RC Pro keeps logging out of account
2991 33 2023-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sweepickit 8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3709022 ft
United Kingdom

Quite often when I get to a location to fly my mini 3 pro with the RC Pro controller a message come up saying I'm not logged into my account. The controller will not connect to any wifi and I could not tether it to my phone to gat a connection...
How do I stop this happening?
2023-7-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You cant, i think its a security thing, even the forum does the same, super annoying...

Should have been able to tether though, but in future, at home, just check it and login if needed
2023-7-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sweepickit 8.  To ensure flight safety, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind users to connect to the network. For the Wi-fi issue, It is recommended to switch to a different Wi-fi network, or use a mobile phone to open a hotspot to connect. Make sure you have the correct password or try to forget the Wi-fi network from your RC Pro and sign back in. If the issue still persists, please do factory reset in DJI RC Pro and try again.
2023-7-6
Use props
djiuser_BA6baud65rKu
New

United States

So I'm guessing, if you are somewhere remote, where there isn't any WIFI or phone signal, you can't update and so cannot fly ! That's not the greatest system is it !
2023-7-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_BA6baud65rKu Posted at 7-22 06:53
So I'm guessing, if you are somewhere remote, where there isn't any WIFI or phone signal, you can't update and so cannot fly ! That's not the greatest system is it !

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. It is a good practice to check first the app on a location with WiFi network or internet connection to ensure that you are logged in before going to a remote location without any signals at all. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-7-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If its been a while, I always check my setup the day before i know I'm going out as thats when i will recharge the batteries, so i check the setup using a battery before its charged up to make sure everything works as it should, its my pre, pre flight check. Perhaps this is something you should look at doing so you don't have any wee surprises such as being logged out.
2023-7-30
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-30 19:03
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. It is a good practice to check first the app on a location with WiFi network or internet connection to ensure that you are logged in before going to a remote location without any signals at all. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

And what's the best practice if you are on a remote location with no Internet for longer than a month?
2023-7-31
Use props
Sweepickit 8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3709022 ft
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 7-31 00:26
And what's the best practice if you are on a remote location with no Internet for longer than a month?

I've had the situation where a day or two after doing updates it logs me out for the hell of it. Finally got my RC Pro to tether to my mobile for data so isn't such a big deal now!
2023-7-31
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Sweepickit 8 Posted at 7-31 02:39
I've had the situation where a day or two after doing updates it logs me out for the hell of it. Finally got my RC Pro to tether to my mobile for data so isn't such a big deal now!

That simply wouldn't work as there is no reception, so no mobile data available...
2023-7-31
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

And what's the best practice if you are on a remote location with no Internet for longer than a month?

I think you can still fly as there is no need to be logged in while flying. At least this is what I experienced IIRC.
2023-8-1
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

_SoP_ Posted at 8-1 00:57
I think you can still fly as there is no need to be logged in while flying. At least this is what I experienced IIRC.

Post n.5 answer this...

2023-8-1
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

Burt37 Posted at 7-31 13:59
That simply wouldn't work as there is no reception, so no mobile data available...

Here in the U.S. it’s about $30 per day to rent starlink.  So 4 dudes on a 60 day bucket list camping/trout fishing trip out west is going to cost them each about $500 for trip for internet.  Not cheap, but still better than $100 per day and using motel Wi-Fi.

How can it be only $10 per day in Australia?  What a croc of….(pun intended)

https://www.rentstarlink.com.au/

2023-8-1
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DroneApe Posted at 8-1 05:20
Here in the U.S. it’s about $30 per day to rent starlink.  So 4 dudes on a 60 day bucket list camping/trout fishing trip out west is going to cost them each about $500 for trip for internet.  Not cheap, but still better than $100 per day and using motel Wi-Fi.

How can it be only $10 per day in Australia?  What a croc of….(pun intended)

That's a good question...

Another good question would be, why do I need to pay money to fly my own drones when away from civilisation for longer than a month?
2023-8-1
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

Burt37 Posted at 8-1 13:46
That's a good question...

Another good question would be, why do I need to pay money to fly my own drones when away from civilisation for longer than a month?

Yes, I understand.  I understood at the airport security when they told me to take off my shoes or I wouldn’t be getting on the plane.  The world has changed. As Captain Jack Sparrow would say…either you can accept it or you can’t.
2023-8-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I properly joined the logged out brigade to day. Flew a flight and wanted to get the map so I switched wifi on whilst the drone was in the air, no problems. Around 1.5 hours later I remembered I needed to reset a setting I had changed, ooh I logged out, 4ft from my router.

I'm going to start a log of when I am logged out lol,
Does any phone wizard know if Android itself keeps logs of such things including when the phone was connected to wifi.
Non rooted phone as far as I know.
2023-8-1
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DroneApe Posted at 8-1 16:20
Yes, I understand.  I understood at the airport security when they told me to take off my shoes or I wouldn’t be getting on the plane.  The world has changed. As Captain Jack Sparrow would say…either you can accept it or you can’t.

I sincerely doubt that...
2023-8-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for your response. The purpose of connecting to the Internet sometimes is to obtain updated information on restricted flight zones on time. Flying without connecting to the internet for a long time will affect flight safety. This is why the accounts are logged out every month and a re-login is required. If WiFi is not accessible, you may connect to your mobile phone hotspot to log in and then disconnect right after. We apologize for the inconvenience.
2023-8-3
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-3 01:48
Thank you for your response. The purpose of connecting to the Internet sometimes is to obtain updated information on restricted flight zones on time. Flying without connecting to the internet for a long time will affect flight safety. This is why the accounts are logged out every month and a re-login is required. If WiFi is not accessible, you may connect to your mobile phone hotspot to log in and then disconnect right after. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi Paladin

Perhaps my English is not good enough for this topic...

It is not an inconvenience. It simply makes the drone useless if you, and please pay attention now because this is the important bit, are working in a remote area for longer than a month!!!

No internet, No mobile hot spot, NOTHING. Just power out of a generator and few UHF radios.. That's it...

I understand that I could spend more money and buy other equipment to allow me to have communication when in remote areas... But in the same way you could allow people to mind their own drone the way they want too... What kind of safety is affected in an area where there are possibly 5–10 people in 200 Square km???

It is not an inconvenience.. It is simply stupid!

An intelligent approach to this silly issue would be to have the radio downloading the new air safety data the soon a phone signal or Wi-Fi is detected, or even better, based on locations. You don't need safety data where there are no humans to protect!

Or even put it back to three months, the way it was setup before DJI changed to a month!

Luckily my income don't depend on the drones, but I still think this is just another DJI major fuckup!

2023-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Burt37 Posted at 8-3 02:20
Hi Paladin

Perhaps my English is not good enough for this topic...

Thank you for your response, Burt37. We totally understand your point. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-8-5
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-5 01:49
Thank you for your response, Burt37. We totally understand your point. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

But why is it taking so long to fix something this simple???

From here it doesn't look very professional... Loosing faith and interest very quickly...
2023-8-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Burt37 Posted at 8-5 03:24
But why is it taking so long to fix something this simple???

From here it doesn't look very professional... Loosing faith and interest very quickly...

Thank you for your response. We apologize if we can only do so much. Please know that all suggestions need to undergo evaluation and unfortunately, that takes time.  Also,  all customers can provide their suggestions and we will be more than happy to forward them to our relevant team but not everything will be approved as there may be some limitations such as technical or firmware limitations. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
2023-8-7
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-7 04:41
Thank you for your response. We apologize if we can only do so much. Please know that all suggestions need to undergo evaluation and unfortunately, that takes time.  Also,  all customers can provide their suggestions and we will be more than happy to forward them to our relevant team but not everything will be approved as there may be some limitations such as technical or firmware limitations. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

A better option would be to allow flight & give warning message that you are allowed only 3 flights & need to log out & re login before flying again so at least users get time to do so.

2023-8-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i did not read all the posts in details so apologize if this has been covered.  have you tried this?  before you leave (home) wifi coverage, log out and then log back in.  does that reset the timer?  does your account continue to logout within days?  it might be a pain to do this but it's better than being caught.  i understand this doesn't work so well for 30+ days.
2023-8-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-7 04:41
Thank you for your response. We apologize if we can only do so much. Please know that all suggestions need to undergo evaluation and unfortunately, that takes time.  Also,  all customers can provide their suggestions and we will be more than happy to forward them to our relevant team but not everything will be approved as there may be some limitations such as technical or firmware limitations. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your reply...

My suggestion would be to, at least, put it back to three months as it was before. At least that would be in line with most other electronic devices that need constant updates, like vehicle GPS and Mobile Phone security updates...

One month was really a bad move, sorry to say!
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ranjan Posted at 8-7 08:33
A better option would be to allow flight & give warning message that you are allowed only 3 flights & need to log out & re login before flying again so at least users get time to do so.

Hello, Ranjan. We will record this feedback of yours to our relevant team. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-8-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Burt37 Posted at 8-7 13:37
Thank you for your reply...

My suggestion would be to, at least, put it back to three months as it was before. At least that would be in line with most other electronic devices that need constant updates, like vehicle GPS and Mobile Phone security updates...

We appreciate your understanding, Burt. We will surely take note of this. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-8-8
Use props
mobile_mechanic
lvl.1

Canada

Hi All
I bought a new  DJI mavic 3 pro. Today I went out to fly and my RC PRO said you are not logged in. I could still fly but only up to 50 meters and away 50 meters.  So this $6985 CAD Drone is a paper weight every mouth if i don't login before going flying?
DJI's response to this is you should log in before going flying to prevent this. As a new user how would I know this?
There is nothing in DJI marketing that says you must login every month in order to fly.. If there was I would NOT have bought it. Thanks DJI for ruing my long weekend and road trip. It is not always possible to log in when you are on the road. NO cell signal NO wifi.
Wouldn't it be better to just display a message that reads, " You have not logged in to your DJI account for over 30 days. There may be update available Please log in soon. You have 5 flights left before restricted Flights will be imposed. Click OK to continue"
Would this be Better?
(1) DJI would not have google pages full of people asking, " Why is my DJI drone asking me to log in before I can fly?" This is just bad publicity
(2) People (your customers) would have a message in the Fly App saying why and prompting them to log in again soon but still allowing a limited number of flights . Not ruining the day out.
(3) DJI can still mine peoples flight date from the DJI Fly App. Because lets face it the only reason the restrict the App every 30 days is to force people to log in so you can access there data.      
DJI need's to remember people go on trips with family's, and by the time you have loaded up the car, Got the kids in and belted up, The wife and checked every door in the house is locked for the 6th time, Them one of the kids needs to get out and go to the bath room, Checking to see if my drone in logged in before we go Is not the first thing you think of.
THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP  
2023-10-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

mobile_mechanic Posted at 10-7 14:09
Hi All
I bought a new  DJI mavic 3 pro. Today I went out to fly and my RC PRO said you are not logged in. I could still fly but only up to 50 meters and away 50 meters.  So this $6985 CAD Drone is a paper weight every mouth if i don't login before going flying?
DJI's response to this is you should log in before going flying to prevent this. As a new user how would I know this?

Just don't hold your breath on this one...

After waiting for few months for DJI to act on this severe poor choice of forcing people to login, we resolved the issue by replacing the drone with a different brand..

Bottom line is that DJI don't really care, otherwise by now something would have changed already...
2023-10-7
Use props
mobile_mechanic
lvl.1

Canada

Burt37 can i ask what brand? I am right now looking at side loading a different App on my DJI RC PRO.. there is a few you tube guilds to do this and other fly Apps

2023-10-7
Use props
Nate Gates
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2605210 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Screwed AGAIN by this !! DJI NEEDS to fix it. I headed out early to catch the perfect light, I was signed in like last week.. get to location and the light is perfect but fleeting. I can’t fly because I have been signed out !! 7 min with poor connection to get signed in.. the light is GONE. Shot RUINED. Thanks to the DJI ridiculous policy of continuously signing people out.

FIX IT !! I shouldn’t have to be signed in at all just to fly ! But this constantly signing me out ?!?!!
2023-11-30
Use props
Nate Gates
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

mobile_mechanic Posted at 10-7 14:09
Hi All
I bought a new  DJI mavic 3 pro. Today I went out to fly and my RC PRO said you are not logged in. I could still fly but only up to 50 meters and away 50 meters.  So this $6985 CAD Drone is a paper weight every mouth if i don't login before going flying?

Agreed .. needs to be fixed
2023-11-30
Use props
Nate Gates
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-3 01:48

That response helps NO ONE !! Didn’t you read.. what to do if you have NO service for a long time ?!?! The drone is meant to fly in remote locations. The requirement to sign in needs to be eliminated!!! (User should be able to choose weather they wish to or not)
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Nate Gates Posted at 11-30 08:15
That response helps NO ONE !! Didn’t you read.. what to do if you have NO service for a long time ?!?! The drone is meant to fly in remote locations. The requirement to sign in needs to be eliminated!!! (User should be able to choose weather they wish to or not)

Hi. We do apologize if you feel that way. We understand your concern and rest assured that we will coordinate this to our developers for attention. Your feedback is our greatest motivation. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-4
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nate Gates Posted at 11-30 08:15
That response helps NO ONE !! Didn’t you read.. what to do if you have NO service for a long time ?!?! The drone is meant to fly in remote locations. The requirement to sign in needs to be eliminated!!! (User should be able to choose weather they wish to or not)

I totally agree. Having an outdoor device that requires a WLAN connection to work properly does not make sense at all. I had the same experience once - went for a hike in the bavarian alps, no signal for the mobile phone all around, and the drone says not logged in and limits the distance and height to 30m. Very annoying.
2023-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules