Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dario.finderlegmail.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1834360 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

DJI Tony Posted at 9-20 23:04
Hi there. The Smart Controller can be updated on both versions. The pictures you posted are from your Air 2S connected to the Assistant 2. Can you please try connecting the Smart controller to the Assistant 2 instead?

Updated the RC to 01.01.0072 and still no RID. Not in the app and cant find it on AirSentinel.

Screenshots are showing the new versions.
2023-9-21
Use props
raptor123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108780 ft

United States

Hi , can you please tell me how I can disable remote ID on my mini 3?  I am a recreational flier only and have safety concerns with remote ID.  If this is not possible now, will it be available in the future?  Thanks.
2023-9-21
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

raptor123 Posted at 9-21 11:00
Hi , can you please tell me how I can disable remote ID on my mini 3?  I am a recreational flier only and have safety concerns with remote ID.  If this is not possible now, will it be available in the future?  Thanks.

It’s always on. I’m guessing DJI will not add the ability to turn it off. I imagine way too many would turn off regardless if required or not.
2023-9-22
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

dario.finderlegmail.com Posted at 9-21 05:15
Updated the RC to 01.01.0072 and still no RID. Not in the app and cant find it on AirSentinel.

Screenshots are showing the new versions.[view_image][view_image]

There is no RFID enabled setting or designation which says it's working. It is the drones serial number. The A2S has already been on the FAA declaration of Compliance for some time now. If it's up to date then it meets the requirements. Enjoy.

https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs
2023-9-22
Use props
dario.finderlegmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

Wyldwestaz10 Posted at 9-22 18:43
There is no RFID enabled setting or designation which says it's working. It is the drones serial number. The A2S has already been on the FAA declaration of Compliance for some time now. If it's up to date then it meets the requirements. Enjoy.

https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs

This is not correct, at least not mentioned by the DJI staff in other threads.

DJI Tony says that you can check it by searching WiFi networks with your cell phone. Doing that I don't see any RID- WiFi network. And don't see it in any drone scanner app.
2023-9-23
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

Thats not the drone that’s a device.  The drone does not have a a section for it's RFID. Also some devices like Apple won’t work due to the Wi-Fi protocol. I only use iPads and no app works with it. It’s compliant so I fly it. It’s about 6 months away now so fly and enjoy. If using an Android OS device then it may work.
2023-9-23
Use props
PaulBerkeley
New
United States

This may have been covered already, but I have an original Mavic Pro. (Actually, 2 of them.)  What are my options for Remote ID?
2023-9-23
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

PaulBerkeley Posted at 9-23 13:36
This may have been covered already, but I have an original Mavic Pro. (Actually, 2 of them.)  What are my options for Remote ID?

Unfortunately it’s not on the DJI’s list of future firmware updates so your stuck with purchasing a approved RFID module. Frustrating for sure.
2023-9-23
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info
2023-9-23
Use props
tundrwd
lvl.2
United States

I'll ask again - I've been to a couple of vendors - and seems no one has an external module for the P4.  At least none that I can find.  P4 Pro - yes, original P4 - no.

Are there any external modules available for an original P4?  Or do I have a $1200 paperweight?

If there are some available, and you can't post here, message me.
2023-9-26
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20358422 ft
United States

I got this email from the FAA safety team today.
It appears the Faa is extending the length of time for drone operators to comply with the RID law. because of lack of remote id modules

also the FAA is going to change some of the terms for drones under 249 grams ruling as so to make the sub249g comply with the rid law as well.

2023-9-26
Use props
mgphoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2906398 ft
United States

Well thank you DJI for adding RID to the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, now I am complying with the FAA regulations and my insurance should cover my missions.
One of the DJI people asked what features could be added, I gave a list, I would add manual white balance to the list.
2023-9-27
Use props
mgphoto
lvl.3
United States

tundrwd Posted at 9-26 08:50
I'll ask again - I've been to a couple of vendors - and seems no one has an external module for the P4.  At least none that I can find.  P4 Pro - yes, original P4 - no.

Are there any external modules available for an original P4?  Or do I have a $1200 paperweight?

Any external module will work, drone doesn’t matter, the units are in short supply because everyone needs them now. I bought one for my Inspire 2 months ago and DJI just released the updated firmware for the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced for Remote ID. I’m waiting for a tiny unit to use on my Mini 2, just waiting for the back order.
2023-9-27
Use props
mgphoto
lvl.3
United States

mgphoto Posted at 9-27 08:20
Well thank you DJI for adding RID to the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, now I am complying with the FAA regulations and my insurance should cover my missions.
One of the DJI people asked what features could be added, I gave a list, I would add manual white balance to the list.

Tested the Remote ID function today against a Mavic Air 3 and an Inspire 3, all three produced the same results using an Android Tab A showing the flight path and operator position with an app called OpenDroneID. Thanks DJI now could I get a firmware update that is useful for the pilot? Check my list.
2023-9-27
Use props
Coach Kerry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 137493 ft
United States

I have the Mavic 3 and is listed as compliant but the rule states I must have a sticker attached to the drone that states the drone is ID compliant. Does DJI have these stickers available?
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

raptor123 Posted at 9-21 11:00
Hi , can you please tell me how I can disable remote ID on my mini 3?  I am a recreational flier only and have safety concerns with remote ID.  If this is not possible now, will it be available in the future?  Thanks.

Hi, raptor123. FAA regulations do not require users to register ≤0.55 lbs (250g) aircraft purely for recreational use, so such users are not required to comply with RID regulations. However, since the mini 3 series supports battery plus in the United States, the take-off weight of this model will exceed 0.55 pounds. According to the requirements of FAA Remote ID regulations 89.501, if the manufacturer produces a drone with a maximum take-off weight of more than 0.55 pounds, The aircraft must have standard Remote ID functionality; and per § 89.310(d), the aircraft with built-in standard Remote ID cannot be disabled by the user. Therefore, in order for DJI to comply with the requirements of the FAA Remote ID regulations on manufacturers, the Mini 3 series has to have a built-in standard Remote ID function and cannot be turned off.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PaulBerkeley Posted at 9-23 13:36

Hi, PaulBerkeley. For Mavic Pro, users are advised to purchase third-party RID modules that comply with the RID MOC retrofitted to the aircraft to achieve this function. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Coach Kerry Posted at 9-27 15:46
I have the Mavic 3 and is listed as compliant but the rule states I must have a sticker attached to the drone that states the drone is ID compliant. Does DJI have these stickers available?

Hi, Coach Kerry. The RID compliance identifier is usually printed on a sticker with the drone serial number, as shown in the Figure below:
2023-9-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-28 04:16
Hi, Coach Kerry. The RID compliance identifier is usually printed on a sticker with the drone serial number, as shown in the Figure below:
[view_image]

I had actually called support about this sticker. With what you posted, I was able to find it, but I think our only hope if we are approached by someone from the FAA is a really young person with extremely good eye sight. I had to use a flashlight and use my iphone 14 pro max with the camera is macro mode to see it. SO TINY.
2023-9-28
Use props
Danimal0017
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2045164 ft
United States

Well its Almost October 2023, Still looking to find out how close DJI is to releasing updates for RID for the P4P2.0. December 2023 is closely approaching.
2023-9-29
Use props
djiuser_QhXxa2OaQoc1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1065417 ft

United States

I bought an Air 3 and I love it
2023-9-30
Use props
djiuser_BzzhnCwGJ7xL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232133 ft
United States

DKGPST Posted at 7-2 22:23
Mini 2 does not need Remote ID, if it is used for pure recreational flight.

I have a mini 2 that I have 107 regeneration on.
What do I do, I’m sure that there are other mini 2 owners that have 107   
What do we do
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_BzzhnCwGJ7xL Posted at 10-1 12:12
I have a mini 2 that I have 107 regeneration on.
What do I do, I’m sure that there are other mini 2 owners that have 107   
What do we do

Hello there. I hope you're doing well today. You can use a third-party RID module that complies with RID MOC and attach it to the aircraft. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-2
Use props
dario.finderlegmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

Wyldwestaz10 Posted at 9-23 09:36
Thats not the drone that’s a device.  The drone does not have a a section for it's RFID. Also some devices like Apple won’t work due to the Wi-Fi protocol. I only use iPads and no app works with it. It’s compliant so I fly it. It’s about 6 months away now so fly and enjoy. If using an Android OS device then it may work.

Not everyone is in the States. I am from Europe and the remote ID will be obligatory with January, 1st 2024. So if I cannot read the RID then it has no RID.
Please do not mislead with your comments.
2023-10-6
Use props
djiuser_8SShWSOTqF85
New

United States

Went to update my fpv.
That was a mistake does not work anymore

Thanks DJI
2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_8SShWSOTqF85 Posted at 10-6 18:03
Went to update my fpv.
That was a mistake does not work anymore

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. The firmware was released to support FAA RID requirements. Since the Goggles 2 and the Goggles V2 do not have a built-in GPS module, they need help from your phone to get your location.  Goggles Integra on the other hand does not need a phone to work since it already has a GPS capability. Thank you for understanding.
2023-10-6
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

dario.finderlegmail.com Posted at 10-6 09:13
Not everyone is in the States. I am from Europe and the remote ID will be obligatory with January, 1st 2024. So if I cannot read the RID then it has no RID.
Please do not mislead with your comments.

Don't think you understood my comment. Nothing new though. Best of luck.
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JodyB Posted at 9-28 09:14
I had actually called support about this sticker. With what you posted, I was able to find it, but I think our only hope if we are approached by someone from the FAA is a really young person with extremely good eye sight. I had to use a flashlight and use my iphone 14 pro max with the camera is macro mode to see it. SO TINY.

Hi, JodyB. We understand your concern and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We'll forward your feedback to our relevant for evaluation. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Danimal0017 Posted at 9-29 04:06
Well its Almost October 2023, Still looking to find out how close DJI is to releasing updates for RID for the P4P2.0. December 2023 is closely approaching.

Hi, Danimal0017. Rest assured that the Firmware upgrade for RID compliance will be available by December 31, 2023, at the latest for the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0.
2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_QhXxa2OaQoc1 Posted at 9-30 18:03
I bought an Air 3 and I love it

Hi, djiuser_QhXxa2OaQoc1. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad that you love your DJI Air 3. Rest assured that we will continue doing our best to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support. Happy flying!
2023-10-8
Use props
Red Hornet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31545 ft
United States

For the Mavic Air 2 when or how long does it normally take to get posted on the FAA (Find your aircraft Declaration of Compliance)? The firmware I downloaded has been at least two weeks now and not on FAA site yet.

The firmware is working great on my Mavic Air 2 and shows up broadcasting RID as well.
2023-10-11
Use props
fansb507b188
lvl.1

Australia

I need the firmware for a Phantom 4
2023-10-12
Use props
Flight with DJI
lvl.1

China

thanks a lot for the update
2023-10-13
Use props
djiuser_PegXocQnhxep
lvl.1
United States

Hello DJI folks!

Just checking in again for an update on the phantom 4 pro v2 firmware progress. I just purchased one to replace my P4 advanced that was not on the list to be made compatible.

I just received a message from the FAA that they will be lenient with us for flying without RID IF we can show that we were unable to make our machine compliant. But those of us who are in a position of waiting for a firmware upgrade but also relying on the income we produce from these products are in a sticky position as we “could” purchase a module to hold us over until 12/31/2023, so waiting for DJI’s firmware update is not an excuse for non-compliance in their mind. But that basically means that those of us in firmware pergatory are expected to spend hundreds of dollars on a module we wont need in a few months.

Can you give us any updates as to whether this firmware update might be coming any earlier than 12/31? Or share any details about how the process is coming along?
2023-10-14
Use props
sas099
lvl.3

United States

djiuser_PegXocQnhxep Posted at 10-14 08:01
Hello DJI folks!

Just checking in again for an update on the phantom 4 pro v2 firmware progress. I just purchased one to replace my P4 advanced that was not on the list to be made compatible.

https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/faa ... ent-date-six-months
2023-10-14
Use props
djiuser_PegXocQnhxep
lvl.1
United States

Yeah, i contacted them for further clarification. “Unable to comply” is the operative wording. We phantom folks are “able” to comply between now and when DJI completes their firware update and gets it approved by the FAA by buying a module. So technically we dont qualify for any guaranteed extension past 9/16/2023 unless we show that we cant get a module.
2023-10-14
Use props
djiuser_4DAJht8kvPQC
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-1 03:59
Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately, firmware upgrades for Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom and Phanton 4 Pro V2.0 are all coming after the mandatory implementation date of September 16, 2023.  this means these drones are "grounded" until the firmware is made available.  The other option to be able to fly legally while awaiting the projected firmware dates would be to purchase a 3rd party add on broadcast module.  

Seems as if DJI developer team is way behind the power curve on getting the firmware updates out before the implementation dates.

Do not agree with the term "grounded". Look up the so called "relief" the FAA is offering through March 2024
2023-10-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_4DAJht8kvPQC Posted at 10-14 13:36
Do not agree with the term "grounded". Look up the so called "relief" the FAA is offering through March 2024

You're responding to a reply I posted on July 1, long before the FAA offered their RECENT relief.
2023-10-15
Use props
tbuehlma
lvl.1

Australia

Ranger7777 Posted at 7-2 10:11
Well, I guess I am 2/3 there. I have an Avata and an FPV so they have or will have built in RID. Yay!  However I also have a mini 2 and that will require a module.  Good news is I only have to buy one.  But it is not good news for anyone flying under the recreational exemption since the module will put it over 250g.

Not sure I understand the logic here...

If you fly the mini 2 under recreational rule you do not need a remote id module, since the drone is below the weight limit.

If you fly the mini 2 commercially (under Part 107) you need a remote id, but you don't care about being above 249g.
2023-10-15
Use props
DiMora
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_4DAJht8kvPQC Posted at 10-14 13:36

Exactly,  FAA says:  "Drone pilots are expected to comply with the September 16, 2023, compliance date for Remote ID. However, the FAA understands that some drone pilots may not be able to comply because of limited availability of broadcast modules and lack of approved FAA-Recognized Identification Areas. In those instances, the FAA will consider all factors in determining whether to take enforcement action through March 16, 2024."

It's a bit of a gray area in my opinion.  I suppose if you do something stupid, they may take action...but it looks like they're trying to be flexible.  I still hate their wording...and if they want to, they can come after you if they argue that you could have bought an RID module instead of waiting for a DJI formware update.

Register site with all the details:  https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2023/09/15/2023-20074/enforcement-policy-regarding-operator-compliance-deadline-for-remote-identification-of-unmanned
2023-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules