Pocket 2 won't take panos
699 25 2023-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philbin
lvl.1

United States

Hi,
My Pocket 2 has stopped taking panoramas when handheld (not attached to a phone), and reverts to "Photo" mode and takes a photo instead.  However, it WILL take panos when attached to a phone.  It's also getting very hot when on.

I've reset it to defaults, but it still won't take a pano unless it's attached to a phone with the Mimo app.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks,

philbin

2023-7-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you attaching your phone using the connection accessory, or remotely by Bluetooth?  I've just tried with my Pocket 2, and it achieves both 180 Panos and 3x3 panos by either method, both with and without the Do-it-All handle connected.  You may have a fault. Have you done the obvious things like checking the gimbal for damage/stuck. All latests updates applied, etc?  Maybe it's time to raise a ticket with DJI for possible repair?
2023-7-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please provide us the operation video when trying to shoot pano with and without the mobile device and DJI Mimo app? Also, during the pano shooting process, did you experience any error messages on the screen? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-1
Use props
philbin
lvl.1

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 7-1 22:47
Are you attaching your phone using the connection accessory, or remotely by Bluetooth?  I've just tried with my Pocket 2, and it achieves both 180 Panos and 3x3 panos by either method, both with and without the Do-it-All handle connected.  You may have a fault. Have you done the obvious things like checking the gimbal for damage/stuck. All latests updates applied, etc?  Maybe it's time to raise a ticket with DJI for possible repair?

Thanks for your reply.
Attaching phone with connection accessory.  Funny, I didn't even know Bluetooth was possible.  How is it activated?
Gimbel is not stuck.   Freely rotates, but gets very hot when in use which I have never noticed before.
Trying to upload video to the Admin, but not sure of success.
2023-7-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

philbin Posted at 7-2 13:26
Thanks for your reply.
Attaching phone with connection accessory.  Funny, I didn't even know Bluetooth was possible.
Gimbel is not stuck.   Freely rotates, but gets very hot when in use which I have never noticed before.

Good luck with it. Try the remote connection (range is about 10 feet in my experience)  Pop the Pocket2 on its tripod and launch the Mimo App on your phone, then follow the pairing procedure.  You can then have full control of the gimbal and camera from your phone.
2023-7-2
Use props
philbin
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-1 23:48
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please provide us the operation video when trying to shoot pano with and without the mobile device and DJI Mimo app? Also, during the pano shooting process, did you experience any error messages on the screen? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Operation video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dw3m61feG4

No error messages on its screen.

Not sure how to video its operation when connected to phone.
2023-7-2
Use props
philbin
lvl.1

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 7-2 13:36
Good luck with it. Try the remote connection (range is about 10 feet in my experience)  Pop the Pocket2 on its tripod and launch the Mimo App on your phone, then follow the pairing procedure.  You can then have full control of the gimbal and camera from your phone.

Won't pair without the Do-It-All Handle, apparently.  I've tried this before.  Just doesn't work.
2023-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

philbin Posted at 7-2 13:55
Operation video:

Thank you for keeping us posted. We will forward this to our relevant team for clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you.
2023-7-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

philbin Posted at 7-2 14:13
Won't pair without the Do-It-All Handle, apparently.  I've tried this before.  Just doesn't work.

Ah. I guess you don't have the DIA handle then, That's another setback
2023-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

philbin Posted at 7-2 13:55
Operation video:

Hi, philbin. Can you please try to press the record button and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted.
2023-7-2
Use props
philbin
lvl.1

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 7-2 23:01
Ah. I guess you don't have the DIA handle then, That's another setback

Yet another setback. Life is full of them, it seems.
2023-7-3
Use props
philbin
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-2 23:17
Hi, philbin. Can you please try to press the record button and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted.

You remember in that stupid movie Independence Day when they tried to nuke the spaceship over Los Angeles, and when the smoke cleared the observer said, "IT PERSISTS."

So, yes, I tried it again just now and the problem as described persists.

2023-7-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

philbin Posted at 7-3 02:55
Yet another setback. Life is full of them, it seems.

Maybe get the DIA handle ?
2023-7-3
Use props
philbin
lvl.1

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 7-3 04:59
Maybe get the DIA handle ?

Backordered at B&H.
2023-7-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

philbin Posted at 7-3 12:00
Backordered at B&H.

Let us know how you get on with it.
2023-7-3
Use props
philbin
lvl.1

United States

philbin Posted at 7-3 03:00
You remember in that stupid movie Independence Day when they tried to nuke the spaceship over Los Angeles, and when the smoke cleared the observer said, "IT PERSISTS."

So, what should I do guys?  Send it in for repair?  Is there a firmware fix?  Throw it in the trash?

What?

2023-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

philbin Posted at 7-3 03:00

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Since you already tried all the possible troubleshooting steps to possibly rectify the issue, and still the issue persists, you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-7-6
Use props
philbin
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-6 00:00
Thank you for keeping us posted. We're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Since you already tried all the possible troubleshooting steps to possibly rectify the issue, and still the issue persists, you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

My Pocket 2 was purchased from B&H Photo on August 19, 2022.  What does that mean for a warranty repair cost?
2023-7-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

philbin Posted at 7-10 02:34
My Pocket 2 was purchased from B&H Photo on August 19, 2022.  What does that mean for a warranty repair cost?

Thank you for your response. The original warranty of the DJI Pocket 2 is 12 months. After you send the product to us, we will perform a damage assessment on the unit and they will rely on the warranty decision base on the assessment conducted on the unit. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-7-12
Use props
philbin
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-12 22:54
Thank you for your response. The original warranty of the DJI Pocket 2 is 12 months. After you send the product to us, we will perform a damage assessment on the unit and they will rely on the warranty decision base on the assessment conducted on the unit. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank you for your kind attention, but you have already sent me a new one from Ft. Worth, TX, for $28.  I really appreciate it.

2023-7-13
Use props
philbin
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-12 22:54
Thank you for your response. The original warranty of the DJI Pocket 2 is 12 months. After you send the product to us, we will perform a damage assessment on the unit and they will rely on the warranty decision base on the assessment conducted on the unit. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

The new unit came today.  IT DID NOT INCLUDE ANY CONNECTION DEVICES, NOR THE CONTROLLER DEVICE.
The zoom/pan control attachment was not included.  

The iPhone connection  attachment was not included.  

The Android phone attachment was not  included.

I cannot even activate the Pocket 2 because it won't connect without the little connectors.  

Also, the new one is doing just what the old one did - defaulting to Photo and refusing to do a Pano.

I sent my devices back to you, thinking that I was returning the Pocket 2 as I had received it.  Are you expecting me to go out and purchase the connection devices separately now?  Where are they available?

Please explain how I can connect my phone to the new unit or use the new unit without them.  
2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

philbin Posted at 7-13 20:24
The new unit came today.  IT DID NOT INCLUDE ANY CONNECTION DEVICES, NOR THE CONTROLLER DEVICE.
The zoom/pan control attachment was not included.  

Hi there, philbin. We're deeply sorry for this unpleasant experience. Can you please provide us the case number via PM so we can check it further? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your patience.
2023-7-16
Use props
philbin
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-16 01:56
Hi there, philbin. We're deeply sorry for this unpleasant experience. Can you please provide us the case number via PM so we can check it further? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your patience.

Sorry but your PM window is unresponsive, so I'm just going to send the case number in the clear:

CAS-13471809-G6Q1Y0

2023-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

philbin Posted at 7-16 19:24
Sorry but your PM window is unresponsive, so I'm just going to send the case number in the clear:

CAS-13471809-G6Q1Y0

Hi, Phil. Sorry for the late response. I've sent you a PM with an update on this case. Kindly please check. Thank you for your patience and understanding.  
2023-7-19
Use props
philbin
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-19 22:05
Hi, Phil. Sorry for the late response. I've sent you a PM with an update on this case. Kindly please check. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Your PMs do not work.  I never got it.
2023-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

philbin Posted at 7-19 22:13
Your PMs do not work.  I never got it.

You can check it now, Phil. Thank you
2023-7-19
Use props
Advanced