1627 2 2023-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
impossiblespeed261
lvl.1
Flight distance : 868225 ft
Australia

Hi DJI,

For action photographers, there's one basic photography feature that DJI drones have been missing: the ability to choose the speed (frames per second) of the photo burst mode.

A useful burst mode has the following characteristics:

1. Takes multiple photos after the shutter button is pressed in full quality.
2. Allows the user to choose the speed/frames per second which those photos will be taken. This is important as the desired speed will change in different use cases.
3. Allows the user to choose how many photos will be taken. This one is actually less important as any extra unwanted photos can be deleted.

The existing burst mode excels at characteristics 1 and 3, but lacks characteristic 2.

The inability to choose the frames per second (fps) of the burst shooting greatly limits the ability to use DJI drones for action photography. The shutter lag which varies unpredictably means that it is virtually impossible for a photographer to capture a specific moment when there is fast-moving action. To overcome this, many drone users would love to have the ability to set the frames per second (fps) of the burst shooting. If I had the ability to choose 2 fps (for example) and spread the 7 images over 3.5 seconds, I could press the shutter when I know the perfect shot is going to occur in the next 3.5 seconds but unable to time the press of the shutter manually due to the unpredictable shutter lag.

The new Mavic 3 Pro brings better-than-ever hardware for action photography through the inclusion of longer focal lengths with RAW shooting, eg 48MP 70 mm. However, I haven't upgraded as the same limited burst function makes the DJI drones so frustratingly crippled for photography. As a photographer, I'm disheartened DJI drones seem to be so video feature packed but basic photography features remain forgotten.

DJI, please, seriously consider implementing the ability to choose the frames per second (speed) of the burst shooting. I know I'm not alone in wanting this, there's a significant community who refrain from investing in DJI drone gear as the software doesn't meet the needs of action photographers.
2023-7-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We value customers who provide their feedback. Rest assured that we'll communicate it with the respective team for its potentials. We are grateful for sharing your opinions with us. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2023-7-3
Use props
offtheback
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13086942 ft
United States

I agree with you.When shooting with even a basic Olympus ILC I can pick up to 20 FPS full raw and go for hundreds of photos taken with a fast card.I shoot surfing a bunch with a Mavic 2 Pro and extracting stills from video is the only way to capture action well.
2023-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules