3565 16 2023-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pitcho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 667910 ft
Philippines

Good Morning

Do we have a chance to have one day the SDK for the Mini 2 SE ???

They release the SDK for the Mini 3 before the Mini 2 SE ... i dont understand why ??

Thank you
2023-7-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Pitcho. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, Mini 2 SE doesn't support SDK and there's no information available if it will be supported. But we will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for its potential. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-7-3
Use props
Crispolo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1134980 ft
Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-3 19:44
Hi, Pitcho. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, Mini 2 SE doesn't support SDK and there's no information available if it will be supported. But we will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for its potential. Thank you for your kind understanding.

we hope for the release of sdk
2023-7-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Crispolo Posted at 7-3 21:13
we hope for the release of sdk

Hi there. This has been forwarded as a suggestion. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
2023-7-4
Use props
SparkySurvey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1770289 ft
Australia

I would like to add myself to this request. There is a community of citizen scientists who like to test and share mapping products. Search GeoNadir. An entry level drone with this capacity would be a great support to growing DJI drone use. Most people don’t have Enterprise cash. I use the Mini 2 (got one of the last in Australia) to collect little areas of interest. Maintaining a low cost SDK for Apple and Android will help DJI grow and maintain its market. Better yet, add path planning to DJI Fly, but I know this opens the door to cutting your margins in the professional space.
2023-9-6
Use props
grubbsbe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11181 ft
United States

I am pretty bummed to find that I can't use any autonomous flight software with my mini 2 se. I got this drone hoping to use it for aerial mapping but now that may not be an option, and I can't really afford another drone.
2023-9-7
Use props
djiuser_oHovkm30iZXr
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This seems at first sight to be the point. To encourage consumers to trade up to the more expensive aircraft, DJI will software limit functionality. This is likely why a specific version of Fly is required (at least for the m2SE. I'm new round here, so other opinions would be very welcome. The thing DJI are missing is that waypoint planning in particular adds an air of surety for beginners and therefore encourages a greater uptake. Providing it doesn't damage margin either. One option would be to sell additional flight modes as one off paid software unlocks or monthly subscriptions. Best of both worlds for all then
2023-9-13
Use props
fans5c8a998f
lvl.1

Greece

When DJI release sdk for MINI 2 SE ?
2023-10-14
Use props
Zoran Murgoski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32940 ft
North Macedonia

A great product can only be built around great community. And the community is always eager to push the product far beyond what was initially planned on the board. Releasing  m2SE SDK will just prove what a great product it is, how far it's potential can go and will bring DJI added value in the future products planning. Release m2SE SDK now
1-3 22:43
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans5c8a998f Posted at 2023-10-14 21:04
When DJI release sdk for MINI 2 SE ?

Hello, there! Thank you for your inquiry. Sorry that there's no relevant information regarding this matter. Please pay attention to our official website for future news.
1-4 02:44
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Zoran Murgoski Posted at 1-3 22:43
A great product can only be built around great community. And the community is always eager to push the product far beyond what was initially planned on the board. Releasing  m2SE SDK will just prove what a great product it is, how far it's potential can go and will bring DJI added value in the future products planning. Release m2SE SDK now

Hi, there! We do appreciate your input regarding this matter. Please be advised that your feedback will be forwarded for awareness.
1-4 02:45
Use props
djiuser_wTjhJ7i4e0kp
New
Flight distance : 1421 ft
Italy

Hello, I would like to buy the Mini 2 SE but I have just realised there is no SDK for this drone. Please, could you release the SDK?
2-13 00:17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_wTjhJ7i4e0kp Posted at 2-13 00:17
Hello, I would like to buy the Mini 2 SE but I have just realised there is no SDK for this drone. Please, could you release the SDK?

Hi there. We appreciate your interest in the Mini 2 SE. DJI Has not yet announced any news about SDK support for the said aircraft. To check for other DJI aircraft that support SDK, you can check the DJI official website or use this link https://developer.dji.com/. We appreciate your patience.
2-13 03:24
Use props
James Saunders
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2-13 03:24
Hi there. We appreciate your interest in the Mini 2 SE. DJI Has not yet announced any news about SDK support for the said aircraft. To check for other DJI aircraft that support SDK, you can check the DJI official website or use this link https://developer.dji.com/. We appreciate your patience.

Hi Tony

I recently purchased the 2Se, it's an awesome drone.   Unfortunately I had assumed it would have API access, like the SE, and I purchased the 2SE for the better specs.
I realise this is on me and I should have done more research, as I want to use it for research projects.

So, I guess I'm asking if it is ever likely the API will be released - or should I gi back so sourcing he SE version 1 drones.

A number of students are looking to use the API and the 2SE is a great entry point if it supported it.
If there was a way to find out if this is going to happen (or never happen) it would be very helpful.
I'm sure there is a huge community that would support this, or even crowd fund the development if required.  I'd assume it would be more a port of the Mini 2 code and with some pruning, it feels like it could be done quite quickly, however if DJI don't want it to happen, then that's another story and would be good to have visibility on.
Cheers
James
2-18 02:46
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

James Saunders Posted at 2-18 02:46
Hi Tony

I recently purchased the 2Se, it's an awesome drone.   Unfortunately I had assumed it would have API access, like the SE, and I purchased the 2SE for the better specs.

Hi, James. I understand the importance of this request. DJI has not announced any plans yet about the support. For any other inquiries about  SDK, API, or secondary development, you can  contact “dev@dji.com”. In addition, we also recommend to visit the related page on the DJI official website at: https://developer.dji.com/. We appreciate your patience.
2-19 01:48
Use props
EngCass
New
Flight distance : 24455 ft
Mexico

Mini2 SE, its a great product, if the team relase the SDK for sure it will becomes a best seller drone. As an engineer I dont need a 12k super resolution camera to upload tiktoks. Our industry demands a pocket programmable drone, unfurtunately SE is not the awnser for now. I´m watching this little late, my 2SE arrives tomorrow and as I can see I will never be able to use it to program the routes that were required for my work, a total shame. Hopefully later he can be my coworker, but for now we just have to wait, I would be very sorry to return this good product
4-1 20:32
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

EngCass Posted at 4-1 20:32
Mini2 SE, its a great product, if the team relase the SDK for sure it will becomes a best seller drone. As an engineer I dont need a 12k super resolution camera to upload tiktoks. Our industry demands a pocket programmable drone, unfurtunately SE is not the awnser for now. I´m watching this little late, my 2SE arrives tomorrow and as I can see I will never be able to use it to program the routes that were required for my work, a total shame. Hopefully later he can be my coworker, but for now we just have to wait, I would be very sorry to return this good product

We deeply regret that we fell short of your expectations. Your satisfaction is our top priority. Rest assured we will forward your feedback to the relevant team. Feel free to contact us if you have any concerns, we are more than glad to help. You can also contact our DJI Support at [url]https://support.dji.com/[/url]. Thank you for your patience.
4-1 21:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules