Drone Insurance for non EU citizen - Urgent
1629 8 2023-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OngisNade
lvl.2

Singapore

Hola
I am staying in Singapore resident here and looking to get drone insurance for EU, but so far all insurer company that I checked online or via email such Zurich, Flock, Skywatch, Coverdrone, they dont have option for Singapore address (or Indonesia) address during insurance registration. Switzerland is requested for drone insurance.
I even asked EASA by email and they responded, but not give info any rone insurance that they know able to provide non EU citizen, but asked me to check with insurer which I already did.

could anyone kindly to share info if any Singaporean or Asian citizen traveled to EU and able to registered your drone in EU, which insurance company that you use?

I am planning to bring only Mini 3 pro and keep Mavic 3 stay home.

thanks in advance

Alex
2023-7-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fpvuk.org membership comes with cover for UK + Channel Islands + Isle of Man for non UK residents,  sadly the drop the EU cover also if you are from outside UK.
2023-7-4
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

Do you need an insurance company in EU? I think you just need to have an insurance for your drone. - What I want to say is, that i could be the easiest way for you to get the insurance in Singapore and just take the certificate of it with you.     Good luck!
2023-7-6
Use props
OngisNade
lvl.2

Singapore

hello, EASA required for drone insurance with cover to EU, especially Switzerland requested for $1M CHF.
I did try to register via Croatia and Switzerland authority website, and all stuck as need to submit drone insurance. both Croatia and Switzerland required for EU drone insurance.
since 1st Jan 23 if I am not wrong when read the registration form, even below 250gr drone as long as have camera attached would need to register, and in order to register they required to have drone insurance.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/light/topics/drone-insurance#:~:text=The%20EASA%20Drone%20Rules%20require%20you%20to%20have,also%20if%20you%20are%20operating%20a%20lighter%20drone.

kindly please help if any info.

thanks
Alex
2023-7-6
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

OngisNade Posted at 7-6 05:48
hello, EASA required for drone insurance with cover to EU, especially Switzerland requested for $1M CHF.
I did try to register via Croatia and Switzerland authority website, and all stuck as need to submit drone insurance. both Croatia and Switzerland required for EU drone insurance.
since 1st Jan 23 if I am not wrong when read the registration form, even below 250gr drone as long as have camera attached would need to register, and in order to register they required to have drone insurance.

Again, are you sure that you need to have the insurence with a company IN the EU?
Or can your local insurance company give you the insurence cover FOR the EU, as well?
2023-7-6
Use props
cheetoz
New
Indonesia

This is very annoying. I just bought dji mini 4 pro thinking that sub 250g drone does not require any license. It is only now that I found out that we are required to register as pilot due to the existence of camera on the drone and in order to register, we also need drone insurance which near impossible to purchase for non EU resident. I am from Indonesia and no local insurance company offer drone insurance. I feel like I just wasted $$$ on useless dji drone since I can't use it legally in the EU. Please kindly let us know if you found any solution.
2023-11-21
Use props
OngisNade
lvl.2

Singapore

cheetoz Posted at 11-21 01:42
This is very annoying. I just bought dji mini 4 pro thinking that sub 250g drone does not require any license. It is only now that I found out that we are required to register as pilot due to the existence of camera on the drone and in order to register, we also need drone insurance which near impossible to purchase for non EU resident. I am from Indonesia and no local insurance company offer drone insurance. I feel like I just wasted $$$ on useless dji drone since I can't use it legally in the EU. Please kindly let us know if you found any solution.

hello, this is what I did and work well :
1. get drone register with Dflight in Italy, as have English option, and not require for insurance for register small drone (d-flight.it), need to print out the label and paste it to drone
2. get drone license A1/A3 from Irish aviation, same, as test is in English (https://iaa.mysrs.ie), this is to cover EU requirement

for insurance, depending on your drone fly location, just purchase from specific country or some have option for whole EU coverage.

hope can help
2023-11-22
Use props
djiuser_wZkrC9waJahk
New

Poland

OngisNade Posted at 11-22 16:46
hello, this is what I did and work well :
1. get drone register with Dflight in Italy, as have English option, and not require for insurance for register small drone (d-flight.it), need to print out the label and paste it to drone
2. get drone license A1/A3 from Irish aviation, same, as test is in English (https://iaa.mysrs.ie), this is to cover EU requirement

Doesn't the c0 class not require any registration?
2023-12-23
Use props
OngisNade
lvl.2

Indonesia

I was tols that drone less than 250gr but attached with camera, it would need to register
2023-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules