Remote ID Statement (07/01/2023)
104817 373 2023-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying Fortress
lvl.2
Poland

Any news about RID in the EU and USA for C0 and legacy drones under 250g? C0 doesn't require RID in EU but what about USA and any "special" areas in EU?
2023-12-28
Use props
fans82ebf4d6
lvl.1

United States

I updated my Mavic 2 Zoom today. At first the remote id was visible, after I updated the second of five batteries, the remote id is no longer visible when I go to the About section on the drone. This drone was activated in 2019, will the firmware bring the drone into compliance? Please advise.
1-2 11:28
Use props
mscibek
lvl.1

United States

If I'm flying within a FRIA, why does the RID requirement still apply?  I have to connect my phone to take off and if I remove my phone after take off then I get the RID error.  The negates the whole reason we have a FRIA and why I go there to fly.  
1-2 14:26
Use props
SpecialProjects
lvl.3
Flight distance : 441010 ft
United States

Will adding a Remote ID Module affect the operation of my Phantom3Advanced?  I intend to mount a Holystone RID Moduoe to one of the landing legs. It weighs less than 14 grams.
1-5 19:40
Use props
EMA71
lvl.1

United States

mscibek Posted at 1-2 14:26
If I'm flying within a FRIA, why does the RID requirement still apply?  I have to connect my phone to take off and if I remove my phone after take off then I get the RID error.  The negates the whole reason we have a FRIA and why I go there to fly.

If you do not have RID then a FRIA is the place  you go to fly.  If your drone HAS RID, you are not allowed to disable it, whether or not you’re flying in a designated FRIA.  Basically once you associate an RID with your drone, it has to be activated with that drone wherever you fly.

FWIW — given the cost to be able to fly within a FRIA (membership to the club and their sponsor), it’s probably much cheaper to add an RID module (if you can find one in stock) and fly where you wan.  Just saying…
1-6 14:36
Use props
fansa85b841b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 532359 ft
United States

Has the MA2 serial number issue been resolved yet? I still only see 2 serial numbers listed.  Only 2 months left to comply.

Holy Stone has a $90 module out.

1-16 15:40
Use props
fansa85b841b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 532359 ft
United States

Any update to the MA2 serial numbers compliance declaration?
2-4 20:00
Use props
Mutispectral
lvl.1

United States

This is all very helpful, but the big question for me is where is it.  Where is the RID or SN or some located on the drone so I can register the drone.  
Did I miss the hint?  I can not find anything close to the numbers mentioned above on the drone or controller.  I have a DJI 3M Enterprise.... Help!
2-16 17:27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mutispectral Posted at 2-16 17:27
This is all very helpful, but the big question for me is where is it.  Where is the RID or SN or some located on the drone so I can register the drone.  
Did I miss the hint?  I can not find anything close to the numbers mentioned above on the drone or controller.  I have a DJI 3M Enterprise.... Help!

Hi Mutispectral, may I know if you mean the DJI Mavic 3E? If yes, the serial number for DJI Mavic 3E is located in the battery compartment. For the RID, you could please refer to Part 7 via the following link, thanks.
https://support.dji.com/help/con ... ;paperDocType=paper
2-16 23:30
Use props
fans596f98b1
New
United States

mavic air? It's to small to add a remote ID broadcast module.
2-18 14:15
Use props
fans765137e6
New

United States

I have a brand new, never use, never register DJI phantom 4 Pro version 1 in the box that I bought new several years ago but never got around to fly it due military duties overseas. Can someone tells me what I will have to do besides installing and updating the DJI go app on my iPhone 15 pro max in order to fly for the first time the drone for recreational purposes here in NY. Am I going have lots of problems making the drone to fly with all the new regulations. Thanks for your help.
2-25 11:35
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans765137e6 Posted at 2-25 11:35
I have a brand new, never use, never register DJI phantom 4 Pro version 1 in the box that I bought new several years ago but never got around to fly it due military duties overseas. Can someone tells me what I will have to do besides installing and updating the DJI go app on my iPhone 15 pro max in order to fly for the first time the drone for recreational purposes here in NY. Am I going have lots of problems making the drone to fly with all the new regulations. Thanks for your help.

According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, the RID compliance for American users starts from March 16, 2024. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. After March 16, 2024, please purchase a third-party RID module that complies with RID MOC and add it to the aircraft.
2-25 20:14
Use props
djiuser_nLCH0ILspgsR
New
United States

Will the Phantom 4 Pro (not V2) be getting the RID update or will the owners of the V2 be the only ones benefiting from this?!?
2-28 19:42
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_nLCH0ILspgsR Posted at 2-28 19:42
Will the Phantom 4 Pro (not V2) be getting the RID update or will the owners of the V2 be the only ones benefiting from this?!?

Currently, there is no plan for the other models in the Phantom series to be supported by the RID, only Phantom 4 V2.0 is supported.
2-28 23:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules