Remote ID Statement (07/01/2023)
105109 373 2023-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pete Toemmes
lvl.1

United States

dnddad324 Posted at 7-6 00:58
That's a good question. I was about to get the Avata when they dropped the firmware update that required the phone connection. I didn't like the idea of the dangling battery cable....forget having to add a phone as well. I did however get the Avata after the release of the goggles Integra...it was a no-brainer especially considering it included the improved motion controller.

Seems like with the Avata, remote ID is within the goggles rather than the drone itself.

From what I have learned (with some pain) in the Mini 3 forum there are two components to RID. 1) drone info as it flies and 2) location of the pilot in charge (or controller as proxy for PIC).  

It seems that many of the third party add-on RID devices use drone liftoff location (HOME) as a proxy for the PIC location.  I dunno if that is true or OK with the FAA.

Since the smart device (phone) is tethered to the goggles that constitutes the location of the PIC - even if the PIC moves while in flight and HOME changes.

There is speculation that Goggles Integra, which has GPS built in, will provide the PIC location thus no need for a tethered smart phone.  Just speculation from what I have read.  

Someone with an Avata and Goggles Integra could verify I suppose.
2023-7-6
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5215364 ft
  • >>>
United States

I guess the Mini's SE, 2's are flying bricks?
2023-7-6
Use props
NobodyImportant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 355030 ft
United States

LeafPeeper Posted at 7-5 05:23
It would be really nice if we could stop providing wrong information here on the Mini 2.   The Mini 2 does require registration and RID if you are a Part 107 pilot and using it for non-recreational flights - which many of us do.  It also requires registration if anything you attach to it (like lighting) takes it over 250g.   A blanket statement that the Mini 2 does not need to be registered is simply NOT TRUE.

Exactly.  That’s the problem with online experts, they give bad info.
2023-7-7
Use props
NobodyImportant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 355030 ft
United States

dnddad324 Posted at 7-6 00:51
The subject of this thread is not registration....it's remote ID. And as far as DJI's responsibility goes, they have none. Especially considering that most (if not all) Mini 2's were manufactured prior to the September 16, 2022 date.

As I pointed out, the fact that DJI is implementing remote ID in older models, in which they are not legally obligated to do, shows that they are going above and beyond for their customers. They could just say screw it and make everyone spend the $300 for a module. And to be honest, the way some of their customers act, I wouldn't blame them if they did. I can guarantee you that they will be the ONLY company stepping up to save their customers money.

Yeah let’s not pretend absolutely destroying their brand by not doing something doesn’t play into it a small bit.  If they left everyone high and dry nobody would ever but their product again.  
2023-7-7
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1262136 ft
United States

DJI has apparently decided to sacrifice its (US) customers upon the altar of expedience & continued access & use in the US, by acting as the surrogate “Big Brother & Nanny State” of the US gov't, & specifically, the FAA.

DJI seems to have no problems with that, as contrary to the US, the CCP, & by extension, the Chinese gov't, not only accepts, expects & demands that kind of top-down control of its citizens, also appears to be surprised, confused, if not ignorant of that aspect of US & its society's history; something that also increasingly seems to escape the US gov't too.

Regardless of the mandates of the US gov't, & the FAA, DJI has no business dictating & forcing RID, & especially, things like "geo-fencing".

It is the pilots' job to be aware & comply with regulations & restrictions, NOT DJI!
2023-7-7
Use props
djiuser_adIqtcmRYPcp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176348 ft
United States

I know the Phantom 4 Pro is similar to the V2 version. The only difference being the transmission system. I have 2 that I use for Photogrammetry. Will this get the remote ID update also?
2023-7-7
Use props
UAViator53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone knows a phone app that actually works? So far tried Drone Scanner and Drones Near me, none worked.
2023-7-8
Use props
djiuser_5H0CD2AAWRnt
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-1 03:59
Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately, firmware upgrades for Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom and Phanton 4 Pro V2.0 are all coming after the mandatory implementation date of September 16, 2023.  this means these drones are "grounded" until the firmware is made available.  The other option to be able to fly legally while awaiting the projected firmware dates would be to purchase a 3rd party add on broadcast module.  

Seems as if DJI developer team is way behind the power curve on getting the firmware updates out before the implementation dates.

At this point, I'll take whatever they are giving.  Saves me the cost of the RID unit.
2023-7-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_5H0CD2AAWRnt Posted at 7-8 16:13
At this point, I'll take whatever they are giving.  Saves me the cost of the RID unit.

Indeed it will.  
2023-7-9
Use props
djiuser_NRwy6JBERGSH
New
Flight distance : 171886 ft
United States

RemoteFlyte Posted at 7-3 09:43
Actually, if you are a 107 pilot, ALL of your drones have to be registered, regardless of weight. It would then require remote id.

I've asked about remote id after i saw a video on YouTube of a mini 2 having remote id  (UUID). Also asked if will become available after a firmware update.  The answer I received is the drone is under the required weight and not needed.  Which i understand but part 107 is required like you said. DJI isnt answering the question, it's being danced around.
2023-7-9
Use props
djiuser_BmTOksEdAq6D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92828 ft
United States

UAViator53 Posted at 7-8 10:29
Anyone knows a phone app that actually works? So far tried Drone Scanner and Drones Near me, none worked.

I would love to see all the phone apps fail.  No Karen, you don't get to know where I'm standing while flying.  ;-)
2023-7-9
Use props
Shenandoah Air2
New

United States

The forum page Remote ID Statement (07/01/2023) states that firmware upgrades will be available by September 30, 2023, at the latest for some models like my Air 2.

Question, How will we know when this update will be available?  Remember it says "at the latest".

And, how long will it take the FAA to update its system to recognize this firmware update?  This is a government agency we're talking about.

Ideas?  Thoughts?
2023-7-9
Use props
NESTORM21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2153205 ft
Puerto Rico

Please don't forget about the legendary mavic pro is an excellent drone . Please include in the upgrade firmware and rid please
2023-7-9
Use props
UAViator53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_BmTOksEdAq6D Posted at 7-9 06:56
I would love to see all the phone apps fail.  No Karen, you don't get to know where I'm standing while flying.  ;-)

Thanks for the non-responsive reply. Sometimes is ok to just keep walking if you don't have anything useful to say...
2023-7-9
Use props
mc3639708
New

Spain

Buy high-quality undetectable grade AA+ counterfeit money Online, real fake passports,id cards,drivers license   WhatsApp: ‪+447436442801  Genaral Support: darkmarketsuppliers@europe.com  With the COVID-19 pandemic which may trigger a global recession, we produce authentic currency bills of USD$,British Pounds£ and Euros€ with different serial numbers on each bill. We have instock the semi finish banknote substrates already engraved and designed front and back of the various currencies of each denomination. We need a partner to work with discretely to finish the production of our semi finish banknote substrates and make it legal tender on a percentage which we are going to discuss in a personal meeting in the event that you agree to work with us. We will schedule for a meeting to show you everything and discuss all details and produce samples so you can go test to confirm authenticity.  All Notes will pass major test like ultra violet light, pencil test, many more fake money detection.   Have a second chance in life with a new identity, protect your privacy, build a new credit history, take back your freedom. We offer real driver's licenses, passports, visas, id card, resident permit, stamps, school diplomas, work permits, marriage certificates, death certificates, green card, credit cards, bank statements and other documents for a number of countries such as: USA , Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italy, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom, Japan, China! Our team produces high quality products, authentic database passports, databases or citizenship documents and other ID cards. We use high quality equipment and materials to create documents. 20 million of our documents are circulating around the world.  WhatsApp: ‪+447436442801  Genaral Support: darkmarketsuppliers@europe.com  Skype..nicolas.persey  -IDs Scan-yes... -HOLOGRAMS: IDENTICAL -BAR CODES: IDS SCAN -UV: YES  buy undetectable counterfeit money buy real and fake passport online buy undetectable counterfeit money, buy real and fake driver licenses   where to buy fake dollar bills where to buy counterfeit bills where to buy fake bills buy counterfeit bank notes where to buy fake bank notes where can i buy fake dollar bills where to buy counterfeit bank notes Buy counterfeit euro bills Purchase euro fake bills online Where to buy fake British pounds fake banknotes for sale uk fake bank notes for sale counterfeit euro banknotes for sale counterfeit bank notes for sale Where to buy fake euro bills  Where to british pounds Fake bank notes for sale Germany  Counterfeit bank notes for sale China  Buy currency bills Japan  Where to buy euro bills online fake money for sale prop money for sale counterfeit money for sale money for sale         money tree for sale undetectable fake money for sale  real money for sale confederate money for sale legit counterfeit money for sale confederate currency for sale         high quality counterfeit money for sale quality counterfeit money for sale  high quality undetectable counterfeit banknotes for sale currency for sale         banknotes for sale         best counterfeit money for sale         counterfeit money printer for sale  fake money that look real for sale currency dealers near me undetectable counterfeit money for sale         high quality undetectable counterfeit money for sale foreign currency for sale real counterfeit money for sale world banknotes for sale
2023-7-10
Use props
TatoMorales
lvl.1
Flight distance : 811266 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think I'm a little confused, I have the mini 1 and only use it recreationally, does this mean I don't need RID? As far as I understand, it doesn't matter if it is recreational or part 107, all drones must have their RID. Am I wrong?
2023-7-10
Use props
fans4883261f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1362536 ft
United States

Will a remote ID firmware update be provided for the Inspire 2?
2023-7-10
Use props
DJI_Cruiser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2619370 ft
  • >>>
United States

What about the DJI Smart Controller?
2023-7-10
Use props
Day 1 Adventures
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3131745 ft
  • >>>
United States

good information on why remote ID
2023-7-11
Use props
Hacksore
New

United States

RE: Remote ID Statement (07/01/2023)

Is this the best place to follow for updates?

mq2hik89nqt01.png

2023-7-11
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

NobodyImportant Posted at 7-1 04:54
So the mini 2 will not get an upgrade to implement Remote ID?

Autel said they wouldn't proivde RID for the Nano two months ago, they just announced RID for the Nano after users protested
2023-7-11
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

kvk67 Posted at 7-4 05:13
Mini 2 is not required to be registered, therefore not required to use RID.

Unless you have a part 107 cert. Ive been using my mini 2 but will have to either add a dronetag module or switch to another manufacture, the mini3 cant take the heat.
2023-7-11
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

Pete Toemmes Posted at 7-5 16:22
How is DJI handling flying a remote ID compliant drone indoors when GPS and/or tethered smart device location services (GPS) is unavailable?

An unifiable brick is not an acceptable answer

FAA does not control the air space of a building, da
2023-7-11
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_BmTOksEdAq6D Posted at 7-9 06:56

I fear having to shoot someone when the show up to rob me, $5k of drone is an easy target when the word gets out
2023-7-11
Use props
Pete Toemmes
lvl.1

United States

WaterMaster Posted at 7-11 07:17
FAA does not control the air space of a building, da

True, da.  

But unless the DJI Avata, for example, "knows" it is inside - perhaps because the Avata or your PIC device (cell phone) cannot get GPS reception - and thus confirm that it can find location info to broadcast  RID messages then it is going to be a no fly.

I realize in some/most environments you CAN get GPS signal inside, but not all.
2023-7-11
Use props
fans2f0edc80
lvl.1

United States

QUESTION.......I use the DJI SMART CONTROLER to operate my MP2. I understand the MP2 will get a firmware update to be R-ID compliant, but will the SMART CONTROLLER also be getting a firmware update to bring it into compliance?  I cannot find any information regarding the Smart Controller and R-ID?
2023-7-11
Use props
matthew
New

United States

I use a Mavic Air 2 and not happy that I can't use it for 2 weeks (I use it for roof inspections) until the Firmware update. Praying there are no issues with the update and that I can get a Remote ID to satisfy my FAA account registration.
2023-7-12
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20369816 ft
United States

EDIT MY COMMENT:
I'm going to sell my mini2  flymore package if anyone is interested pm me.
My reason is  the lack of remote id firmware update for the mini2. which i needed in order to comply with my FAA registration. &  For the  record, The 3rd party RID module are to big & combersome for any of the mini class drones making the drone over the 250g wieght limit forcing you to register the drone anyway, But what concerns me is the possibly of compromising the flight safety &  reliability of the mini2

I want to add that to the fact the 9/16/2023 law change for the unregistered under 250g class drones in the USA,  & will be limited on the places to fly.  The rule states  A unregistered drones under 250 grams without RID will be restricted to flying with in the limits of a FRIA approved field or area only.  This means you will not be able to fly in your back yard in the USA legally without the RID & being FAA registered.
The lack of firmware update for the mini2 will force any p107 flyers have to use a 3rd party RID, none of them on the market today fit the mini class drones well, bringing me back to the possibly of compromising the flight safety &  reliability of the mini2.

So heads up If your a USA p107 commercial pilot using this mini2 drone, the lack  of RID firmware update makes the mini2 nothing than a expensive toy restricted to RC flying area's, no longer a useful 4k camera tool.

If you would like to buy a great toy drone, i have a mini2 flymore combo with 1 year of refresh left on it. I have one for sale just pm me for details.

I wish i knew this a year a go before i bought the mini2, which was 3 months before the mini3 release.  

I'll add that I can see a lot of uncompilance of this new rule from hobby flyers. because with out the RID whos going to know if your breaking the law or not ?  You would have be caught you red handed.   Its very disappointing news about the RID updates  

2023-7-12
Use props
Life in the Fish Bowl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140269 ft
United States

HD Pilot Posted at 7-6 19:59
I guess the Mini's SE, 2's are flying bricks?
That’s what I’m guessing. It stings a bit as I enjoy using my mini 2 se for small fast work.
2023-7-12
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

UAViator53 Posted at 7-8 10:29

I had the same results with those apps as well.  No Karens will be calling me LOL!
2023-7-12
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Life in the Fish Bowl Posted at 7-12 12:45
That’s what I’m guessing. It stings a bit as I enjoy using my mini 2 se for small fast work.

Yes, PART 107 , and Yes , registered, but I'm not going to be worrying about my Mini SE and RID. I use it for collecting weather data, It goes up, and then comes down. Track it and find me, lets talk, if not, then they can just bite it!..
2023-7-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kernel Droner Posted at 7-3 06:33
I'm really curious now. The Mavic Pro Platinum, which has already received a Declaration of Compliance from the FAA, is not mentioned in your list. What is its current status?

seems the mpp doc has been revoked by the faa
2023-7-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Shenandoah Air2 Posted at 7-9 08:36
The forum page Remote ID Statement (07/01/2023) states that firmware upgrades will be available by September 30, 2023, at the latest for some models like my Air 2.

Question, How will we know when this update will be available?  Remember it says "at the latest".

dji doesn't need the government to do anything to "recognize" the firmware update.  just come back and visit this forum, you'll know when the sw update is available.
2023-7-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TatoMorales Posted at 7-10 11:29
I think I'm a little confused, I have the mini 1 and only use it recreationally, does this mean I don't need RID? As far as I understand, it doesn't matter if it is recreational or part 107, all drones must have their RID. Am I wrong?

mini 1 without any modifications will not need rid when used for recreational flying.
2023-7-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI_Cruiser Posted at 7-10 20:19
What about the DJI Smart Controller?

dji smart controller does not need rid and as far as i know, cannot received a doc.
2023-7-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

WaterMaster Posted at 7-11 07:06
Autel said they wouldn't proivde RID for the Nano two months ago, they just announced RID for the Nano after users protested

well, that's interesting.  do you have an official link (not a rumor) from autel that talks about this?  i must have missed all this talk from autel about what they will and will not do.
2023-7-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans2f0edc80 Posted at 7-11 17:36
QUESTION.......I use the DJI SMART CONTROLER to operate my MP2. I understand the MP2 will get a firmware update to be R-ID compliant, but will the SMART CONTROLLER also be getting a firmware update to bring it into compliance?  I cannot find any information regarding the Smart Controller and R-ID?

perhaps the smart controller will need a sw update as well, we don't know for sure just yet because we don't know who dji plans to make m2 rid compliant.  perhaps you are concerned the drone will get an rid sw update that will only work with the rc and not the sc, right?  let's hope not.  i don't work at dji so i can't speak to their process but i don't see how the m2 can get a doc if it only works with certain controllers and personally, i don't see dji preventing m2 from flying with sc because it isn't capable; that would be a disaster.  remember, to get a doc for standard rid, the drone must prevent liftoff if rid is not functioning.  m2 with standard rid isn't compatible with external rid when it comes to compliance.
2023-7-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

matthew@precise Posted at 7-12 05:50
I use a Mavic Air 2 and not happy that I can't use it for 2 weeks (I use it for roof inspections) until the Firmware update. Praying there are no issues with the update and that I can get a Remote ID to satisfy my FAA account registration.

you can "borrow" an external module until the rid sw update is made ready, no?
2023-7-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-12 07:33
EDIT MY COMMENT:
I'm going to sell my mini2  flymore package if anyone is interested pm me.
My reason is  the lack of remote id firmware update for the mini2. which i needed in order to comply with my FAA registration. &  For the  record, The 3rd party RID module are to big & combersome for any of the mini class drones making the drone over the 250g wieght limit forcing you to register the drone anyway, But what concerns me is the possibly of compromising the flight safety &  reliability of the mini2

fortunately, recreational flyers will be able to fly their unmodified mini 2 anywhere a drone is allowed to fly, not just in fria.

so i thought about selling my mini 2 as well but then i thought....after september, the mini 2 will be known as the best drone you can fly without rid.  perhaps that will increase the value and make it more in demand?  i wouldnt sell before september for 2 reasons:  the date hasn't arrived yet and the date could change and, it is possible a super tiny inexpensive rid module could hit the market before the end of the year.
2023-7-12
Use props
coold
lvl.2

United States

WaterMaster Posted at 7-11 07:27
I fear having to shoot someone when the show up to rob me, $5k of drone is an easy target when the word gets out

Yeah, once the word gets out on the streets that RID is in effect we will all suddenly become high profile targets. The hardened criminals will roll up on us and say "..I don't want your $1200 phone, $2000 watch, $2000 laptop (all of which are easy to flip) gimme the FAA registered drone!"

LMAO
2023-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules