304 days of failure: DJI Virtual Flight not working. DJI help us !!!
12Next >
48827 79 2023-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1002513 ft
Poland

today we celebrate 304 days of "DJI Virtual Flight” defect:

= "critical low google resolution" on iPhones: see how it looks here >

which was updated 484 days ago (28.9.2022)...
problem started when apple upgraded iOS to 16.4+ version (27.3.2023 exactly 304 days ago).

DJI team has been doing nothing to fix it for last 304 days.
Better than year ago:

Reminder of last year "DJI Virtual FLight issue":

when apple upgraded iOS to 15.3.1 = DJI left us with nothing 48 days:

conclusions:
since I bought DJI FPV I haven't been able to train for 352 days due to DJI incompetence

i would like to ask DJI again:

is it fair?

2023-7-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello, SlavoSpace. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. The delay of the display is due to the compatibility problem of mobile devices. Our engineering team has already noticed this problem. But temporarily, we suggest you try to change other mobile devices for testing.
2023-7-5
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 7-5 21:21
Hello, SlavoSpace. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. The delay of the display is due to the compatibility problem of mobile devices. Our engineering team has already noticed this problem. But temporarily, we suggest you try to change other mobile devices for testing.

The app doesn’t work on any iOS device, I’ve tried all the way back to 15.7! So stop telling us to try other devices and fix the damn thing, it’s been 3 months! The fault is the squad responsible not testing on iOS devices with multiple iOS version’s installed. Stop shifting the blame from DJI.

It’s your incompetency that we’re still waiting! Full your finger out and get your act into gear!
2023-7-7
Use props
Lionface
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have the same Issue, the simulator is unusable and I bought this drone on the premise I could spend a lot of time practicing.  I have tried on Android and Iphone and other devices.  DJI have a reputation for aweful customer support though.  Either update it or stop lying to people that there is a simulator attached to the product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2023-7-8
Use props
Lionface
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Everyone has noticed it over year ago now and you have not sorted it, don't play dumb, DJI is just lazy with software, DJI could be amazing but you seem to fail so hard at firmware and software, get your act together
2023-7-8
Use props
Andy Hay
New

United Kingdom

I'm having the same issue, not good enough DJI. If potential customers knew of these issues you wouldn't sell any. Get it fixed or I'm returning mine.
2023-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Andy Hay Posted at 7-8 12:10
I'm having the same issue, not good enough DJI. If potential customers knew of these issues you wouldn't sell any. Get it fixed or I'm returning mine.

I'm sorry about the trouble. Rest assured your requests and concerns are being considered by our engineering team. Hopefully, it will be available in the next update. You can check on the latest DJI news by going to dji.com. I appreciate your understanding and your patience.
2023-7-9
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

Lionface Posted at 7-8 11:45
I have the same Issue, the simulator is unusable and I bought this drone on the premise I could spend a lot of time practicing.  I have tried on Android and Iphone and other devices.  DJI have a reputation for aweful customer support though.  Either update it or stop lying to people that there is a simulator attached to the product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% agree, sadly.
2023-7-9
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 7-9 20:25
I'm sorry about the trouble. Rest assured your requests and concerns are being considered by our engineering team. Hopefully, it will be available in the next update. You can check on the latest DJI news by going to dji.com. I appreciate your understanding and your patience.

Considered?! Our concerns shouldn’t be considered, it should damn well be fixed. You released a faulty product! I’ve spent a total of AU$3,000.00 on the FPV and if I knew not long after buying it that DJI have pathetic customer service and take this long to pull their fingers out of their backsides to release a software update, the I would’ve spent my money on something else!
2023-7-9
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

I'm sorry about the trouble. Rest assured your requests and concerns are being considered by our engineering team. Hopefully, it will be available in the next update. You can check on the latest DJI news by going to dji.com. I appreciate your understanding and your patience.

Today = 105 days of DJI Virtual Flight failure.
Still no help, no training.
2023-7-10
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

today we celebrate 123 days of "DJI Virtual Flight” defect.
2023-7-28
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

today we celebrate 125 days of "DJI Virtual Flight” defect.
2023-7-29
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

today we celebrate 127 days of "DJI Virtual Flight” defect.
2023-7-31
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

today we celebrate 128 days of "DJI Virtual Flight” defect.
2023-8-1
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

today we celebrate 130 days of "DJI Virtual Flight” defect.
2023-8-3
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

today we celebrate 133 days of "DJI Virtual Flight” defect.
2023-8-6
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

today we celebrate 134 days of "DJI Virtual Flight” defect.
2023-8-7
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

Tonight I’ve got 27 apps that are updating, when the !@#$ is DJI going to update their app?
2023-8-8
Use props
djiuser_w6QVUBBPkGce
New

United States

I agree, this site is useless for figuring out drone problems. They just take your money and flip you the finger. Taking my drone back to Costco.
2023-8-8
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

today we celebrate 135 days of "DJI Virtual Flight” defect.
#DJI #pathetic
2023-8-9
Use props
SeiHikaru
New

Netherlands

Yeah, this really sux.
There is an alternative though. It's not perfect, but it works: Use the DJI flight simulator FPV app a.k.a DJI Virtual Flight
I assume you also use the DJI Fly app? If not, install that too, here's a step by step:
1. What you need to do is power on all your devices: Drone, Goggles, Controller and have them connect to each other (like you're about to fly for real).
2. Then connect the goggles to your phone. (I find that this connecting to my android doesn't work if I don't have the short female usb to charger cable connected to the goggles, instead of the other way around.)
3. Start the DJI fly app if it doesn't already open automatically.
4. Now you shut down DJI Fly(, but leave everything connected).
5. Open the DJI Flight Sim. app.
6. Press the "Ready to go" button or whatever it says on that yellow button.
7. The app will tell you to turn off your drone, so turn it off and continue.
8. App might freeze for a moment as it establishes its own connection to your controller and goggles.
9. Everything should now be connected and you can practice using your phone.

I know, DJI should just fix their s*** but we know that's not happening any time soon. What's somehow extra annoying is that for 2 glorious hours it worked on windows, but after that, never again. Software up to date, reinstalled, controller connects to the computer just fine, but still blinks green like it's looking for a connection, and the windows app even knows the controller IS connected, but doesn't respond to any inputs. But what can you do?

This has worked reliably for me. My cellphone is old, but runs the app just fine and other than the 30fps it is responsive enough to at least practice.
2023-8-19
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

today we celebrate 147 days of "DJI Virtual Flight” defect.
2023-8-20
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

When the f DJI?
2023-8-21
Use props
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.3

Netherlands

Don't bother, dji is too big to care.

I can however recommend another (much better) trainings app; velocidrone. only downside is that only the sticks work (mode buttons, brake button, etc, don't work) but the physics, the way the drone moves, is just way more representive and because of that for me the only proper trainings app.
2023-8-21
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

Rickvdvulkaan Posted at 8-21 04:46
Don't bother, dji is too big to care.

I can however recommend another (much better) trainings app; velocidrone. only downside is that only the sticks work (mode buttons, brake button, etc, don't work) but the physics, the way the drone moves, is just way more representive and because of that for me the only proper trainings app.

Does it also enable you to virtually train in Normal mode also?
2023-8-21
Use props
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.3

Netherlands

Waldo4280 Posted at 8-21 06:19
Does it also enable you to virtually train in Normal mode also?

hmm, not sure. I know there are multiple modes to fly, and there are tons of settings, but i dont think there is a mode that perfectly matches the DJI normal/sport mode, as it is really an fpv simulator, not specifically DJI. There are many drones to choose from, also the DJI FPV. This drone is actually called "dgi"   , i think because license stuff. ironically this dgi in velocidrone behaves much more realistic than the offical dji virtual flight app.

I only use the manual mode in this sim, because i think the normal or sport mode isn't really something i need to practice in a sim.  Sure there is a lot to learn in these modes as well, but it's not nearly as risky to do in real life than the manual mode. I actually practiced in real life in sport/normal mode, and when i got home i practiced the manual mode in the sim. So a little bit of both worlds in that way.

anyway, i'm glad i spent the 15 euro's for this simulator. I think i practiced for a week or 2 or so everyday, an hour or more before finally doing manual in real life, and i immediately felt comfortable (first few times i went to around 50m in the air in normal mode, before switching mode). And i still practice in the sim, because it's fun.
2023-8-21
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

today we celebrate 148 days of "DJI Virtual Flight” defect,
maybe you are right.. we have to find something "not DJI" to fly drones...

@DJI almost 150 days of "not working app" is OK with you? really?
2023-8-21
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

Rickvdvulkaan Posted at 8-21 12:26
hmm, not sure. I know there are multiple modes to fly, and there are tons of settings, but i dont think there is a mode that perfectly matches the DJI normal/sport mode, as it is really an fpv simulator, not specifically DJI. There are many drones to choose from, also the DJI FPV. This drone is actually called "dgi"   , i think because license stuff. ironically this dgi in velocidrone behaves much more realistic than the offical dji virtual flight app.

I only use the manual mode in this sim, because i think the normal or sport mode isn't really something i need to practice in a sim.  Sure there is a lot to learn in these modes as well, but it's not nearly as risky to do in real life than the manual mode. I actually practiced in real life in sport/normal mode, and when i got home i practiced the manual mode in the sim. So a little bit of both worlds in that way.

I was looking last night and couldn’t see a The DJI FPV,  it did see the one you mentioned and thought it looked like the FPV. I’ll look into it.
2023-8-22
Use props
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.3

Netherlands

Waldo4280 Posted at 8-22 04:04
I was looking last night and couldn’t see a The DJI FPV,  it did see the one you mentioned and thought it looked like the FPV. I’ll look into it.

hmm, forgot to mention, i think you need the "freestyle" pack
2023-8-22
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

WHEN WILL DJI PULL THEIR FINGER OUT AND UPDATE THEIR APP?!
2023-8-28
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

since I bought DJI FPV I haven't been able to train for 203 days due to DJI incompetence.

No one from DJI help us.

DJI ignore us.

shame You DJI !!!
shame..
2023-8-28
Use props
sniglom
lvl.1
Sweden

SlavoSpace Posted at 8-28 23:10
since I bought DJI FPV I haven't been able to train for 203 days due to DJI incompetence.

No one from DJI help us.

In Sep 01, 2021 Virtual Flight 1.2.0 was released.
It broke in March 14, 2022 when iOS 15.4 was released.

After two months of being broken, Virtual Flight 1.3.1 was released on May 05, 2022.
It stopped working just a few days later, on May 16, 2023 when iOS 15.6 was released.

Virtual flight 1.3.2 was released on Jun 30 2022, but it didn't resolve the issue.
Virtual Flight 1.4.0 was released on Aug 25, 2022, but it didn't resolve the issue.
Virtual Flight 1.4.1 was released on Aug 30, 2022, fixing the issue after 3.5 months.

Then iOS 16 came out on Sep 22 2022 and Virtual flight broke again.
Virtual Flight 1.4.2 was released a week later on Sep 28 2022 to fix this.

On March 27 2023, iOS 16.4 was released and DJI Virtual flight broke again.
Currently Virtual Flight has been broken for five months.

Since I bought my FPV, the simulator has been broken for about 10 months.
I don't know what to say, it's inexcusable.
2023-8-29
Use props
sniglom
lvl.1
Sweden

No, that's not the case. DJI can perfectly well use the beta versions of iOS and verify that the app is working before a new iOS version comes out. Since the release of the FPV and the Avata, DJI has shown that they don't do this.

There's no excuses for not following best practices when developing software. Neither are there any excuses for not delivering timely patches when issues shows up.
2023-8-29
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

sniglom Posted at 8-29 04:36
No, that's not the case. DJI can perfectly well use the beta versions of iOS and verify that the app is working before a new iOS version comes out. Since the release of the FPV and the Avata, DJI has shown that they don't do this.

There's no excuses for not following best practices when developing software. Neither are there any excuses for not delivering timely patches when issues shows up.

Exactly. All companies who create apps for release to the App Store have beta access to every iOS update.
2023-8-29
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

hi DJI Tony and other Gamora avatars here:
since I bought DJI FPV I haven't been able to train for 204 days due to DJI incompetence
2023-8-29
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

since I bought DJI FPV I haven't been able to train for 210 days due to DJI incompetence

i would like to ask DJI again:

is it fair?
2023-9-4
Use props
Minime0815
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1996804 ft
Germany

This is complete Bulls*** DJI.. I got the AVATA to use the Manual Mode... i could not practise. You sell this Products including the Sim...never seen this before. Every other Company fix this sh** within weeks. DJI grab our Cash and dont give a fu**. I get also Care Refresh...time is running. Maybe we need a Lawyer here? Product sold which is not 100% usable? AGAIN: You sell the FPV Series including the Sim! I get the Message in my googles i should first practice in the simulator. PAHAHAHA...NOT WORKING. Whats the fu***** Problem? Millions and Millions of Cash but you Dev Team for Ios is only one person? that's just crazy. Jesus fu***** Christ. I'll sell the garbage and have my peace back again. And no, I'm not going to switch to manual mode and destroy the thing without practice.
2023-9-5
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

So, it’s been announced that iOS 17 is being released on 17th September, that’s 4 days away, can you confirm, or deny, that the Virtual Flight App has been in development to fix the problem that the app doesn’t work, and is iOS 17 compatible so that your customers will be able to train in Manual mode?
2023-9-12
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

since I bought DJI FPV I haven't been able to train for 218 days due to DJI incompetence
2023-9-12
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

Cmon DJI, 44,200 people have viewed this thread, surely that tells you something?
2023-9-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules