NTRIP Server without internet connection
1552 28 2023-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
auro
lvl.2

Brazil

Hi everyone, I currently own a DJI Agras T40.  I built an ntrip server at home using standard GNSS. I access my server through the control/joystick of the T40 creating an access point in my house. However, I can't see the rtk corrections coming to the controller when I don't have internet access. It seems to me that the control is performing DNS queries using the same interface to access NTRIP servers.  Is it possible to receive rtk corrections via ntrip using a local network without internet?  Is it possible to disable these DNS requests before sending the GET to the server?
2023-7-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will consult with our engineers and reply to you later.
2023-7-7
Use props
auro
lvl.2

Brazil

Thank you.

To elucidate:

So, if these DNS queries cannot be resolved, the RTK cant connect, even if the internet connectis isn't necessary.

What is my case, since my network is local and the bases are sending corrections normally through it, but the control interface simply does not send the command to receive the corrections while the DNS queries are not resolved and triggers a "Network error" .

After DNS resolved(with my access point in internet), i can listen the GET:

Auro.

2023-7-10
Use props
auro
lvl.2

Brazil

Using DJI Pilot 2 and the firmware of remote controller  02.00.0407, everything runs smoothly, I can stream corrections over my local network ans fix the mavic in the air.

The problem is only with the DJI Agras app, with firmware 01.01.0714 of remote controller and version of app 6.4.9.
2023-7-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

auro Posted at 7-10 11:29
Using DJI Pilot 2 and the firmware of remote controller  02.00.0407, everything runs smoothly, I can stream corrections over my local network ans fix the mavic in the air.

The problem is only with the DJI Agras app, with firmware 01.01.0714 of remote controller and version of app 6.4.9.

Hello, sorry for the late response. Our engineers would like to have Custom- APP Logs and Custom - Remote Controller Logs when you tested.
It requires you to tell us the test time, as detailed as possible to the point of hours and minutes.
2023-7-12
Use props
auro
lvl.2

Brazil

Thanks for the response.

Follow the logs, the timestamp is already on the name files. LOGS

I can reproduce that problem every time I tested. Seems to me that is invariant over time.

Updating:

I wrote a dummy local dns server that resolves queries, including those of the CNAME type, and even so I could not receive RTK corrections without internet.

Observing the exchanged packets when there is internet, it seems that the RC/APP resolves these DNS and performs a series of synchronizations with the DJI server issuing an encrypted message "Client Hello" and then "Server Hello" comes from the servers, when this series of exchanges take place, then it is possible to join the local ntrip network and fix the T40 drone.

But in a situation with 100% no internet, such as operating the T40 in a deep forest, the local network set up in this environment cannot even receive requests from the drone. It seems to me that there is a logic in the software that requires synchronization with the servers to be able to establish an NTRIP connection, be it online or offline.

In other words, I need internet for a short period of time to sync and then later I can log into my local network to fix the T40.
2023-7-12
Use props
auro
lvl.2

Brazil

Sorry the link was wrong, follow the correct one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s5hb0_M4TFIH22eDY1s5kz8t-JoA2XEj/view?usp=sharing
2023-7-12
Use props
auro
lvl.2

Brazil

A smaller log that I measured the exact time of execution: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18pe8u6V6tbGkZPLWFwJLLPdmhLO-Vz1h/view?usp=sharing

The test was executed in 08:43 to 08:49 (UTC-03:00) approx. Using Shenzhen time (UTC+08:00)  is 19:43 to 19:49.

Auro.
2023-7-13
Use props
auro
lvl.2

Brazil

Any update?
2023-8-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We are deeply sorry for the miss.
We can not receive the notifications unless you reply to us directly by clicking the REPLY button.
Your issue has been forwarded to our engineers. I will urge them to expedite the process first.
2023-8-25
Use props
djiuser_dw0q29zolsy7
New
Flight distance : 56923 ft
Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-25 04:49
Hello, there. We are deeply sorry for the miss.
We can not receive the notifications unless you reply to us directly by clicking the REPLY button.
Your issue has been forwarded to our engineers. I will urge them to expedite the process first.

Any update?
I have the same problem
2023-9-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_dw0q29zolsy7 Posted at 9-15 01:19
Any update?
I have the same problem

Hello, there. Currently, we did not receive the update. If you have the same issue, you may contact your dealer for troubleshooting first.
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

auro Posted at 7-10 11:29

The problem is only with the DJI Agras app, with firmware 01.01.0714 of remote controller and version of app 6.4.9.

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response.
Our engineers are struggling with reproducing the issue now.
They would like to have the APP Logs of DJI Pilot 2 for analysis. By doing this, they can compare the Logs with those of the AGRAS APP and dig further into the issue.
2023-9-18
Use props
auro
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-18 03:18
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response.
Our engineers are struggling with reproducing the issue now.
They would like to have the APP Logs of DJI Pilot 2 for analysis. By doing this, they can compare the Logs with those of the AGRAS APP and dig further into the issue.

Thank you for your response.

Yesterday I fly the Mavic 3M with DJI PILOT 2 version V6.1.1.1 with a local NTRIP without any access with internet, my drone flying fixed in rtk mode without any problem.

Follow the log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... FC/view?usp=sharing

Sorry for the late response too.
2023-10-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

auro Posted at 10-11 11:13

Yesterday I fly the Mavic 3M with DJI PILOT 2 version V6.1.1.1 with a local NTRIP without any access with internet, my drone flying fixed in rtk mode without any problem.

Thank you for your response. We have forwarded it to our engineers.
2023-10-11
Use props
djiuser_pZIIZKdmU9XV
New

Brazil

auro Posted at 10-11 11:13

Hi!
I have same problem. Please, a quick solition!
2023-10-16
Use props
djiuser_pZIIZKdmU9XV
New

Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-11 20:13

Please. We need the solution.
2023-10-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_pZIIZKdmU9XV Posted at 10-16 06:43
Please. We need the solution.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. The issue of the OP might be different from yours. Would you please tell us more details about your issue?
2023-10-16
Use props
auro
lvl.2

Brazil

Any update?
2023-11-13
Use props
auro
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-11 20:13

Iam still cannot fly rtk fixed mode with my T40 in no internet scenarios...
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

auro Posted at 11-23 12:21

Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you tested with different SIM cards?
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

auro Posted at 11-23 12:21

Hi, Our engineers said, that from the data, we can see that the APP did not connect to the custom server you set. Please check whether the server is set up correctly. We also tried to reproduce the issue on-site but could not find the issue.   
2023-11-25
Use props
auro
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-24 01:21
Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you tested with different SIM cards?

Thanks for the response.

I dont have SIM CARD, because in my flight areas there is no internet coverage, as I said earlier. My point is connect to a local ntrip server without internet and this includes without SIM CARD.

I only have this problem with agras, with the mavic this problem doest not occur.
2023-11-27
Use props
auro
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-25 03:50
Hi, Our engineers said, that from the data, we can see that the APP did not connect to the custom server you set. Please check whether the server is set up correctly. We also tried to reproduce the issue on-site but could not find the issue.

100% sure the data is correct, even  because, when I sincronize my account with DJI servers using DJI AGRAS APP, with the same NTRIP credentials I have the connection.

The question is: Its possible using NTRIP without internet in DJI AGRAS? Even the local ntrip server working well?
2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

auro Posted at 11-27 09:13
100% sure the data is correct, even  because, when I sincronize my account with DJI servers using DJI AGRAS APP, with the same NTRIP credentials I have the connection.

The question is: Its possible using NTRIP without internet in DJI AGRAS? Even the local ntrip server working well?

Sorry for the late response. We will ask them for further confirmation. Thank you for your update and feedback.  
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

auro Posted at 11-27 09:13

Update: The current DJI Agras App will check the connection to the DJI official website. If the PING does not connect to the DJI website, the app will not enable internet RTK services.
We will improve it in the later version. Temporarily, please connect your remote controller to the outer internet and connect to the DJI website.
2023-12-5
Use props
auro
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-5 03:50
Update: The current DJI Agras App will check the connection to the DJI official website. If the PING does not connect to the DJI website, the app will not enable internet RTK services.
We will improve it in the later version. Temporarily, please connect your remote controller to the outer internet and connect to the DJI website.

Hello, thank you for your response, clarified a lot... I will look forward to this important update.

One last question: This "PING" is an ICMP normal packet or an customized message, like an HTTPS message?
2023-12-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

auro Posted at 12-6 05:45
Hello, thank you for your response, clarified a lot... I will look forward to this important update.

One last question: This "PING" is an ICMP normal packet or an customized message, like an HTTPS message?

PING means: ping dji.com
If the router can connect to the outer internet, then the function can be used normally.
2023-12-7
Use props
djiuser_2GjpEHwXEAcN
New
Brazil

auro Posted at 2023-11-27 09:13

Hi how are you, I have the same problem NTRIP without internet access doesn't work, I need to connect to Wi-Fi with internet access then I can connect to the base and the T40 works, but for places without internet access there is no way to use it, I am very disappointed with this product .
3-4 02:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules