Mavic 2 Pro d'ont want to take off
1572 11 2023-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bigouz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38268 ft
France

Hello, I'm having an issue with my Mavic 2 Pro and I don't understand what could have happened.
Ever since a firmware update, it has been impossible for me to take off the drone. On the screen, I get an error message saying there's an obstacle above, even though there's nothing there at all. I've tested it in open fields, in a garden, near a lake, mountain, really spacious places, but no matter what it keeps giving me the same error. I've changed the propellers, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, etc. Nothing
If you have a solution, that would be great!
Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20230703-101049.png
2023-7-3
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

The message on the screenshot says gimbal motor overload, so it seems there is more wrong than just the obstacle message.
2023-7-3
Use props
bigouz
lvl.1
France

No it's OK for the gimbal I've repair it.
2023-7-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try switching to sports mode. Though do not go high, just see if it will fly.
You might also try taping over the upward looking sensors though I can't remember if that works.
2023-7-3
Use props
bigouz
lvl.1
France

IN Sport mode, it do the same. A quick 20 cm take off and landing directly.
2023-7-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I dont understand, in the opening post you say it is impossible for the drone to take off, which I take to mean that the drone will not leave the ground. Then in post 5 you appear to say you see the same behaviour but it is leaving the ground and climbing to 20cm.

Which is correct?

Have you tried to  go back to the old firmware?  I think you can do that via the assistant 2 https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic

THeonly other thing I can think of it to calibrate the sensors.
2023-7-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take off the gimbal cover?  : )
2023-7-3
Use props
bigouz
lvl.1
France

Hi,

I've calibrated the sensors and it's seems OK, I have no the gimbal cover ;)
I can't back to an old firmware, when I try to connect the drone to the software, I've only one firmware, the last one

Here is a vidéo of my problem : https://photos.app.goo.gl/yYSp8yd8hwUepMJo7
2023-7-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello bigouz, Can you please try to follow the steps below:
1. Please check if there is strong light emitting in the direction where a mistaken detected obstacle is reported.
2. Does the aircraft report an obstacle when flying in a fixed direction? If so, check and see if there are buildings, trees, and scenes with repeated texture and grid lines in the environment.
3. Try to update the firmware and use DJI Assistant 2 to conduct vision sensor calibration (sometimes, the first calibration has poor quality. We recommend further calibration). In most cases, the issue can be fixed by calibrating the vision systems and updating the firmware again. I hope this helps.

If the issue persists, we advise you to send the aircraft back for testing. Thank you
2023-7-4
Use props
bigouz
lvl.1
France

I've try all that but there is no solution
By the way I trying the calibration on DJI Assistant but it fail at the end.
And I not be able to take off and flying anyway
2023-7-4
Use props
bigouz
lvl.1
France

Already no solution ?
2023-7-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bigouz Posted at 7-6 08:47
Already no solution ?

Hi, bigouz. If you have performed the steps above and the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

2023-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules