Battery Charging Hub
769 8 2023-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

Today when I am charging my batteries in the battery charging hub, I noticed something weird.  I plugged the hub into a plug that apparently was a low power plug because the lights went real slow across.  Then I plugged the hub into my Anker 145 watt charging plug and the lights started to go real fast.  Has anyone else noticed this? I have no idea if that means if the battery will charge faster or not.
2023-7-2
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I haven't timed it but when I charge the batteries in the hub using different powered chargers, the leds flash at different speeds.
2023-7-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Shawgod. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please share with us a video showing the difference between the lights of the plugs and the specs of the low-power plug for further checking? Thank you.
2023-7-2
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-2 18:07
Hi, Shawgod. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please share with us a video showing the difference between the lights of the plugs and the specs of the low-power plug for further checking? Thank you.

Where can I upload the video?
2023-7-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Shawgod Posted at 7-3 15:10
Where can I upload the video?

Hi there. Kindly upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you.
2023-7-4
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-4 07:20
Hi there. Kindly upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you.

Here is a short video of what I am talking about.
https://youtube.com/shorts/oTcCLb8NTiY?feature=share
2023-7-4
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-4 07:20

How do I PM you or other Administrators?
2023-7-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

It IS an indicator of chargeing speed. More amps delivered, faster charge. A good thing.
2023-7-4
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-10 03:03
Your assumption is correct.  The speed of the LEDs indicates how fast the batteries are charging.  In the hub I have seen Mini 2 & Mini 3 batteries charge at up to 36 watts.  A 30 watt or higher PD charger will ensure your batteries are charged as quickly as possible.

Another question I have is, will it ruin the batteries in any way if the batteries are charged too fast?  I am using a 120 watt charger from Anker https://a.co/d/d5J50SB and this is a beast.  
2023-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules