304 days of failure: DJI Virtual Flight not working. DJI help us !!!
49022 79 2023-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JBLA
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I am in the United States and have had no issues flying.  I am in Los Angeles and other than multiple no-fly zones and restricted airspace with the absurd number of helicopters here I have had no issues with the FPV going through my Iphone  I have a 13 pro max with current iOS.  Sounds like many of you are unable to use your drones?  
2023-9-13
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

JBLA Posted at 9-13 15:20
Hi, I am in the United States and have had no issues flying.  I am in Los Angeles and other than multiple no-fly zones and restricted airspace with the absurd number of helicopters here I have had no issues with the FPV going through my Iphone  I have a 13 pro max with current iOS.  Sounds like many of you are unable to use your drones?

G’day JBLA, it’s not the ability to fly, the problem is that we can’t train in Manual mode using the DJI Virtual Flight app. I’m not taking my drone out and learn to fly in Manual mode without first building muscle memory etc.
2023-9-13
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1002513 ft
Poland

since I bought DJI FPV I haven't been able to train for 224 days due to DJI incompetence...

after update iPhone to iOS 17.0 the same: DJI Virtual Flight is still useless:

shame of You, DJI...

2023-9-19
Use props
sniglom
lvl.1
Sweden

It's sad that Apple has the time to release a major version of iOS before DJI releases a patch for the simulator.

I wish DJI would allow iOS app to run on Macs with Apple silicon. (It's just a toggle, no development required.) Perhaps it would work better on mac than on the iPhone. Been asking the support for allowing the app to run on Macs since the simulator broke last year, but still, it's not permitted, even though it's no effort required.

The support suggest that I run the Android simulator, but I don't own an Android phone.

The support also suggest that I run the Windows simulator.
* The Windows simulator is outdated. It hasn't been updated in over 2 years and is running 1.4.0 instead of 1.4.2 as the app.
* The Windows simulator doesn't simulate the Avata correctly, it flies at over twice the speed of the real unit.
* The Windows simulator doesn't support using the goggles, even though it's technically possible (I've done it via hacks).
* The windows simulator is mixing English and Chinese. Come on.

2023-9-19
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Waldo4280 Posted at 9-13 17:02
G’day JBLA, it’s not the ability to fly, the problem is that we can’t train in Manual mode using the DJI Virtual Flight app. I’m not taking my drone out and learn to fly in Manual mode without first building muscle memory etc.

You can't train muscle memory with a simulator. It's a start but you lose the reality of actually flying. It's not the same as the simulator.

Why don't you just fly your drone?
2023-9-21
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

bjr981s Posted at 9-21 05:30
You can't train muscle memory with a simulator. It's a start but you lose the reality of actually flying. It's not the same as the simulator.

Why don't you just fly your drone?

And crash a very expensive piece of kit, no thanks. DJI pull your finger out of your backside and update the virtual flight app! Almost every 2nd day there’s an update to this app I’m typing on,  it still no update so we can train! FFS!
2023-9-21
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

44,478 views confirms this is an issue, but DJI won’t tells us if this is being investigated, implemented for an update or not. Can we please have an honest answer?
2023-9-25
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Waldo4280 Posted at 9-25 00:19
44,478 views confirms this is an issue, but DJI won’t tells us if this is being investigated, implemented for an update or not. Can we please have an honest answer?

Waldo don't take this the wrong way, but 44478 views only confirm that you have been waiting for long time without any changes to the problem...

Perhaps you could buy a cheaper drone to train or if you have a friend and two radios with the trainer option, that will work too... There are other flight simulation out there (some even free) where you could build your memory muscle... That is if you are serious about training...

You can clearly see even just from this thread, that Elvis has left the building... Waste of time, really...

PS
Memory muscle is not related to what you fly but to the time it takes you to input a command on your radio... If you really want good memory, I would train on a single rotor heli. Then, flying a drone, it will be like a walk in the park...
2023-9-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Waldo4280 Posted at 9-21 05:41
And crash a very expensive piece of kit, no thanks. DJI pull your finger out of your backside and update the virtual flight app! Almost every 2nd day there’s an update to this app I’m typing on,  it still no update so we can train! FFS!

Had this conversation with people years ago on this forum when the Phantom 2 Vision Plus was released.

Go buy yourself a $50 WlToys V911 4 channel helicopter or a $60 MJX hexacopter.

Or go real upmarket and get yourself a Gamesir controller for your smartphone and a DJI/Intel  Tello.

I have 5 of these and have taught my 6-12 year old grandchildren how to fly and we have races on the front lawn and up and down the street.

You will never get to fly unless you go out and fly. You will sit indoors and play on your PC instead.
2023-9-25
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

since I bought DJI FPV I haven't been able to train for 231 days due to DJI incompetence

i would like to ask DJI again:

is it fair?
2023-9-25
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

SlavoSpace Posted at 9-25 23:17
since I bought DJI FPV I haven't been able to train for 231 days due to DJI incompetence

Hellooo? Is anybody home???
2023-9-26
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

You can get alternative FPV simulators for your PC on Steam.  This is not a perfect solution, but it might help some of you.  You can't use your Goggles like on DJI Virtual Flight.  Some of them are free.  Orqa Sky Dive is free (but IMHO induces nausea.)  Currykitten's FPV sim available on Steam, but is free via https://github.com/CurryKitten/CurryKitten-Sim/releases

Liftoff ($20 USD), one of the best and most popular FPV sims even has a DJI FPV mode.  You'll need to get the DJI FPV DLC Pack (it's free.)   https://store.steampowered.com/a ... f_FPV_Drone_Racing/
2023-9-26
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

since I bought DJI FPV I haven't been able to train for 232 days due to DJI incompetence

is it fair?

PS
I've paid a lot of money for DJI FPV, no more money for android device to buy for DJI Virtual Flight trainings ...
i am Mac user too so can't connect DJI googles to MacBook, buy app on steam and fly..

just can't.

so I am WAITING for fix from DJI almost ONE YEAR!

(tomorrow we start celebrate one year anniversary of last update of DJI Virtual Flight).
2023-9-26
Use props
SixHexSix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4107346 ft
  • >>>
United States

Waldo4280 Posted at 9-13 17:02

People learned before there was simulators, and you also have a brake button where you will stop and hover. Go really high in the air, then put it on manual, and then you will have so much time to hit the "oh crap" button before you ever crash. I have crashed mine twice and sent it in both times. I never had to use my care refresh and the repair was in both cases, less than $20 worth of parts and a $60 repair fee. Also in both cases, I received a brand new drone.
2023-9-28
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

But are there really people who use this "simulator"? There are a lot of better and more REALISTIC simulators out there for Mac or PC. Velocidrone, LiftOff, Uncrashed, TRYP, AIDrone Sim, FPV.SkyDive or DLC game. Just to named the most famous. The first two are the ones I recommend. Physics in DJI virtual Flight is totally wrong.
2023-9-30
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

Luca Rubino Posted at 9-30 14:42
But are there really people who use this "simulator"? There are a lot of better and more REALISTIC simulators out there for Mac or PC. Velocidrone, LiftOff, Uncrashed, TRYP, AIDrone Sim, FPV.SkyDive or DLC game. Just to named the most famous. The first two are the ones I recommend. Physics in DJI virtual Flight is totally wrong.

I’ve got Liftoff on my Mac, but you can’t use all the bindings that the remote has. It’s not a question do people really use the DJI simulator, but an onus on DJI to fix their app and release an update.
2023-10-1
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

conclusions:
since I bought DJI FPV I haven't been able to train for 237days due to DJI incompetence

is it fair?
2023-10-1
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

Luca Rubino Posted at 9-30 14:42
But are there really people who use this "simulator"? There are a lot of better and more REALISTIC simulators out there for Mac or PC. Velocidrone, LiftOff, Uncrashed, TRYP, AIDrone Sim, FPV.SkyDive or DLC game. Just to named the most famous. The first two are the ones I recommend. Physics in DJI virtual Flight is totally wrong.

you can't connect DJI googles and controller to Mac and use sim like DJI Virtual Flight.
to make live easier DJI sell me (us) additional app (Virtual Flight).
i have paid for it.

but DJI cheat me since 190 days - they sold me app with failure - can't practice because very critical low video quality.

DJI are cheaters.
2023-10-1
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 7-5 21:21
Hello, SlavoSpace. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. The delay of the display is due to the compatibility problem of mobile devices. Our engineering team has already noticed this problem. But temporarily, we suggest you try to change other mobile devices for testing.

hi DJI Tony,

last update of DJI Virtual Flight was ONE YEAR AGO!
DJI Virtual Flight has a failure inside - did You know?
DJI know the issue since 190 days.

why do You ignore us?
2023-10-1
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 7-9 20:25
I'm sorry about the trouble. Rest assured your requests and concerns are being considered by our engineering team. Hopefully, it will be available in the next update. You can check on the latest DJI news by going to dji.com. I appreciate your understanding and your patience.

since I bought DJI FPV I haven't been able to train for 244 days due to DJI incompetence

is it fair?
2023-10-8
Use props
777Brad
lvl.3

United States

One of the features of buying this drone is that a simulator was available for it.       Saying "this one is $20" or "this one is free" may sound like answers.     But ultimately they are not.     I paid for the drone.    I want what was promised with my purchase.   
2023-10-16
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 7-5 21:21
Hello, SlavoSpace. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. The delay of the display is due to the compatibility problem of mobile devices. Our engineering team has already noticed this problem. But temporarily, we suggest you try to change other mobile devices for testing.

today we celebrate 205 days of "DJI Virtual Flight” defect !

any answers for customers DJI ?
2023-10-17
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

conclusions:
since I bought DJI FPV I haven't been able to train for 288 days due to DJI incompetence

is it fair?
2023-11-21
Use props
illidan2000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4507595 ft
Italy

SlavoSpace Posted at 11-21 16:07
conclusions:
since I bought DJI FPV I haven't been able to train for 288 days due to DJI incompetence

Don't give up. Keep complaining
2023-12-1
Use props
illidan2000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4507595 ft
Italy

Is there a way to use the Dji Virtual Flight app with dji RC, dji rc2, rcn1 or rcn2?
2023-12-1
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

SlavoSpace Posted at 11-21 16:07
conclusions:

It’s utter bull shyte and total incompetence from DJI.
2023-12-2
Use props
Rapidlaser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 475066 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Yep and it seems they have to make every version with at least one fault, the PC version has been reported to have this rc2 connection problem too, I know its not great to use profanity but what a sad bunch of absolute tossers DJI are, they let themselves down badly with this type of behaviour especially  when you consider how many of their products most of us have bought, I started with the Wookong controller suff over a decade ago now, bought the spark, the Mavic 2 pro, the FPV, and 2 Avatas, all the fly more kits and the horrendous goggles RE that have only been used 4 times. it really is a damn cheek!
2023-12-15
Use props
Rapidlaser
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

SeiHikaru Posted at 8-19 08:41
Yeah, this really sux.
There is an alternative though. It's not perfect, but it works: Use the DJI flight simulator FPV app a.k.a DJI Virtual Flight
I assume you also use the DJI Fly app? If not, install that too, here's a step by step:

I'm not entirely sure what problem you are saying your method fixes? Regarding the rc connection in windows, there does not seem to be a preferred method to get it working but after disconnect and reconnect a few times it finally works.
2023-12-15
Use props
Rapidlaser
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

Minime0815 Posted at 9-5 05:43
This is complete Bulls*** DJI.. I got the AVATA to use the Manual Mode... i could not practise. You sell this Products including the Sim...never seen this before. Every other Company fix this sh** within weeks. DJI grab our Cash and dont give a fu**. I get also Care Refresh...time is running. Maybe we need a Lawyer here? Product sold which is not 100% usable? AGAIN: You sell the FPV Series including the Sim! I get the Message in my googles i should first practice in the simulator. PAHAHAHA...NOT WORKING. Whats the fu***** Problem? Millions and Millions of Cash but you Dev Team for Ios is only one person? that's just crazy. Jesus fu***** Christ. I'll sell the garbage and have my peace back again. And no, I'm not going to switch to manual mode and destroy the thing without practice.

Maybe its time for a class action lawsuit?
2023-12-15
Use props
Rapidlaser
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

Waldo4280 Posted at 9-13 05:22
Cmon DJI, 44,200 people have viewed this thread, surely that tells you something?

Tells me that is enough people to launch a class action lawsuit.
2023-12-15
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

Rapidlaser Posted at 12-15 00:46
Yep and it seems they have to make every version with at least one fault, the PC version has been reported to have this rc2 connection problem too,  I know its not great to use profanity but what a sad bunch of absolute tossers DJI are, they let themselves down badly with this type of behaviour especially  when you consider how many of their products most of us have bought, I started with the Wookong controller suff over a decade ago now, bought the spark, the Mavic 2 pro, the FPV, and 2 Avatas, all the fly more kits and the horrendous goggles RE that have only been used 4 times. it really is a damn cheek!

I would not swear in forums, however it’s evident from the copy and paste vanilla replies from moderators, that nothing has been or will ever be done to rectify the issue.

Instead the blame continues that the hardware is at fault because it’s no longer compatible with the app version. If I tried that in a workplace as a Senior UX Designer (which is what I am), then I’d be shown the door very quickly.

So my patience has run out and as a customer I would not recommend DJI. Do I like my drone? Yes. But what helped me make the decision to put nearAUD $3k down on the DJI FPV was it’s ease of use and I could learn to fly virtually. If had known about the utter contempt of DJI for customer service, then I would have done something totally different with my money.

Could the threat of class action against DJI do something? Question is, what’s covered in the Terms and Conditions of their app and what multitude of excuses have they made so they don’t have to give a F@#$?
2023-12-15
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

today we celebrate 302 days of "DJI Virtual Flight” defect
1-23 06:56
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

303 days of failure DJI Virtual Flight !
1-23 23:48
Use props
SlavoSpace
lvl.4
Poland

today we celebrate 304 days of "DJI Virtual Flight” defect. DJI still is blind for customers :/
1-24 23:25
Use props
yummy fur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1239488 ft

Australia

When the fuck will DJI fix this.
3-5 20:06
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

SlavoSpace Posted at 1-24 23:25
today we celebrate 304 days of "DJI Virtual Flight” defect. DJI still is blind for customers :/

Are we going to have an anniversary celebration for this?

It could be a nice get-together party...

19 more sleep....
3-6 01:14
Use props
yummy fur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1239488 ft

Australia

Waldo4280 Posted at 2023-9-13 05:22
Cmon DJI, 44,200 people have viewed this thread, surely that tells you something?

14,000 have viewed this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/Djifpv/ ... e_dji_such_asshats/ in the past one day.

DJI support answer the thread and ask me for a sample video of the problem and also to describe it better even though I linked to this thread with a video of the problem.

I encourage everyone who is jacked off that they paid for the DJI FPV kit which included their custom software that plugs into their goggles, and now cannot do that to Make Some Noise on the reddit thread above.
3-6 20:13
Use props
Studio8Phil
New
Flight distance : 11749 ft
United States

Has this issue been fixed yet? Haven't tried for a long time after too much frustration. Just saw an ad for Avata 2 Simulator so I thought it may have been fixed?
4-24 14:45
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Studio8Phil Posted at 4-24 14:45
Has this issue been fixed yet? Haven't tried for a long time after too much frustration. Just saw an ad for Avata 2 Simulator so I thought it may have been fixed?

No, the original app is no longer maintained (even says so in app store description), and the new Avata 2 demo in DJI Store app is only useable with touchscreen controls, no way to connect hardware controllers or goggles like with the old app.
4-24 15:22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Studio8Phil Posted at 4-24 14:45

Thank you for your continued support of DJI Virtual Flight. The latest version of the software has been optimized to enhance the user experience, addressing issues such as blurry images when used with goggles, thereby providing an improved functional experience.

Meanwhile, DJI Avata and DJI FPV series products have been optimized and taken to the next level in terms of safety and accessibility, bringing users infinite possibilities for flight experience and content creation. We also anticipate the opportunity to explore the breathtaking outdoor world with you and savor the excitement of actual flying. Therefore, DJI Virtual Flight will stop maintenance on March 21, 2024. If you have already downloaded this app, you can continue to use it with the corresponding device. Furthermore, you have the option to explore other third-party simulators that are compatible with DJI's products. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-25 23:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules