o(^-^)o
Arnim
New
Flight distance : 45417 ft
Spain

Only 2 weeks after purchase I have two problems with the DJI Action 2:

1) The dual screen battery module remains black
2) the micro SD card is no longer recognized

I had already put up with the overheating problem. But now that a longer trip is pending, the camera lets me down.
That sucks!

According to the forum, I'm not alone! Have you found a solution in the meantime?

I have already tried all the tips in the forum: Reset, screen on/off settings.

Is there any news?

I really like the form factor! But this still seems to be a pre-production product.

Don't leave me stranded. I don't want to switch to GoPro in the short term now.

Please check my video here:
https://youtu.be/UTfDJe22KpI

2023-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to remove the cover and test it? If possible please connect the device to the DJI Mimo to check the firmware update notice and please update the firmware if it is available. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-7-6
Use props
Arnim
New
Flight distance : 45417 ft
Spain

1) Cover: We tested with and without cover. The screen remains black.
2) Firmware: I updated the firmware last week. When opening now the Mimo app, there is no update request.

I also did a Reset and cleaned the pins - no effect.

We have bought the camera 2 weeks ago on German Amazon and will send ich back now.
2023-7-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Arnim Posted at 7-7 04:02
1) Cover: We tested with and without cover. The screen remains black.
2) Firmware: I updated the firmware last week. When opening now the Mimo app, there is no update request.

Hi, Arnim. Thank you for the update and we're sorry to read that the issue persists. Should you need further assistance with the replacement unit, please let us know. Have a good day!
2023-7-9
Use props
fansb421f517
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-9 19:02
Hi, Arnim. Thank you for the update and we're sorry to read that the issue persists. Should you need further assistance with the replacement unit, please let us know. Have a good day!

I have the exact same problem with an older camera,  after updating it to the latest firmware.
The camera notices the display module is there, shows the battery level, and the record button on the display module works. But the second display stays black and the SD card won't get recognized.
Any further advice?

2023-7-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansb421f517 Posted at 7-15 12:38
I have the exact same problem with an older camera,  after updating it to the latest firmware.
The camera notices the display module is there, shows the battery level, and the record button on the display module works. But the second display stays black and the SD card won't get recognized.
Any further advice?

Hi, fansb421f517. Thank you for reaching out. May we ask about the specific model you're pertaining to?
2023-7-16
Use props
fansb421f517
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-16 19:12
Hi, fansb421f517. Thank you for reaching out. May we ask about the specific model you're pertaining to?

An Action 2, bought in 2021. After I updated the firmware, the display module stays black and the SD card doesn't work.
2023-7-17
Use props
djiuser_pkEgQf5MfERC
lvl.1

Singapore

Did you try charging it?
2023-7-17
Use props
fansb421f517
lvl.1

Germany

Yes, it's full. I cleaned the contacts, charged it up and tried different SD cards and also without one.
It's exactly like in the video in the first post. The camera does recognize the second battery, but not the display nor the sd card. It's showing the animation when removing it from the camera, but it doesn't show an image when connected to it.
I know I have to swipe over the modules display to activate it. If I do this, the main display actually gets locked, but the modules display doesn't activate. So the touchscreen kinda works, but the display doesn't.
2023-7-17
Use props
hvanoorschot76
lvl.1
Netherlands

fansb421f517 Posted at 7-17 08:22
Yes, it's full. I cleaned the contacts, charged it up and tried different SD cards and also without one.
It's exactly like in the video in the first post. The camera does recognize the second battery, but not the display nor the sd card. It's showing the animation when removing it from the camera, but it doesn't show an image when connected to it.
I know I have to swipe over the modules display to activate it. If I do this, the main display actually gets locked, but the modules display doesn't activate. So the touchscreen kinda works, but the display doesn't.

I had the same yesterday, but got a black screen on the camera module; just bought the camera on Amazon last week. It seems they shipped me an old unit, since the firmware is still at like 1.00.00.00 and MIMO app hasn't give me any update so far...
The battery unit front screen was working. Had to try and start the unit couple of times. Sometimes seems the on/off button doesn't work properly as well; not sure how long you should press it to get it working properly right away. Then both screens stay black but the green light is blinking.
My camera has the magnetic cover.
So far I find my experience with this unit is a bit disappointing.
I hope it will work properly on my holidays next week!
2023-7-17
Use props
djiuser_BJzmWlqsczeN
New
Brazil

I have the power module, and it also doesn't recognize the SD card anymore (it did in the past and worked perfectly for a couple of weeks.)

Not sure if a firmware update would fix this, or if I should send the unit for repair.
2023-7-18
Use props
djiuser_pkEgQf5MfERC
lvl.1

United States

@DJI any chance to re-apply firmware again. Seems there is a problem with the firmware update process. I bought a new one weeks ago and updated the firmware and it seems okay. Re-applying the firmware might fix it but i do not see any option.
2023-7-18
Use props
djiuser_pkEgQf5MfERC
lvl.1

United States

Firmware Ver
Camera Firmware Ver
Front touch screen firmware version

My working firmware. might be useful to check for comparison.

Can be found on settings in device info
2023-7-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansb421f517 Posted at 7-17 05:49
An Action 2, bought in 2021. After I updated the firmware, the display module stays black and the SD card doesn't work.

Thank you for the reply, fansb421f517. Can you please provide us a video of operation for further checking? Thank you.
2023-7-19
Use props
fansb421f517
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-19 06:30
Thank you for the reply, fansb421f517. Can you please provide us a video of operation for further checking? Thank you.

It was the exact same as in the video in post #1.
After contacting the supoort, I sent it in for repair.

2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansb421f517 Posted at 7-20 09:01
It was the exact same as in the video in post #1.
After contacting the supoort, I sent it in for repair.

Thank you for the update, fansb421f517. Please wait for the Damage Assessment that will be conducted in our facility and hopefully, you'll get your device as soon as possible.
2023-7-21
Use props
fifpep123
lvl.1

Netherlands

hi,
i have the excact same problem. how did you guys fix it?
3-26 10:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fifpep123 Posted at 3-26 10:10
hi,
i have the excact same problem. how did you guys fix it?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Please confirm what specific DJI product you are using. Also, please upload a short video showing the issue via Google Drive and send the link to us via PM so we can check the issue further. Please keep us posted.
3-28 03:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules