United States

What about the Air 3?
2023-9-9
Use props
kont
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91614 ft
United States

Hi all. I recently bought my first drone. I started to understand the flight rules.
I can’t understand where you can fly and where you can’t, where you need permission to fly and where you don’t. Can someone help with this, or maybe it was discussed earlier on the forum and show the link.
thank you.
2023-9-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Shoeless Posted at 9-9 12:37
What about the Air 3?

Hi, Shoeless. DJI Air 3 supports FAA RID requirements with the factory firmware version, while it takes time to have this update on the FAA Official Website due to the changes in the format of the materials required by the FAA to apply for RID compliance. DJI is actively communicating with the FAA in a timely manner, and it is expected that AIR 3 will be announced on the FAA website soon.
2023-9-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kont Posted at 9-9 16:59
Hi all. I recently bought my first drone. I started to understand the flight rules.
I can’t understand where you can fly and where you can’t, where you need permission to fly and where you don’t. Can someone help with this, or maybe it was discussed earlier on the forum and show the link.
thank you.

Hi, kont. Thank you for reaching out. Please visit the Fly Safe website where you will see a page filled with the latest tips, regulatory links, and instructional videos. You can also learn about the DJI GEO System along with its flight
2023-9-10
Use props
Spectre630
New

United States

I can’t understand where you can fly and where you can’t, where you need permission to fly and where you don’t. Can someone help with this, or maybe it was discussed earlier on the forum and show the link.
thank you.

If you're doing anything other than flying for recreation (i.e., you're just flying to have fun, maybe take a picture or video for your family photo album), then you must be a Part 107 pilot.  If you find you're doing anything that requires Part 107, check out Pilot Institute.  They have a good online training program and are a good advocate for the industry.
2023-9-11
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check B4UFly for Federal flight restrictions. That's an official FAA-approved app/site, not something run by a foreign drone manufacturing company.
2023-9-11
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Spectre630 Posted at 9-11 03:39
If you're doing anything other than flying for recreation (i.e., you're just flying to have fun, maybe take a picture or video for your family photo album), then you must be a Part 107 pilot.  If you find you're doing anything that requires Part 107, check out Pilot Institute.  They have a good online training program and are a good advocate for the industry.

@Spectre360- common forum etiquette when recommending a product or company is to include a statement disclosing any affiliation (or denying it).
2023-9-11
Use props
Arizona Wyldwest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75194 ft
United States

Use Air Control app.  It is where you actually get the LAANC approvals. FAA has partnered with Air Control and all approvals are done through Air Control so it’s accurate. No need to se two different apps Enjoy.
2023-9-11
Use props
Sean Foster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13707 ft
United States

kvk67 Posted at 7-4 05:13
Mini 2 is not required to be registered, therefore not required to use RID.

Tell that to the FAA when you're using it while charging for your services.
2023-9-12
Use props
dario.finderlegmail.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1834360 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

I have a Air 2S fully updated, but don't see the RID in the About section of DJI Fly nor in the main fly screen. Also don't see it in scanner apps like Air sentinel. What is the problem?
2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dario.finderlegmail.com Posted at 9-12 09:16
I have a Air 2S fully updated, but don't see the RID in the About section of DJI Fly nor in the main fly screen. Also don't see it in scanner apps like Air sentinel. What is the problem?

Hello there. Please make sure to have the latest from your remote controller and drone or refresh each firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 from your computer: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series. Also, try reinstalling the latest version of the DJI Fly app. Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-12
Use props
dario.finderlegmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

DJI Tony Posted at 9-12 20:06
Hello there. Please make sure to have the latest from your remote controller and drone or refresh each firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 from your computer: https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series. Also, try reinstalling the latest version of the DJI Fly app. Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.

Done all that many times - no difference
2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dario.finderlegmail.com Posted at 9-12 23:52
Done all that many times - no difference

Hi. Can you please send us a screenshot from your "about" section showing the firmware of each unit and the app version? Thank you very much.
2023-9-13
Use props
smfmedia
lvl.2
United States

https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/faa-extends-remote-id-enforcement-date-six-months

Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Drone pilots who are unable to comply with the broadcast requirement of the Remote ID Rule will now have until March 16, 2024, to equip their aircraft. After that date, operators could face fines and suspension or revocation of pilot certificates.
2023-9-13
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

And there you have it. As smfmedia posted, theFAA has announcesd a 6-month estension until March 16, 2024!

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id

https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/faa-extends-remote-id-enforcement-date-six-months

Screenshot 2023-09-13 101736.jpg
2023-9-13
Use props
Sean Foster
lvl.1
United States

And what about the Mini 2? Please do not say it's not required for the Mini 2 because if used for commercial proposes (and there are A LOT of us who use it for that) it IS required.
2023-9-13
Use props
Sean Foster
lvl.1
United States

I can’t understand where you can fly and where you can’t, where you need permission to fly and where you don’t. Can someone help with this, or maybe it was discussed earlier on the forum and show the link.
thank you.
The best info I can give is that you can fly in Class G Airspace as well as Class E airspace that is not primary to an airport, from the ground up to a max of 400' (or, max 400' above the top portion of an object while within 400' laterally from the object) unless otherwise restricted, and from official sunrise to sunset (and during the periods of civil twilight if the drone is equipped with an anticollision light visible from a minimum of 3 miles). Also, you must stay at least 500' below clouds and 2,000' from them horizontally. If you are unsure about any of this, even the least bit, I would HIGHLY recommend taking the class from Pilot Institute and I can just about guarantee that by the end of it, you will know EXACTLY where you can and can't fly. I hope that helps. Also, I am not affiliated with Pilot Institute other than the fact that I took their Part 107 class and in my opinion, it was money well-spent.
2023-9-13
Use props
Sean Foster
lvl.1
United States

patiam Posted at 9-13 09:25
And there you have it. As smfmedia posted, theFAA has announcesd a 6-month estension until March 16, 2024!

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id
[Image]

It's actually not an extension. It just says the FAA will "exercise discretion on whether or not to take enforcement action" until March. Aircraft which already have remote ID capability still have to use them beginning on September 16th. Likewise, if you have a remote ID module,
you also have to use it beginning on September 16th. To avoid "enforcement action," you will have to have a good reason for not having it (either built in or via a module) and luckily, the unavailability of the modules is highly likely to be a good enough reason for those who don't have the functionality built in.
2023-9-13
Use props
mgphoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2906398 ft
United States

Well here is the rub, insurance companies will be able to reject claims because the pilot is in non-compliance with the regulations. Full stop, it does not delay implementation, so you’re still non-compliant, want to risk everything without insurance?
This is still a BIG issue for commercial operations.
2023-9-13
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sean Foster Posted at 9-13 12:42
It's actually not an extension. It just says the FAA will "exercise discretion on whether or not to take enforcement action" until March. Aircraft which already have remote ID capability still have to use them beginning on September 16th. Likewise, if you have a remote ID module,
you also have to use it beginning on September 16th. To avoid "enforcement action," you will have to have a good reason for not having it (either built in or via a module) and luckily, the unavailability of the modules is highly likely to be a good enough reason for those who don't have the functionality built in.

Where does it say that? Got a link?
2023-9-13
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

Disregard this reply...
2023-9-13
Use props
fanscb142303
New
Flight distance : 617067 ft
United States

Just received email confirmation from the FAA this morning 9-14-23 regarding the new Air 3 with remote ID. This is their response.
FAA-The DJI Air 3 DOES NOT have an FAA-approved Declaration of Compliance for remote ID.
when will this be addressed?  
And yea I know RID is delayed until 3-24.
2023-9-14
Use props
djiuser_HkJXHqZMmXm6
New

United States

This is confusing. After my last update my fpv is only flyable if I have my cell connected. Wtf do I do to fix this if the fpv doesn't need a remote id module?!
2023-9-14
Use props
dario.finderlegmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

DJI Tony Posted at 9-13 00:12
Hi. Can you please send us a screenshot from your "about" section showing the firmware of each unit and the app version? Thank you very much.

Here are screenshots:

2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for the added information. Are you using the DJI Smart Controller? Please make sure to connect it to the internet and upgrade it to the latest firmware.

Please keep me posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-14
Use props
jbercaw
New

United States

I'm tired of hearing that the Mini 2 does not need Remote ID. That is true for a recreational pilot with a mini 2 in the simplest configuration. Otherwise, it will require a Remote ID.  
2023-9-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fanscb142303 Posted at 9-14 03:51
Just received email confirmation from the FAA this morning 9-14-23 regarding the new Air 3 with remote ID. This is their response.
FAA-The DJI Air 3 DOES NOT have an FAA-approved Declaration of Compliance for remote ID.
when will this be addressed?  

Hi, fanscb142303. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. DJI Air 3 supports FAA RID requirements with the factory firmware version, while it takes time to have this update on the FAA Official Website due to the changes in the format of the materials required by the FAA to apply for RID compliance. DJI is actively communicating with the FAA in a timely manner, and it is expected that AIR 3 will be announced on the FAA website soon.

Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_HkJXHqZMmXm6 Posted at 9-14 08:00
This is confusing. After my last update my fpv is only flyable if I have my cell connected. Wtf do I do to fix this if the fpv doesn't need a remote id module?!

Hello, djiuser_HkJXHqZMmXm6. We're sorry for the inconvenience. DJI FPV now supports the Remote ID function in the US.

For DJI FPV, before flying in the current area, you are advised to connect your mobile phone to the goggles, please make sure the firmware version and app version have been updated to the latest. For mobile devices, it should allow the DJI Fly to obtain the location information and also needs to ensure that the DJI Fly app runs in the foreground. If you do not connect your mobile phone, you will not be able to take off (DJI Goggles Integra does not need to connect to a mobile device as it is with an internal GPS module). Please connect it before using the aircraft. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-9-16
Use props
tundrwd
lvl.2
United States

I have not been flying Phantom 4 (NOT Pro) for a couple of years.  Wanting to fly again, and can't find any straight up-or-down answers on if the P4 has RID capability via a firmware update.  I've checked lists - some give what will eventually have a RID firmware update, some only show what the FAA has approved - it's a bit all over the map.  I do NOT fly commercially (part 107)

So - straight up and down - does the P4 have ability for RID via firmware update or not?  Or will it?  
2023-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

tundrwd Posted at 9-17 07:05
I have not been flying Phantom 4 (NOT Pro) for a couple of years.  Wanting to fly again, and can't find any straight up-or-down answers on if the P4 has RID capability via a firmware update.  I've checked lists - some give what will eventually have a RID firmware update, some only show what the FAA has approved - it's a bit all over the map.  I do NOT fly commercially (part 107)

So - straight up and down - does the P4 have ability for RID via firmware update or not?  Or will it?

Hi, tundrwd. Thank you for reaching out. For the Phantom 4 series, only Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 will have an update by December 31, 2023, at the latest. For the Phantom 4, there will be no RID-compliant update. Please purchase a third-party RID module for Phantom 4 Pro to be RID compliant. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-9-17
Use props
tundrwd
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-17 07:54
Hi, tundrwd. Thank you for reaching out. For the Phantom 4 series, only Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 will have an update by December 31, 2023, at the latest. For the Phantom 4, there will be no RID-compliant update. Please purchase a third-party RID module for Phantom 4 Pro to be RID compliant. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Ok - so what module(s) work with a P4 - DJI controller and software (or will other software be necessary to have it broadcast the ID?)
2023-9-17
Use props
djiuser_Gj9BaGcDSyNE
lvl.1

United States

DKGPST Posted at 7-2 22:23
Mini 2 does not need Remote ID, if it is used for pure recreational flight.

However If not flying recreationally it does need remote ID, hence the interest in firmware updates.
2023-9-17
Use props
djiuser_Gj9BaGcDSyNE
lvl.1

United States

TatoMorales Posted at 7-10 11:29
I think I'm a little confused, I have the mini 1 and only use it recreationally, does this mean I don't need RID? As far as I understand, it doesn't matter if it is recreational or part 107, all drones must have their RID. Am I wrong?

Yes you are wrong.
2023-9-17
Use props
dario.finderlegmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

DJI Tony Posted at 9-14 20:52
Hi there. Thank you for the added information. Are you using the DJI Smart Controller? Please make sure to connect it to the internet and upgrade it to the latest firmware.
[view_image]
Please keep me posted. Have a great day ahead.

Yes I use the DJI smart controller and the app version is 1.10.6, as you can see it in the images.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

tundrwd Posted at 9-17 10:42
Ok - so what module(s) work with a P4 - DJI controller and software (or will other software be necessary to have it broadcast the ID?)

Hi, tundrwd. Regretfully, we don't have any recommended RID module but you may purchase a third-party RID module that complies with RID MOC and add it to the aircraft. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-9-18
Use props
SonyNguyen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64452 ft
Vietnam

Hello guys! Can u tell me how to post a new threads pls!!!
2023-9-18
Use props
Arizona Wyldwest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75194 ft
United States

As far as the questions about any of the newer drones which already have RFID built in, there is no on or off switch. It is transmitting and it uses your S/N so if the firmware is up to date then it is transmitting the info. If you use Airdata like I do it reocognizes the RFID and indicates it's functioning normally. Biggest issue is not many pilots seeing their drone on most apps. I'm only a Hobbyist and I don't care if some app isn't showing it as long as their complisnt. Enjoy.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dario.finderlegmail.com Posted at 9-18 06:28
Yes I use the DJI smart controller and the app version is 1.10.6, as you can see it in the images.

Hi. Thank you for the reply. Your Smart Controller firmware is still at the 01.01.0064 version. The latest version is 01.01.0072. Please try connecting the Smart controller to a stable Wi-Fi with a good internet connection and then go to the About section and select "Check for Updates". You can also update the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2. You can download it from your computer using this link: https://www.dji.com/global/smart-controller/downloads. I appreciate your patience.
2023-9-18
Use props
dario.finderlegmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

DJI Tony Posted at 9-18 21:14
Hi. Thank you for the reply. Your Smart Controller firmware is still at the 01.01.0064 version. The latest version is 01.01.0072. Please try connecting the Smart controller to a stable Wi-Fi with a good internet connection and then go to the About section and select "Check for Updates". You can also update the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2. You can download it from your computer using this link: https://www.dji.com/global/smart-controller/downloads. I appreciate your patience.

My RC is DJI RM500. There is no option in the About section to update the RC. The Aircraft firmware is now updated to 02.04.2500.

The link you provided is for the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and is NOT compatible with Air 2S (see screenshot 1). I have the Assistant 2 for consumer drone series, it recognizes the Air 2S but there is no option to update the RC (see screenshot 2).
2023-9-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dario.finderlegmail.com Posted at 9-20 07:50
My RC is DJI RM500. There is no option in the About section to update the RC. The Aircraft firmware is now updated to 02.04.2500.

The link you provided is for the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and is NOT compatible with Air 2S (see screenshot 1). I have the Assistant 2 for consumer drone series, it recognizes the Air 2S but there is no option to update the RC (see screenshot 2)[view_image][view_image].

Hi there. The Smart Controller can be updated on both versions. The pictures you posted are from your Air 2S connected to the Assistant 2. Can you please try connecting the Smart controller to the Assistant 2 instead?
2023-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules