Livestreaming with DJI OM6 in DJI Mimo
5735 9 2023-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swagda
New

Greece

I recently bought the DJI Osmo Mobile 6 to livestream IRL events.

One of the key arguments for why I chose the DJI OM6, is the facetracking feature. I did not realize that it only would work in the DJI Mimo app, and that the DJI Mimo app did not have any support for Twitch Livestreaming, RTMP or SRT protocol.

I want to use it for livestreaming IRL events both on-the-go and at home where I can connect my phone camera to the gimbal.

So far I have not seen a single support for livestream in the Mimo app.
Have the developers of the app/OM6 mentioned anything about limitations to this? Or would it be possible to see an implementation of this in the near future?
I'm assuming that an SRT or RTMP feature would be easier to do than an actual Twitch connection. It would also be a lot easier to just connect it to OBS over Cellular/wifi while being in an entirely different area.

For now I'm using Larix Broadcaster to connect to OBS through an SRT protocol, but I'm missing out on a TON of sweet DJI features..
It would be a huge win from DJI if they implemented SRT or RTMP connectivity. I wouldn't care if it was behind a paywall as a "premium/subscription feature. It would 100% be worth it!

2023-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, the DJI Osmo Mobile 6 does not support the Livestreaming function. We recommend that you should directly use the live streaming platform app for live streaming to obtain better functionality. At this point, the gimbal can keep stable and ensure view stabilization. I will also take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-7-5
Use props
tyeb67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223 ft

France

Bonjour  a quand la mise a jours que puisse servir dji  mimo. Je suis sur Android 14  ca ne marche pas

Hello, when is the update that dji mimo can be used. I'm on Android 14 it doesn't work
Screenshot_20230713-193236.png
2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

tyeb67 Posted at 7-13 09:36
Bonjour  a quand la mise a jours que puisse servir dji  mimo. Je suis sur Android 14  ca ne marche pas

Hello, when is the update that dji mimo can be used. I'm on Android 14 it doesn't work

Hi, sorry for the late response. We apologize for the inconvenience. This issue is caused by the incompatibility of the app. Currently, DJI engineers have determined the cause of this issue, please wait for the release of Google's official Android 14 version, and our DJI Mimo APP will be compatible with the official version as soon as possible, please rest assured. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-7-24
Use props
BarrySDCA
New

United States

I just unboxed this to use with a 3rd party app for live streaming.  So disappointing no zoom or other great features.  Sending it back in favor of a much cheaper product, since I can't use the features anyway.
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BarrySDCA Posted at 12-15 12:47
I just unboxed this to use with a 3rd party app for live streaming.  So disappointing no zoom or other great features.  Sending it back in favor of a much cheaper product, since I can't use the features anyway.

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. The DJI Osmo Mobile 6 supports zoom functionality, however, this can only be applied through the DJI Mimo app. Using 3rd party app will not recognize the command from the gimbal. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-16
Use props
Erin Streit
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-7-5 22:12
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, the DJI Osmo Mobile 6 does not support the Livestreaming function. We recommend that you should directly use the live streaming platform app for live streaming to obtain better functionality. At this point, the gimbal can keep stable and ensure view stabilization. I will also take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Please add the ability to livestream in the DJI app so we can use all the functionality!!  This is a must have that needs to be added!!
5-1 07:52
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Erin Streit Posted at 5-1 07:52
Please add the ability to livestream in the DJI app so we can use all the functionality!!  This is a must have that needs to be added!!

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward this suggestion of yours to our relevant team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. However, we wish to inform you that there is no guarantee this will be featured Thank you for your understanding and support.
5-4 00:11
Use props
Lex Crawford
New

United States

Is there live stream enabled now? Had me sold until that. Why limit your users to just your app? Very close minded in my opinion especially today and live streaming. That stinks oh well.
5-7 21:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Lex Crawford Posted at 5-7 21:44
Is there live stream enabled now? Had me sold until that. Why limit your users to just your app? Very close minded in my opinion especially today and live streaming. That stinks oh well.

We understand the inconvenience. Rest assured your feedback will be referred to our designated team. We appreciate your understanding and patience. Have a great day ahead.
5-7 22:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules