1581 10 2023-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Digital Schools
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1185102 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all, - I took delivery of the new DJI Mavic 3 Pro with DJI RC today. Upgraded all firmware as instructed via the setup.
I noticed during setup inside my office that the connection kept dropping and the red light on the DJI RC appearing.
I suspected that this was possiby because i was indoors - i completed setup and took the drone outside.
The maiden flight was a nightmare - lost connection 3 times while flying no further than 1km.

Please can anytime advise or make suggestions to what i should do next?

Could this be a faulty unit or are there alternative options i could try to improve connection stability?

Kind Regards
Jon

2023-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific error message did you experience on the app during the issue? If you could provide us a screenshot of the error that would be very helpful. In addition, please try to have a test flight in an open area and please check the image below for the proper antenna orientation to gain a better signal transmission. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-7-5
Use props
Digital Schools
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi there ... - The error message on the DJI RC states "Aircraft not connected to RC"

thanks

2023-7-5
Use props
Digital Schools
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have taken the aircraft out 4 times to diffwerent locations and am faced with the same issue multiple times in each location.

The green light on the controller turns red and the message "Aircraft not connected to RC" appears - The image goes black and white and luckily the drone goes in the RTH mode and returns.

I have owned phantom 2,3,4 - Air, Airs2s etc and never experienced this type of disconnection issue on every flight - Even if the aircraft is only 15 meters away - this happens.

Am i the only person going through this?

2023-7-9
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Digital Schools Posted at 7-9 11:26
I have taken the aircraft out 4 times to diffwerent locations and am faced with the same issue multiple times in each location.

The green light on the controller turns red and the message "Aircraft not connected to RC" appears - The image goes black and white and luckily the drone goes in the RTH mode and returns.

I see that you have an Air 2S.

Try flying the M3 with the N1 controller. Make sure the N1is yup to date.

I suspect that you have an issue with the drone or the RC controller.
2023-7-10
Use props
Digital Schools
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 7-10 05:41
I see that you have an Air 2S.

Try flying the M3 with the N1 controller. Make sure the N1is yup to date.

Thats a great suggestion - Much appreciated

However, because the Mavic is only a few days old and purchased from Amazon, i'm returning it for a full refund - I hope to re-purchase a fully working version ASAP.
2023-7-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Digital Schools Posted at 7-10 10:29
Thats a great suggestion - Much appreciated

However, because the Mavic is only a few days old and purchased from Amazon, i'm returning it for a full refund - I hope to re-purchase a fully working version ASAP.

Hi there, Digital Schools. Sorry for the late response. Our apologies that you came up with a decision to return the unit for a refund. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries or concerns, you may click the "reply" button so we can be notified once you respond. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-7-23
Use props
djiuser_sUXhG8Eawy0h
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112175 ft
United States

I am having the exact same issue as reported by the OP.
Is there a widespread issue in this? Any hope to fix?

DJI Mavic 3 Pro with DJI RC RM330.
2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_sUXhG8Eawy0h Posted at 7-25 18:27

Hi there sorry for the inconvenience. Have you already tried flying the aircraft from a different location as also recommended in reply #2? Please keep us posted as we're more than glad to assist you. Also please refer to page 11 of DJI RC User Manual to check the optimal transmission. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-26
Use props
Avisekh
lvl.1

Switzerland

Yes seems like a serious issue. Last week I have lost my Mavic 3 Pro. I was in a fairly open place at the bank of a river. Within 2 minutes of flight the drone got disconnected from the controller and dived straight into the river and never found it. Can’t be the location as I could fly my Mini 3 Pro properly at the exact same location. Never thought that the drone can come down such a way. Everything was all right, props, battery, sensors were clean. Seems Mavic 3 Pro has some other issue going on with connection and reliability to stay up on flight!
1-9 11:30
Use props
GuiG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 780548 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_sUXhG8Eawy0h Posted at 2023-7-25 18:27

I have this problem with a Mini 3 Pro.
When within 30cm, all is well. When walking back, I received the message RC interference, then lost connection, and the screen was grey. When I walk back, the connection reestablishes itself.
A few weeks ago, the drone dropped to the ground from 1 meter up because I lost connection.
The RM330 and mini 3 pro are in for repair because they are unusable to fly with.
1-10 10:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules