank you DJI!

I only sync'd flight data for short initial test flight on original Mini.  For personal reasons I do not sync my flight data so it will never be showing above 525 feet.  If that bothers you I'm sorry.

It is nice that DJI "finally" decided to come up with a FW update to make several older drones RemoteID compliant.  Just would have been  much nicer if they would have done it before the required compliance date.  
2023-7-5
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-5 02:38
I only sync'd flight data for short initial test flight on original Mini.  For personal reasons I do not sync my flight data so it will never be showing above 525 feet.  If that bothers you I'm sorry.

It is nice that DJI "finally" decided to come up with a FW update to make several older drones RemoteID compliant.  Just would have been  much nicer if they would have done it before the required compliance date.

I'm impressed that they are even making an effort with the older models.

Legally, DJI is only responsible for RID on drones manufactured after September 16, 2022.

They could've left owners of the older drones on their own and purchase the $300 module.

Despite what a lot of people think, DJI does actually seem to care about their customers.

2023-7-5
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be really nice if we could stop providing wrong information here on the Mini 2.   The Mini 2 does require registration and RID if you are a Part 107 pilot and using it for non-recreational flights - which many of us do.  It also requires registration if anything you attach to it (like lighting) takes it over 250g.   A blanket statement that the Mini 2 does not need to be registered is simply NOT TRUE.
2023-7-5
Use props
djiuser_RDd9j7RdOU93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1336342 ft
United States

kvk67 Posted at 7-4 05:13
Mini 2 is not required to be registered, therefore not required to use RID.

To fly a drone under the Part 107 rules, it must be registered and have RemoteID by September 16th, regardless of drone weight.  That includes the Mini 2.
2023-7-5
Use props
Greyback
lvl.3
United States

DJI, please have the remote ID update for Mavic 2 PRO before the Sept. deadline. I cannot afford to buy a module for this drone.
2023-7-5
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
United States

I am flying my Avata with my DJI FPV controller and Goggles V2.   Currently I connect my phone to the goggles to get past the remote ID error messgae, and that is OK.  The question is whether the Avata withnthis system will ever have remote ID without connecting the phone.   
2023-7-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

dnddad324 Posted at 7-5 03:27
I'm impressed that they are even making an effort with the older models.

Legally, DJI is only responsible for RID on drones manufactured after September 16, 2022.

Good points.  
2023-7-5
Use props
Pete Toemmes
lvl.1

United States

How is DJI handling flying a remote ID compliant drone indoors when GPS and/or tethered smart device location services (GPS) is unavailable?

An unifiable brick is not an acceptable answer
2023-7-5
Use props
Sconnie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1583852 ft
United States

Giebler Posted at 7-4 21:01
I am thrilled that you will provide Remote ID for the Mavic Air 2.  I only wish you had let us know earlier as I just bought an Air 2S thinking that the Air 2 would never have remote ID.

I wish I'd known, too! I purchased a Mavic 3 a couple months ago in anticipation of DJI not updating the Air 2.
2023-7-5
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
United States

LeafPeeper Posted at 7-5 05:23
It would be really nice if we could stop providing wrong information here on the Mini 2.   The Mini 2 does require registration and RID if you are a Part 107 pilot and using it for non-recreational flights - which many of us do.  It also requires registration if anything you attach to it (like lighting) takes it over 250g.   A blanket statement that the Mini 2 does not need to be registered is simply NOT TRUE.

The subject of this thread is not registration....it's remote ID. And as far as DJI's responsibility goes, they have none. Especially considering that most (if not all) Mini 2's were manufactured prior to the September 16, 2022 date.

As I pointed out, the fact that DJI is implementing remote ID in older models, in which they are not legally obligated to do, shows that they are going above and beyond for their customers. They could just say screw it and make everyone spend the $300 for a module. And to be honest, the way some of their customers act, I wouldn't blame them if they did. I can guarantee you that they will be the ONLY company stepping up to save their customers money.
2023-7-6
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_RDd9j7RdOU93 Posted at 7-5 06:30
To fly a drone under the Part 107 rules, it must be registered and have RemoteID by September 16th, regardless of drone weight.  That includes the Mini 2.

See my response to LeefPeeper
2023-7-6
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
United States

Ranger7777 Posted at 7-5 11:15
I am flying my Avata with my DJI FPV controller and Goggles V2.   Currently I connect my phone to the goggles to get past the remote ID error messgae, and that is OK.  The question is whether the Avata withnthis system will ever have remote ID without connecting the phone.

That's a good question. I was about to get the Avata when they dropped the firmware update that required the phone connection. I didn't like the idea of the dangling battery cable....forget having to add a phone as well. I did however get the Avata after the release of the goggles Integra...it was a no-brainer especially considering it included the improved motion controller.

Seems like with the Avata, remote ID is within the goggles rather than the drone itself.
2023-7-6
Use props
12345678910Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules