Remote ID Statement (07/01/2023)
104823 373 2023-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_TAM1VInLNpPU
New

United States

What about the Mini 2?  Will a firmware update be issued, or will it need an add-on module?
2023-8-3
Use props
djiuser_TAM1VInLNpPU
New

United States

kvk67 Posted at 7-4 05:14
Mini 2 not required to have RID.

If flown under Part 107 it will
2023-8-3
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

djiuser_adIqtcmRYPcp Posted at 7-7 07:56
I know the Phantom 4 Pro is similar to the V2 version. The only difference being the transmission system. I have 2 that I use for Photogrammetry. Will this get the remote ID update also?

I certainly hope they upgrade the P4P ver 1.  I can't imagine it would be too hard.  I just don't want to purchase a module if I don't have too.  Even if I have to wait until after the first of the year I don't care.  I have a AIR2S that I can fly in the mean time.
2023-8-3
Use props
Brian5601
New
United States

Old school here. How about the Mavic Pro?
2023-8-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Brian5601 Posted at 8-3 15:27
Old school here. How about the Mavic Pro?

Thank you for your feedback. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, RID compliance for American users starts on September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. After September 16, 2023, users can purchase third-party RID modules that comply with the RID MOC retrofitted to the aircraft to achieve this function.
2023-8-4
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

Did this happened yet for the Mavic 2 Pro?: "Firmware upgrade will available by September 30, 2023   at the latest."

If so what FW version was it?

Thanks
2023-8-4
Use props
djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz
lvl.2

United States

What about the Phantom 4 RTK?  Same as the Pr Pro v2.0?
2023-8-5
Use props
kjc6986
New

United States

This post/list does not make this clear for many people. Are the drones on this list the only ones that are (or will be) RID-compliant without a third-party broadcast module?
2023-8-5
Use props
djiuser_kQEqDK1JilBr
New

United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-19 17:14
True.  But in the USA without RID you will be limited to flying in FRIA approved area's only. Making it where flying in your back yard could get you a ticket.

I know every one keeps saying if your drone is under 250grams you can fly your drone as normal with out RID .  But that is not true at all in fact  I can not find that statement anywhere in the FAA web site on remote ID https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id

Sub 250g drones, uses recreationally,  are exemted from all RID rules. It's in the 1st paragraph. Any drone not required to register is exempted. The fria's are part of the RID regarding drones that can be flown solely there. Sub 250g, recreationally flown ones are exempt from all tat, and allowed to fly anywhere they have the proper airspace for. RID is basically tied to requirement to register.
2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz Posted at 8-5 11:22
What about the Phantom 4 RTK?  Same as the Pr Pro v2.0?

Hi, djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz. Thank you for reaching out. For the Phantom 4 RTK, the function is under development and will be also supported as planned. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MRomine Posted at 8-4 07:10
Did this happened yet for the Mavic 2 Pro?: "Firmware upgrade will available by September 30, 2023   at the latest."

Hi, MRomine. Thank you for reaching out. The Firmware upgrade of Mavic 2 Pro will be available by December 31, 2023  at the latest.
2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kjc6986 Posted at 8-5 18:06
This post/list does not make this clear for many people. Are the drones on this list the only ones that are (or will be) RID-compliant without a third-party broadcast module?

Hi, kjc6986. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us with a specific drone model for us the check if it is RID firmware compliant?
2023-8-6
Use props
FeralUrchin
lvl.2

United States

Since there appears to be no upgrade path for the Mini 2 features for recreation-only pilots; namely sub-250 g, no registration, no RID requirement, it appears that after the Mini 2 is discontinued DJI will not offer any product for recreatioal pilots wishing not to register their drones (sub-250 g) and also wishing not to have RID (as allowed by the FAA) in this case.

Is it correct to say that DJI is abandoning the recreational-only, sub-250g, unregistrted and without RID market?
2023-8-7
Use props
Greyback
lvl.3
United States

MRomine Posted at 8-4 07:10

I also have a Mavic 2 Pro. The list says the RID firmware will be available no later than Dec. 31 2023. Not Sept. 31, 2023.

I contacted DJI and they said they are working on it but have no more information on the FW date.
2023-8-8
Use props
J0NAS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2111886 ft
United States

What about 03 air unit?
2023-8-8
Use props
djiuser_c3KeD7fmt6Nt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1555354 ft
United States

As long as I don't need to connect my phone when I fly the fpv or avada I'm fine.
2023-8-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

J0NAS Posted at 8-8 10:45
What about 03 air unit?

Hi, J0NAS. The DJI O3 Air Unit does not have a built-in GPS module, so it does not support this function.
2023-8-9
Use props
mateen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 490850 ft
United States

djiuser_c3KeD7fmt6Nt Posted at 8-8 18:52
As long as I don't need to connect my phone when I fly the fpv or avada I'm fine.

I agree, but so far this seems to be the case. As of the last update I cannot even start the motors (Remote ID Error warning in goggles) unless it's plugged into my phone and I have the DJI Fly App up and running.

Surely they have to be working on a fix for this?
2023-8-9
Use props
Jnperdue
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_qrSRnbtwlPuO Posted at 7-1 14:36
Hello guys! Im new just bought my first drone a mini 3 I love it

My Mavic 3 was purchased April 2022.  Will a firmware update give it remote id or do I need a separate module?
2023-8-12
Use props
Jnperdue
lvl.1
United States

My Mavic 3 was purchased April 2022.  Will a firmware update give it remote id or do I need a separate module?
2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jnperdue Posted at 8-12 11:54

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. The Mavic 3 already has RID broadcasting capability. It's written as "No" on the chart because it does not have an upcoming firmware upgrade for RID since it is already RID compliant. So no need to buy a separate RID module. We appreciate your support. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-14
Use props
Paul Lykins
New
Flight distance : 1401 ft
  • >>>
United States

so I have an original Mavic Air. Am I going to be able to use this,I am working getting my Part 107 right now
2023-8-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Paul Lykins Posted at 8-14 15:22
so I have an original Mavic Air. Am I going to be able to use this,I am working getting my Part 107 right now

Hi, Paul Lykins. For Mavic Air, you may purchase third-party RID modules that comply with the RID MOC retrofitted to the aircraft to achieve this function. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-8-15
Use props
Armyflier
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3780 ft
United States

What about if I want to fly Ken's real estate agent on a 1/7 scale turbine H-60 to take listing photos of his Mojo Dojo Casa House so he can sell it before Barbie gets back?  I mean, thanks DJI for not rendering my Air 2 that I've barely had time to fly, obsolete just quite yet - I appreciate it!
2023-8-18
Use props
fans9e606e4d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82231 ft
United States

Kernel Droner Posted at 7-3 06:33
I'm really curious now. The Mavic Pro Platinum, which has already received a Declaration of Compliance from the FAA, is not mentioned in your list. What is its current status?

i use one for work and would like to know as well
2023-8-18
Use props
Съни Петрушков
New

Bulgaria

Will the remote ID update be forced on the EU users or will there be an option for enabling it and disabling?
2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Съни Петрушков Posted at 8-19 23:43
Will the remote ID update be forced on the EU users or will there be an option for enabling it and disabling?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Remote ID cannot be removed or disabled. However, please note that the Remote ID will only be broadcasted when you are in the country/region where it is implemented. We recommend that you always check for local laws and regulations before flying the drone in other areas. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day!
2023-8-20
Use props
PilotPete
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-6 20:13
Hi, kjc6986. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us with a specific drone model for us the check if it is RID firmware compliant?

If I could jump in here - what about the Phantom 4 Pro (version 1)?
2023-8-20
Use props
zeddock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 951 ft
United States

There is talk about how the rule does not start until Sept 15th 2023, however, you cannot even renew a previous FAA registration without a Remote ID... Meaning I am grounded now, before the deadline.

Also, with all of the talk about getting older units compliant with add-ons, VERY few real options seem to exist, and few posts about add-on modules that are working.

Something really smells on this whole thing.  Grounding the old workhorse P4P, is a horrible idea. Unless of course, you want to sell more new drones!
2023-8-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PilotPete Posted at 8-20 12:55
If I could jump in here - what about the Phantom 4 Pro (version 1)?

Hi, PilotPete. For this model, users can purchase third-party RID modules that comply with the RID MOC retrofitted to the aircraft to achieve this function. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-8-22
Use props
mateen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 490850 ft
United States

Is there going to be something done about the fact that you have to have your goggles plugged into the phone and connected to the DJI FLY APP now in order to even start your motors (Remote ID Error) for the DJI FPV?
2023-8-23
Use props
djiuser_CnUa8p5F0HCv
New
Flight distance : 72149 ft

United States

Aloha my name is Amanda vierra  and I wanted to know who I email to ask about maybe getting a discount or help. I had an inspire 1 pro and I loved it! I used it for fishing taking epic videos and so much more! I live in Lahaina my address was 407 hauola place and due to the wildfire I lost everything including my home and my drone and two cars and fishing poles dirt bikes, just everything. Paperwork and all. I have some videos from my phone I took with my drone but was wondering if there was anything I can do to maybe get a discount or anything that can help. Recording the fire and future events would be so helpful. Expecially being able to look at my place easier. If there is anything you can do please let me know. I saved up for it for a while so there is no way I can afford another one.
2023-8-24
Use props
djiuser_CnUa8p5F0HCv
New
Flight distance : 72149 ft

United States

My email is vierra.Amanda.marie@gmail.com
2023-8-24
Use props
fansa5c228b9
lvl.1

United States

Ranger7777 Posted at 7-2 10:11
Well, I guess I am 2/3 there. I have an Avata and an FPV so they have or will have built in RID. Yay!  However I also have a mini 2 and that will require a module.  Good news is I only have to buy one.  But it is not good news for anyone flying under the recreational exemption since the module will put it over 250g.

Mini 2 is under the .55 lb weight limit. According to what I’ve read you don’t have to have it on the ones that don’t have to be registered (under .55lbs).
2023-8-24
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-4 14:41
I will buy a module just to have one just in case.  In fact, I will need one for my Autel Evo 2 V1.  As a recreational pilot, you only need to have one module and you can move it from drone-to-drone as you fly each of them.  I don't expect them to be $300 or $400 but more likely averaging about $100 or less by the end of the year.  However, if a million DJI drones are all of a sudden not needing the module, this could put a dent in the market and keep the prices a bit higher.  The Mini 3 is not required to have RID but DJi gave it so maybe they should give it to Mini 2 as well which would keep the weight under 250 without a module and you can probably still use it overseas when they get RID.

I realize this is a couple months old but all the drone manufactures where mandated to make them RFID compliant by the FAA. The effective date of Remote ID compliance for drone manufactures  was pushed back from September 16, 2022, to December 16, 2022. Bottom line all drone manufactures must have all drones RFID compliant so this is why the Mini 3 and all newer drones have it regardless of weight. All Part 107 remote pilots must have RFID anyway regardless if it’s under 250 gram so it makes sense. Enjoy.
2023-8-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wyldwestaz10 Posted at 8-24 15:51
I realize this is a couple months old but all the drone manufactures where mandated to make them RFID compliant by the FAA. The effective date of Remote ID compliance for drone manufactures  was pushed back from September 16, 2022, to December 16, 2022. Bottom line all drone manufactures must have all drones sold compliant so this is why the Mini 3 and all newer drones have it regardless of weight. All Part 107 remote pilots must have RFID anyway regardless if it’s under 250 gram so it makes sense. Enjoy.

I think it is pretty clear:

Operating Rules
Under the final rule, all UA required to register must remotely identify, and operators have three
options (described below) to satisfy this requirement. For UA weighing 0.55 lbs or less, remote
identification is only required if the UA is operated under rules that require registration, such as
part 107. Operational rules take effect 30 months after the effective date of the rule.

Design and Production Rules for Manufacturers
• Most unmanned aircraft must be produced as Standard Remote ID Unmanned Aircraft and
meet the requirements of this rule beginning 18 months after the effective date of the rule.

Subpart F— Remote Identification Design and Production

§ 89.501 Applicability.

(a) This subpart prescribes—

(1) Requirements for the design and production of unmanned aircraft with remote identification produced for operation in the airspace of the United States.

(2) Requirements for the design and production of remote identification broadcast modules.

(3) Procedural requirements for the submission, acceptance, and rescission of declarations of compliance.

(4) Rules governing persons submitting declarations of compliance for FAA acceptance under this part.

(b) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, this subpart applies to the design and production of all unmanned aircraft operated in the airspace of the United States.

(c) Except for unmanned aircraft designed and produced to be standard remote identification unmanned aircraft, this subpart does not apply to the design or production of:

(1) Home-built unmanned aircraft.

(2) Unmanned aircraft of the United States Government.

(3) Unmanned aircraft that weigh 0.55 pounds or less on takeoff, including everything that is on board or otherwise attached to the aircraft.

(4) Unmanned aircraft designed or produced exclusively for the purpose of aeronautical research or to show compliance with regulations.
2023-8-24
Use props
snowfly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 216138 ft
United States

Please DJI Captain, let us Inspire 2 owners/pilots know of the planned status of RID for our birds. I remember 2-3 years ago when the FAA was first starting down this road, the Prez of DJI posted a great letter with great promises, that DJI would do EVERYTHING possible to deal with RID compliance for even the older (and early) UAS products when the the time came. I was flying both the Inspire 1 and 2 then, and had an early Mavic. I was relieved and believed that all would be good. I no longer have the Mavic model or Inspire 1. BUT, I still use my I2 for Part 107 projects. I have a lot of $$ invested in this bird believing that RID would be taken care of. So far, I have seen a lot of questions from patient DJI pilots on this thread asking 'WHAT ABOUT THE I2?' And so far CRICKETS. So I will also add my name on the growing list of queries: 'WHAT ABOUT THE I2?'  And at the same time, I continue to reflect on the DJI promise(s) that have been made in the past by management to DJI's loyal customers that we will be taken care of......Waiting for a response.....
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

mateen Posted at 8-23 05:09
Is there going to be something done about the fact that you have to have your goggles plugged into the phone and connected to the DJI FLY APP now in order to even start your motors (Remote ID Error) for the DJI FPV?

Hi, mateen. Thank you for reaching out. If you are using DJI FPV Goggles V2 or DJI Goggles 2 with the FPV drone, are advised to connect your mobile phone to the goggles, please make sure the firmware version and app version have been updated to the latest. For mobile devices, it should allow the DJI Fly to obtain the location information and also needs to ensure that the DJI Fly app runs in the foreground. If you do not connect your mobile phone, you will not be able to take off. If you don't want to connect your phone, we suggest upgrading to DJI Goggles Integra which is now compatible with DJI FPV and does not need to connect to a mobile device as it is with an internal GPS module. Hope this helps.
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_CnUa8p5F0HCv Posted at 8-24 09:54
Aloha my name is Amanda vierra  and I wanted to know who I email to ask about maybe getting a discount or help. I had an inspire 1 pro and I loved it! I used it for fishing taking epic videos and so much more! I live in Lahaina my address was 407 hauola place and due to the wildfire I lost everything including my home and my drone and two cars and fishing poles dirt bikes, just everything. Paperwork and all. I have some videos from my phone I took with my drone but was wondering if there was anything I can do to maybe get a discount or anything that can help. Recording the fire and future events would be so helpful. Expecially being able to look at my place easier. If there is anything you can do please let me know. I saved up for it for a while so there is no way I can afford another one.

Hi, Amanda. We're sorry to read about what happened. Regretfully, all products in our store are priced at their official rates and we are unable to provide additional discounts. Please stay tuned to DJI Online Store for any future offers and promotions. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

snowfly Posted at 8-25 13:00
Please DJI Captain, let us Inspire 2 owners/pilots know of the planned status of RID for our birds. I remember 2-3 years ago when the FAA was first starting down this road, the Prez of DJI posted a great letter with great promises, that DJI would do EVERYTHING possible to deal with RID compliance for even the older (and early) UAS products when the the time came. I was flying both the Inspire 1 and 2 then, and had an early Mavic. I was relieved and believed that all would be good. I no longer have the Mavic model or Inspire 1. BUT, I still use my I2 for Part 107 projects. I have a lot of $$ invested in this bird believing that RID would be taken care of. So far, I have seen a lot of questions from patient DJI pilots on this thread asking 'WHAT ABOUT THE I2?' And so far CRICKETS. So I will also add my name on the growing list of queries: 'WHAT ABOUT THE I2?'  And at the same time, I continue to reflect on the DJI promise(s) that have been made in the past by management to DJI's loyal customers that we will be taken care of......Waiting for a response.....

Hi, snowfly. For older products like Inspire 2, users are advised to purchase third-party RID modules that comply with the RID MOC retrofitted to the aircraft to achieve this function. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules