105093 373 2023-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20369816 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-12 22:31
fortunately, recreational flyers will be able to fly their unmodified mini 2 anywhere a drone is allowed to fly, not just in fria.

so i thought about selling my mini 2 as well but then i thought....after september, the mini 2 will be known as the best drone you can fly without rid.  perhaps that will increase the value and make it more in demand?  i wouldnt sell before september for 2 reasons:  the date hasn't arrived yet and the date could change and, it is possible a super tiny inexpensive rid module could hit the market before the end of the year.

I can see what your saying,And dont get me wrong  I love my mini2 .  I properly will wait until Sept as well.  the problem is I have my mini2 faa registered for my p107 compliance,  i use my mini2 a lot for shoots that need to be less invasive when flying in and around sensitive area's like trying to get shots of wildlife in a swamp or not wanting to draw a crowd like the mavic3 seems to do when working on the 4th.

What I do not get my friend is DJI gave the mini2 RID update for use in Japan back in January. so why no RID for the mini2 the USA? makes no sense.

how I see it is written on the faa site ,
the only locations drone s without faa registrations & RID can fly will be in FRIA approved locations.
I know there is a lot fo gray-area surrounding the sub .55 pound drone class rules.  But I would hate to be made a example of for mistakenly flying outside a Fria area thinking my 250g drone was allowed to fly around a lake taking pictures of ducks when it turned out not having rid got me a ticket.

I was looikng at those new $5000 USA made sub 249g ANAFI Ai parrot.  they came out with all new Ai flight controls & new controller with 7 inch screen. , it comes with a built in RID according to parrot com.  capable or simular with the mavic 3 series capibilities with 32x zoom 4k camera ,  whisper quiet to from the ads i seen. kind of pricey though 5g's for a sub249 g drone
Though It might be nice to have a USA made drone in my stable given the political climate.

2023-7-13
Use props
Life in the Fish Bowl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140269 ft
United States

HD Pilot Posted at 7-12 20:24
Yes, PART 107 , and Yes , registered, but I'm not going to be worrying about my Mini SE and RID. I use it for collecting weather data, It goes up, and then comes down. Track it and find me, lets talk, if not, then they can just bite it!..

That's the attitude I'm leaning towards. My long flights are normally for my fun. Business is usually fast and to the point.
2023-7-13
Use props
Drone332
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295121 ft
Greece

Hi everyone! I want to get my first drone for awesome videos while I travel. I have decided on the DJI Mini 3 Pro and can't decide which remote to get (RCN1 or RC) You guys are the pros and I wanted some feedback. Thank you!!!

I have already done a lot research on this topic and I am leaning towards the RC purely because it is newer. I have an Iphone 13 pro which is what I would use if I got the rcn1. Thanks in advance for all the feedback!!!
2023-7-13
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5210030 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone332 Posted at 7-13 11:26
Hi everyone! I want to get my first drone for awesome videos while I travel. I have decided on the DJI Mini 3 Pro and can't decide which remote to get (RCN1 or RC) You guys are the pros and I wanted some feedback. Thank you!!!

I have already done a lot research on this topic and I am leaning towards the RC purely because it is newer. I have an Iphone 13 pro which is what I would use if I got the rcn1. Thanks in advance for all the feedback!!!

I have the Mini Pro 3, It's great, has RID. The DJI RC works fine. I have done range tests and I can fly 3 miles away with it with no issues. You can't go wrong with the 3 Pro and the RC .. IMHO
2023-7-13
Use props
fansdd8867e1
New

United States

DJI Phantom 3 Advance?  Yes? No?
2023-7-13
Use props
Drone332
lvl.2
Greece

HD Pilot Posted at 7-13 14:22
I have the Mini Pro 3, It's great, has RID. The DJI RC works fine. I have done range tests and I can fly 3 miles away with it with no issues. You can't go wrong with the 3 Pro and the RC .. IMHO

Thank you so much and I definitly take this into consideration!
I have heard a lot about the screen on the rc going black. Has that ever happened to you?
2023-7-14
Use props
Life in the Fishbowl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140269 ft
United States

All DJI drones manufactured after September 16, 2022, such as Mavic 3 Pro, Mavic 3 Classic, Inspire 3, and DJI Mini 3, all have built-in remote ID capabilities.

DJI should update the wording in red to say "Select DJI drones"
2023-7-14
Use props
Dave Z
lvl.3
Flight distance : 90098 ft
United States

Life in the Fishbowl Posted at 7-14 05:25
All DJI drones manufactured after September 16, 2022, such as Mavic 3 Pro, Mavic 3 Classic, Inspire 3, and DJI Mini 3, all have built-in remote ID capabilities.

DJI should update the wording in red to say "Select DJI drones"

What DJI drones manufactured after September 16, 2022 don't have Remote ID? Keep in mind manufactured doesn't mean sold. DJI does large production runs, and stock might sit in a warehouse or dealer for several months before they are sold.
2023-7-14
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dave Z Posted at 7-14 05:32
What DJI drones manufactured after September 16, 2022 don't have Remote ID? Keep in mind manufactured doesn't mean sold. DJI does large production runs, and stock might sit in a warehouse or dealer for several months before they are sold.

That is a true statement IMO. You will need to check your drone box (providing you still have it) and look at the packaging code label. The manufacture date is on that box label.
2023-7-14
Use props
djiuser_TkSGwsXOL39v
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2292861 ft
United States

Shouldn’t the Mini 2 be retrofitted with a RID module? If so, does DJI have any plans to make a module or do we have purchase one from a third party?
2023-7-15
Use props
djiuser_cTpyHm5r3cbt
New

United States

What about my original Mavic air??? No love? Is she grounded? This is crazy!
2023-7-15
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just received my AVATA yesterday (7-14), and after it was updated for the first time out of the box, it too now has the Remote ID error issue. It seems to be an on going problem.

This was the first I've heard of this, and would have been a determining factor against buying one.

So, is there a reason why this issue has been going on for over 10 months now (estimate)?!, and still no resolution?
2023-7-15
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dnddad324 Posted at 7-6 00:58
That's a good question. I was about to get the Avata when they dropped the firmware update that required the phone connection. I didn't like the idea of the dangling battery cable....forget having to add a phone as well. I did however get the Avata after the release of the goggles Integra...it was a no-brainer especially considering it included the improved motion controller.

Seems like with the Avata, remote ID is within the goggles rather than the drone itself.

It's a pain to now have additional cables to manage so you can fly this FPV drone. Defeats the ease of this "immersive flight" experience IMO.
2023-7-15
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Drone332 Posted at 7-14 00:11
Thank you so much and I definitly take this into consideration!
I have heard a lot about the screen on the rc going black. Has that ever happened to you?

No, the screen has been fine.
2023-7-16
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dave Z Posted at 7-14 05:32

This just happened to me. I just bought and receive the AVATA and it was manufactured in September of 2022.

It also has a RID error issue that has been mentioned in other post. I don't like the current fix to correct the error, which is to hang your cell phone off of the Goggles to allow the drone to fly.

I'm hedging on returning the drone.
2023-7-16
Use props
Bstirl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 320154 ft
United States

RemoteFlyte Posted at 7-3 09:43
Actually, if you are a 107 pilot, ALL of your drones have to be registered, regardless of weight. It would then require remote id.

So you are saying a Part 107 pilot can't fly as a recreational one?  I don't believe that is correct.  Anyone can fly as a recreational pilot if that is the intent of the flight.
2023-7-16
Use props
Drone332
lvl.2
Greece

HD Pilot Posted at 7-16 02:37
No, the screen has been fine.

Alright, have you heard of any other major problems?
2023-7-17
Use props
Water Wings
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161726 ft
United States

fans36f1997b Posted at 7-4 16:09
What about mavic air 1

I would also like to get a definitive answer on this from DJI.  After dropping over $1,000 on my Mavic Air 1 and accessories in 2019 and the seeing the cost and limited availabilty of the remote ID modules currently on the market, it would be nice if DJI would provide a firmware upgrade to avoid turning my drone into junk.
2023-7-17
Use props
Bird of Prey 3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3512369 ft
United States

So no upgrade for the Inspire 2? I cant find a definitive answer to this anywhere.
2023-7-17
Use props
photosbyangied
lvl.1

United States

The Mavic 2 Pro won't be compliant until December? That's 4 months past the deadline. This will force me to purchase a Remote ID module. Very disappointing. DJI, you can do better than this.
2023-7-18
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DKGPST Posted at 7-2 22:23
Mini 2 does not need Remote ID, if it is used for pure recreational flight.

True.  But in the USA without RID you will be limited to flying in FRIA approved area's only. Making it where flying in your back yard could get you a ticket.

I know every one keeps saying if your drone is under 250grams you can fly your drone as normal with out RID .  But that is not true at all in fact  I can not find that statement anywhere in the FAA web site on remote ID https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id
which clearly states unregistered drone without RID will be only able to fly in FRIA approved area's
if you can find where it says you can fly anywhere with a 250gram drone with out RID. please share it with us. and once you added a rid modual to the mini2 then its over the 250g limitations

BTW I am selling my mini2 -fly-more-combo .
2023-7-19
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Water Wings Posted at 7-17 07:27
I would also like to get a definitive answer on this from DJI.  After dropping over $1,000 on my Mavic Air 1 and accessories in 2019 and the seeing the cost and limited availabilty of the remote ID modules currently on the market, it would be nice if DJI would provide a firmware upgrade to avoid turning my drone into junk.

or a very expensive toy drone.
and if your a p107 flyers  the mini2 is useless after 9/16/2023
2023-7-19
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bstirl Posted at 7-16 10:35
So you are saying a Part 107 pilot can't fly as a recreational one?  I don't believe that is correct.  Anyone can fly as a recreational pilot if that is the intent of the flight.

Actually, you can fly recreationally, just avoid anything with purposeful "Intent". I know, it's semantics, filming family fun - I had the "Intent" to video it! , But don't get caught looking at the condition of your roof!.

2023-7-19
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

HD Pilot Posted at 7-19 17:29
Actually, you can fly recreationally, just avoid anything with purposeful "Intent". I know, it's semantics, filming family fun - I had the "Intent" to video it! , But don't get caught looking at the condition of your roof!.

yes you can fly 250g drone recreational in a FRIA approve area only in the USA other wise accroding to the FAA you need to have a remote id.  no where can I find that it say you can fly outside a FRIA approved zone with a 250gram drone without RId .
The faa site states you must have a RID or recreational flyers must stay within FRIA approved flying area's its pretty black and white that part is pretty clear to me. unfortunetly I did not see anything about sub 249g drones are are exempted from rid, other wise DJI would not give rid to the mini3 because it would have been expempted

I would like to to be shown where it says if you have a sub 249 gram drone you don't need RID & your all set to fly anywhere you like for recreational purposes.  the notion of just because you don't have to register a drone under 249g, that it means it can fly without RID outside a FRAIA approve area.  I think thats where the misunderstanding is.

Even DJI states the same line as well in the begining of this post.. recreational flyers without RID need to be in FRIA approved area's. did not see anything about sub 249g drones are are exempted  from rid.

As a mini2 flyer that also flys recreational.  I would hate to be made a example of for not compling with the RID law

edited for spelling sorry I am very dislexic

2023-7-19
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

dnddad324 Posted at 7-6 00:51
The subject of this thread is not registration....it's remote ID. And as far as DJI's responsibility goes, they have none. Especially considering that most (if not all) Mini 2's were manufactured prior to the September 16, 2022 date.

As I pointed out, the fact that DJI is implementing remote ID in older models, in which they are not legally obligated to do, shows that they are going above and beyond for their customers. They could just say screw it and make everyone spend the $300 for a module. And to be honest, the way some of their customers act, I wouldn't blame them if they did. I can guarantee you that they will be the ONLY company stepping up to save their customers money.

That's a distinction without a difference. RID is required for all drones used under Part 107. So don't get hung up on the registration bit (which is also required).

Obtuse much?
2023-7-20
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

What about Enterprise Drones? The last Blog post regarding them was in April!
2023-7-20
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-19 17:55
yes you can fly 250g drone recreational in a FRIA approve area only in the USA other wise accroding to the FAA you need to have a remote id.  no where can I find that it say you can fly outside a FRIA approved zone with a 250gram drone without RId .
The faa site states you must have a RID or recreational flyers must stay within FRIA approved flying area's its pretty black and white that part is pretty clear to me. unfortunetly I did not see anything about sub 249g drones are are exempted from rid, other wise DJI would not give rid to the mini3 because it would have been expempted

'Beginning September 16, 2023, all drone pilots who are required to register their UAS must operate in accordance with the rule on Remote ID.'

Source: https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id

So, as of right now, sub 250g don't need registration and for that no RID is required either.
2023-7-20
Use props
MChasePhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 631178 ft
United States

DIY_Quad is correct. I read the page linked to above as well as a number of others and formed the opinion that it was still allowable to fly less than 250g drones recreationally without registration or RID outside of FRIA zones. But even with all the reading I did it wasn't 100% clear to me so I emailed the FAA earlier today and just got a response confirming that yes, we can still fly sub 250g drones recreationally outside of FRIA zones.

Here are the two questions I asked the FAA and their response (which I've set the text to red):

Am I correct to think that because my drone doesn't need to be registered and doesn't need RID that I can still fly it outside of FRIA zones as long as I comply with The Exception for Limited Recreational Operations of Unmanned Aircraft and have passed TRUST?  Yes.

Or will all unregistered and non-RID compliant drones, regardless of their weight, be required to fly in FRIA zones?  It is important for you to understand...a drone which does not require registration and is not equipped with remote ID is, in fact, in compliance.  Any drone which requires registration, and is not equipped with remote ID, can only be operated within the geographic boundaries of a FRIA.
2023-7-20
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DIY_Quad Posted at 7-20 14:05
'Beginning September 16, 2023, all drone pilots who are required to register their UAS must operate in accordance with the rule on Remote ID.'

Source: https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id

There are three ways drone pilots can meet the identification requirements of the Remote ID rule:

1) Operate a Standard Remote ID drone (PDF) that broadcasts identification and location information of the drone and control station. A Standard Remote ID drone is one that is produced with built-in Remote ID broadcast capabilities in accordance with the Remote ID rule's requirements.

2)  Operate a drone with a Remote ID broadcast module (PDF). A broadcast module is a device that broadcasts identification and location information about the drone and its take-off location in accordance with the Remote ID rule's requirements. The broadcast module can be added to a drone to retrofit it with Remote ID capabilities. Pilots operating a drone with a Remote ID broadcast module must be able to see their drone at all times during flight.

3)  Operate (without Remote ID equipment) (PDF) at FAA-recognized identification areas (FRIAs) sponsored by community-based organizations (CBOs) or educational institutions. FRIAs are the only locations where UAS (drones and radio-controlled airplanes) may operate without broadcasting Remote ID message elements.

So my belief is if your drone does not have Remote ID your restricted to the FRIA approved area's. they even are requiring model RC aircraft to have RID if flown outside FRIA area's
I did not see any where a 249 gram drone is exempt from remote id just because you don't have to regster it.

So my friend, I do not care if you want to risk flying without RID. No skin off my knees  Please feel free to fly as usual.  A potenial  $1000 fine could buy a lot of lipo batteries.
2023-7-21
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

MChasePhoto Posted at 7-20 15:18
DIY_Quad is correct. I read the page linked to above as well as a number of others and formed the opinion that it was still allowable to fly less than 250g drones recreationally without registration or RID outside of FRIA zones. But even with all the reading I did it wasn't 100% clear to me so I emailed the FAA earlier today and just got a response confirming that yes, we can still fly sub 250g drones recreationally outside of FRIA zones.

Here are the two questions I asked the FAA and their response (which I've set the text to red):

All I can say is good luck.  I do not believe that is accurate
Yes its true the sub249g drones are exempt from FAA registration.  But not from Remote ID.
I did not see where is says that a sub249 gram drone is exempt from RID, if you believe other wise, It does not bother me if you fly at your own risk.

I am not debating if I am right or wrong.  I just seen no where that sub 249g drones are exempt from rid just because its exempt from FAA registration.

RID is a safety implimentation so drones and manned aircraft can share the skies according to the FaA news letter.

I am a OCD recurational flyer and also a remote p107 flyer as well & I like to see where it says 249 drones are exempt for Remote ID, I do not flying with in gray area's of the drone laws.
So until I see the expemtion for sub249g drones  I'll stick with grounding  & sell the mini2 after 9/16 if DJI does not offer a fimrware update like they did for Japan back last year .

Thought I will admitt to you.  I can see a awful lot of people not complying with Remote ID. So it will be interesting to see how the FAA will enforces it  I do not see how they can.
I know personally a heck a lot of drone operators that do not comply with the commercial p107 license requirements to sell videos either. so why would they let a little RID law bother them

2023-7-21
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-21 11:21
All I can say is good luck.  I do not believe that is accurate
Yes its true the sub249g drones are exempt from FAA registration.  But not from Remote ID.
I did not see where is says that a sub249 gram drone is exempt from RID, if you believe other wise, It does not bother me if you fly at your own risk.

1) FAA clearly stated, 'Beginning September 16, 2023, all drone pilots who are required to register their UAS must operate in accordance with the rule on Remote ID.'
If what you say is true, FAA would have deleted the highlighted words and simply said, 'Beginning September 16, 2023, all drone pilots must operate in accordance with the rule on Remote ID.'
Why uncessarily include the words 'who are required to register their UAS' if that did not matter like you say?
Normally, this should have been enough.
But obviously it isn't for you, so let me add some more.

2) MChasePhoto wrote to FAA and received a response confirming that 'a drone which does not require registration and is not equipped with remote ID is, in fact, in compliance.'
This is a direct response from FAA, which is inline with what they have published.
Are you saying MChasePhoto just made it all up?
Or do you believe FAA does not know their own rules?

3) In this video, Joshua Bardwell talks about the importance of raising the 250g drone limit to 1kg so that the drones under 1kg don't have to register AND no need to have RID.
Do you think Joshua is cluless about what he's talking about here? Do you think his viewers would go unnoticed and say nothing to correct him?
If you search on Youtube, there are many other drone channels that talk about raising the limit to 1kg as a good way to avoid the RID requirement.
Do you think they are all just 'not accurate'?

4) FPV freedom coalition has been working very hard to raise the 250g weight limit to 1kg so that these drones are exampt from registration AND RID.
https://fpvfc.org/congressional-outreach
FPVFC have been in regular meetings with FAA to pass their concerns, ideas and suggestions.
Even if FPVFC was mistaken about raising the weight limit, don't you think FAA would have hinted to FPVFC that raising the weight limit isn't going to make them not require RID in any one of these meetings?

5) In this interview, Joshua and Dave Messina (CEO of FPVFC) talked about RID and again confirmed that it only matters for drones above 250g.
Dave explains what FPVFC does and their interactions with FAA in detail.
Watch this and see if you can say FPVFC does not know what they are talking about.

6) FPV freedome coalition who regularly talk to the FAA clearly spelled it out for you that 'This means that recreational use of a sub 250g UAV will not be required to comply with the remote ID regulation because they are not currently required to register.'
https://fpvfc.org/sub-250g-regulations

7) Keith (Alien Drones) did an interview with Kevin Morris who is with FAA, where Keith said, 'The remote ID is tied to registration and the rigistration is tied to the weight' and Kevin nodded the whole time and did not correct Keith.
Any idea why Kevin from FAA did not correct Keith if what Keith broadcated to the public was in any way not accurate?

Do you really believe none of above is accurate and all these people including the FAA who wrote the rules don't know what they are talking about?
It's ok, you go ahead and believe what you want to believe and do what you like with your drones.

No need to wish good luck nor intimidate those flying under 250g with your false understanding of the RID rules, because they will be perfectly in compliance after September 16, 2023 per the FAA.

2023-7-22
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DIY_Quad Posted at 7-22 02:46
1) FAA clearly stated, 'Beginning September 16, 2023, all drone pilots who are required to register their UAS must operate in accordance with the rule on Remote ID.'
If what you say is true, FAA would have deleted the highlighted words and simply said, 'Beginning September 16, 2023, all drone pilots must operate in accordance with the rule on Remote ID.'
Why uncessarily include the words 'who are required to register their UAS' if that did not matter like you say?

All I am going to say is Good luck and happy flying
2023-7-22
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-22 14:57
All I am going to say is Good luck and happy flying

Yup, didn't think you could say much more than that at this point.
2023-7-23
Use props
lou4192000 M
New
Flight distance : 197848 ft

United States

I am new to the drone world and have purchased the DJI Avata,  I know some love it and others hate it but that is not what I would like to ask about today. The past 2-3 days my Avata has very low Mbps, it will go from 50mbps down to 3mbps when only 4' away and during normal flights (sitting in the same location as I always have) I used to get a solid 40-50 mbps. What can be causing this and how can I fix it because the way it is right now I can't really fly it. Thank you for any and all help.
2023-7-23
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lou4192000 M Posted at 7-23 08:22
I am new to the drone world and have purchased the DJI Avata,  I know some love it and others hate it but that is not what I would like to ask about today. The past 2-3 days my Avata has very low Mbps, it will go from 50mbps down to 3mbps when only 4' away and during normal flights (sitting in the same location as I always have) I used to get a solid 40-50 mbps. What can be causing this and how can I fix it because the way it is right now I can't really fly it. Thank you for any and all help.

You might want to ask that question on the AVATA group section.
2023-7-23
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DIY_Quad Posted at 7-23 02:10
Yup, didn't think you could say much more than that at this point.
Nan I just don't care how you deal with remote id. the remote Id rule is pretty is clear .if you want to believe what a bunch of YouTubers are saying good luck with that.
who am I to argue with you I don't care how you deal with it I know how I am

I did write the faa for official clearification which I am waiting for the reply
I'll let you know what the faa official stance is and I'll post it here as soon as they reply back to me
2023-7-23
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-23 18:21
Nan I just don't care how you deal with remote id. the remote Id rule is pretty is clear .if you want to believe what a bunch of YouTubers are saying good luck with that.
who am I to argue with you I don't care how you deal with it I know how I am

FPV Feedom Coalition, Joshua Bardwell as well as the Fedral Aviation Administration (aka the FAA) post videos on YouTube, so yes, you could call them a bunch of YouTubers.
Are they any less credible then what they deserve just because they post YouTube videos?
What is your logic here?

FYI, I didn't mention to you how I plan to deal with RID. That is none of your business. So no basis for you to care or not.
When it comes to RID, we better believe what the FAA published.
And since that wasn't clear for you, I gave you examples of how the UAV community is interpreting the rules and that there is no ambiguity regarding RID for sub 250g because it is very clearly written.

Kevin Morris from the FAA was on one of the youtube links I provided above explaining the drone rules to the public.
Does that make Kevin and the FAA just a bunch of YouTubers now per your logic?
These bunch of youtubers you refer to are very well respected figures in the UAV community.
They are all saying the same thing that sub 250g UAV's won't require remote ID after 09/16/2023.
Some invited Kevin from the FAA to their channels to explain the rules and confirmed sub 250g do not require RID.
In case you missed, that is an officer from the FAA, not a professional youtuber, educating the public that you do not require RID if under 250g.
Somehow you think you know better than all of these people including the FAA just because they appeared on youtube huh?

When you get a response from the FAA, make sure you include the officer's name and contact info so that we can cross check and know that you are not making things up just to cover what you've said earlier and continue spreading the wrong message.
I have a feeling we won't get this info from you because you won't like what you hear back from the FAA that is if you actually wrote to the FAA in the first place knowing that your chance of being right is next to nothing at this point.
Chances are that you are just hoping to be forgotten from this tread after a few days of pretending to wait to hear from the FAA (although i hear they reply fast).
Another scenario is that you don't like the reply you received from the FAA and you start arguing with the FAA officer that how they are not accurate and they don't know their own rules and only you know the rule better than the FAA themselves.
Just like you you completely dismissed Kevin Morris the FAA officer just because he appeared on YouTube interview.
Listen, there's nothing wrong with admitting that you were mistaken and move on, but looks like you chose a different exit strategy.

Again, we couldn't care less what you believe and do with your drones.
But this is a public forum.
Spreading false information and causing unjust fear/concern/threat is generally not welcomed.

2023-7-24
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DIY_Quad Posted at 7-24 00:42
FPV Feedom Coalition, Joshua Bardwell as well as the Fedral Aviation Administration (aka the FAA) post videos on YouTube, so yes, you could call them a bunch of YouTubers.
Are they any less credible then what they deserve just because they post YouTube videos?
What is your logic here?

Your right its non of my business how you handle the RID law that why i said what I did.  you handle the law your way and I will handle it my way, it no skin off my knees, I JUST DON'T CARE.
I follow the laws that is written in black in white on a official website. that I can print out place in a ring binder, that I  carry with me. Its part of my flight log that i carry My certifications like my p107, and TRUST certifacte,  along with certian laws pretaining to how I am flying that day with me in case any unforseen mishaps . That is what most responsible flyers do.

That is not "Spreading false information and causing unjust fear/concern/threat." I call Bull Shlt for your comment. I think that is disgusting way to try to make your point.

I stand by what i said. there is nothing written on the FAA website on the remote ID law that states "a unregistered 249gram drone is exempt from the remote ID law".  Or I would have printed it out and placed in my flight log book.

If there is so, please post where it say that on the FAA website.  and I will happily retract my statement. other wise I believe you are misinformed until I get a reply back officially from this email I sent the FAA .
Mean while back to the fact as they are written officially.
The FAA statement on the RID law as it is wrtten.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id

There are three ways drone pilots can meet the identification requirements of the Remote ID rule:

This is what is wrtten on the DJI website in Black &white, I see no gray area that  "a unrestered 249gram drone is exempt from the remote ID law" I welcome you to show me that I am wrong.

For drone pilots operating other DJI models to ensure compliance with the remote ID requirements, they have three options:

1.    Update the Drone’s Firmware: Several of DJIs  latest and most popular drone models have obtained, or will soon receive  firmware updates to support remote ID functionality. These updates  guarantee that you can adhere to the FAA's remote ID regulations.  
2.    Purchase a Separate Broadcast Module: In cases  where certain drone models cannot receive firmware updates for remote  ID, customers have the option to purchase a separate broadcast module.  This module can be retrofitted onto your drone and broadcasts  identification and location information as required by the remote ID  rule.
3.    Fly within FAA-Recognized Identification Areas (FRIAs): FRIAs are specific locations recognized by the FAA where drones can operate without the need for remote ID transmission.

While we strive to support as many customers as possible, certain older  drone models cannot receive firmware updates for remote ID due to  hardware compatibility limitations. For owners of unsupported drone  models, we encourage you to consider purchasing a separate broadcast  module to ensure compliance with remote ID regulations.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my friend,  please show me where it is wrtten that unregistered 249 gram drones are exempt from RID? . please get clearifcation in writting , because I see it wrtten in black and white on the FAA website.  
So now its your mission to show us all where it is written on the FAA and DJI websites which the "General Pubic "go by when researching Official drone laws which can be printed out and carred with them.  NOT youtube.
Please by all means  I welcome you to show me where it is written that "a unregistered 249gram drone is exempt from the remote ID law"
Until I get  a offical responce to my inquiry I will stick with the law as it is written on a official website. That is how I will handle the rid law.   That is not "Spreading false information and causing unjust fear/concern/threat."&  you stating that it is, or accusing people that you disagree with of not being truthful or spreading misinformation is a disgusting way to try to get your point across.

edted for spelling sorry I am very dislexic

Capture.JPG
2023-7-24
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-24 05:47
Your right its non of my business how you handle the RID law that why i said what I did.  you handle the law your way and I will handle it my way, it no skin off my knees, I JUST DON'T CARE.
I follow the laws that is written in black in white on a official website. that I can print out place in a ring binder, that I  carry with me. Its part of my flight log that i carry My certifications like my p107, and TRUST certifacte,  along with certian laws pretaining to how I am flying that day with me in case any unforseen mishaps . That is what most responsible flyers do.

'So my friend,  please show me where it is wrtten that unregistered 249 gram drones are exempt from RID? . please get clearifcation in writting , because I see it wrtten in black and white on the FAA website.'

Yup, with pleasure.

Parts 47 and 48 implement the registration requirements codified in 49 U.S.C. 44101–44103. According to these statutory and regulatory requirements, no person may operate an unmanned aircraft in the airspace of the United States unless it has been registered by its owner, or unless the aircraft is excepted from registration (e.g., aircraft of the national defense forces of the United States or unmanned aircraft weighing 0.55 pounds or less). Congress also clarified in 49 U.S.C. 44809(a)(8) that UAS used in limited recreational operations must be registered and marked in accordance with chapter 441 of Title 49 of the United States Code. Because most unmanned aircraft that will be operated in the airspace of the United States are required to meet the aircraft registration requirements, by law, the FAA determined linking remote identification to the registration requirements is in the interest of the safety and security of the United States airspace.
The FAA chose to exclude unmanned aircraft that weigh 0.55 pounds or less on takeoff, including everything that is on board or otherwise attached to the aircraft from the design and production requirements because, most of these unmanned aircraft may not be subject to the registration or recognition of ownership requirements of part 48, and therefore would not need to comply with the operating requirements of subpart B of part 89.

Source: https://www.faa.gov/sites/faa.go ... teID_Final_Rule.pdf

In case you have trouble understanding what it all means, simply put, 'No registeration => No RID.'
No 'bunch of YouTubers' this time.
Just the good old FAA only.

Tell me, did you turn blue while reading the text?
I told you, you had your chance to step down, but you chose to continue with your false claim.
Well, if public humiliation is your thing...

2023-7-24
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DIY_Quad Posted at 7-24 10:14
'So my friend,  please show me where it is wrtten that unregistered 249 gram drones are exempt from RID? . please get clearifcation in writting , because I see it wrtten in black and white on the FAA website.'

Thank you,
That is all I was asking for ,
was that so hard?

2023-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules