o(^-^)o
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-24 10:26
Thank you,
That is all I was asking for ,
was that so hard?

LOL, I guess you also received your reply from the FAA telling you the same thing huh?
Look, my first response to you quoting the FAA's statement should have been clear enough.
But you chose to ignore and continued with your nonsense calling these people telling the truth including the FAA themselves just a bunch of YouTubers just because they used the YouTube as a channel to communicate.
Don't play innocent now after all you've said.
You did not just ask for the written proof, you spread your false understanding in this forum telling people they will not be in compliance, there would be fines, wish them good luck flying without remote ID and etc.

2023-7-24
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20358422 ft
United States

DIY_Quad Posted at 7-24 10:42
LOL, I guess you also received your reply from the FAA telling you the same thing huh?
Look, my first response to you quoting the FAA's statement should have been clear enough.
But you chose to ignore and continued with your nonsense calling these telling the truth including the FAA themselves just a bunch of YouTubers just because they used the YouTube as a channel to communicate.

nope not yet but when i get the reply i will be sure to post it  how ever it is worded
I am not looking to be right or wrong I am looking to stay out of trouble. your respeonce was not printable
if there is a exemption for rid for unregistered drones I want to have a printed out copy for my flight log book . that way if I ever get questioned on it by law enforcement I can give them the material I printed outfroma official website or a letter
2023-7-24
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-24 10:44
nope not yet but when i get the reply i will be sure to post it  how ever it is worded
I am not looking to be right or wrong I am looking to stay out of trouble.
if there is a exemption for rid for unregistered drones I want to have a printed out copy for my flight log book . that why if I ever get questioned on it I can give them the marital I printed out

Like I said, believe what you like and do what you like, we could not care less.
Listen, I'm not here to spoonfeed you with a printable copy and protect your a$$ out in the field.
That's your responsibility.
But don't tell people they are wrong and they will be breaking the law based on your false understanding.
Is that so hard to understand?

2023-7-24
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

But rest assure I will post the reply when i get it what ever it says
2023-7-24
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-24 10:47
But rest assure I will post the reply when i get it what ever it says

Whatever, nobody cares at this point.
2023-7-24
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DIY_Quad Posted at 7-24 10:48
Whatever, nobody cares at this point.

It matters to me because as I said Iam trying to stay within the law
I am just wondering are you a Part 107 license remote pilot?   I am and breaking any drone law can effect my p107
I am guessing you do not carry one of these flight log binder with you do you?
This is why it matters to me . I don't take the word from some douche on the internet
And you right again  I do not care what matters to you, that your business not mine

2023-7-24
Use props
fansb72fe2d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101716 ft
United States

fans4883261f Posted at 7-10 17:15
Will a remote ID firmware update be provided for the Inspire 2?

I too have the inspire 2, so far I haven't seen it listed yet? Anyone else know????
2023-7-24
Use props
fansb72fe2d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101716 ft
United States

Bird of Prey 3 Posted at 7-17 10:45
So no upgrade for the Inspire 2? I cant find a definitive answer to this anywhere.

I have same issue, I would think being the inspire 2 was their flagship camera drone up until the inspire 3 which just came out.
2023-7-24
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-24 11:31
It matters to me because as I said Iam trying to stay within the law
I am just wondering are you a Part 107 license remote pilot?   I am and break the law can effect my p107
I am guessing you do not carry one of these flight log binder with you do you?

I repeat, we do not care what you choose to believe and do.
And let me also add that I could not care less what matters to you.
But just don't tell people that they will be breaking the rule just because you did not understand it the right way.
Re-read what you wrote to people in this forum before I intervened.
You were not only absoultely sure about your false understanding but told people they will be in trouble if they didn't listen to you.
That's clearly different from asking people about your understanding of the rule whether true or false.

BTW, Kevin Morris is with the FAA and appeared on YouTube interview to educate the public about the RID.
Now, dose that make Kevin and the FAA also some douche just because they appeared on the internet/YouTube?
Again, what is your logic here?
2023-7-24
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DIY_Quad Posted at 7-24 12:37
I repeat, we do not care what you choose to believe and do.
And let me also add that I could not care less what matters to you.
But just don't tell people that they will be breaking the rule just because you did not understand it the right way.

Who is we you got a turd in your pocket?
are you assuming to speak for all users that read this forum?

that is pretty arrogant.  I am done with you here
2023-7-24
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-24 12:46
Who is we you got a turd in your pocket?
are you assuming to speak for all users that read this forum?

Having difficulty maintaining some dignity and speaking with logic here?
Dear Ivy Summers, please show me a single soul here who actually cared about how your false understanding/belief about the RID rule would affect you and what you would do or not do with your drones based on that.
Since you didn't notice,.... Nobody gives a turd.

Again, you weren't just asking about your understanding of the rule to have a healthy productive discussion, but rather you were TELLING people their arguments are all inaccurate, only you are right and people will be in trouble if they didn't listen to your false understanding/belief.
You should learn to use the word arrogant (or stupid) in this type of situation instead.

You owe an apology to those you threatened with your false understanding of the RID rule that they will not be in compliance and there would be expensive consequences if they don't listen to you or do as you do.
But I know you won't, because you see nothing wrong with spreading fake news and causing unjust fear/concern/threat.

And didn't you say you will happily retract your statement if you are proven wrong?
It's funny how you were so sure about the RID rule that you've repeatedly claimed it's clearly written in black and white on the FAA website.
But as it turned out you didn't even read the rule.
Have no shame, no integrity, no responsibility, no respect for the UAV community (just a bunch of youtubers huh?), nothing but a foul mouth.

2023-7-24
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DIY_Quad Posted at 7-24 13:29
Having difficulty maintaining some dignity and speaking with logic here?
Dear Ivy Summers, please show me a single soul here who actually cared about how your false understanding/belief about the RID rule would affect you and what you would do or not do with your drones based on that.
Since you didn't notice,.... Nobody gives a turd.

Dude relax I have not got my reply fromn the FAA yet , you sure are full of yourself .
2023-7-25
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-25 14:49
Dude relax I have not got my reply fromn the FAA yet , you sure are full of yourself .

Still clinging onto your faint hope of you being right about the RID rule?
You were asking for an official document to prove you wrong all along and now that you have it, you are turning to your response from the FAA huh?
No worries, you should've gotten that response back from the FAA by now, but I will play along with your waiting game.
FYI, I couldn't be more relaxed knowing that my position is no different from what the FAA have published and the mainstream UAV community's understanding of the rule.
2023-7-25
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DIY_Quad Posted at 7-25 15:04
Still clinging onto your faint hope of you being right about the RID rule?
You were asking for an official document to prove you wrong all along and now that you have it, you are turning to your response from the FAA huh?
No worries, you should've gotten that response back from the FAA by now, but I will play along with your waiting game.

its so cute how desperate you are trying to convince me that you have something constructive to say to me when i told you I can careless what you say .. sooo ..  your ignored. bye bye now
2023-7-25
Use props
SkyView Indiana
New

United States

Glad to see that the Mavic Air 2 is getting updated, but will it require one of the smart controllers to properly transmit the RID?
2023-7-25
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-25 18:01
its so cute how desperate you are trying to convince me that you have something constructive to say to me when i told you I can careless what you say .. sooo ..  your ignored. bye bye now

LOL, you said you were done like three posts ago, why keep coming back for more humiliation?
If you are going to continue this, how about honoring your own words for a change and retract your statement like you said you would now that you are clearly proven wrong?
How about apologizing to those you threatened with your false claim huh? That would be the most constructive thing you could do at this point.
You couldn't care less what I say? No no no, you were begging, I repeat, you were begging me to prove you wrong and so I did.
And the best part is, it wasn't even hard...LOL
Oh boy, you were sooooo sure about what you were saying....only it was just wrong, but you just kept on going.
It was sooo fun to watch you setting yourself up for self destruction....I just had to pick the right moment.
Look at what you wrote here over the past few days, this is how you will be remembered, busted trying to spread a false and baseless claim/fear/concern/threat and pretending to know something you clearly had no idea.
I know it's difficult for you right now publicly self humiliated like that, but stop panicking, be rational, and try to stay on topic, we were talking about your RID delusion.
Why say bye now when we both know you will come back for more self-inflicted humiliation?

2023-7-25
Use props
djiuser_R4XfuYGFMJ3t
lvl.2
Flight distance : 768537 ft

United States

DKGPST Posted at 7-2 22:28
Mini 2 does not need registration and Remote ID, if it is used for pure recreational flight. If used for part 107 flight, registration and a Remote ID module are really needed.

I will not be complying with nonsensical over reach set in place to throttle  hobby & part 107flyers 4 the corporate $. No loss, injury or harm occured 2constitute such as Rid, imo and thousands+ of people's opinions. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, some of us Americans are sick of watching tyranny & corruption, pay to play or simply just subjecting myself to various potential senerio's of being harmed by uninformed, underinformed or plain loose cannon Karen's, willing to attack by whatever means, by try'n to force me to agree to sacrifice my GOD given right to personal privacy of my person, papers and effects etc etc? Because they obtained a communistic temporary percieved authority, simply wish to do me some type of loss, injury or harm 2me that which I will not tolerate nor become a victim of no way! I have no want or interest in entertaining this idiocracy + over reach. 2 each their own I supoose, I am deeply disappointed in my fellow citizenry here in the U.S. if this goes...
2023-7-26
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

SkyView Indiana Posted at 7-25 18:58
Glad to see that the Mavic Air 2 is getting updated, but will it require one of the smart controllers to properly transmit the RID?

I think the MA2 already has the necessary hardware on the drone itself to implement RID.
They just need to repurpose it via a firmware update to comply with the RID data format.
The controller does not really matter in this case.
2023-7-26
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_R4XfuYGFMJ3t Posted at 7-26 09:29
I will not be complying with nonsensical over reach set in place to throttle  hobby & part 107flyers 4 the corporate $. No loss, injury or harm occured 2constitute such as Rid, imo and thousands+ of people's opinions. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, some of us Americans are sick of watching tyranny & corruption, pay to play or simply just subjecting myself to various potential senerio's of being harmed by uninformed, underinformed or plain loose cannon Karen's, willing to attack by whatever means, by try'n to force me to agree to sacrifice my GOD given right to personal privacy of my person, papers and effects etc etc? Because they obtained a communistic temporary percieved authority, simply wish to do me some type of loss, injury or harm 2me that which I will not tolerate nor become a victim of no way! I have no want or interest in entertaining this idiocracy + over reach. 2 each their own I supoose, I am deeply disappointed in my fellow citizenry here in the U.S. if this goes...

I hear you and I'm with you 100%.
That's why the FPV Freedom Coalition has been fighting so hard for the UAV community over the past several years to raise the unregistered drone weight limit from 250g to 1kg.
That way, drones under 1kg wouldn't require registration and that would've automatically triggered exemption from the RID requirement.
Unfortunately that effort didn't really come to fruition.
2023-7-26
Use props
TB-AV
lvl.1
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-24 05:47
Your right its non of my business how you handle the RID law that why i said what I did.  you handle the law your way and I will handle it my way, it no skin off my knees, I JUST DON'T CARE.
I follow the laws that is written in black in white on a official website. that I can print out place in a ring binder, that I  carry with me. Its part of my flight log that i carry My certifications like my p107, and TRUST certifacte,  along with certian laws pretaining to how I am flying that day with me in case any unforseen mishaps . That is what most responsible flyers do.

"If there is so, please post where it say that on the FAA website. "

"Beginning September 16, 2023, all drone pilots who are required to register their UAS must operate in accordance with the rule on Remote ID."
https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id

You are confusing registered vs non-registered. The Remote ID rules ONLY apply to REGISTERED items / pilots. So all that you read and posted and the section about restricted to FRIA areas without remote ID ONLY applies to  REGISTERED items / pilots.

IF you have a drone that DOES NOT REQUIRE REGISTRATION  then Remote ID DOES NOT APPLY.

No Registration = No Remote ID
Registration = Remote ID and then you fall under these three criteria.
How to be Remote ID Ready  ( for Registered drones / pilots )
There are three ways drone pilots can meet the identification requirements of the Remote ID rule:
  • Operate a Standard Remote ID drone (PDF) that broadcasts identification and location information of the drone and control station. A Standard Remote ID drone is one that is produced with built-in Remote ID broadcast capabilities in accordance with the Remote ID rule's requirements.
  • Operate a drone with a Remote ID broadcast module(PDF). A broadcast module is a device that broadcasts identification and location information about the drone and its take-off location in accordance with the Remote ID rule's requirements. The broadcast module can be added to a drone to retrofit it with Remote ID capabilities. Pilots operating a drone with a Remote ID broadcast module must be able to see their drone at all times during flight.
  • Operate (without Remote ID equipment) (PDF) at FAA-recognized identification areas (FRIAs)sponsored by community-based organizations (CBOs) or educational institutions. FRIAs are the only locations where UAS (drones and radio-controlled airplanes) may operate without broadcasting Remote ID message elements.

All  that is directly from FAA site, same page. You are conflating Non-Registered and Registered and applying RID to both classes of operation. RID is only applied to REGISTERED class.

2023-7-27
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am trying to add my Air 3 to my FAA Dashboard however I am not seeing a Remote ID Serial Number listed on the RC2. Will this be implemented in a future firmware update? Thanks in advance!
2023-7-27
Use props
TB-AV
lvl.1
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 7-27 07:04
I am trying to add my Air 3 to my FAA Dashboard however I am not seeing a Remote ID Serial Number listed on the RC2. Will this be implemented in a future firmware update? Thanks in advance!

Try starting your drone motors. Then get your phone and look for available networks. Do you see something like  RID - 1581..........................

I'm pretty sure that is your controller
2023-7-27
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tried that, no new networks.
2023-7-27
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

TB-AV Posted at 7-27 06:47
"If there is so, please post where it say that on the FAA website. "

I presented the same statement from the FAA website to Ms Ivy in my first post here.
She didn't understand that simple and clear statement and chose to continue with her false claim and treat, setting herself up for a self-humiliation.
I think by now she realizes she is wrong, but doesn't have the balls to admit it and move on.

2023-7-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm just glad to see that my ole girl, mavic air 2 will get RID Firmware. I don't mind the wait but do hope it will be before sept. 30 though. At least I won't have to buy a module or a new drone. Although I am really liking the new Air 3 though. Tempting.
2023-7-27
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

JodyB Posted at 7-27 09:58
I'm just glad to see that my ole girl, mavic air 2 will get RID Firmware. I don't mind the wait but do hope it will be before sept. 30 though. At least I won't have to buy a module or a new drone. Although I am really liking the new Air 3 though. Tempting.

Yeah, I'm in the same camp!
The MA2 has the UUID broadcasting capability.
It was only a matter of repurposing that to broadcast RID instead of UUID.
Initially I thought DJI would not bother to allocate resources to support MA2 and leave it to deprecate, cuz that would lead to more sales of the newer drones.
It's not something they promised at  the time of sale, so they had no obligation to do this firmware update.
But they chose not to leave us in the dark.
I can't say I support everything DJI does, but this is one move from DJI that deserves a thumbs up
2023-7-27
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

TB-AV Posted at 7-27 06:47
"If there is so, please post where it say that on the FAA website. "

yup you  are right I was confusing registered drone s with non registered drones and I am a p107 flyer & my 249 gram drone is indeed registered ith the FAA . So I took it off the faa registry yesterday on dronezone  and peeled all the stickers and stuff, I have my min2flymore up for sale.
I'll get a min3 pro to replace it with to stay compliant

thanks for the comment
2023-7-27
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Wow, finally,....LOL
2023-7-27
Use props
NobodyImportant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 355030 ft
United States

WaterMaster Posted at 7-11 07:06
Autel said they wouldn't proivde RID for the Nano two months ago, they just announced RID for the Nano after users protested

I was really hoping DJI would do the right thing and not brick the mini 2’s out there by not supporting them.  It’s looking like that’s not going to happen.  
2023-7-28
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

NobodyImportant Posted at 7-28 20:25
I was really hoping DJI would do the right thing and not brick the mini 2’s out there by not supporting them.  It’s looking like that’s not going to happen.

Mini2's are under 250g limit => No registration requirement if recreational use only => No remote ID requirement.
The FAA confirmed it in their RID rule publication.

2023-7-28
Use props
Chaplain Cody Franz
New

United States

To Be Clear: there will be NO remote ID firmware for the M2EA because I did not see it on the list?
2023-7-29
Use props
Chaplain Cody Franz
New

United States

I see my drone on the controller, and it knows it's location.  Can't that be used / modified to add RID to the M2EA?  Just asking for a Friend...
2023-7-29
Use props
djiuser_pNDAewutnDMP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46375 ft

United States

El_fader Posted at 7-3 12:13
I might be the last of the Spark flyers, can't seem to find anything related about optional remote modules that would work with it.

The only other forum thread discussing this issue for the Spark is here (without a definitive answer from DJI):  https://forum.dji.com/thread-247396-1-1.html

I too am a Spark owner, I recently purchased a mini 3 however I still like the Spark way more as it offers much more functionality then the Mini 3 even though the Spark is way older.

I haven’t been able to find anything on the remote ID for it either, what sucks is that it already supports remote ID however DJI is refusing to develop a firmware update for the Spark to make remote ID satisfy the FAA laws, only because the Spark is discontinued.

However they did confirm it was capable, they just won’t develop and push an update for it.
2023-7-31
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

does the Mini 3 pro need to be License?
2023-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Potato mini Posted at 7-31 18:03
does the Mini 3 pro need to be License?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Since the Mini 3 Pro only weighs 249g, there's no need to have a license to fly it if you're using it for recreational purposes only. Drones 250g and above needs to be registered with the FAA. But still, the Mini 3 Pro is capable of broadcasting a remote ID if in any case, you are going to use the drone for commercial purposes that is, of course, need an FAA Remote Pilot Certificate. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-1
Use props
photosbyangied
lvl.1

United States

So... those of us flying a Mavic 2 Pro are left hanging until December? That's unacceptable. I need my drone for my business. I can't turn down business for 4 months waiting for DJI to get its act together. Does anyone know where we can purchase an external RID module? They seem to be difficult to find.
2023-8-1
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1362336 ft

Bulgaria

i have issues connecting to my p4 is this related
2023-8-1
Use props
BetsyCox
lvl.1

Vietnam

What's at stake?
2023-8-1
Use props
Krakozawr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250725 ft
United States

What about Inspire 2?
2023-8-1
Use props
mateen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 490850 ft
United States

Anyone able to fly without having to be connected to their phone after the latest update? My drone wont fly unless I bypass the "Remote ID Error" by plugging it in my phone....please advise
2023-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules